SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix / Brintellix / vortioxetine

manny03

• Administrator

It's probably hemorrhoidal bleeding, very common, nothing to worry about.

Have you tried increasing fiber in your diet? Maybe even psyllium?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

11 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It's probably hemorrhoidal bleeding, very common, nothing to worry about.

Have you tried increasing fiber in your diet? Maybe even psyllium?

My pear and apples were helping. Though after my gut got sensitive I stopped. I'm scared of trying psyllium since it made my constipation worse. Though, I'll try and find a solution. 

Yea, that's what I think it is. Since bowel cancer doesn't cause issues when eating or head tremors. Lol. 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

• Moderator Emeritus

You could try prunes and/or dried apricots if you are able to tolerate them.  I found changing my breakfast from Weetbix to raw oats helped too.  Psyllium tends to make stools "gluggy" or sticky if you use too much.  I give my cat psyllium husks and when I gave her too much her poop wouldn't break off.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

27 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

You could try prunes and/or dried apricots if you are able to tolerate them.  I found changing my breakfast from Weetbix to raw oats helped too.  Psyllium tends to make stools "gluggy" or sticky if you use too much.  I give my cat psyllium husks and when I gave her too much her poop wouldn't break off.

I'm eating prunes which help. Before my stomach got sensitive due to the withdrawals, I would be eating oats, pears, and Greek yogurt which kept my gut at Bay.

That's what happened to me with psyllium, so I stopped taking it. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

Manny- fresh PAPAYA is great to get things moving.Try it through the day and before bed.Its gentle so u won't get the runs.eat it fresh though.in morning it's good with oats.i hope it works for you.its been gold to me for digestion. 

Alto is right.sounds hemmoroidal I had the same problem. Had them removed.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

• Administrator

manny, it sounds like constipation is the key to your gut issues. Perhaps psyllium is not the right solution, but you need to figure out how to get more fiber into you. Eating a lot of leafy green vegetables could supply fiber and nutrients that might make you feel a lot better.

Dried fruit, unfortunately, is high in histamine so not good for people who have histamine intolerance.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Adding to Altos suggestions =Fresh Baby spinach and broccoli sprouts are good for the gut.the sprouts they say are anti inflammatory. Spinach good for the brain also.Try fresh avocados also good for gut and brain. 

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

• Administrator

If you're histamine intolerant, you'll have to work around histaminic foods such as spinach and avocado. But I'm sure manny gets the idea: Vegetables.

@Altostrata Used to have IBS-D, then when I had my panic attack around 2014. That's when it changed to IBS-C. 

I noticed ever since my stomach got sensitive (withdrawal), I've been having issues in eating salads, though the constipation was at hold since my movements were normal. Though, I agree. I'll continue eating vegetables.  :) 

Though, what's occurring at the moment (hypersensitive colon and passing mucus or being constipated), its more of what occurred to my mom since the symptoms were calming down, and like I mentioned before I was even gaining six hours of sleep since before the G.I. symptoms were waking me up, so I had noticed some recovery. 

@RusTW My mom always eats Papaya's. So, I'll start eating that and see if it calms my gut, and I become more regular.  

• Administrator

You know, manny, bloating after eating salads suggest bacterial overgrowth in the small bowel (SIBO) or maybe a FODMAPs issue. You might look at their specific diets.

Doctors have named some varieties of IBS but they don't know much about digestion. They only discovered the role of bacteria in digestion a few years ago.

14 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You know, manny, bloating after eating salads suggest bacterial overgrowth in the small bowel (SIBO) or maybe a FODMAPs issue. You might look at their specific diets.

Doctors have named some varieties of IBS but they don't know much about digestion. They only discovered the role of bacteria in digestion a few years ago.

Oh Alto, I don't feel bloated after eating salads. In my case, I've become hypersensitive when I eat. I kinda feel my G.I track as I eat since I feel weird sensations when I start eating, then it goes away as I continue eating. This weird symptom I'm more than sure is due to W/D.  

I had breath test done to find if I had H Plyori on my stomach, and it came out negative. 

Update

Weird thing happened when eating breakfast this morning. Like I mentioned before I have odd sensitivity were I'm conscious of what my stomach or the muscle on my abdomen are doing while I eat. I closed my eyes and the symptom stopped. This give me the clue some mis-wiring occurred between my brain and gut. Hence the symptoms. I hope overtime, this fixes itself.  

Im just getting to the point i will come back here one day when im better.

Just looked over my thread. What a waste of blah blah blah. 9 month still stuck in it. 

The whole situation is a mine field in every way shape and form..

Like i say, its like pouring water through a net.

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

2 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Update

Weird thing happened when eating breakfast this morning. Like I mentioned before I have odd sensitivity were I'm conscious of what my stomach or the muscle on my abdomen are doing while I eat. I closed my eyes and the symptom stopped. This give me the clue some mis-wiring occurred between my brain and gut. Hence the symptoms. I hope overtime, this fixes itself.  

Manny I notice if I pay attention to GI symptoms they get worse because of the uncertainty causes anxiety then adds to the gut issues. Vicious cycles. Stress causes more gut issues. 

15 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Im just getting to the point i will come back here one day when im better.

Just looked over my thread. What a waste of blah blah blah. 9 month still stuck in it. 

The whole situation is a mine field in every way shape and form..

Like i say, its like pouring water through a net.

I've read your thread. Sadly, its a mine field with nasty little surprises.  'Hugs' 

12 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny I notice if I pay attention to GI symptoms they get worse because of the uncertainty causes anxiety then adds to the gut issues. Vicious cycles. Stress causes more gut issues. 

I agree. Sadly, at this stage my brain is so focused on it, that makes the symptoms worse. I just hope my brain and gut get at it already and re-wires itself. 

2 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I agree. Sadly, at this stage my brain is so focused on it, that makes the symptoms worse. I just hope my brain and gut get at it already and re-wires itself. 

Good news though

After my last GI flare up my windows were clearer.i think the GI issues are a part of recovery. The 2 brains are trying to rebalance with each other.

7 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Good news though

After my last GI flare up my windows were clearer.i think the GI issues are a part of recovery. The 2 brains are trying to rebalance with each other.

I'd be worried if I only had G.I. symptoms, though I do have my head tremors/blurred vision which pretty much indicate that both systems are doing their best to re-wire themselves. 

Update

I implemented some of the dietery advice given, also my Ma told me to start drinking Turmeric shake since it helps calm the nerves, and whatever inflammation that's occurring in the body.  

Drank a glass of ginger. 

Then, half a glass of Turmeric shake, I thought it was going to be bitter, though it wasn't bad. 

Over the last four days I've noticed a change for the better, though to be frank it seems my G.I. symptoms are in the middle of morphing. I'll just leave it at that. 

On 3/14/2019 at 3:11 PM, manny03 said:

Update

I implemented some of the dietery advice given, also my Ma told me to start drinking Turmeric shake since it helps calm the nerves, and whatever inflammation that's occurring in the body.  

Drank a glass of ginger. 

Then, half a glass of Turmeric shake, I thought it was going to be bitter, though it wasn't bad. 

Over the last four days I've noticed a change for the better, though to be frank it seems my G.I. symptoms are in the middle of morphing. I'll just leave it at that. 

Good news Manny.Thats good.Changing my diet has helped me a lot.

20 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Good news Manny.Thats good.Changing my diet has helped me a lot.

it's helped from how I was a week ago. The symptoms have somewhat morphed from being in upper abdominal area to the mid and lower abdominal area were i pass mucus and or Still have constipated stools though are more 'complete ' and the sensations when I eat are barely there. So, there's being improvement. Though to be frank i fear it's something else, though I know the symptoms I've being having occurred post C/T after I had a bad experience in a temp agency. plus, I have my official ibs diagnosis from a while back. 

Besides the G.I symptoms, I have to admit that I've been having constant intrusive thoughts ever since December, they came along with the g.i. Symptoms, and tremors. The thoughts taunt me that my G.i. Symptoms are something worse, or horrible thoughts about my grandmother. If it's not that, then, I have my head tremors, and if not that, sharp headaches or blurred vision. Plus, the random skin breakouts. 

Though, good news is that I've finally regained my six hours of continuous sleep. :)

last night I planespotted with my mom at LAX, we ate some junk food, barely had any symptoms, to the extent i had 20 minute window were my g.I symptoms were gone which shocked me. Though, once I caught in with it, it came back. The power of the mind then throw withdrawal to the mix, oh lawd it's hell on earth. 

Update

Symptoms wise, its getting better, though I do see some morphing occurring. So, I'm not out of the woods yet. 

Though, earlier this evening I got word that my film editing professor passed away. Most have lauded him with praise. Though, in my behalf I couldn't since he was one of the persons who led me in the path to were I am at the moment. 

I admired and trusted him. I learned a lot from him which I'm grateful for. Though, when I and my close friend seeked his help on how to make it the film industry, he told us that he didn't have time to help us since he was 'catching a flight' to Poland. He didn't set a time after his trip to help us out. Though, he had ample time to help someone else. I was angered, though willing to give him a second chance. Then, I sent him emails about getting a letter of recommendation from him to work the Director's Guild as intern editor, he never replied to my messages. I also sent messages to his assistant. Never got a reply back.  I felt betrayed since I put my trust in him. Being a poor kid, and having the pressure to help my mother and father, it hurt me so much that he did this to me. I continued seeking work elsewhere in the film industry though, the doors were closed shut on me. That's when I fell into a deep depression and developed the mental and physical disorders that come with it. I began to post anti-USC posts on my social media which many of my peers ignored. Though, he had the gall to send direct messages telling not give up on film. I wanted to choke him, if he wanted me to not give up, then why didn't he helped back then. He knew the state that I had fallen by the posts I was putting on my social media. I felt it was a cruel joke. Greatest irony was that I posted an article on my social medical two days before his death regarding current controversies at USC, and mentioned the film school need to be investigated due to their practices, my professor acknowledged the practices were occurring, and went back decades. I bit my lip on not singling him out since I had found out a few years back that he would chose his favorites and help them out in any way possible. Looking back, I'm glad that I didn't confront him since I could had pushed his heart, and I would had being blamed for his death since he died of a cardiac embolism. 

I posted my last memories of him on my social media and out of nowhere my peers finally came out of the wood work to attack me. They felt disgusted by me, shamed and chastised me on how I had the gall to trash him. Telling me didn't I feel pity for his family. I was nothing but a selfish monster. I feel horrible for his family, though knowing he was one of the many persons who shut the doors on me,  then as a cruel joke tell me not to give up when he had levers to help me out, and didn't do it, I can't find myself to feel sympathy for him since he didn't find any for me. Ever since 2014, both of my parents have being living through hell and high water trying to take care of me through my anxiety, depression, OCD, and now these horrible withdrawals.  I know for fact, my parents wanted to rip him a new one since if he or those closed to him had helped me, I would had never fallen into depression nor never taken any of these ill forsaken pills.  

Now, I fear with what I posted, these peers they'll try to crush me even more than they did it when I was at USC since some work at HBO, Universal Pictures and I have plans of going back to film world. I know not with them, since I found out at the end of my time at USC that most of the students at the film school saw me as a threat, so they sabotaged my projects, used the time when giving constructive feedback to attack me personally to lower my self-esteem. USC was a toxic atmosphere for me and some my peers who went through similar experience though always got shut out. 

I just feel lost. I don't know if I'm right or wrong. Should I feel ashamed of saying the truth of what this person did to me. Ever since I was kid, I kept everything to myself which was beyond horrible since it helped develop the disorder I tried to treat with my med. 

Update

Symptoms are still morphing.

Well...I'm somewhat in a freak out at the moment. I'm getting sick or I've developed another symptom since I have sore throat, and kinda hurts to swallow. My health anxiety is going through the roof. It enough that I have my withdrawal G.I. symptoms for this to be occurring. I fear that have some metastatic cancer that's spread to my throat now. 

Though, in a somewhat good news...I've gained another 30 minutes of sleep. Its now from six hrs to six and half hours of uninterrupted sleep. 

I don't know what to think or do. 

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Though, in a somewhat good news...I've gained another 30 minutes of sleep. Its now from six hrs to six and half hours of uninterrupted sleep. 

That’s very positive Manny, I’m really glad to hear that.

In regards to the throat issue and your health anxiety, have you tried CBT to help with this? It’s normal to feel worried about new symptoms when they appear, but there is a limit. Unless the symptom is extremely intense or it is very long lasting, there is little basis to become worried sick and ruminate. 

I have had random bouts of dizziness, visual snow, sore throats, shakes, fatigue, muscle pain etc. When a symptom first pops up I find myself getting worried, but I have found CBT really helps me to see that the high likelihood is that it’s withdrawal and that it’s best to wait it out and see what happens, without paying much attention.

Edited by eymen23

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

2 minutes ago, eymen23 said:

That’s very positive Manny, I’m really glad to hear that.

In regards to the throat issue and your health anxiety, have you tried CBT to help with this? It’s normal to feel worried about new symptoms when they appear, but there is a limit. Unless the symptom is extremely intense or it is very long lasting, there is little basis to become worried sick and ruminate. 

I have had random bouts of dizziness, visual snow, sore throats, shakes, fatigue, muscle pain etc. When a symptom first pops up I find myself getting worried, but I have found CBT really helps me to see that the high likelihood is that it’s withdrawal and that it’s best to wait it out and see what happens, without paying much attention.

Now that you mentioned the other symptoms. 

The symptom is not intense. It feels like I have a dry throat. 

Over the last few days, I've had off-balance come back, visual snow, tightness or muscle pressure on the right side of my throat and face, ear pain. Though what worries me is that G.I. symptoms. I feel they've spread to my throat. I had similar throat issues when I began my withdrawals in July. You see were my mind is going. 

I haven't done CBT since the therapist I go to doesn't do it. 

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Though what worries me is that G.I. symptoms. I feel they've spread to my throat. I had similar throat issues when I began my withdrawals in July. You see were my mind is going. 

I haven't done CBT since the therapist I go to doesn't do it. 

CBT is relatively easy to do alone once you get the hang of it. It’s all about replacing an irrational thought with a more rational one.

You can find resources for free online. Moodjuice can be a good resource.

https://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/mildmoderate/Anxiety.asp

An example here could be:

irrational thought - my G.I. issues are getting worse and have spread to my throat 

rational throat - I have a dry throat which could be caused by many minor things. I had a similar symptom in the early stages of  withdrawal and it passed, so I’m sure it will again. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by eymen23

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

2 minutes ago, eymen23 said:

CBT is relatively easy to do alone once you get the hang of it. It’s all about replacing an irrational thought with a more rational one.

You can find resources for free online. Moodjuice can be a good resource.

https://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/mildmoderate/Anxiety.asp

An example here could be:

irrational thought - my G.I. issues are getting worse and have spread to my throat 

rational throat - I have a dry throat which could be caused by many minor things. I had a similar symptom in the early stages of  withdrawal and it passed, so I’m sure it will again. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks eymen. I'm going to attempt and see if it helps calm my mind. 

Manny i have had all these. They go as quick as they arrive.

I have been in a wave for a month... last 3 days windows at work my boss said wow!.

Today i feel like i did in the start. DR anxiety head pressure etc etc. 

Now i just say, unless i bleed, pass out or become delusional its guna be ok and it will pass. Its worked so far. 

Hope that helps.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

I have to admit yesterday. I almost had half a day window with almost no symptoms. I thought, seems we might be turning the page. Though, they came back in the afternoon. Though, the changes are occuring since I'm getting longer uninterrupted sleep hours. ...this blows. 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed blasphemy

More i sleep the worse i feel the next day.

Just now, Leo1983 said:

More i sleep the worse i feel the next day.

That's what I've noticed also. The symptoms seem a bit more intense than when I would sleep 4 to 5 hours. 

Yip!!

They say you wont ever experience anything close to this again in your life

5 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Yip!!

They say you wont ever experience anything close to this again in your life

I hope I'm once out of it I never experience this again. It's horrible. It's enough with off balance, though stomach aches, throat issues and visual snow...good Lord. 

Manny sorry your gi symptoms are bothering you.dont worry .i had the throat thing too.the vagus nerve can cause these symptoms if affected by WD.

Try not to let the industry politics affect you.Any issues will pass.

10 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Manny sorry your gi symptoms are bothering you.dont worry .i had the throat thing too.the vagus nerve can cause these symptoms if affected by WD.

Try not to let the industry politics affect you.Any issues will pass.

I went to the extreme of doing a Dr appointment for tomorrow for this. My mom tells me to cancel it since it will go away in its own. 

It's been the last two days when this symptom came up. My g.i. symptoms had begun waining down until I found out about my professor's death that triggered me. 

How's your g.i symptoms Rus? I hope they've calm down. 

6 minutes ago, manny03 said:

I went to the extreme of doing a Dr appointment for tomorrow for this. My mom tells me to cancel it since it will go away in its own. 

It's been the last two days when this symptom came up. My g.i. symptoms had begun waining down until I found out about my professor's death that triggered me. 

How's your g.i symptoms Rus? I hope they've calm down. 

in a wave again.gi symptoms are low.i was curious if that was your trigger.Hold out for a week to c if it goes.any stomach or esophagus problems can cause throat symptoms. anxiety can cause globus sensation.lump in the throat.last week i had reflux one day that caused throat issues for the day.dont worry just go with it.i know what health anxiety feels like.yull b ok.

Russ