☼ manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

manny03

Im glad you are starting to figure it out it sounds like you are finally accepting and that really helps when going through withdrawal i think our attitude towards witbdrawal really does make a big difference i am beginning to understand it and its quite a revelation im so glad some of your symptons are settling 

Jan 2016 SertralineJuly 2016 stopped

Feb 2017 sertraline 50mg

Aug 2017 Sertraline 150mg

Sep 2017 Sertraline 100mg

Nov 2017 Sertraline 50mg 

Feb 2018 Sertraline 25mg

March 2018 Sertraline 12.5 mg 

Jan 2019 to May 2019 Miirtazepine 7.5mg

May 2019 for 3 weeks Citalopram 20mg 

August 2019 Sertraline 100mg

June 2021 off Setraline last dose 6mg

1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

Im glad you are starting to figure it out it sounds like you are finally accepting and that really helps when going through withdrawal i think our attitude towards witbdrawal really does make a big difference i am beginning to understand it and its quite a revelation im so glad some of your symptons are settling 

I agree though the symptoms are scary. Since in my case most of my symptoms occur at night or early morning. As soon as I eat breakfast, like nothing is happening, just some random odd symptom. 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

Yes they are very scary most of my symptons are usually in morning upon waking ....when you eat your digestive system kicks in amd has to process the food where you are highly sensitized the process is probably triggering something in normal circumstances you wouldnt know but because everything is out if wack one process effects another all our systems are linked its like rhe phrase for every action there is a reaction once your system settles it will get better but at the moment is natural im the circumstances

Jan 2016 SertralineJuly 2016 stopped

Feb 2017 sertraline 50mg

Aug 2017 Sertraline 150mg

Sep 2017 Sertraline 100mg

Nov 2017 Sertraline 50mg 

Feb 2018 Sertraline 25mg

March 2018 Sertraline 12.5 mg 

Jan 2019 to May 2019 Miirtazepine 7.5mg

May 2019 for 3 weeks Citalopram 20mg 

August 2019 Sertraline 100mg

June 2021 off Setraline last dose 6mg

Update

Most of my GI symptoms occur during the morning or when I get anxious. 

Slight headaches and off balance have made a return. 

Have a slight ache on my left ear. 

Sadly, I'm back at it again. Though, that long window before the flu occurred was nice. So, I'm hoping I get another window soon. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi manny, 

Sorry you can’t change therapists due to insurance. It would be nice to have one that actually understands withdrawals though. Not many do though, they tend to believe that it’s just anxiety and depression that people are going through when it’s the withdrawals that are causing it. 

Yes, this windows and waves pattern we go through is quite something, isn’t it? Just remember though that when you are in a wave again that you have had some windows. It will help you see that you are healing. I know you feel like crying a lot, this really is a sad and scary journey, but you are healing. 

Do you have any distractions? I think distractions are important when withdrawals are bad. Find some things to take your mind off the withdrawals. I do art and crafts, watch DVDs and Netflix, go out in nature, go to concerts, listen to music etc etc etc. Sometimes I’m so anhedonic I can’t enjoy anything, but I do it anyway. Are there things you like to do?

You mentioned feeling electric feelings in you body. When I tapered too fast once in the past I felt like I had my finger in an electric socket. It was awful, I couldn’t settle. It felt like my insides were being fried. The same thing happened when the doctors cold turkeyed me. I will always taper slow now. This site has been amazing! 

Take care manny, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

11 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Hi manny, 

Sorry you can’t change therapists due to insurance. It would be nice to have one that actually understands withdrawals though. Not many do though, they tend to believe that it’s just anxiety and depression that people are going through when it’s the withdrawals that are causing it. 

Yes, this windows and waves pattern we go through is quite something, isn’t it? Just remember though that when you are in a wave again that you have had some windows. It will help you see that you are healing. I know you feel like crying a lot, this really is a sad and scary journey, but you are healing. 

Do you have any distractions? I think distractions are important when withdrawals are bad. Find some things to take your mind off the withdrawals. I do art and crafts, watch DVDs and Netflix, go out in nature, go to concerts, listen to music etc etc etc. Sometimes I’m so anhedonic I can’t enjoy anything, but I do it anyway. Are there things you like to do?

You mentioned feeling electric feelings in you body. When I tapered too fast once in the past I felt like I had my finger in an electric socket. It was awful, I couldn’t settle. It felt like my insides were being fried. The same thing happened when the doctors cold turkeyed me. I will always taper slow now. This site has been amazing! 

Take care manny, sending hugs🤗

Receiving those hugs. :)

That's the hope I hold myself to. 

This therapist discounted my own half brother's experience that it took him a year for him to get off the drugs. I just rolled my eyes. 

Before falling ill with the flu, I was working out and running, though not like before the withdrawals. Though, as soon as the flu hit me, its seems all the months of progress were thrown to the side. 

Sometimes the symptoms are that bad that I can't distract myself. Though, as the wave begins to wane, I'm able to get some semblance of control, and go back to my walking, looking at photographs, watching YouTube videos, or listen to music. Seems I must force myself to focus on one thing when the waves become intense, so the withdrawals are bearable at least. 

The first time I felt the electricity rush, it was both of my arms in June when I C/T for one week. I felt like I was Storm from the X-Men which was cool though terrifying in the same time. 

Then, felt that same sensation in my head at the end of July when I finally stopped taking the medication.  It jolted me awake at 2am...which is the same time that these abdominal symptoms are occurring. 

Now, I feel the same electricity feeling in my upper abdominal area during the mornings which scare the crap out of me. Then, its joined either by an ache or pain. It goes away after a bowel movement or I pass gas. 

Update

I was able to have full night's sleep. Though, as soon as I woke up my symptoms began to slowly creep up. 

Slight chest palpitation.

Slight crying spell. 

Slight nausea 

Slight aches and pressure on the right side of my stomach. 

Or when I eat - seems the muscles around my abdomen are out of whack with my brain since I felt a weird tug in my abdomen and in my head at the same moment. Perhaps I caught my brain and gut rewiring itself. 

Burping. 

Head pressure on the back of my head. 

That virus messed us up mate.

I have been poorly since that virus. Im 7 months out. Its a joke. 

Can see me looking gor some help soon on the ground. Its a joke going on daily like this.

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

Im thinking long half life stuff. If thats what i decide. 

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

4 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

That virus messed us up mate.

I have been poorly since that virus. Im 7 months out. Its a joke. 

Can see me looking gor some help soon on the ground. Its a joke going on daily like this.

Same here. Five months. I thought I was done with this. Though as soon as the Flu hit me, seems all the progress I had done was thrown to the side. Yesterday, my GI symptoms had calmed down though I was having weird ear pressures on both of my ears, then my head feeling bloated which was weird. I rather keeping going like this than taking pills since they truly messed me up. 

Update

Five months out of Trintellix.

Seems my thread will become a daily diary for me to vent. 

I noticed that my symptoms have somewhat calmed down, though they're still there. Seems that my G.I. muscles and brain are hyper sensitive since I feel every sensation when I eat which freaks me out.  For example, yesterday I was thinking that I had heartburn, though didn't have the classic symptoms, it was as if my brain intentionally make me focus on my stomach. Plus, noticed I've become constipated. 

Then, I've becomes too agitated which does not help. 

Also, I'm not able to properly sleep since I wake up, feel odd sensation/ache on my stomach, then I feel its bloated, then I go and after a bowel movement I'm able to go sleep. I wake up later, no issues or problem, like nothing was wrong.  throughout the day, I have weird symptoms that make me realize oh ok, I'm going to have bowel movement. 

I know some will say oh you had a condition before, I'm like I was diagnosed with Anxiety induced IBS, but didn't cause these symptoms that I'm having now. I know this is full on withdrawal symptom since it suddenly stops and switches to headaches or agitation/anger. I'm just hoping the medication didn't permanently damaged me.

I have certain rage towards the psychiatrist who didn't have a clue on what to do with me than just throwing pills at me or telling me my withdrawals were due to antiviral pills. 

The only solace that I hold is that I had blood work, and ultrasounds which found nothing wrong. 

Hi.

Hope your ok mate.

Sucks dont it!

Your symptoms appear mainly physical? 

Is your mental symptoms ok?

Hope next xmas is happier

11 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi.

Hope your ok mate.

Sucks dont it!

Your symptoms appear mainly physical? 

Is your mental symptoms ok?

Hope next xmas is happier

In my case, I pent up all my sadness and rage that sadly let up to me having my mental breakdown in 2014. 

I rarely expressed myself hence my body took over to release whatever I was feeling ...through weird aches and pains. 

With the Withdrawals....

At the moment, both mental and physical symptoms are hitting me left and right.

Besides the G.I. symptoms,   Yesterday, I was went to the store, and had felt off balance and light headed when I wanted to talk to someone, then suddenly a fit of rage would come, and it took a lot of me to stop myself from pushing people to the side. 

Earlier, I would be depressed, with crying spells. 

At the moment, I haven't changed clothes for three days, and shaved for a week. 

I'm hoping that I get better next year since this is no way to live by. 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, manny03 said:

Yesterday, I was went to the store, and had felt off balance and light headed when I wanted to talk to someone, then suddenly a fit of rage would come, and it took a lot of me to stop myself from pushing people to the side. 

This may be anxiety.  And the sudden fit of rage feeling is the fight/flight response.

Check out the diagram in this item on anxiety and how it affects the different areas of the body. 

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/AnxietySelfHelp.pdf

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Update

My symptoms have swapped hours. 

I might had a symptom or two during the day (off balance, weird aches and pains) though besides that, like nothing is wrong. 

At night is when they mostly occur now. 

Symptoms 

Sudden feeling to use the restroom but get constipated. (Evening),

During time time I try to sleep

Jolt awake every two hours with a bloated feeling in the pit of my stomach, but then gets improved when I pass bowel movement. 

Burping

Knot sensation in my throat. 

Then, have bloated feeling moves to the left or right obliques that improves once i have a bowel movement. 

So, I guess it's an improvement since its not as intense as it was two weeks ago, though I need my sleep.

Just came across a study that @Altostrata posted a month ago regarding the U.S. and U.K. needing to update their AD withdrawal protocols after the discovery of many suffering withdrawals for many months to years. Even though, I'm going through hell at the moment, reading that study at least brings some peace to know I'm not going mental or I'm suffering from some physical ailment. It's just Withdrawal.  though, it frustrates me that my primary and psychologist think it only last from two days to two months, and I've fallen back into depression. When, that's so far from the truth. 

I do still ponder on how people who cant see you or assess you can give a solid 100 % answer that we are not suffering depression or that we are suicidal. And that this is all 100% wd and that at some point it will just vanish. 

I get the success stories. 

It does play on my mind daily am i doing the right thing here whilst everything around me is on a tight rope. 

Is this guna end and is it all wd??? Who knows. 

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

I do still ponder on how people who cant see you or assess you can give a solid 100 % answer that we are not suffering depression or that we are suicidal. And that this is all 100% wd and that at some point it will just vanish. 

It does play on my mind daily am i doing the right thing here whilst everything around me is on a tight rope. 

If you never had such symptoms before starting the drugs, and the drugs didn’t improve how you felt (which I believe is the case for you), it’s extremely unlikely that this is your depression or anxiety returning. 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

I only got anxious at work doing particular things.

Now im like a hobbit. Im like some walking mental crisis. Im choosing to work xmas day so i dont have to sit at the dinner table. For 15 year before this you could not get me to work xmas eve never mind xmas day. I feel like shite daily. I wake up and ya think the army were at the bottom of my bed. My face looks like its been hit with a slipper during waken hours. 

So yeh im worse now than before meds. The meds killed me. I was a fool keep trying them.

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, Leo1983 said:

I only got anxious at work doing particular things.

Now im like a hobbit. Im like some walking mental crisis. Im choosing to work xmas day so i dont have to sit at the dinner table. For 15 year before this you could not get me to work xmas eve never mind xmas day. I feel like shite daily. I wake up and ya think the army were at the bottom of my bed. My face looks like its been hit with a slipper during waken hours. 

So yeh im worse now than before meds. The meds killed me. I was a fool keep trying them.

Try not to be too hard on yourself, you tried the medications in the hope they would help and no doubt you were mislead in regards to how effective they are and how hard they are to withdraw from. 

You will come out of this wiser and stronger, I’m sure. I just wanted to try and demonstrate, in many cases it’s easy to determine it’s withdrawal and not original symptoms returning, as you never had symptoms so bad before the meds. 

Sorry to hijack Manny. 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

23 minutes ago, eymen23 said:

Try not to be too hard on yourself, you tried the medications in the hope they would help and no doubt you were mislead in regards to how effective they are and how hard they are to withdraw from. 

You will come out of this wiser and stronger, I’m sure. I just wanted to try and demonstrate, in many cases it’s easy to determine it’s withdrawal and not original symptoms returning, as you never had symptoms so bad before the meds. 

Sorry to hijack Manny. 

No problems. I appreciate seeing some activity on my thread since it's being mostly me through all this time. 

Though, I'm like Leo that sometimes I doubt myself that these symptoms are just withdrawing from the medication. In my case I reached tolerance and some symptoms began to creep back and once I went into full withdrawal all of these symptoms came crashing on me. Though, like you've mentioned I have to force myself to remember I never had these symptoms before starting the medication especially the cognitive, balance, and gi symptoms. 

It's just scary and like I mentioned it irks me that my symptoms are brushed off. At least, my blood work and ultrasounds were done for my abdominal pain and everything came clear. I also did h plyori test, never heard back, if I had a bug I would of been notified. So, this is just some scary withdrawal symptoms. 

Want to wish Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. 

Update

Last night I got emailed my breath test results for H Plyori as many suspected, it came as a negative. Leaving my symptoms to be withdrawal based.

Sooner we accept that the better.

Merry xmas. 

Happy healing 2019

4 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Sooner we accept that the better.

Merry xmas. 

Happy healing 2019

Same to you, leo. 

:)

• Administrator
On 12/24/2018 at 9:42 AM, Leo1983 said:

Leo, not everything everyone is experiencing is withdrawal syndrome. In your case, you may well benefit from psychotherapy, which we cannot provide. I believe we've been very straightforward with you about this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Update

Besides the GI symptoms that constantly keep changing...now its more of IBS like symptoms though not in the area I usually have them, seems some of the flu like symptoms have come back for example body temperature sensitivity were I feel the change of temperature in a room within a second that makes me think I might be falling for the flu when I'm not. Also, the odd reddish spots on my right arm have come back. Oh well. At least with last week's blood work up coming up fine, seems its just the withdrawals doing its thing.  

Update

Seems the odd sensation when eating and heartburn like sensation have faded away, and now being replaced by abdominal cramping on the left or right flanks, colon gurgling, which are solved with passing a bowel movement or gas. Besides that, I have my crying spells, off balance, and nausea. This has been one rough wave. 

I will second that. Its been one wave and a half. 

I thought i had it in hand. Then from no were slap!

On 12/28/2018 at 9:00 AM, Leo1983 said:

I will second that. Its been one wave and a half. 

I thought i had it in hand. Then from no were slap!

I'd rather trade these GI symptoms and get the headaches. Though, I'd be freaking out that its brain cancer.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed blasphemy

I dont have the health anxiety. That must be hard in wd.

I have pissed off anxiety. Pissed off this happened anxiety. 

1 minute ago, Leo1983 said:

I'd be faring better if I didn't have Health Anxiety, though that pesky disorder just makes everything worse. 

On 11/1/2018 at 12:26 PM, manny03 said:

I live in Southern California which is always warm or hot. So, it's going to be a while until I get rid of them. Though, I'll use this tip to help me out. 

I got a really bad heat rash on my chest whilst on vacation in early Oct!

We were in Croatia which at that time of year is mid 20s degrees C at most.

The heat rash remained most of that week and vanished when we returned to cooler temps in the UK.

ALSO

Have currently got some inflammation (atopical eczema / dermatitis) on my throat and shoulder areas.

For me, eczema usually raises it's ugly head when my body is struggling to cope with stress.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

5 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

I got a really bad heat rash on my chest whilst on vacation in early Oct!

We were in Croatia which at that time of year is mid 20s degrees C at most.

The heat rash remained most of that week and vanished when we returned to cooler temps in the UK.

ALSO

Have currently got some inflammation (atopical eczema / dermatitis) on my throat and shoulder areas.

For me, eczema usually raises it's ugly head when my body is struggling to cope with stress.

I know the struggle. Right now I'd rather have rashes than these abdominal cramps. Though, they'll pass. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Leo1983 said:

Continually catastrophising and whinging about your situation does not help you or other members. 

For others reading these posts:  It's important for members to learn Non-drug techniques to cope

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Update

My gi symptoms have waned for now though I'm having flu like symptoms. Feel like I'm going to get a fever and feel aches and pains though no swollen lymph nodes and my temperature is normal. Also, I'm having restless legs. Can't believe I'm going through this.

it doesn't help that I lost my job, had the flu which rocked my CNS causing this wave, I just found out that my sister's family dog which I adored passed away. I want to cry, but can't. I feel numb. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi manny, 

I’m so sorry you’re struggling so much. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your sister’s dog too, that’s very sad. It’s heartbreaking when animals die, I can’t even watch a movie where an animal dies without bawling. I know what it’s like to be totally numb too though, like you’re feeling, anhedonia really makes you so numb. 

You said you feel like you have the flu, I woke up with a sore throat the last couple of days, but it never eventuated into anything. I was even coughing a tiny bit. It happens occasionally with me n I think I should start swallowing the coconut oil to kill it, but then it doesn’t end up being a virus. 

I have CFS, which is also a CNS illness n in the past, before I knew what was wrong with me, I always pushed myself n would get sore throats all the time. I thought it was strange that I didn’t end up with a cold. Once I found out about my illness I stopped pushing myself, and now I very rarely get swollen glands. 

The moral of the story is same with withdrawals , don’t overdo our activity or we will pay for it. 

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.