SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

HeidiGirl: fluoxetine withdrawal questions

HeidiGirl

My last dose of fluoxetine (10 mg) was 4/1918, I stopped cold turkey. I'm on .25-.50 dose of alprazolam as needed for anxiety and temazepam for sleep issues. I've slowly been weaning myself off the benzos and stopped fluxetine cold turkey. I've made a lot of progress with the WD symptoms but I still have many symptoms. I feel like this process will never stop. I'm trying supplements, NAC, rhodiola, GABA soothe, taurine, inositol, 5HTP, DHEA (not all at the same time but hours apart and I log my supplements). Any advice from others on how to get through this? 

• ChessieCat changed the title to HeidiGirl: fluoxetine withdrawal questions
  • Administrator

Welcome, Heidi.

What were the withdrawal symptoms you had after going off Prozac? How are you sleeping?

Are you keeping notes? Can you tell if any of the supplements is helping? We haven't seen consistent results from any but

fish oil and magnesium supplements, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

How often do you take the benzo, and on what schedule? What is your daily symptom pattern? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

This is very important -- the alprazolam could be causing some of your symptoms. Please keep dosages of everything steady to see if a pattern emerges.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/31/2018 at 9:35 AM, HeidiGirl said:

My last dose of fluoxetine (10 mg) was 4/1918, I stopped cold turkey. I'm on .25-.50 dose of alprazolam as needed for anxiety and temazepam for sleep issues. I've slowly been weaning myself off the benzos and stopped fluxetine cold turkey. I've made a lot of progress with the WD symptoms but I still have many symptoms. I feel like this process will never stop. I'm trying supplements, NAC, rhodiola, GABA soothe, taurine, inositol, 5HTP, DHEA (not all at the same time but hours apart and I log my supplements). Any advice from others on how to get through this? 

Hi Heidigirl, 

Welcome to SA, you will find a lot of help on here n many coping strategies n you will also find people who you can relate you n who can relate to you. This certainly helps in coping with withdrawals. 

Please answer Alto’s questions n she n other moderators will be able to help you.

Wishing you a happy day☀️☀️☀️

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

I only take the benzos on the weekend to help me catch up on sleep. Usually 15 mg of temazapam on Friday and 1 mg of alprazolam on Saturday and 15 temazapam on Sunday and it's at night time to help me sleep. Other than that I stick to my various supplements during the week. I do take fish oil along with magnesium too. The supplements do seem to help although I'm not sure it's a placebo effect or they're actually helping. My question regarding quitting the fluoxetine CT back on 4/19, since I've gone this long (almost 4 full months) does it make sense to start small amounts again since I'm still having withdrawal symptoms? I have nausea, am very flat, no emotions, really don't feel like myself and very sad. I know this process is lengthy and there is no way to go thru it fast but not sure if I should reintroduce a small amount of prozac or not.

I do feel like L-theanine does calm and the GABA soothe may help too. I take the other things because of what I've read up on. I got some SAM-E last night and started that today. I'm willing to try anything natural but I also know too much of anything can be bad especially when you're already feeling awful. I don't want to reintroduce Prozac after being off it for 4 months so perhaps it's the benzos that's causing me problems. 

• 2 weeks later...

How come I'm not getting any responses to my comments. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong since no one is commenting. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can get involved in conversations and get feedback?