smk1234: I want to taper Luvox, but terrified

smk1234

@ChessieCatI'm still feeling keyed up and shaky, could this even be a reaction to the cut I made from 100mg to 75mg a few weeks ago? Or do you think it's still from the cut to 50mg on Sunday, even though I was only at that for 2 days and have gone back up in dose? Or is this just from being on the drug itself at this point? If I knew I'd start to feel better in a few days I'd be able to handle this better. But I keep wondering if it's the drug itself making me feel bad and I need to get off of it as soon as possible, but there is no way to taper it quickly without getting worse.

I know, lots of questions you might not have the exact answer for. I need to feel more stable and every way I try to think about this has me feeling more scared and confused as to what is wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Luvox- 200mg past 20 years, cut to 100mg 7/2020, then increased back up to 150mgs 3 weeks later/ end of July . Current: 150mg.

Pristiq - started on 50mg 4/2020,increased to 150mg since the beginning of July of 2020. Current 75 mg.

Trazodone- 50mgs since summer 2019, was just increased to 100mg 8/2020 current 50 mg.

Metoprolol 25 g day

Clonidine - started mid July 2020 .1 mg 2X day. I've cut it down on my own to .1 mg at night..

Gabapentin - started 8/3/20 300 mg 3X day,  current 300 mg day,

Long history of various other a/ds  Xanax and Ambien for 10+ years, did cross to Valium and off since 12/15

• Administrator

Still looking for those daily drug schedule and symptom notes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Daily symptoms notes have been requested, and not posted, at least 5 times since 13th July 2019 before Alto's latest request.

These notes are considered so important for assessing a member's drug situation that a warning point may be given if a member continues to not provide them when requested.  See:

On 6/16/2011 at 4:45 AM, Altostrata said:

- Being uncooperative, specifically, not keeping notes and reporting your symptom pattern when requested to do so.

Keeping daily notes of your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages is quite simple. In many situations, particularly when you're taking multiple drugs, we need this information to tell if a drug is causing an adverse reaction or if an adjustment is working.

If, after requested, you avoid doing this, we can't help you. If you persist in withholding this essential information, you may receive more than one warning point, up to being banned from the site (4 warning points).

Please note that no further assistance will be given until the requested symptoms notes are provided.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I had been slowly reducing the Pristiq since September. I made it down from 150mg to 100 mg in October, and noticed I started feeling almost "too good" and up inside. Periodic "jolting" feeling in my heart. It was uncomfortable. I tried jumping down to 75 mg of pristiq ( a bigger cut than I was comfortable with) 11/8- the "manic" feeling seemed to improve but I was feeling shaky inside and still getting the heart jolts. I tried cutting from the 75mg to 50mgs 11/20 to see if there would be further improvement, on Mon 23rd I crashed, severe anxiety and shaking. I am against benzos, but ended up having to take 1mg of Ativan I was so desperate. I went back up to 75mgs and got a bit better but still having internal shaking / akathesia and heart jolts.  I am totally miserable.

Daily symptoms have been pretty much the same with no end in sight, I'm terrified I'm stuck this way--

7:00- wake up feeling shaky

8:00 am- decaf coffee

9-11 am- pretty much same shakiness

11:30 am- eat lunch, take 75 mg pristiq, 25 mg metoprolol

12am - 4:30 same shakiness and palpitations

5:00 pm eat dinner, try to exercise if I can

7 pm- take 150 Luvox, .1 clonidine,

9pm- 50 mg trazodone, sometimes also benadryl 

usually up to 10-10:30, always wake up a few times

Luvox- 200mg past 20 years, cut to 100mg 7/2020, then increased back up to 150mgs 3 weeks later/ end of July . Current: 150mg.

Pristiq - started on 50mg 4/2020,increased to 150mg since the beginning of July of 2020. Current 75 mg.

Trazodone- 50mgs since summer 2019, was just increased to 100mg 8/2020 current 50 mg.

Metoprolol 25 g day

Clonidine - started mid July 2020 .1 mg 2X day. I've cut it down on my own to .1 mg at night..

Gabapentin - started 8/3/20 300 mg 3X day,  current 300 mg day,

Long history of various other a/ds  Xanax and Ambien for 10+ years, did cross to Valium and off since 12/15