SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

manny03

27 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Your guna get there soon mate. 

Keep it up.

I hope so. Same to you, Leo. :) 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

Ive never been so healthy and so unwell at the same time lol.

Stop meds

Stop alcohol

Stop smoking

Sleep well

Eat well.

Equals all sorts of symptoms. Lol

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

4 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Ive never been so healthy and so unwell at the same time lol.

Stop meds

Stop alcohol

Stop smoking

Sleep well

Eat well.

Equals all sorts of symptoms. Lol

Seems were stuck in some weird limbo since I feel I'm almost back though these lingering symptoms 'won't go away. Oh well. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

Update

Well it seems I've developed rosacea like redness and slight burning on my right cheek and around the top of my nose were it connects with my forehead, if not its flaky.  I've read some of the other threads that this occurs on some cases. I just hope it goes away. Its enough with my GI, Anxiety, and tremor symptoms to be dealing with this.  though, it could also be stress rash. 

Now, my health anxiety is kicking in thinking its shingles or some crazy infection. 

Update

Well the 'rosacea' like symptoms have waned down. 

Though, sadly ever since I C/T I've become prone to easy bruising. Last Thursday I was having certain shooting pain on a certain area of my abdomen. I would constantly poke at it, then I helped someone pushed their problematic car since it ran out gas, then I picked up a three gallon water bottle. I woke up Friday morning with a bruise in area were I described. 

At first, I freaked out thinking I have some terrible disease then I remember the through check up I had mid December, so I just chalk it to withdrawal. Plus, my mom had to help remember that since if something was off, it would had been discovered back then. 

Hi manny03 I was reading on leos thread what you said about "off loading on your mother".

I was the same ,I had a very close bond with my mam but its impossible for them to get there head around this process ,they have there own opinion's and follow what they were raised with.

I never talk about it anymore and my relationship is  better for it because we unconsciously impose on them to find the solution maybe ,we are freaking out rightly so  .keep learning for yourself and this will empower you ,trust me ,of course its scary but use your thread or a diary to vent.

Keep the relationship open for better things.

🙏👍 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

2 hours ago, powerback said:

Hi manny03 I was reading on leos thread what you said about "off loading on your mother".

I was the same ,I had a very close bond with my mam but its impossible for them to get there head around this process ,they have there own opinion's and follow what they were raised with.

I never talk about it anymore and my relationship is  better for it because we unconsciously impose on them to find the solution maybe ,we are freaking out rightly so  .keep learning for yourself and this will empower you ,trust me ,of course its scary but use your thread or a diary to vent.

Keep the relationship open for better things.

🙏👍 

I do my best now so I don't worry her. Though, the symptoms are scary. At the moment, I still have my GI issues or weird skin problems like breakouts, odd red spots, or easing bruising which didn't occur before or when I was on the antidepressant. At the moment, I'm somewhat better, and keep to myself since my ma 

would always tell me to go to church and pray. I know those things won't help. Only time will help my nervous system heal itself from the shock I put it through.

BTW thanks for coming to my thread! It gets lonely sometimes, and I begin to think if I'm being ignored. 

Manny i think this is due to you been in a community of sick people. 

Dont think its personal.... im the same if that helps.

And in life there are always clicks.... but i dont think thats the case here mate..

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

1 minute ago, Leo1983 said:

Manny i think this is due to you been in a community of sick people. 

Dont think its personal.... im the same if that helps.

And in life there are always clicks.... but i dont think thats the case here mate..

:)

• Moderator Emeritus

SA encourages members to visit other members' intro topics and support each other.  The mods are focused on responding to questions and providing information.  Remember when posting in another member's intro topic that it is about them.  If they want to know more about your journey they can visit your Introducton topic.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

28 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Remember when posting in another member's intro topic that it is about them.  If they want to know more about your journey they can visit your Introducton topic.

Chessie,

I don't want to come off as rude, at the moment I'm having a rough time with my family and nerves racked due to my withdrawals. Though reading this, it seems your implying that I'm derailing someone else's thread when you mention, 'Remember when posting in another member's intro topic that it is about them'.

I'm barely post on other threads to empathize with them. Most of the time I'm just posting on my thread like a daily journal posting my symptoms and my venting during the process. 

If my assumptions are wrong, please forgive me. 

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, manny03 said:

It gets lonely sometimes, and I begin to think if I'm being ignored. 

No, that's not what I meant.  I am encouraging you to visit other members' Intro topics and support them and they can then come to your topic and support you.  I can see that you have not made very many posts to other members on the site.  We have some groups of members, what Leo called cliques, who visit each other to see how they are going and support and encourage them.

My reason for mentioning that a member's intro is about them is that if their topic gets cluttered up with a visiting member's posts about themselves, the mods can easily miss posts that the topic owner makes needing assistance.  Also we have medical professionals visiting SA and a member's intro topic is a case study:

On 5/15/2011 at 5:22 AM, Altostrata said:

With our documentation of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, we hope to educate the medical establishment about this problem. Case studies are essential; they are evidence understood by doctors, the psychiatric industry, and government regulatory agencies.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

7 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

No, that's not what I meant.  I am encouraging you to visit other members' Intro topics and support them and they can then come to your topic and support you.  I can see that you have not made very many posts to other members on the site.  We have some groups of members, what Leo called cliques, who visit each other to see how they are going and support and encourage them.

My reason for mentioning that a member's intro is about them is that if their topic gets cluttered up with a visiting member's posts about themselves, the mods can easily miss posts that the topic owner makes needing assistance.  Also we have medical professionals visiting SA and a member's intro topic is a case study:

Thanks for clarifying this.  My head has not being there with these symptoms that I mis-read something and I quickly jump and assume the worse.  

• Moderator Emeritus

It's very easy to do, especially via the written word, and being in WD definitely doesn't help.  😊

1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

It's very easy to do, especially via the written word, and being in WD definitely doesn't help.  😊

Exactly. :D

Update

I can report the tremors have subsided, though have an odd sensation were my shoulders and head get stuck, just how it would occur before I had an tremor episode. 

I have my moments were I feel fine, then feel like I'm about to get weak, though it doesn't occur. 

'Withdrawal depression' is still in effect since sounds shameful to say, though I'm only showering one day a week. 

I have moments that I get aggressive though not like before when I was in the medication. 

Sadly, I'm still having acne/red spot break outs. 

In addition, it seems I still easily bruise which never occurred before my withdrawals. 

G.I symptoms are still there, though not as intense as before. Like I've mentioned several times in this thread, it seems my stomach muscle forgot how to work since I would either feel like I'm about to get a heartburn episode in the pit of my stomach, I take tums and it goes away. Or when I eat I feel an ache sensation on one spot in the middle right of my abdomen, then after almost finishing my meal, I felt I was getting full, then I passed gas, and that sensation went away and finished my meal. Last night, during dinner I almost had no aches or sensations which is a plus.  

I'm seven months out of cold turkying my medication. I do see improvement, though the symptoms shift or are lingering longer than they should. 

Update

Tremors have calmed down though, the off feeling - lethargy has made a come back. 

G.I. symptoms have somewhat calmed down which is a plus, though its still there. 

Still having skin issues. 

Withdrawal depression still hitting me. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Manny,

It seems you are still experiencing a lot of changing and morphing of symptoms. Sometimes it feels like when one symptom ends, another picks up. Having read many recovery stories here, this seems to be common. 

Have you managed to find any non-drug techniques that help you cope with symptoms? 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

32 minutes ago, eymen23 said:

Manny,

It seems you are still experiencing a lot of changing and morphing of symptoms. Sometimes it feels like when one symptom ends, another picks up. Having read many recovery stories here, this seems to be common. 

Have you managed to find any non-drug techniques that help you cope with symptoms? 

What's helped doing a light workout and long walks to calm me down. In addition, drinking chamomile teas to calm my nervous system down through this process. 

With the symptoms, most of the symptoms that I had at the beginning have calmed down, though like you mention they do change and morph. 

Update

My GI Symptoms are somewhat there, but not as intense as before. 

Though, the last few days the headaches that I had when I started my withdrawal came back. Though at the moment, have gone away.. 

The off sensation of lethargy has comes in and goes away.  

Still lack the motivation even to shower. To look for work. Watch movies. Talk to people. At least, I was able to shave for the first time in almost a month. 

I went to my psychologist and described to him my symptoms. Seems after reading the studies were it mentioned that withdrawals takes a whole longer to go away, he diagnosed me with having Anhedonia. I mentioned to him I never experienced this, and know the difference between depression and what's happening at the moment. He assured me this what's happening, and mentored me to do my best and push myself through this like going out even when I don't feel like it, do light exercise, and meditate. 

• Moderator Emeritus

22 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Began to read the threads, and my gosh. They're describing my symptoms. Seems the Anhedonia began to occur slowly in late December. The last month is when it finally it fully developed. 

Update

Well its being one hell of a ride these last few days. 

The last two days, I was gaining six hours of continuous sleep that I didn't have ever since I was in University in 2011-2012 which is great. 

Though, my G.I. symptoms began to flare up with the headaches, off balance sensation, weird red spots, and odd U.I. like symptoms which I had at the beginning of my withdrawal. 

Today, I was feeling off though I was able to do steep hike since I live near the mountains. My Withdrawals symptoms had gone away. Though, when I got back, my symptoms came back and got worse when I found out that my mother lost her job. She was helping me financially since I began my withdrawals. So, now its only my pa with a job. With me, I don't know how I'm going to get a job when these withdrawal symptoms continue to bug the hell out of me.  I fear my father who has cardiovascular issues might get sick and something bad happens to him leaving me and my mom of 62 homeless since were both jobless. 

Moments like this I want to shove the entire bottle of Trintellix down my ex Psych's throat and make him feel what I'm going through. 

• Administrator

H, manny, can you get a part-time job? Maybe something not too demanding, like packing boxes or something?

Does your gut discomfort happen at any particular time? What kinds of foods set it off? You might want to keep a food diary or go on an exclusion diet, see

Elimination or exclusion diets for reactions to food (food intolerance)

Histamine intolerance

One can get skin rashes from histamine intolerance, too.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

48 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

H, manny, can you get a part-time job? Maybe something not too demanding, like packing boxes or something?

Does your gut discomfort happen at any particular time? What kinds of foods set it off? You might want to keep a food diary or go on an exclusion diet, see

Elimination or exclusion diets for reactions to food (food intolerance)

Histamine intolerance

One can get skin rashes from histamine intolerance, too.

Hey Alto. 

I have noticed ever since I C/T my med that I've had these weird breakouts. 

With my gut...with the symptoms that I'm having began to occur around late November after horrible experience at a place I tried to work for a day.

Ever since it's being hellish. I notice dairy sets it off. I've cut yogurts, pears, apples, anything really cold. Though, the symptoms still occur, though with less intensity or they stop like nothing is there which frustrates me. I've been drinking chamomile teas that have greatly helped to calm them down to how they were in last November/December. I was also diagnosed with IBS in 2015. Though, I know the difference between IBS and what's occurring at the moment. Since when I eat, I feel odd sensations on the sides (obliques) of my abdomen, like I feel how my food goes around my GI track, then after a while it goes away. Though, I know my esophagus and stomach are not next to my obliques lol! Like I mentioned, this began to happen after I finished taking the medication. At first, I had this ache, weird tension sensation when I ate on my throat from late June to mid August. Then, it stopped until it started again on my abdomen in late November.  I had blood work, ultrasounds and breath tests done and nothing was found. These symptoms also occur when I'm nervous or I'm under constant pressure since at night, I'm able to sleep calmly without any problem, though after I wake up, is when it starts. I went to my primary in December, I described my symptoms and told her I was scared that I had some cancer, and she told me the symptoms that I present don't match those of cancer, its more likely its my anxiety causing them. She ordered the breath tests just to make sure I didn't have anything. Though, in my mind, I know its the withdrawals since I wasn't having any issues with my gut until I cut the medication. 

With the job, that's what I'm going to attempt to do. 

Hi.

Working in wd is no easy ride. I have had to work since it started 9 months ago. Its heartbreaking some days. But you can do it. Im just up now for a 13hr day, my gearts pumping and my brain is saying dont go danger danger.

But i have learnt to just shower, car and go. It passess.  Thats 9 month i have had of that. 

Give it a try, do what you can and dont beat yourself up. At least you try! 

Hope you feel better soon..... 

Ps - i could force feed my doctors each of my drugs also. 

9 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi.

Working in wd is no easy ride. I have had to work since it started 9 months ago. Its heartbreaking some days. But you can do it. Im just up now for a 13hr day, my gearts pumping and my brain is saying dont go danger danger.

But i have learnt to just shower, car and go. It passess.  Thats 9 month i have had of that. 

Give it a try, do what you can and dont beat yourself up. At least you try! 

Hope you feel better soon..... 

Ps - i could force feed my doctors each of my drugs also. 

I'm scared that either my G.I. symptoms flare up or that goes away, and the lightheaded/off balance sensation comes back, and something happens. 

Though, seems I have no choice. 

P.S. yup! I guess about a bottle's full of meds, they'll think again about giving out meds like candy. 

@Altostrata I also forgot to add that I've been having moments the last three days of my vision getting blurred or last night that I had head tremors with my G.I. symptoms. That's why I know all these symptoms together are coming from the withdrawal. 

The onset with the tremors began in the same time with the G.I. symptoms (Late November)

• Administrator

IBS is a very general diagnosis. I would try an exclusion diet, see what foods cause a reaction, and stay away from them. You found dairy, that's often a culprit, could be another type of food is also a problem.

Calming your gut may help your other symptoms. It's all connected.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

IBS is a very general diagnosis. I would try an exclusion diet, see what foods cause a reaction, and stay away from them. You found dairy, that's often a culprit, could be another type of food is also a problem.

Calming your gut may help your other symptoms. It's all connected.

I've done my best to cut everything and it still occurs. That's why I feel lost. The only thing I grab hold to that these symptoms began to occur in my withdrawal. Plus with the ultrasound and breath tests they've done I have the all clear. I don't want to go through endoscopy or colonoscopy knowing that these symptoms are just my withdrawal. Though that health anxiety part is telling me I have some horrible disease. 

• Administrator

Some of our people with withdrawal syndrome have developed histamine food intolerance. This could be a hypersensitivity reaction or from leaky gut. This will not show up on any tests or in an endoscopy. Please read the links I gave you.

17 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Some of our people with withdrawal syndrome have developed histamine food intolerance. This could be a hypersensitivity reaction or from leaky gut. This will not show up on any tests or in an endoscopy. Please read the links I gave you.

You're right regarding the hypersensitivity. Before my withdrawal I could do eat yougurt, milk, cheeses, salads, pears, apples and cold drinks/foods. Though, now I'm gut is hypersensitive. I'll read the thread. 

Manny sorry to hear you're having so many GI problems and switching symptoms. I've been going through the same thing myself since January alternating head symptoms and GI symptoms with anxiety.

I do want to tip you off to DGL licorice manuka honey boil rice and drink the water these seem to help me quite a bit.

Russ

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

I forgot to mention I have health anxiety myself and always kind of have in a milder form. The only way I was able to get past this was to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy. It's not that big of a procedure. If you do have it it'll give you peace of mind for years to come then you will know you don't have any type of cancer in your stomach or colon.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

I'm freaking out since I passed a stool, and found blood on my toilet paper. It wasn't deep red, it was more pinkish. Though, I do feel that my anus irritated due to constant pooping since I wasn't able to sleep last night.  

I have previously suffered from anal fissures and hemorrhoids. Sadly, this is isn't helping at all. 

I was doing a walk, and felt aches on my abdomen, though as soon I began to breath normally, the aches went away. 

@RusTW I read your thread and it seems were in the same journey. Though, with what just happened. I'm scared. Though, a few days back I did feel like a cut on my bum. 

I'll see what happens.  

Well, I went to the restroom again, no blood on my movement though I did feel a seering hot sensation which correlates to anal fissure. Sorry for the TMI from the early post. I've let my HA and withdrawals take over me, and over blew this.