Jump to content
manny03

☼ manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

Recommended Posts

RusTW

That's great you doing better. That's so good to hear. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
10 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

We look forward to seeing your success story, Manny. Please see the doctor for your kidney-area pain.

Already am 😉. Just having the symptoms. Yikes. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
6 minutes ago, RusTW said:

If it comes out you'll definitely feel it I don't know if you'll see it but you'll feel it come out. I can feel it moving out yesterday and then my pee stream changed and split for a second and then went back to normal and I felt relieved

My stream is looking normal though I'm having the aches and pains. Perhaps it's moving into my bladder area. Let's see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Manny how are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
11 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny how are you doing?

Withdrawals wise...I just have off balance sensation once in a blue moon though besides that I'm good. 

 

Stone wise, symptoms are slowly calming down though I suspect it could my anxiety now causing the symptoms. Since I have back pains or urges to pee. Though anxiety can also cause the symptoms. Went to the urologist two days ago and wanted to cut me open without doing blood or urine tests to see if I'm not peeing blood or still have crystals in my system. Literally wanted to smack him. Going back to my primary and have me refered to someone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Manny that's good to hear man. I did some research and found out that these drugs which are antihistamines can cause a disorder called Mast Cell Activation and that affects your prostate and urinary tract.. It causes inflammation

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
On 10/14/2018 at 3:09 PM, manny03 said:

I agree. The symptoms are overwhelming and scary. For example I have a red spot that came out on my forearm yesterday. I've noticed these spots coming out on random parts of my body ever since I stopped the medication. Though, they go away after a week and half. from what I've read these meds mess with hormones and histamine receptors that could be the reason why I've had rashes, hives, huge teenager pimples lol! Or these random red spots. 

 

I just hope this med didn't cause any permanent damage in the long term. 

Hello manny 03

how long did you have hives/rash for 

did you have every day ? 

Mine started 6weeks ago and it’s awful soooooo uncomfortable 

did you take anything for it ? 

I also have spots too and I’m way past  teenage years !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
14 minutes ago, Longroadhome said:

Hello manny 03

how long did you have hives/rash for 

did you have every day ? 

Mine started 6weeks ago and it’s awful soooooo uncomfortable 

did you take anything for it ? 

I also have spots too and I’m way past  teenage years !!! 

I began to have skin problems within a month of my withdrawals and it lasted until early April of this year. I used Benadryl bug spray to calm down the hives...

 

The same with the weird spots on my arms and neck began at the same time with the hives, and like my hives they went away in April of this year. 

 

In all nine months of hell. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

It's possible that withdrawal hypersensitivity extends to your skin. Try techniques to reduce contact allergy reactions such as switch to hypoallergic detergent, hypoallergenic soap, hypoallergenic lotions and creams. Do not use scents or scented products on your skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
18 hours ago, manny03 said:

I began to have skin problems within a month of my withdrawals and it lasted until early April of this year. I used Benadryl bug spray to calm down the hives...

 

The same with the weird spots on my arms and neck began at the same time with the hives, and like my hives they went away in April of this year. 

 

In all nine months of hell. 

 

 

Thank you prompt reply 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

@Leo1983 I read your thread. You're still battling through your symptoms? If you're, your not alone. Besides the kidney stones that came up due to my withdrawal - couldn't drink water for almost four months.

 

The last two symptoms that I still have are the headaches and off balance sensation before passing a stool or eating. Both symptoms occur once in a blue moon...like three to four times a week, not like before. Besides that, I'm almost out of it inching closer to posting my success story.

Share this post


Link to post
Leo1983

In a wave as we speak!

 

im alot more functionable than the start however, its still hanging about. Main 2 symptoms head pressure and anxiety.

 

Been drinking lately for holidays and weddings not sure its to blame. 

 

Pleased your better!!! Careful its not a window just be mindful. 

 

i do wish it would all end. 17 month now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Leo1983

I have a larger drug history and i CT Lexapro which appears to destroy brains for a while 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
8 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

In a wave as we speak!

 

im alot more functionable than the start however, its still hanging about. Main 2 symptoms head pressure and anxiety.

 

Been drinking lately for holidays and weddings not sure its to blame. 

 

Pleased your better!!! Careful its not a window just be mindful. 

 

i do wish it would all end. 17 month now. 

Most of the days I'm more than fine. Just a symptom here and there besides the kidney stones stuff which is slowly going away, knock on wood.

 

 I wish I was done with this. I'm 14 months out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

 

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tom37

Congratulations on feeling so much better and wd almost behind you. It’s a pretty big deal to get through.

 

Hopefully things continue like they have been.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
49 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

 

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

 

45 minutes ago, Tom37 said:

Congratulations on feeling so much better and wd almost behind you. It’s a pretty big deal to get through.

 

Hopefully things continue like they have been.

Thanks Alto. 🙂

 

It's scary to say, but both you might be right. I'm finally reaching the light by the end of the tunnel. This time last year I thought I was getting better, though never realized that a few weeks later I was about to truly enter withdrawal hell. 

 

It's being one horrible experience that's humbled me and made me reflect about life. I hope sooner or later this ordeal is finally over and I'm able to move on. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Manny how are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
7 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny how are you doing?

 

Hey Rus!

 

Well, I finally peed my Kidney stone. Yup, its a small yellow rock.  Still have weird back sensations around spinal cord or upper and lower back. I was given a urine test to check if I was still peeing occult blood or microscopic crystals and nope. I have the all clear, so whatever is happening now is sadly my anxiety disorder playing games with me. 

 

Withdrawals, well the off balance sensation hasn't completely left, only occurs when I eat, or about to poop, besides that I'm almost back to were I was before this horrible journey began in May 2018 when my SSRI pooped out.  And you? How's life?

Share this post


Link to post
eboyd

I have had issues with my skin during withdrawal as well.  Bad acne one day and then it clears up over night.  I would get eczema on my face and then again it would heal overnight.  It comes and goes.  I use raw extra virgin coconut oil for the dryness on my face.  It seems to help.  I am at the point where my skin and body are going to do what it is going to do and I just work around it as best I can.  

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Manny glad to hear you're getting better man. I'm still on the struggle train waiting to get off LOL

That off-balance thing must be a weird thing while you're trying to take a dump and eat that's very odd.

I don't even think the best human imagination could understand this ride that were on

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
8 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny glad to hear you're getting better man. I'm still on the struggle train waiting to get off LOL

That off-balance thing must be a weird thing while you're trying to take a dump and eat that's very odd.

I don't even think the best human imagination could understand this ride that were on

 

From what I've read the vagues nerve is connected to the brain and is what controls bodily functions such as evacuating waste, etc, so I guess when the SSRI pooped on me and later on when I entered to full fledged withdrawals that got horribly messed up. The last two days I didn't have any off balance sensation which is a plus. Though, I wish it were gone. Though, rather have it like it is now unlike this time last year when I was constantly off balanced. 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

I will look into the vagus nerve again.Glad in a year it has improved.

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
5 minutes ago, RusTW said:

I will look into the vagus nerve again.Glad in a year it has improved.

It's a work in progress though boy I have noticed if I don't passed 1pm I get the off balance feeling. It's my weird 'signal' hey you need to eat. 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Seems like your connected to your body a bit better.You know it best man.MIne is still finding balance in the gut.on thurs is my prostate biopsy.not too worried a 50/50 chance of cancer doc says.

i hear your getting rain.snow here in northern nv.

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
28 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Seems like your connected to your body a bit better.You know it best man.MIne is still finding balance in the gut.on thurs is my prostate biopsy.not too worried a 50/50 chance of cancer doc says.

i hear your getting rain.snow here in northern nv.

 

I've been think about your check this month. I do hope its just prostatitis. 

 

Yup, the mountains near by (Big Bear, Mt Baldy) got a good amount of snow with the rain. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Just wanted to report back that sadly I'm getting tension headaches and the off balance symptoms that I had the beginning of this. Though, it could also be my anxiety disorder triggering these symptoms since I have a lot of worries at the moment.  Plus, I still have my pelvic symptoms to boot. Medical wise, after constant urine tests, CT scans and ultrasounds, I've been given the clean sheet, so its either my disorder causing this or still in the protracted withdrawals.

 

@RusTW I hope your doing well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Leo1983

Sorry to hear that m8. 

 

Least you have had a nice window. 

 

Its an awful situation. 

 

Hope ya feel better soon

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
2 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Sorry to hear that m8. 

 

Least you have had a nice window. 

 

Its an awful situation. 

 

Hope ya feel better soon

 

 I have to agree since from September to last week, I was having really nice window until the last few days when it came back. So annoyed. 

 

Well, I'll do my best to carry on. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Also, forgot to mention, my bowels began to close themselves again. I'm evacuating thin stools. I wasn't doing this since September. Perhaps its just my anxiety again do its thing. gwrr! Plus, I stopped going to my therapist since it was short sessions with her since she works for the government and is not private due to my crappy insurance. Perhaps that could be why these symptoms are coming back. 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
8 hours ago, manny03 said:

Just wanted to report back that sadly I'm getting tension headaches and the off balance symptoms that I had the beginning of this. Though, it could also be my anxiety disorder triggering these symptoms since I have a lot of worries at the moment.  Plus, I still have my pelvic symptoms to boot. Medical wise, after constant urine tests, CT scans and ultrasounds, I've been given the clean sheet, so its either my disorder causing this or still in the protracted withdrawals.

 

@RusTW I hope your doing well.  

What urinary symptoms are u having?

Just had prostate biopsy.Very painful.50/50 chance of cancer.18th of Dec is results.Flu stuff still anxiety some days in 2 day waves'Getting weaker but getting stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
5 minutes ago, RusTW said:

What urinary symptoms are u having?

Just had prostate biopsy.Very painful.50/50 chance of cancer.18th of Dec is results.Flu stuff still anxiety some days in 2 day waves'Getting weaker but getting stronger.

Pelvic sensations or constant peeing. Though I just noticed today that it goes away. Then I begin having headaches. Then off balance sensation. For several weeks I was having chest pains, though that went away, and now it's headaches. It seems I'm cycling through symptoms since at the moment no urinary symptoms at all or just switches back and forth. Like my nervous system is correcting itself. 

 

Crossing my fingers it's nothing with your condition, Rus. 

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW
2 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Pelvic sensations or constant peeing. Though I just noticed today that it goes away. Then I begin having headaches. Then off balance sensation. For several weeks I was having chest pains, though that went away, and now it's headaches. It seems I'm cycling through symptoms since at the moment no urinary symptoms at all or just switches back and forth. Like my nervous system is correcting itself. 

 

Crossing my fingers it's nothing with your condition, Rus. 

Me too man ive been sick for a minute here.Plus w/d.i own this **** though not giving in

Share this post


Link to post
RusTW

Mast cell activation disorder is sometimes caused by ADs.It causes gut and urinary stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Tom37

Just think though Manny how much better you will feel after this latest adjustment your body is making. Great sign that you had a nice window and more will come until it’s one big permanent one.

 

Try not to think a lot of it is your own anxiety as wd exacerbates everything and if you have a weakness it’s certain to make it worse.

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
1 hour ago, Tom37 said:

Just think though Manny how much better you will feel after this latest adjustment your body is making. Great sign that you had a nice window and more will come until it’s one big permanent one.

 

Try not to think a lot of it is your own anxiety as wd exacerbates everything and if you have a weakness it’s certain to make it worse.

It's frustrating being out of it after 15 months and this still occuring. Though, I have to say I had a nice three month window, so I'm thankful for that. 

 

Now, I'll try to think of the window when it gets bad. 

 

Weird thing that I'm noticing is that my sight suddenly got sharper. I wear rx eyeglasses, so I thought I had cleaned my glasses. But nope. It's sharper. 

 

This week I began to do some serious running after a year of not being able to when these symptoms began to occur. Plus I'm getting a case of the sniffles due to weather changes. Who knows. But tingling in my head, nose, tension around my head, akathesia are back. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy