SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

manny03

14 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I'm doing my best to control myself. 

I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast before my stomach got sensitive. At the moment, I'm having a somewhat of a g.i window at the moment. 

I've noticed with my skin dryness is that I get scaley skin then it clears out and then gets dry and scaley which is weird. Also, I just had a small hive/welt crop up. Then it went away by itself. Before I had to use Benadryl to wipe it out. So, something good is happening I think. 

Moments like this I wish I had taper from my med though sadly with the cards I was delt, I had no choice. 

Yeah u cant go back only forward now.I c your AD there were skin side effects?.

GLAD your GI stuff is low.mine spiked up today.Messy to say the least.going into a wave again.hope we will get some good improvements from this recent  chaos.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

25 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Yeah u cant go back only forward now.I c your AD there were skin side effects?.

GLAD your GI stuff is low.mine spiked up today.Messy to say the least.going into a wave again.hope we will get some good improvements from this recent  chaos.

Skin issues are not stated as a side effect of my ad, though came across a person who had skin breakouts and dry skin during their withdrawal with the same AD that I took. 

Skin issues have plagued me from the beginning of my withdrawal. It used to be weird hives, welts, red spots. Though, from late November to now it morphed to dry or scaly skin around my eye brows. That's resolved itself at the moment, and moved to dry hands. Though earlier today I had a hive/welt crop up. Though it's resolved itself. 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

1 hour ago, manny03 said:

Skin issues are not stated as a side effect of my ad, though came across a person who had skin breakouts and dry skin during their withdrawal with the same AD that I took. 

Skin issues have plagued me from the beginning of my withdrawal. It used to be weird hives, welts, red spots. Though, from late November to now it morphed to dry or scaly skin around my eye brows. That's resolved itself at the moment, and moved to dry hands. Though earlier today I had a hive/welt crop up. Though it's resolved itself. 

Manny I think anything is possible in these wd symptoms. Today I had a sharp stabbing pain in my brain all over.very weird. 

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

11 hours ago, RusTW said:

Manny I think anything is possible in these wd symptoms. Today I had a sharp stabbing pain in my brain all over.very weird. 

I just hope it doesn't get worse. I'm pretty worried with the dry/scaly skin. I should be saying that regarding G.I. symptoms...

Though, the odd thing it comes and goes. For example, yesterday both hands were scaly and dry then went back to normal. Now, the dry area is in-between my left index and middle finger.

Last night, I ate some yogurt, and it help calm my G.I. symptoms at the moment.

Though, with the random scary symptoms were having we shouldn't be living like this. 

Though, like you mention I can't look back. Just deal with what's occurring now. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

Manny hows your day going?

Just now, RusTW said:

Manny hows your day going?

Well

After eating that yogurt, it made my stomach sensitive to cold foods and drinks again. Though, not as harsh as before. Though, I did notice something funny I hadn't even swallowed my food when I caught my stomach muscles contracting/giving me odd sensations...So, that's my mind playing tricks or Lord knows what. 

Besides, that my lower intestinal issues drastically calmed down and I was able to have nice bowel movement. So, in the end the yogurt was a mixed bag, have the weird upper abdominal sensation/coolness, though my bowels are calm. My ma told me to eat yogurt two to three times a week. It should be enough, and not overdo it, if not, I'm going to mess up my lower G.I. track like it occurred to my small niece a few years back. I'll take it. 

However, vertigo and off balance have made their presence known. Since I felt somewhat off balanced for most of the day. 

Also, felt head tension, like I was about to have a tremor but nothing happened. 

Skin issues, I noticed today that when I go outside or I get anxious, the skin on my hands get scaly and dries up, though as soon as go back home or to a cooler place, it almost goes back to normal. At the moment, most of the issues are cropping up on my left hand, while the right hand its almost resolved itself. 

2 hours ago, manny03 said:

Well

After eating that yogurt, it made my stomach sensitive to cold foods and drinks again. Though, not as harsh as before. Though, I did notice something funny I hadn't even swallowed my food when I caught my stomach muscles contracting/giving me odd sensations...So, that's my mind playing tricks or Lord knows what. 

Besides, that my lower intestinal issues drastically calmed down and I was able to have nice bowel movement. So, in the end the yogurt was a mixed bag, have the weird upper abdominal sensation/coolness, though my bowels are calm. My ma told me to eat yogurt two to three times a week. It should be enough, and not overdo it, if not, I'm going to mess up my lower G.I. track like it occurred to my small niece a few years back. I'll take it. 

However, vertigo and off balance have made their presence known. Since I felt somewhat off balanced for most of the day. 

Also, felt head tension, like I was about to have a tremor but nothing happened. 

Skin issues, I noticed today that when I go outside or I get anxious, the skin on my hands get scaly and dries up, though as soon as go back home or to a cooler place, it almost goes back to normal. At the moment, most of the issues are cropping up on my left hand, while the right hand its almost resolved itself. 

Glad the yogurt helped.any edge we get is good. When you have head tension do you get headaches how does that feel. I usually get those at the beginning of my wave.

It's weird one day when our new cat got caught underneath the house I was in a bad way and being occupied finding him everything went away and dropped off. I myself am also wondering how much of my thinking plays a part in this. Withdraw does cause wacky thinking or Amplified health anxiety so I wonder if we're still doing that and the body is responding.

42 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Glad the yogurt helped.any edge we get is good. When you have head tension do you get headaches how does that feel. I usually get those at the beginning of my wave.

It's weird one day when our new cat got caught underneath the house I was in a bad way and being occupied finding him everything went away and dropped off. I myself am also wondering how much of my thinking plays a part in this. Withdraw does cause wacky thinking or Amplified health anxiety so I wonder if we're still doing that and the body is responding.

I feel like a band around my head and or neck muscles. It's like they hold me still. 

You're not the only one. I've had weird odd tension on my obliques though if I run which is a form of distraction that symptom goes away. So it seems it's a mixture of anxiety amplifying our withdrawal symptoms. 

I wish it were the same with my dry skin. 

31 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I feel like a band around my head and or neck muscles. It's like they hold me still. 

You're not the only one. I've had weird odd tension on my obliques though if I run which is a form of distraction that symptom goes away. So it seems it's a mixture of anxiety amplifying our withdrawal symptoms. 

I wish it were the same with my dry skin. 

Good call.i think your right about anxiety amping things up.or symptoms amplifying anxiety. Best not to give either power .

I get that in my head.stiff neck also during waves.really bad headaches 

14 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Good call.i think your right about anxiety amping things up.or symptoms amplifying anxiety. Best not to give either power .

I get that in my head.stiff neck also during waves.really bad headaches 

Its easier said than done. 

I had this exact symptom early last week before this recent wave with the dry skin on both hands. The stiffness and head pressure were bad. 

Update

Woke up this morning with both hands back to normal. Though, once I cleaned my hands, they got dry/scaly/flaky again. So, its either water or something in the soap that's making my skin dry. This wasn't occurring before my withdrawals. So, it seems something got screwed up that's causing my skin sensitive. I have to clean my hands. So, it seems I'll have to ride this out. 

6 hours ago, manny03 said:

Update

Woke up this morning with both hands back to normal. Though, once I cleaned my hands, they got dry/scaly/flaky again. So, its either water or something in the soap that's making my skin dry. This wasn't occurring before my withdrawals. So, it seems something got screwed up that's causing my skin sensitive. I have to clean my hands. So, it seems I'll have to ride this out. 

Manny do ya think it sensitized gut skin and outer dermis -skin.or reaction to chemicals in the soap or water.

My sense of smell is so strong i feel nauseous from funky smells.i could be a k9 if i didnt feel like throwing up and were a dog.lol

14 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny do ya think it sensitized gut skin and outer dermis -skin.or reaction to chemicals in the soap or water.

My sense of smell is so strong i feel nauseous from funky smells.i could be a k9 if i didnt feel like throwing up and were a dog.lol

I never had this occur before so I know it's the withdrawals that's made me sensitive. 

A few months back I was highly sensitive with sound since I felt I could hear pretty far to the extreme my hearing for a few days it had and echo to it. Then it resolved itself. I was freaked out by that. 

Manny I Like your avatar. 

I get that hearing thing in my waves.esp at night one time some dishes crashed and I jumped out of bed ready for action.lol

On 3/29/2019 at 12:04 PM, RusTW said:

Manny I Like your avatar. 

I get that hearing thing in my waves.esp at night one time some dishes crashed and I jumped out of bed ready for action.lol

Thanks. One of my peers took it in one of his trips overseas. 

Exactly! That's how it was with me. It would startle me. Or when I would drive, the sounds would echo, then suddenly would get awfully loud like the woosh sound the wind, engines, flopping hair, engine noises. It was scary. 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed blasphemy

1 minute ago, manny03 said:

Thanks. One of my peers took it in one of his trips overseas. 

Exactly! That's how it was with me. It would startle me. Or when I would drive, the sounds would echo, then suddenly would get awfully loud like the woosh sound the wind, engines, flopping hair, engine noises. Jesus, it was scary. 

It is scary.i had it night before last during the night.I could hear everything. I told my girlfriend to be quiet but she didn't make noise.it was snowing and I could hear it loud.very strange 

Just now, RusTW said:

It is scary.i had it night before last during the night.I could hear everything. I told my girlfriend to be quiet but she didn't make noise.it was snowing and I could hear it loud.very strange 

It is. I just hope it doesn't happen to you when driving since its scary as hell. I almost swerve off the road with my parents with this happened. 

57 minutes ago, manny03 said:

It is. I just hope it doesn't happen to you when driving since its scary as hell. I almost swerve off the road with my parents with this happened. 

It's a weird reality we live in Manny.Most people couldn't imagine this circus

1 minute ago, RusTW said:

It's a weird reality we live in Manny.Most people couldn't imagine this circus

Most don't have the idea what these drugs can do when not treated carefully. Like I've written before on my thread, I wish I could shove a bottles worth of pills down my psychiatrist throat so he knows exactly what I'm going through at the moment as a lesson, so the next time he tells someone 'oh you start taking the medication at whatever dose' he won't.  

1 hour ago, manny03 said:

Most don't have the idea what these drugs can do when not treated carefully. Like I've written before on my thread, I wish I could shove a bottles worth of pills down my psychiatrist throat so he knows exactly what I'm going through at the moment as a lesson, so the next time he tells someone 'oh you start taking the medication at whatever dose' he won't.  

It took 4 months debating I'm in WD to my new psychiatrist doc.She only wanted to increase doses change drugs cold Turkey. What a bunch of money hungry people. It's a global thing too.You and all of us know those Doctors know what there doing to people. Then they have that condescending tone when they are pushing the meds.what a joke.

5 minutes ago, RusTW said:

It took 4 months debating I'm in WD to my new psychiatrist doc.She only wanted to increase doses change drugs cold Turkey. What a bunch of money hungry people. It's a global thing too.You and all of us know those Doctors know what there doing to people. Then they have that condescending tone when they are pushing the meds.what a joke.

I still a laugh when I remember my psychiatrist blaming my withdrawal symptoms to antivirals that I took for my shingles outbreak - the outbreak occurred two months before, and only took seven days worth of antivirals. then, after I gave him a long list, then he said, 'perhaps it is withdrawals or going back to depression'.  

Due to this experience I"m leery of doctors. At the moment, I've stopped myself of going back to them until yearly physical and that's it; since if not, they just throw pills at me. 

18 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I still a laugh when I remember my psychiatrist blaming my withdrawal symptoms to antivirals that I took for my shingles outbreak - the outbreak occurred two months before, and only took seven days worth of antivirals. then, after I gave him a long list, then he said, 'perhaps it is withdrawals or going back to depression'.  

Due to this experience I"m leery of doctors. At the moment, I've stopped myself of going back to them until yearly physical and that's it; since if not, they just throw pills at me. 

They play into health anxiety also.I got moved around to different Doctors because of body symptoms. Even my Gi doc wanted to give me AD.nortriptaline lol.im done too.ive been tested for everything. I'm way good until I die from NATURAL causes. Then they inject you with preservatives when u die.WTF

They play into health anxiety also.I got moved around to different Doctors because of body symptoms. Even my Gi doc wanted to give me AD.nortriptaline lol.im done too.ive been tested for everything. I'm way good until I die from NATURAL causes. Then they inject you with preservatives when u die.WTF

Sadly, that's what they do. Take this pill or that pill. I"m like how about some honesty for once. 

34 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Sadly, that's what they do. Take this pill or that pill. I"m like how about some honesty for once. 

Yeah I know man.I feel for those that dont.

Mass population believes in them.We learned the hardest way.

Update

Besides the usual symptoms. I had my first panic attack since 2015 after my mind thought I was chocking on my vitamin c pill. It was a horrible experience. Though at least, I was able to control myself than running out of my house in utter horror. 

9 hours ago, manny03 said:

Update

Besides the usual symptoms. I had my first panic attack since 2015 after my mind thought I was chocking on my vitamin c pill. It was a horrible experience. Though at least, I was able to control myself than running out of my house in utter horror. 

Manny that really sucks man. In January I partially swallowed a Zoloft and it burnt my esophagus. You got to be careful when you take pills you have to drink tons of water I usually Chase it down with a little bit of food also. The same thing happened to me with Cipro also it got caught in my esophagus and burned a hole so now I'm paranoid to pills. Sorry to laugh but it's kind of funny about you running and screaming out of the house that you didn't do that.

2 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny that really sucks man. In January I partially swallowed a Zoloft and it burnt my esophagus. You got to be careful when you take pills you have to drink tons of water I usually Chase it down with a little bit of food also. The same thing happened to me with Cipro also it got caught in my esophagus and burned a hole so now I'm paranoid to pills. Sorry to laugh but it's kind of funny about you running and screaming out of the house that you didn't do that.

I'd wish I could drink a ton of water, though seeing how sensitive my stomach got with the withdrawals, I have to be careful. 

in 2014, I ran out of my house at 3:30am...that's how bad the attacks got hence the medication. 

Besides that, After eating my yogurt, I'm feeling the electricity around my abdomen like you have Rus.

I'm freaking out that without eating yogurt, I can't have normal movements. My mind is going to the darkest places at the moment. I'm thinking that I have some cancer, though if that were the case, yogurt wouldn't even help. Though, it did. Since I ate my yogurt, and within 10 minutes it relaxed my bowels and had a movement.  I don't know if this is my mind or something is wrong. Though, I've had enough of drs.

Earlier, I had another crying spell when I went for a long walk. What's worse, I start crying in public seeing people living their normal lives. 

This is a truly a nightmare. 

From what I read from other members, after 3rd months, the withdrawals becomes hellish. And boy are they right. My ma feels bad and just prays that I get well. 

30 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I'd wish I could drink a ton of water, though seeing how sensitive my stomach got with the withdrawals, I have to be careful. 

in 2014, I ran out of my house at 3:30am...that's how bad the attacks got hence the medication. 

Besides that, After eating my yogurt, I'm feeling the electricity around my abdomen like you have Rus.

I'm freaking out that without eating yogurt, I can't have normal movements. My mind is going to the darkest places at the moment. I'm thinking that I have some cancer, though if that were the case, yogurt wouldn't even help. Though, it did. Since I ate my yogurt, and within 10 minutes it relaxed my bowels and had a movement.  I don't know if this is my mind or something is wrong. Though, I've had enough of drs.

Earlier, I had another crying spell when I went for a long walk. What's worse, I start crying in public seeing people living their normal lives. 

This is a truly a nightmare. 

From what I read from other members, after 3rd months, the withdrawals becomes hellish. And boy are they right. My ma feels bad and just prays that I get well. 

Geez Manny I'm sorry man.If it was cancer you would have other obvious symptoms. Dont worry Manny.

When you heal you will soar and be free. Just incorporate yogurt into your diet from now on. It's good because it does help digestion plus you get probiotics from it. I'm using something called DGL licorice it seems to soothe the stomach also. Last night I had a bad bout a reflux and didn't sleep much. I ate a brownie and it made my stomach sick.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:00 PM, RusTW said:

Geez Manny I'm sorry man.If it was cancer you would have other obvious symptoms. Dont worry Manny.

When you heal you will soar and be free. Just incorporate yogurt into your diet from now on. It's good because it does help digestion plus you get probiotics from it. I'm using something called DGL licorice it seems to soothe the stomach also. Last night I had a bad bout a reflux and didn't sleep much. I ate a brownie and it made my stomach sick.

I know Bowel Cancer doesn't cause flaky skin on my palms, intrusive thoughts, or blurred vision in the mornings LOL! 

Thanks for cheering me up, Rus.  :) 

I hate that I can't eat the foods that I used to. My ma does some nice ethnic cooking. Several months back I would be able to eat some of her dishes without a problem. Now, I can't. It causes some harsh burning sensation on the pit of my stomach or weird sensations on my stomach. 

I'll reintroduce yogurt two to three times a week to help me through these withdrawals. 

I also was taking Vitamin C with Calcium, and just came across that the Calcium Carbonate on it causes constipation. I'm like I'm going to stop taking that version and just search for a Vitamin C supplement to help me through these withdrawals since it helped stop the weird Flu like symptoms.

I didn't mention this, I was feeling off balanced for most of the morning. 

It's just a parade of symptoms. 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed blasphemy

Manny how are you doing today?

1 hour ago, RusTW said:

Manny how are you doing today?

Well was able to have my six hours of sleep which is a plus. 

Though, as soon as I wake up, my G.I. began to act up like always. It's like as if someone turns on the torture button. I was able to pass some compacted stools. 

Just ate breakfast since I did a four mile walk. Like you mentioned last night, I began to eat my breakfast and had the weird stomach sensations. I quickly remembered and ate a piece of papaya which soothed my stomach and was able to finish my rather large meal calmly. 

I stopped taking Vitamin C with Calcium to clean my system from the Calcium since I highly suspect that was the reason it got me constipated. I searched various med websites to verify what I found, and oh boy...like I mentioned before, the calcium I was taking constipates in the worse way. Its enough to deal with my sensitive stomach, though top it off, deal with lower intestinal issues its just cherry top in a crap cake. lol! I hope as the days and weeks go by, my lower G.I. calms down. 

How about you, Rus? How you being? 

3 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Well was able to have my six hours of sleep which is a plus. 

Though, as soon as I wake up, my G.I. began to act up like always. It's like as if someone turns on the torture button. I was able to pass some compacted stools. 

Just ate breakfast since I did a four mile walk. Like you mentioned last night, I began to eat my breakfast and had the weird stomach sensations. I quickly remembered and ate a piece of papaya which soothed my stomach and was able to finish my rather large meal calmly. 

I stopped taking Vitamin C with Calcium to clean my system from the Calcium since I highly suspect that was the reason it got me constipated. I searched various med websites to verify what I found, and oh boy...like I mentioned before, the calcium I was taking constipates in the worse way. Its enough to deal with my sensitive stomach, though top it off, deal with lower intestinal issues its just cherry top in a crap cake. lol! I hope as the days and weeks go by, my lower G.I. calms down. 

How about you, Rus? How you being? 

Manny I noticed the calcium in the tums affects the anxiety. The next morning my stomach and head feel messed up.i take non acidic vit c.seems to be easier on gut.lol crap cake .It will balance its connected to gut brain.

5 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny I noticed the calcium in the tums affects the anxiety. The next morning my stomach and head feel messed up.i take non acidic vit c.seems to be easier on gut.lol crap cake .It will balance its connected to gut brain.

When the burning sensation got horrible last December I began to take the tums like candy and that also has the calcium that constipates, though at a lower dose. As that sensation, went away, I began taking the Vitamin C with Calcium to calm down the weird flu like symptoms. Never thought, it would cause the issues that I have now until I came across what it actually does. I didn't know Calcium could affect anxiety. Perhaps that is why I've been rather anxious and panicky...

though, the off balance sensation is still there with me. So, both brains are still battling each other. 

I'd love to deliver some Crap Cake a la Octavia Spencer with her poo pie in The Help to my primary and psychiatrist. :D:D

1 minute ago, manny03 said:

When the burning sensation got horrible last December I began to take the tums like candy and that also has the calcium that constipates, though at a lower dose. As that sensation, went away, I began taking the Vitamin C with Calcium to calm down the weird flu like symptoms. Never thought, it would cause the issues that I have now until I came across what it actually does. I didn't know Calcium could affect anxiety. Perhaps that is why I've been rather anxious and panicky...

though, the off balance sensation is still there with me. So, both brains are still battling each other. 

I'd love to deliver some Crap Cake a la Octavia Spencer with her poo pie in The Help to my primary and psychiatrist. :D:D

Lol can u share with my doctors.With extra portions.

Lol can u share with my doctors.With extra portions.

Just send me the address and I'll make some arrangements. :D:D

7 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Just send me the address and I'll make some arrangements. :D:D

They're in hell and don't even know it.its 666 sell your soul lane👹👀