SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

manny03

3 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Have you tried taking magnesium or fish oil to mitigate that symptom since I'm My case taking orange juice with calcium, vitamin d, and magnesium have helped cut down my dizzy spells. Now, experience it once every three days though now I only experience that odd anxiety/off balance/run to the hills sensation that goes away after I eat . 

I haven't tried.... I started taking diff suppliments and my body reacted. I could try really low doses and see what happens. Even suppliments effect me. I tried OJ a few days... not sure if it was the right kind though or ig it did much after reading one of your posts a week or more ago, I could try again.

I also have raging insomnia lately... worst time in my life!! Problems breathing at night scares me so I think it makes it all worse.

Anyways... today its been a better day... still symptoms but better for now. So that's a positive!

-Taking Deanxit - 1 tablet daily for 4-5 years (drug banned in many countries)

-Started tapering May 1, 2018

-Dr told me to go ct 1 week later

-Another Dr put me back on 1 week later (dizzy)

-Ended up in ER May 15, 2018 went to neurologist same day and he took me off Deanxit and put me on Depokine(Depokote) 5oo mg -Multiple withdrawal symptoms.

-Started tapering from Depokote 8 wks later - tapered slowly for 2 months

-Sept 20 stopped taking 64 mg Depokine on advice from 2 doctors seemed to be getting worse.

-many withdrawal symptoms continue no improvement.. 10 days off getting worse.

-given Lorazepam to sleep at night on Sept 21. Took 1/2 first 2 nights, then 1/4 the next, skipped 3 days, took 1/8, skipped a day, felt AWFUL the next day, trying to cut smaller from that day on... 1/8 or smaller...had a very bad day Oct. 8th...back to Dr. Trying to continue to taper........ afraid to just stop from very bad days!

I tried taking Stress B complex and good Lord that was hell and stopped. Went back on the OJ that slowly helped get back to some normalcy. I think it depends on the brand and exactly what it has on it since I almost made the mistake of getting the regular oj. In my case it's helped greatly. If you try again, make sure to look on the back and see it mentions that it has magnesium in it. 

A few weeks back I had breathing issues and it totally freaked me out. Though, like always it resolved itself.  

Just take it day by day. 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

14 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I tried taking Stress B complex and good Lord that was hell and stopped. Went back on the OJ that slowly helped get back to some normalcy. I think it depends on the brand and exactly what it has on it since I almost made the mistake of getting the regular oj. In my case it's helped greatly. If you try again, make sure to look on the back and see it mentions that it has magnesium in it. 

A few weeks back I had breathing issues and it totally freaked me out. Though, like always it resolved itself.  

Just take it day by day. 

Thanks for the tips! Ill look for magnesium in OJ. Thanks!

Hope you continue having good days and better days! 🙂

-Ended up in ER May 15, 2018 went to neurologist same day and he took me off Deanxit and put me on Depokine(Depokote) 5oo mg -Multiple withdrawal symptoms.

-Sept 20 stopped taking 64 mg Depokine on advice from 2 doctors seemed to be getting worse.

-given Lorazepam to sleep at night on Sept 21. Took 1/2 first 2 nights, then 1/4 the next, skipped 3 days, took 1/8, skipped a day, felt AWFUL the next day, trying to cut smaller from that day on... 1/8 or smaller...had a very bad day Oct. 8th...back to Dr. Trying to continue to taper........ afraid to just stop from very bad days!

Update:

Mostly the same as the week before. No big changes. The only thing that still freaks me out are the headaches or stomach cramps when I wake up, though they've lessened. This morning I had pulsing headache on the back of my head around the area were my head and neck connect on the right side. Then, it went away and now feel numb tense like sensation on the right side of my head came back again like in the beginning of my withdrawals even though its' being three months since I stopped. 

Sometimes I freak out and think I have MS. 

Symptoms

Abdominal cramps/Constipation

Slight headache

nausea sensation. 

Akathisia/off balance sensation. 

Rash

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

Update

After my last response I had a wave that roughed me up badly. 

Symptoms

Off Balance

Pulsing headache on lower right side, next to my neck (on the back)

Indigestion (burping/belching, burning sensation in middle of my stomach, aches and pains, and tension on my back)

What I noticed is that when I ran through the store to get an item, the indigestion went away, though when I stopped it began again. Could this be fight or flight response of anxiety that's causing my indigestion? 

However, I noticed that my indigestion symptoms were not as intense as before. Like they were when my anxiety began when I was 10 year old boy.  ( Could this be due to drinking a Tumeric shake since its well known for its anti-inflammatory healing properties)  

I feel that I'm cycling through all of the symptoms I've had in my life.

I had taken med for my indigestion in early 2013, and didn't have any symptoms up to last June when my medication slowly began to poop out on me and this symptoms with the other anxiety related ones began to creep up on me. 

I hope someone reads this, just to know if someone has had indigestion as a part of their withdrawals. 

@manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

If you will Google, "SurvivingAntidepressants indigestion" you will see that digestive problems are a common withdrawal symptom.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Mate. There are people dying on here. Don't know about you but I feel like someone has hijacked my mind. 

I would not worry about indigestion. I would happyily swallow a blow torch compared to some of the symptoms I have. 

(Mod Note:  please see this post)  Try a trip to docs for antacids. 

Keep up the fight. 

Edited by ChessieCat
mod note

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi manny03,

I didn't have much in the way of indigestion.  Some occasional stuff.  It's not unusual though.  I think because we have a ton of serotonin receptors in the gut......and so in W/D, there are often gut issues.  Some people try different diets or if you can keep track, or a food diary of types.......you might be able to figure out which foodstuff to avoid.

I was thinking of your orange juice with a bit of magnesium in it.  If it helps, great.  And you tolerate it. 

Usually though, calcium will defeat the purpose of the magnesium......it's like it cancels out the calming from it.  I'll just give you the link, so you can look at it yourself.  Magnesium, natures calcium channel blocker

Oh Leo1983,  I sure hope you see some improvement soon mate! B)  Rooting for you both!!!!

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Hey, and when you are signed in, go to Off Topic, Best of SA, and read the latest, a post from brassmonkey.  You'll like it and it's encouraging!!  I think it is.

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

3 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi manny03,

I didn't have much in the way of indigestion.  Some occasional stuff.  It's not unusual though.  I think because we have a ton of serotonin receptors in the gut......and so in W/D, there are often gut issues.  Some people try different diets or if you can keep track, or a food diary of types.......you might be able to figure out which foodstuff to avoid.

I was thinking of your orange juice with a bit of magnesium in it.  If it helps, great.  And you tolerate it. 

Usually though, calcium will defeat the purpose of the magnesium......it's like it cancels out the calming from it.  I'll just give you the link, so you can look at it yourself.  Magnesium, natures calcium channel blocker

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Hey, and when you are signed in, go to Off Topic, Best of SA, and read the latest, a post from brassmonkey.  You'll like it and it's encouraging!!

That's what I've realized a few minutes ago. I began to trace back when the symptoms began to occur, and I trace it back when my med began to poop out on me since all of these symptoms would crop up, though back then I thought, oh its something I ate. Now, that I'm going through withdrawals, all these symptoms are cycling each other.  Yesterday, I woke up, felt ok, then three hours later, I felt anxious, then had the sharp headache, then it shifted to indigestion. 

I know I can't eat anything with dairy which flares up my stomach, and I ate a bread that I ma did and it was heavy with sour cream. Perhaps, that's what triggered it. Though, then I think back of how they symptoms cycled early in the morning. So, it could be just withdrawals. 

Magnesium in the orange juice has greatly helped since if I take it in pill form, it flares my IBS. 

I'll take a look at brassmonkey's post. :) 

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Try a trip to docs for antacids. 

that-acid-reflux-pill-may-be-causing-your-health-problems

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Yea, I'm not doing any anti acids since from what I've noticed, its my withdrawal symptoms cycling each other. Today, I feel somewhat off balanced, and slight ache on the upper right abdominal quadrant or burping, though the indigestion that I had yesterday is gone. I had this same ache sensation when I started with my anxiety symptom in 2014. For a little bit of history. 

Though, no headaches like before. Hope these withdrawal symptoms go way soon. 

Update

Well even if I'm experiencing these withdrawal I've been looking for work and landed a few interviews.

It seems the nervousness and the anxiety of the unknown have augmented some of the symptoms, especially the off balance sensation and rashes. Though, I'm going to fight through it since I know it's not some terrible disease, just my nerves getting the better of me, and my body trying to function without the medication. 

Indigestion is still there somewhat. Though, it's not bad. Like its mentioned before, only time will slowly heal me. 

Update

As I go through job interview process, it seems nervous system reacts and I'm having some moderate waves. Which are unpleasant and sometimes make me think I have something sinister, though like @ChessieCat mentioned to another member and my own brother whose taken recreational drugs have said, this is just withdrawals and I have to accept it and cope with them. 

Symptoms 

Moderate headaches

Fatigue - almost resolved itself though came back with less intensity.

Burping (indigestion)

Rashes

Off balance - which almost resolved itself though as soon as I began doing interviews came back though moderately. 

nausea like sensation though not as intense as before.

Anxiety/anger 

Saddness/slight crying episode

feeling warm. 

The good news it's that these symptoms have lost their intensity so there tolerable. Though, like I've written before want them gone. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi manny03,

I've found much coping that really helps in the way of meditation practice and movement stuff(for me, yoga, walk/runs, and swimming).

Sometimes.......often now.......the old nervous system doesn't react anymore in the way it used to.  Calming thoughts just come in or I can just stay present.  Stay present in each moment.

So there's that.

What do you do/use along those lines of coping?

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

18 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi manny03,

I've found much coping that really helps in the way of meditation practice and movement stuff(for me, yoga, walk/runs, and swimming).

Sometimes.......often now.......the old nervous system doesn't react anymore in the way it used to.  Calming thoughts just come in or I can just stay present.  Stay present in each moment.

So there's that.

What do you do/use along those lines of coping?

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

I primarily workout and do 1.5 to 2.15 mile runs and 3 mile walks. Though, during this withdrawal I've noticed weird sloshing or muscle pulling sensations on the back of my head afterwards which is weird. Then, other moments when I do my runs it feels like I'm really nimble and able to run really far like I was in my early 20s. Seems like the medication was inhibiting my limbs and muscles. 

Also, to calm myself I try to be alone or  plane spot since I'm an aviation geek.  

I've tried to meditate though I quickly begin to panic when I hear my heartbeat, though if I try again, I might have to fight through that to calm myself. 

Yesterday afternoon, I went to plane spot, I was calm as a cucumber, though once I got home, the off balance, burping, fatigued, slight headache, and rash symptoms come back. I'm like ok mind I see what you're doing. It's weird. 

47 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I primarily workout and do 1.5 to 2.15 mile runs and 3 mile walks. Though, during this withdrawal I've noticed weird sloshing or muscle pulling sensations on the back of my head afterwards which is weird. Then, other moments when I do my runs it feels like I'm really nimble and able to run really far like I was in my early 20s. Seems like the medication was inhibiting my limbs and muscles. 

Also, to calm myself I try to be alone or  plane spot since I'm an aviation geek.  

I've tried to meditate though I quickly begin to panic when I hear my heartbeat, though if I try again, I might have to fight through that to calm myself. 

Yesterday afternoon, I went to plane spot, I was calm as a cucumber, though once I got home, the off balance, burping, fatigued, slight headache, and rash symptoms come back. I'm like ok mind I see what you're doing. It's weird. 

Hi Manny, I find the breathing exercises calm me. . . When I first started doing it I felt like I got more stressed and my heart would race and I'd get light headed and couldn't breath. But after over a month now it def helps calm me, and I can listen to my slow calm breathing... not my heartbeat. Although with the 4-7-8 method when u hold your breath you can hear your heartbeat. 

I use both of these and even do it in public. I use the 4-7-8 for insomnia too when I wake up in the middle of the night. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yes.  Something about breathing in and out through the nose comes to mind.  I think it may do more for vagal calming?  Than just plain mouth breathing.

I know the nasal breathing is emphasized in Yoga too.  It does take practice, I've found.

You should have seen me when I tried to scuba dive long ago though.  Tried to just mouth breath as I recall.  Used up my tank supply in record time too!  I did not pursue scuba diving!!  THAT made me fearful.......scuba diving.  So much to see down there too.......it's a pity.

Those look like good vids Cari!  Thanks.

Edited by manymoretodays

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Oh yes.  Something about breathing in and out through the nose comes to mind.  I think it may do more for vagal calming?  Than just plain mouth breathing.

I know the nasal breathing is emphasized in Yoga too.  It does take practice, I've found.

You should have seen me when I tried to scuba dive long ago though.  Tried to just mouth breath as I recall.  Used up my tank supply in record time too!  I did not pursue scuba diving!!  THAT made me fearful.......scuba diving.  So much to see down there too.......it's a pity.

Those look like good vids Cari!  Thanks.

I looked up vagal calming and found this great article. Definitely could be helpful!

https://thelivingproofinstitute.com/19-ways-to-stimulate-your-vagus-nerve/

15 hours ago, manny03 said:

Good video explaining it in more detail for the 4-7-8 breathing.

Thanks for the vids, Cari. :) I'll do my best to see if they help. 

I've always being a political junkee and it seems that inhibiting me from getting well since I woke up this morning and saw some news that retched my symptoms. 

Symptoms

Stomach cramps

Off Balance

Rash (during my run)

Headaches (after run)

*Hive (though my ma cleaned my room. I've noticed ants and spiders over the last two months, so it could have been bug bite since I felt a sting, then it itched, put some Benadryl and it vanished)

@Shep I hope you could give me some solace. Ever since I stopped cold turkey, one of the symptoms that's frighten me besides the off balance and weak sensation, is that of rashes.

I read a little bit of your story and read that you had rashes during your withdrawal.

In my case, It began on my left arm, though it faded away. Now its remained on my right forearm, and left and right obliques. I see its somewhat spreading to my stomach. Though, it calms down over night. Then several days later crop up again. My primary saw them and said they were heat rashes, which I do acknowledge occur when its hot, though they began to happen ever since I stopped the medication.  I read a post you did in a fellow member named Rita that its only temporary, and mentioned its receptors that got messed up during taking the medication. How long did you suffer from these rashes until your body finally 'fixed' itself. 

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, manny03 said:

My primary saw them and said they were heat rashes, which I do acknowledge occur when its hot, though they began to happen ever since I stopped the medication.  I read a post you did in a fellow member named Rita that its only temporary, and mentioned its receptors that got messed up during taking the medication. How long did you suffer from these rashes until your body finally 'fixed' itself. 

Yes, my rashes were also heat rashes and also started when I came off these drugs. They didn't start until I came off the last drug, Seroquel. I had them severely for two summers after I stopped the drugs. This past summer was the first summer I didn't have them, so it's definitely temporary. I was out in 90 degree F heat this past summer and didn't have any problems. 

I used baking soda paste (mixed baking soda with water) and ice packs until they went away. I briefly tried a hydrocortizone cream, but it didn't help and it may have made my insomnia worse, but the rashes were bad enough that I took the risk of using a cream with a steroid in it. I found the ice packs and baking soda paste to be the most helpful and didn't have any side effects. I made up extra ice packs and left them in the freezer so I had them immediately when I came inside. 

Try to avoid the heat as much as possible.  

2 hours ago, Shep said:

Yes, my rashes were also heat rashes and also started when I came off these drugs. They didn't start until I came off the last drug, Seroquel. I had them severely for two summers after I stopped the drugs. This past summer was the first summer I didn't have them, so it's definitely temporary. I was out in 90 degree F heat this past summer and didn't have any problems. 

I used baking soda paste (mixed baking soda with water) and ice packs until they went away. I briefly tried a hydrocortizone cream, but it didn't help and it may have made my insomnia worse, but the rashes were bad enough that I took the risk of using a cream with a steroid in it. I found the ice packs and baking soda paste to be the most helpful and didn't have any side effects. I made up extra ice packs and left them in the freezer so I had them immediately when I came inside. 

Try to avoid the heat as much as possible.

I live in Southern California which is always warm or hot. So, it's going to be a while until I get rid of them. Though, I'll use this tip to help me out. 

Update

I see some improvement, though not much. My constipation has dissipated, and I'm able to have normal bowel movements. Though, the indigestion is still there, though not as intense. I burp some times in the mornings. I still have that anxiety/I need to move around/off balance sensation though it goes away after I eat. This usually occurs in the morning or after working out. Rashes are still there, though not as bad. The off balance episodes do happen most days, though there not constant as before. Which in my book is an improvement. The headaches come in once in a blue moon. I still have skin breakouts - pimples, red spots that come and go. In all, the waves have been losing their intensity, though my anxious mind tells me its not withdrawals, it some crazy disease. Though, if it was, the symptoms would be getting worse, not better. 

Update

@manymoretodays @ChessieCat @Gridley

Well I was given a job offer which should get me happy. Though, instead threw my symptoms into a whirlwind. After the interview, I had slight stomach aches on the middle upper right side of my abdomen. and sloshing sensation on the back of my head. I was watching a show and just sleep four hours. 

Woke up yesterday fine, and my mom gave me for breakfast some hot chocolate and bread with sour cream. 

That brought up my stomach cramps and burning again. 

Symptoms

Excessive Burping

Burning sensation

Back ache/pain in the middle of it

Pressure on the sides of my torso. 

Now, I'm worried that I might have an ulcer or something worse. Though, I checked my bowel movements for any blood colored movements since it would show up there if there were any bleeding from my stomach due to ulcers. Though, nothing. Regular colored movements. My half sister actually had ulcers and my mom told me her pains were far worse than mine, so in her mind, nope this is not it. It's either my anxiety playing games with me since before eating breakfast, I told my mom, I'm going to get sick from this, and it happened. or like some this website have mentioned its just the protracted withdrawals. 

I've been drinking a tumeric shake that's helps calm down nerve inflammation etc, and every time it has helped it calm down my GI issues. 

These were first symptoms along with lightheaded, chest pains, and lack of social interaction that lead to my anxiety disorder diagnosis. I was given some antiacids or something in 2013, and these GI symptoms went away for four years until June of last year when my antidepressant slowly began to poop on me when these symptoms along with many other anxiety symptoms began to come back which lead to my shingles outbreak in June due to excessive stress.

Though, the comforting thing is that every GI episode that I've had ever since I stopped taking my antidepressant, it has become less intense. Just like my other symptoms that I've noted on my signature. I'm crossing my fingers this was just another 'wave' and its just my brain and guts trying to rewire themselves and this is just effect from it. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Stomach and gut issues are common withdrawal symptoms.

PDF Monthly List of Dr Glenmullen's Symptoms to Print 

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Update

After November 11,  I had a nice week long window period. I thought, I was done with these withdrawal symptoms, though come late Thursday night to Sunday some symptoms came back. 

Symptoms

Anxiety/chest palpitations

Constipation

Burping

Slight Headaches

Agitated on staying on one place and needing to move

Slight off balance. 

Slight chills/off temperature/or notice temperature changes

Though, like mentioned before, the symptoms are less intense than before. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Well the symptoms have slowly being reducing. So, the remaining lingering symptoms that I have are the following 

Indigestion/Heartburn

Slight Nausea

Slight off balance

Headache once in a blue moon. 

Slight chest pain/anxiety issues

Slight Eye disturbances

Rashes have resolved themselves. 

Constipation has resolved itself. 

Though, I've noticed my skin is sensitive since I'm still breaking out with pimples, odd red spots, or easily bruise and or scratch. 

So, I'm scared to say though, I'm 80% back which is a great thing. Hope soon I'm able to be moved to the success section of this forum. 

Nice 1 pal. Keep it up.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

9 hours ago, manny03 said:

Update

Well the symptoms have slowly being reducing. So, the remaining lingering symptoms that I have are the following 

Indigestion/Heartburn

Slight Nausea

Slight off balance

Headache once in a blue moon. 

Slight chest pain/anxiety issues

Slight Eye disturbances

Rashes have resolved themselves. 

Constipation has resolved itself. 

Though, I've noticed my skin is sensitive since I'm still breaking out with pimples, odd red spots, or easily bruise and or scratch. 

So, I'm scared to say though, I'm 80% back which is a great thing. Hope soon I'm able to be moved to the success section of this forum. 

Great news!!! Keep going Manny!

I don't know why the posted stuff below is showing up again? Sorry..

Stay strong! 

Cari

On 10/29/2018 at 8:02 PM, Cari said:

I looked up vagal calming and found this great article. Definitely could be helpful!

https://thelivingproofinstitute.com/19-ways-to-stimulate-your-vagus-nerve/

Great video explaining 4-7-8 breathing and this Dr has many more great videos for anxiety also.

2 minutes ago, Cari said:

Great news!!! Keep going Manny!

I don't know why the posted stuff below is showing up again? Sorry..

Stay strong! 

Cari

Perhaps its just gremlins. 

I hope you're doing better Cari. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Just went through the Flu and good lord that was hell. Good thing I'm coming out of it. 

Withdrawal symptoms wise, well most of the symptoms have subsided besides:

-Rashes that made a come back

-New Symptom Testicular ache, which three days later went away. (Used to have this symptom before taking Trintellix - ultrasounds were done and nothing was found in the end - chalked to anxiety)

-Indigestion has lingered - off ache and shooting/stabbing pains around my sternum or my upper right abdomen quadrant - though when I press to reproduce the pain, nothing. (had these symptoms before taking Trintellix, tests were done - (pancreatic, liver blood work) nothing - anxiety again. They went away, though it seems my stomach/guts not sensing serotonin is all messed up), excess gas and burping Or its just my anxiety is flaring up again since for a moment I caught myself relaxing and I attempting to force burp myself. Which was odd. Perhaps its a mix of the two.  

Like I posted earlier, it seems three weeks after my final dose in July, all the symptoms I've mentioned in my signature occurred. As person who suffers from Health Anxiety I think now that I have stomach, pancreatic or liver cancer. Though, few months back I thought I had brain cancer, lymphoma, lukemia due to the other symptoms I was having. I just hope this goes away soon since its scary. Though, to be frank I'd still hold that 80% recovery. 

Update

I should had realized that I've been having longer and longer windows though now looking back, it seems with the flu, I had another wave hit me. 

Symptoms

Indigestion -Burping, gas, slight nausea, odd sensation on my upper abdomen/chest when eating or when I get overtly anxious

nervous legs

trembling/clenching teeth

Can't stand still/Akathesia. 

Muscle weakness on both of my arms and legs -Just how I felt in late July to early September. 

Feeling like I could eat an entire cow. 

Slight headache on the back of my head. 

Boy I hate this. Though, my saving grace that these symptoms are not as intense as before. So, I do have to acknowledge that I'm going through the waves and windows, and the waves themselves have grown weaker. 

Update

@ChessieCat

I have to vent. 

On Nov 26, I began to work at a mail sorting facility as a temp worker. I was going there to scan and put stamps on boxes. I was feeling well. Though, I get there and get the unpleasant surprise were they switched my position and now I'm opening boxes and shoving packages down the rail. I was disappointed. Furious, mad. Though, I did the job. I was feeling better, though going through a rush like this began to quickly drain since I was rushed back and forth the factory. Felt somewhat dizzy since I was thirsty and needing something to eat. Though, I kept going. Bad thing, they didn't have clue on what they were doing since didn't give us a lunch break and dismissed us for the day. I bowed never to return. 

For four days  my body was truly achy and tired. Though, I was ok.

As Thursday to Friday came in, seems my unconscious was having one royal meltdown since I was planing to use the money from this temp place to fly overseas to Asia and save money for camera equipment since I'm an aspiring filmmaker, though now not working, the stress began to bring about a hellish wave.

I began to think oh boy, I'm going to have heartburn since its getting really cold, and then I burped up a storm and have excess gas.  

I began to have testicular aches...same type that I had in 2014. Had ultrasounds and blood work done. Everything came clear. 

The aches lasted for four days and that went away. Then, I got sick with the flu. 

On Thursday 6, the following symptoms ramped up

Excess burping continued. 

Sharp pains around my upper right abdominal corner. It shifts next to were my esophagus is, or shifts to the right, or later to my oblique area. I press the areas to reproduce the symptoms... nothing. (Had similar symptoms in 2014 - all clear)

Nausea like sensation, then later feel like I could eat an entire cow lol!

Felt agitated, restless legs, anxious, can't stand still.  

Now, when I drink cold water I feel it in the pit of my stomach, or odd aches and or sensations when I eat at first, then nothing as I continue to eat. (Seems I'm hypersensitive to every sensation on my body)

@manymoretodays you mention GI symptoms are not uncommon due to how much serotonin there is in the GI area, and I'm looking at Dr. Glenmullen's chart. and I have almost the symptoms he describes: Abdominal cramps/pains, stomach bloating/excess burping/gas, nausea, but thank god I haven't thrown up. 

When my med began to poop on me in June 2017, it began with GI symptoms - Heartburn, bloating, sharp pain like now, then that would go away to constipation, then shift to chest pains, or shaking, agitation etc. 

My mind is making me think that I have ALS, MS, liver, pancreatic, or stomach cancer. Though, I had blood work done in July after my shingles outbreak due to excessive stress, and everything came clear. 

Now being Monday, Dec 10. They symptoms are there, though not as intense. The good thing, I can't reproduce the areas of pain when I press the areas with my hand, or the G.I. symptoms don't wake me up, which makes me suspect this is my anxiety.

Now I've fallen into depression. Haven't showered for three days, not shaved for eight days. Not change of clothes. 

Feel fatigued and saddened. Weepy. 

Obsessing that I have bruises on the palms of right hand, were there's none. 

I'm like @Leo1983 I want these symptoms gone.

It seems the daily stressors got the better of me, and triggered this horrible wave. I just hope with time, these symptoms go away.

Update

I'm mostly at the same place as a few days back.

I've showered and shaved. Cleaned some of my clothes. 

Though, still find myself crying. Feeling low. Somewhat off balanced. 

Though, the constant sharp abdominal pains have calm down, they occur once in a blue moon. though the nausea has picked up. 

I'm hoping this begins to fade soon. 

I'm seeing my therapist. Let's see if he doesn't scare the crap out of me since he doesn't believe I'm still in withdrawals. 

Funny this....

I had flu and i have had the exact same issues. Crying, really low and anxious. 

Strange......