SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

manny03

Hi,

sorry im in Majorca on holiday for 1 week.

mmm tbh i still feel sh*tty most days lol. Im not back to normal yet at 14 month. 

I do still get fatugue but in waves. Also all the dizziness and off balance nausea stuff went away mainly. 

My biggest issue is Anhedonia, Anxiety, head pressure feeling in head. I feel like concrete has been poured in my brain and it has set...

Apart from that alot has gone away. I was soo bad for first 8 month or so. 

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

7 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi,

sorry im in Majorca on holiday for 1 week.

mmm tbh i still feel sh*tty most days lol. Im not back to normal yet at 14 month. 

I do still get fatugue but in waves. Also all the dizziness and off balance nausea stuff went away mainly. 

My biggest issue is Anhedonia, Anxiety, head pressure feeling in head. I feel like concrete has been poured in my brain and it has set...

Apart from that alot has gone away. I was soo bad for first 8 month or so. 

Besides the self harm due to hyper arousal

The off balance, nausea, and the quickly getting mad are my remaining symptoms. Seems I've been on a constant wave for more than a month now. I hope I'm able to get over this

Enjoy yourself on that holiday. 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

Well...

Crappy update. 

Last Saturday my primary did an emergency call since they found some blood and crystals in my urine. She suspected that it was a kidney stone. Though I told her the symptoms that I had, and told me to take antibiotics, though ordered urine work and a CT scan just to cover all the bases. 

Well...today I had some horrible back aches went to the ER and my primary was right. I have a kidney stone. 

Plus my blood pressure is high. I know when I was taking my antidepressant it kept it down. 

So, this has been a horrible day. 

However, good thing with the CT scan they were able to check my bowels and bladder since I was freaking out I had some metastic cancer. Nope. All clear. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

Hey Manny I'm glad to hear that you know that you don't have cancer now. That feeling sucks.

Sorry to hear about all the stuff going on with withdrawal.

Hang in there just remember the windows try to at least I know it's hard.

I've been tapering so I've been struggling somewhat myself also.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

1 hour ago, RusTW said:

Hey Manny I'm glad to hear that you know that you don't have cancer now. That feeling sucks.

Sorry to hear about all the stuff going on with withdrawal.

Hang in there just remember the windows try to at least I know it's hard.

I've been tapering so I've been struggling somewhat myself also.

That's the only good thing the CT scan revealed. So, I'm not even going to bother in doing a colonoscopy, and the bleeding that I've had could be due to fissures ( since every event I've had, I feel a horrible burning sensation down there). 

What worries me is the blood pressure and or heart rate. 

I went to three different CVS pharmacies to check my blood pressure. I noticed that the first reading is 150/100. When I went to the hospital and clinic I would get his reading or 157/112. However, in these three different stores I got the following readings, the second it plunges to 140/90, third 136/80, then several reading later it gets to 125/80.  Though my heart rate is hovering around 80bpm. When I used to work out and done my check up, it would be 60 to 65bmp. When I began in this anxiety journey and got my initial stress test, the cardiologist who saw me told me to do get several reading since I would get an average of my proper blood pressure. And from what I see its high 120/80s to mid 130/80s which my primary finds to be my normal. Though ever since I cold turkey this medication and have gone through these several health scares...its being going haywire. I've having chest pains, though not on the locations were my heart is or feeing that I'm losing my breath. This morning, I thought I was having a heart attack, and just to see if I would collapse I went for a walk. After 3.74 miles, it proved its my anxiety. 

They gave me beta blockers. I tried to run and couldn't even do a mile since I feel like I was going to faint. So I stopped that. 

This is horrible. 

I do notice when I'm around people, walk around, listen to music, or someone talks to me I get on an anxious state, I feel tense, I feel my heart beating pretty fast, pressure in my head. I measured my blood pressure and boy it skyrocketed to 145/95. However, As soon as I calmed my mind with my mind going blank, and with that my heart calming down...my blood pressure plunged to 125/81 or 118/81. 

From this it seems...not seems...my anxiety is out of control. 

Doesn't help with the off feeling sensation that lingering from my W/D. 

The only good thing the beta blocker did was stop the off feeling sensation and open up my bowels to have normal movements since from what I read it calms down some of the physical symptoms of anxiety, though not all of them...which I want to be relieved from. 

I'm contemplating in going back to taking an antidepressant. Though, I'am seeing a new therapist. Let's see what she adrices me to do. 

Here's my trick when I get overpowered by symptoms and I think they're going to get me I just say f it if I die I die right now. That might be a calloused way of looking at it but it's definitely helped the hypochondria through this.

I figure if I'd I won't have to go through withdrawals anymore LOL that's how bad this s*** is.

I went through the blood pressure thing myself up to the point of buying my own blood pressure cuff and oximeter. These drugs really screw your system. It's kind of cool here today and I've been totally sweating my brains out for no reason.

I graduated to the point of giving my mom my blood pressure cuff in oximeter I don't check it anymore.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

1 hour ago, manny03 said:

That's the only good thing the CT scan revealed. So, I'm not even going to bother in doing a colonoscopy, and the bleeding that I've had could be due to fissures ( since every event I've had, I feel a horrible burning sensation down there). 

What worries me is the blood pressure and or heart rate. 

I went to three different CVS pharmacies to check my blood pressure. I noticed that the first reading is 150/100. When I went to the hospital and clinic I would get his reading or 157/112. However, in these three different stores I got the following readings, the second it plunges to 140/90, third 136/80, then several reading later it gets to 125/80.  Though my heart rate is hovering around 80bpm. When I used to work out and done my check up, it would be 60 to 65bmp. When I began in this anxiety journey and got my initial stress test, the cardiologist who saw me told me to do get several reading since I would get an average of my proper blood pressure. And from what I see its high 120/80s to mid 130/80s which my primary finds to be my normal. Though ever since I cold turkey this medication and have gone through these several health scares...its being going haywire. I've having chest pains, though not on the locations were my heart is or feeing that I'm losing my breath. This morning, I thought I was having a heart attack, and just to see if I would collapse I went for a walk. After 3.74 miles, it proved its my anxiety. 

They gave me beta blockers. I tried to run and couldn't even do a mile since I feel like I was going to faint. So I stopped that. 

This is horrible. 

I do notice when I'm around people, walk around, listen to music, or someone talks to me I get on an anxious state, I feel tense, I feel my heart beating pretty fast, pressure in my head. I measured my blood pressure and boy it skyrocketed to 145/95. However, As soon as I calmed my mind with my mind going blank, and with that my heart calming down...my blood pressure plunged to 125/81 or 118/81. 

From this it seems...not seems...my anxiety is out of control. 

Doesn't help with the off feeling sensation that lingering from my W/D. 

The only good thing the beta blocker did was stop the off feeling sensation and open up my bowels to have normal movements since from what I read it calms down some of the physical symptoms of anxiety, though not all of them...which I want to be relieved from. 

I'm contemplating in going back to taking an antidepressant. Though, I'am seeing a new therapist. Let's see what she adrices me to do. 

Manny I would be weary of any new drugs. I've tried a different few and they all were paradoxal. I didn't spend much time on them because I can feel the adverse effect immediately. From time to time I'll take a benzo when it gets really bad and I pay for about four or five days.

I think once your system is in withdraw all medications are going to affect you differently. Hopefully if you do choose that they find one for you that will work. But consider that they may poop out also and leave you in a bad spot. I'm seeing a few different therapist a psychologist and a psychiatrist and it's all the same BS they don't know about withdraw and the little bit they do is wrong. Once you get into a bad place with these drugs nobody can pull you out but yourself.

We are the space monkeys being tested on.we are in somewhat uncharted waters but us in withdrawal. 

That's what freaks me out that one can pinpoint a way to get out of this. Since you're right. With any med, before I didn't feel the effect. Now, I do. The beta blockers are the scariest ones yet. 

Though, the blood pressure freaks me out. I"m going to attempt and start doing my workouts slowly and run to see overtime it goes down since I don't have bad cholesterol or diabetes to contribute to it. I've gained weight and anxiety. My entire father side of the family suffer from high blood pressure, though they do have bad cholesterol and diabetes, which I don't. I contribute this to the W/Ds. Though, I'm scared these pills have killed me. Boy, I'm between a rock and a hard place. :( 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, manny03 said:

Manny,

Given you cold turkeyed Trintellix due to adverse reactions, what is your thought process behind starting an antidepressant? 

It’s clear you suffer from health anxiety and having had bouts of this myself, I know how debilitating it can be. The difficulty with health anxiety is:

a) No matter how much reassurance you get and how many tests you go for, the feeling of ‘something is not right’ will return and unless you slowly learn to sit with this discomfort and uncertainty, it will likely only become more difficult to manage.

b) Given that all human beings are prone to health issues, there is no end of ammunition for health anxiety. 

Health anxiety is often housed under the OCD spectrum of disorders, and based on my experience with it this makes sense. Unfortunately, with a genuine case of health anxiety, no amount of research, testing or reassurance from your doctor will provide long term relief. It will usually provide short term relief, before the fear and preoccupation twists or turns to a new piece of ‘content’ and the uncertainty starts over. 

My experience with health anxiety and OCD type symptoms, is that when you give them an inch, they will often take a mile. What I mean by that is, if you suddenly feel scared and uncertain about having a particular illness or health issue, any attempt to relieve this discomfort, be that going to the doctors, researching it online, taking a health test or asking a friend/loved one, will reinforce the fear and allow the vicious cycle to perpetuate.

At some point, one has to see that the particular theme of the anxiety is ‘content’, and that it is secondary to the health anxiety itself. 

I hope your therapy is helping and that you can learn some techniques to start relieving the health anxiety. 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

• Moderator Emeritus

You might find this helpful, there is a short video there as well:  https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@eymen23 The reason I'm contemplating in going back is that I feel I lost. I'm back at square one before I took the medication. Every symptom is hitting me left and right. If its not my G.I. its feeling off balance, if not that, my blood pressure skyrocketing when I get anxious, if not that, having chest pains or weird aches around my body or feeling out of breath. I don't know if its my anxiety or the withdrawals still wrecking havoc after the year of cold turkying the medication.

I know the two years that I took the medication all of these symptoms, the thoughts had vanished. I was myself for once in my life.

Though, sadly in the last six months before I cold turkey it slowly pooped out and all of my symptoms came crashing to were I am now. Stuck at home. Not working. Being a burden to my parents. Not being able to make friends. have relationships, have normal sex life. Nothing. I feel alone, trapped inside my own body with these horrible symptoms. 

Sometimes I feel ending it would be a better solution. I've already told this to my new therapist and she already has made a plan if I get to that stage, so I'm able to get help and bring me back from the brink.  

That's why I'm thinking of going back in taking a medication since it gives me the hope all of these symptoms will go away. If not, at least, I'll have a valid reason to be put in permanent disability, and get some money from the goverment, and I'm able to at least be able to buy my own things, and not be at the mercy of my parents or strangers. 

My therapist at the moment, is trying to dig deep into my subconscious on the reasons my health anxiety came to be. She's the first doing this under advisement from my primary since the other therapists were a total joke and primary noticed nothing was working. I'm glad my therapist is following her advisement.  

Health anxiety is a form of OCD. I've had this my entire life with only occasional flare-ups due to life stress. I really think you can use withdrawal to get over health anxiety. That's what I'm doing now with myself is to not get caught up in symptoms and just deal with it. I don't really think it's a subconscious problem it's nice to look in that direction it's more of a chemical problem that can be handled through therapy or alternative thinking. I really do believe this can be dealt with without drugs. Just obsess on something positive that's what one of my best doctors I've ever had told me. He retired too bad

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

I do understand why you would want to go back on medication. I think about it sometimes too but the fear of the damage in time it could take to heal keeps me away from it. I had to take a benzo a couple weeks ago because I had a bad night and it really screwed me up for about four or five days. It helped me for a couple hours to sleep but I paid for it later. That's what seems to happen to me when I try any new drug. If you do hopefully it'll be different

• ChessieCat changed the title to manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

Manny

Your 1 year out. Most people still are not better at this point! 

You not just in a wave?

Im sure a wave at 12 month is very common and can be difficult.

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

Manny when do u c the therapist ?

3 hours ago, RusTW said:

Manny when do u c the therapist ?

I see her this coming Thursday. 

@Leo1983 I know., Though, these latest symptoms are scaring me. 

I just did a 8+ plus mile hike. Well I didn't keel over, and died.  However, I'm experiencing the same head pressure headaches and off balance feeling that began my SSRI Poop Out last May when I was working out pretty hard. I have to speculate its the serotonin in my brain. 

Manny if you push yourself too hard physically it's going to cause more symptoms. I know because I do it often. I have to monitor my workouts in my walks because it accumulate through time and just wipe you out. If you're doing this when you're not sleeping well it will compound all your problems try to rest as much as you can

@RusTW That's what I noticed last night. My body was wasted. Good thing I was able to have a good four to five hour sleep. My body feels somewhat back to normal. Though, it seems I"m still feeling the symptoms from either the antibiotic I was taking when I thought it was my prostate or the beta blockers that I took for one day. 

I'm going to seperate the hikes to two or three times a week, and do normal walks the other days in the week, so it helps calm down my mind while I do therapy and also recover from the kidney stone my body is trying to expel. 

9 minutes ago, manny03 said:

@RusTW That's what I noticed last night. My body was wasted. Good thing I was able to have a good four to five hour sleep. My body feels somewhat back to normal. Though, it seems I"m still feeling the symptoms from either the antibiotic I was taking when I thought it was my prostate or the beta blockers that I took for one day. 

I'm going to seperate the hikes to two or three times a week, and do normal walks the other days in the week, so it helps calm down my mind while I do therapy and also recover from the kidney stone my body is trying to expel. 

Do u have inflammation in prostate still 

@RusTW never had it. From what I was told when someone begins to pass a stone, it affects the entire urinary tract (Kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate etc). They never found an infection. Only the odd crystals and blood in my urine samples which raised a red flag to my MD.  

Manny how are you doing? How did your appointment go on Thursday?

3 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny how are you doing? How did your appointment go on Thursday?

Symptom wise I still have weird pelvic sensations before I pee or odd sensations in the area were my right kidney is. 

Besides that, I've been having on and off headaches and or chest pains when waking up or drinking caffeine items. 

The last two days I begun to think there is something wrong with my bladder since I still have symptoms, however, I tell myself, CT Scan was done and said that it was 'normal'. So its either I'm still moving a stone or its just my anxiety pulling a fast one on me. 

Behavior wise, I still easily get irritated. 

Well with my therapy session. I think they might be some movement since this therapist actually cares and even gives out worksheets and homework to do. What I learned now is that instead of fighting my anxiety symptoms. Is just accept them. Let them be. I tried her technique and the symptoms lose their intensity which is a plus. 

I have to add in there with all this GI stuff I'm having a my I having a lot of kidney pains also. My Pierce is really cloudy but they're not finding any infection so I'm suspecting it's just Candida.

Are you still getting windows? If so how are they

To be frank the off balance sensation that started my entire ordeal is gone at the moment. So I guess I'm doing better. It's been almost a week without them. I had a brief episode yesterday. So I do have to acknowledge they're getting longer. 

With your kidney symptoms. Just keep an on eye on it. I hope it's not what I'm going through at the moment. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/15/2019 at 6:12 PM, manny03 said:

Besides that, I've been having on and off headaches and or chest pains when waking up or drinking caffeine items. 

Manny,

I’m really glad to hear that the techniques you’re learning in therapy are of help, and that you click with your therapist. 

How much caffeine are you drinking each day? It might be sensible to slowly taper this down, until you anxiety symptoms are under better control. 

Edited by eymen23

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

52 minutes ago, eymen23 said:

Manny,

I’m really glad to hear that the techniques you’re learning in therapy are of help, and that you click with your therapist. 

How much caffeine are you drinking each day? It might be sensible to slowly taper this down, until you anxiety symptoms are under better control. 

I rarely do. 

I drank some black ice tea and that triggered my symptoms last weekend. 

This morning some spice in the pumpkin got me triggered again. 

It's being like this ever since I was given medication to help and push out my kidney stone. 

Though, i used the anxiety technique this morning to calm my racing heart and it helped. So, who knows if it's the spices that are found in certain products, the medication, or just my anxiety doing it's thing.

With the therapist, she also went to the same university that I went to and witnessed first hand other people go through the same situation. So, she know were to exactly hit and try to remedy. For me it feels like after six years, someone from the university is finally lending a hand and trying to amend their mistake by helping me out in return, 

Manny sorry to hear.This syndrome makes us very sensitive to everything.Hang tough man getting through it.

1 minute ago, RusTW said:

Manny sorry to hear.This syndrome makes us very sensitive to everything.Hang tough man getting through it.

I know. I hate to not eat anything with pumpkin spice since its my favorite time of year, and love everything with pumpkin. Now its triggering symptoms. :( 

For the moment, I'll just avoided to see if it helps the following days. 

4 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I know. I hate to not eat anything with pumpkin spice since its my favorite time of year, and love everything with pumpkin. Now its triggering symptoms. :( 

For the moment, I'll just avoided to see if it helps the following days. 

i get that too from food.

Just now, RusTW said:

i get that too from food.

At least its not water like it happened with me in December of last year which I totally contribute to the build up of the kidney stone. 

I couldn't tolerate water until in June. I suspect the lack of water and constantly taking calcium pills and or tums (which is more calcium) to calm down my heartburn (which at the moment is gone) help build it up since the crystals they found in my urine samples were of calcium oxylate.  

• 2 weeks later...

Manny how are you doing?

21 hours ago, RusTW said:

Manny how are you doing?

I'm having pelvic aches and or slight weird sensations on my bellybutton or my lower back, especially in the area were right kidney is were the stone was found a three weeks back. 

At least, my pee looks somewhat clear. 

However, I'm back at thinking I have bladder cancer or bowel cancer even thought the CT scan showed my bladder and bowels were normal.  I cancelled my colonoscopy since CT scan pretty much showed everything was fine. 

I haven't seen my stone come out yet. 

Perhaps its stone the entering my bladder area and is causing my symptoms or anxiety since I injured my lower back in 2010, and the original injury healed though had phantom aches and pains for four years until I discovered that it was my anxiety causing them.

W/D symptoms, I'm scott free I think besides feeling slight off sensation when eating. 

To be frank if I didn't have the kidney stone symptoms and slight off sensation when eating, I would have told @Altostrata to put me in the success section on this site, and I would relate my story, though I"m not out of it just yet. 

• Administrator

We look forward to seeing your success story, Manny. Please see the doctor for your kidney-area pain.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

If it comes out you'll definitely feel it I don't know if you'll see it but you'll feel it come out. I can feel it moving out yesterday and then my pee stream changed and split for a second and then went back to normal and I felt relieved