☼ manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

manny03

Just now, RusTW said:

Manny do u still have urinary symptoms?

Once in a blue moon. When I get too anxious. Besides that, nah. I get more bowel issues now. Either diarrhea or get constipated. 

Though this week I had the return of the headaches or the slight off balance symptom. Doesn't help I injured my back last week which made my w/d symptoms worse. Hence, not out of it. Though, almost getting there.  

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

• 4 weeks later...

I struggle with a urinary stuff that is after my cancer surgery I still have to go to the bathroom constantly at night. I'm not sure if it's a neurological thing. I do have some symptoms that show proof of physical but they are not finding anything

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

Hope things are going well for you and have a good Thanksgiving

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

4 hours ago, RusTW said:

Hope things are going well for you and have a good Thanksgiving

Hey Russ,

Thanks for the well wishes and I hope you do have a good holiday even with the pandemic. 

Well, with me I've reached 'w/d normal' were I'm able to have almost three week Windows then get hit with a wave. This has been occurring since mid April though never realized until the last wave that I had at the end October. Just last week, I had another wave hit me, though not as harsh. 

Symptoms 

Cluster headaches(aches on the top of my head or my neck and lower part of my head)

Vision issues in the morning ,

Slight off balance 

Sudden aggression

Eating binge

Hyper aroused

Anxiety like attacks

body aches and pains

IBS like symptoms

Urinary symptoms 

They last around two days and go away like nothing is wrong. compared to how it was last year, I can see the difference. I'm almost there. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

• 1 month later...

Update

Just wanted to give a heads up that I'm still here and monitoring my symptoms. I have to say they're almost gone, and I say almost since I still get really sick when I get the cold/flu since it didn't occur before my w/d. Just read the last post and take away the IBS like symptoms, urinary symptoms, sudden eating binge and balances issues, I still have the remaining issues, though occur every three and half weeks...It's getting there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Since my thread is like a journal diary of this scary withdrawal journey, well I need to include this since this is the first time I've encountered this in my life, and I contribute to what the medication did to me during W/D. 

I went to the typical big box store (Costco) where I went to fill up my car with gas. There was a couple of people in front of me putting gas and from my vantage point were blocking the way, so if I wanted to move around them, and go to the next fill up stall, I couldn't. I stayed put, and checked my Twitter on cell phone when suddenly I felt a car rush past me, and the persons standing quickly moved and were surprised. Then, heard some shouting. I didn't take notice of it. Until a person who was behind me walked passed me, and began to shout at someone on why they cut the line. I got out of the car, and noticed there was this man and woman screaming at me at about a feet away. Them being Chinese, I didn't understand them. They only pointed at my cell phone. I looked back and noticed five cars behind me shouting expletives at the couple since they had cut the line.  I told them, what is there problem. Didn't they notice the man in middle of the path, and they just screamed more at me. I told them, hey...I wasn't going to run over the man, like they almost did. They shouted more, and only continue to point my cell phone. The man was screaming out loud, and I went to the gas attendant and told him why wasn't he kicking him out of the gas station, and said he couldn't do anything.  I walked back to my car and the woman was screaming me louder, and I was telling them of leave me alone. When suddenly something happened that truly scared me. That wall of patience that I always had in confrontations, helped me survive my time in the armed forces and undergrad was gone. I felt a sudden urge to rush the couple and beat the crap out of the two. I noticed the couple were screaming at me even more. I quickly realized something was truly wrong, and I looked down and took a deep breath. The couple quickly finished filling up their car and left the gas station. Overheard some of the other people in the gas station telling me it wasn't worth getting myself in trouble.

When I left the gas station I asked my mom did I have facial reaction that triggered their unhinged reaction. My ma said, yes. I had an 'aggressive' look that quickly irked the man which made him even more mad, though realized it was better for him to leave. 

The physical symptoms of W/D are scary enough (kidney stones, headaches, off balance etc.) though behavioral symptoms are something else. Though, this is the first time since my W/D I was confronted in such heated situation. I do hope over time I'm able to keep my emotions in check. Before my W/D I never had this problem in life. Even, I used to always get beaten up by bullies, now it feels like someone flipped the switch. I'll keep posting my progress. Since besides this, I'm still holding with minute waves after 30 months after this crazy w/d journey with the symptom's I've described in my December update. 

• 11 months later...

@manny03

I was reading an old post. Is there anything that helped the ibs or mucus on stools? Thank you

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

• 2 weeks later...