Jill28: Prozac severe anxiety

Jill28

Thank you, Altostrata. 

I’ll take the 1.5 lunesta and .5 melatonin and see how it goes tonight. 

Jill28

march - June 19, 2018- Zoloft

August 22, 2018- August 24, 2018- Prozac

August 24 to current- clonazepam - still reducing from .25 twice a day.

August 24 to Sept 24th - Cyproheptadine 2mg

August 29- End of November Lunesta 3 mg

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jill28

• Altostrata

• Rabe

• Leo1983

Top Posters In This Topic

12:00am- 1.5 lunesta and .5 melatonin- slept 6 hours. Woke up with morning anxiety and the need to pace (typical)

9:00 am-  .125 klonopin no anxiety but still can’t sit. Pacing all day.

1:00pm- .125 klonopin felt fine until 2:30 (anxiety has started just like normal)😢

Will update other times too but had two questions:

1) am tapering off lunesta now. Did fine last night with 1.5 and melatonin. 

How long should I do this for? Have been on it for 9 weeks. 

2) is it easier to taper the klonopin when it’s 4 doses or two? Just want your opinion as we move along with this change. 

As usual- thank you.

Jill28

• Administrator

This is pretty good, Jill. It's going to take at least 4 days for the new Klonopin levels to even out.

Yes, this will make it easier to taper. You're dependent on Klonopin, we need to get your dosing stabilized first.

Was your morning anxiety better or worse than usual?

Since you slept okay on 1.5mg Lunesta and 0.5mg melatonin, I'd stick with that for a few days. Please keep posting your notes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata

Thank you so much. Will keep with the 1.5 Lunesta and .5 melatonin tonight and the next few days.

Morning anxiety was about the same as usual. 

The worst part is the pacing, but it was the same as usual with this new schedule.

5:00- .125 klonopin dose- some anxiety before the dose but think it was bc I am so worried about being on Klonopin and the horror stories. I kept thinking about it.

The 9:00 dose will prob be fine as nights are easiest, but will let you know tomorrow. 

Lastly, thank you for sending the success stories. I’m so scared but am thankful for this help. 

I feel so dead inside- no tv, can’t read, even showering bothers me, DP/DR, etc, etc. 

Praying that I am not hopeless.😔

Jill28

• Administrator

Hang in there, we need to see more of the new schedule.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata

1:00 lunesta and melatonin- slept ok

9:00 -.125 k and feel terrible. Very high and very nauseous.

help

Jill28

• Administrator

At least sleep was okay.

Were your symptoms worse before or after taking the 9 a.m. dose of Klonopin?

They were worse after the 9:00 dose. I had some typical morning anxiety and about an hr after the 9:00 dose, I was very high and shaky. It lasted about an hr. My 1:00 dose is approaching...?

Also, there was anxiety after my 9:00 dose last night that lasted about 2 hrs.

thoughts?

Jill28

1:00- .125 klonopin- Had some anxiety and after felt tired. It’s weird, but being tired make me anxious.  Around 3:00, the need to pace has subsided. 

5:00- .125 klonopin- feel high again with some nausea. Restless legs began at 7:00. 

Advice for remaining night?

Jill28

@Altostrata

hi alto- I’m not sure how often you want me to post my symptoms..? Would once a day be easier after all my doses (evening time)?

Jill28

• Administrator

Once a day is good. It's going to take 4 days or more for the dosing to even out.

@Altostrata

11/7

1:00 am- 1.5 lunesta- slept til 5am; nausea 

9:00- .125 Klonopin- paced on and off. Around     12:00 the pacing subsided for a bit

1:00- .125 klonopin- had to go to dr so severe anxiety since had to leave the house but no pacing

5:00- .125 klonopin- pit in stomach but no pacing

9:00- .125 klonopin- tired 

been on lunesta for 9 weeks now. 

Last 3 nights at 1.5 mg. 

Ok to move down to .75 along with melatonin, 

uiu think?

Jill28

Hi Jill

i had seen your posts about the pacing.  Have you looked into marijuana at all?  (Mod Note:  Please see this post regarding PJ's suggestion)  there's a youtube video by Josh Jensen, who found relief from his akathesia through vaping marijuana.  either that or maybe you could try the small dose of zoloft like Altostrata had mentioned earlier in your thread.   i had the pacing from anti-psychotic meds and it would go away when i quit them, so it's a little different, but i think in Josh's case he had stopped an anti-depressant and then developed the akathesia so maybe that's something to look into.

Poetjester (Derek)

Edited by ChessieCat
added mod note

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

oh, wait, 

i see that the zoloft was no good.  look at the youtube videos for the marijuana then.   

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• Moderator Emeritus
35 minutes ago, PoetJester said:

look at the youtube videos for the marijuana then.   

As a caution, I would note that member experience with using marijuana, CBD, etc. has been very varied.  Some have good results and others do not.  It is certainly something to consider but it does not come without potential downsides.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Jill28 said:

@Altostrata

11/7

1:00 am- 1.5 lunesta- slept til 5am; nausea 

9:00- .125 Klonopin- paced on and off. Around     12:00 the pacing subsided for a bit

1:00- .125 klonopin- had to go to dr so severe anxiety since had to leave the house but no pacing

5:00- .125 klonopin- pit in stomach but no pacing

9:00- .125 klonopin- tired 

been on lunesta for 9 weeks now. 

Last 3 nights at 1.5 mg. 

Ok to move down to .75 along with melatonin, 

uiu think?

Jill, looks like your symptoms are settling down.

Please do not change Lunesta now -- give it another week.

Please look into meditation or "change the channel" to control that anxiety when you have to do something. Look at videos of kittens or puppies.

See

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Deep emotional pain and crying spells, spontaneous weeping

Neuro-emotions

@Altostrata

I already did the .75 lunesta last night (see below) Should I go back to 1.5 now?

Thank you for sending links in previous text.

11/8

11:30pm (last night)-lunesta .75 and .5 melatonin. Slept 4 1/2 hrs- woke up slightly nauseous. Typical morning anxiety (awful)

9:00am- .125 Klonopin- anxiety for first two hours then subsided by 11:00. Didn’t really have need to pace. Felt fine by 11:30

1:00pm- .125 klonopin- get super tired and anxiety starts by 2:00 as I get sleepy. Legs feel slightly restless but no need to pace. Felt better by 3:00- 5:00

5:00pm- .125 Klonopin- pit in stomach but no need to pace- thank GOD. Did some running down street to help with “pit” and it worked!

9:00pm-

Jill28

• Administrator

I guess maybe the nausea is from Lunesta? You can keep going with 0.75mg  Lunesta if you want. Please continue to keep notes.

@Altostrata

ok, thank you. 

I do have one more question (that scares me). 

Ive also been on the benzo for 9 weeks now. 

In your opinion, should I begin tapering sooner than later for this? My CNS is so sensitive, but I hate being on it. I know we just  made adjustments, so it would be awhile, but what are your thoughts on this as it’s been a constant worry for me and my doctor would be useless for advice.

Jill28

@Altostrata

every 1st morning dose of the klonopin is awful. After an hr, anxiety starts and some restless legs... then depression. 

What are your thoughts on that?

Jill28

Hi.

Not given advice as such just a thought. 

Is the depression most of the day? No interest in anything?.

Just I NEVER had depression until I started Ssris. It got even worse when I stopped the pills. It remains 5 Month after stopping .

I'm just thinking is the depression from the Sertraline WD.

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

It usually comes about an hr after the klonopin... along with anxiety and restless legs. Only morning dose.

Jill28

Ok I'm wrong. Just trying to help. Don't know a lot about benzo wd. 

Just there is a lot of depressed people in WD from AD that were not before medication. I was stressed now I'm round the bend lol. 

Hope you get a plan that helps. 

Lee

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Jill28 said:

@Altostrata

every 1st morning dose of the klonopin is awful. After an hr, anxiety starts and some restless legs... then depression. 

What are your thoughts on that?

That's a side effect of Klonopin. We really need to get you settled on this schedule a bit longer before adjusting the Klonopin further. @Shep

Hangover from Lunesta might also be involved, please observe whether this effect has diminished since you cut the Lunesta to 0.75mg.

How did you sleep on the reduced Lunesta dose?

@Altostrata The hangover effect has subsided with decreased dose (as I did have that) but nausea was a little worse than normal this morning. I still slept my normal 4 hrs with .75 lunesta and .5 melatonin.

thank you for your help. I will await further instructions. 

Alto? I feel very hopeless as my day consists of only walking around block and then bedroom. I have zero ability to function and am close to giving in. 😔 I know I’m still acute so desperately trying to hang on. 

Jill28

• Administrator

Jill, you are functioning better than think! Today, walk around 2 blocks. If you see anything interested, take a picture of it with your phone. This will help you change the channel.

Benzos are horrible drugs, you're starting to tame clonazepam and Lunesta. Hang in there day by day, you can see it's getting a little better.

• Moderator Emeritus
24 minutes ago, Jill28 said:

@Altostrata The hangover effect has subsided with decreased dose (as I did have that) but nausea was a little worse than normal this morning. I still slept my normal 4 hrs with .75 lunesta and .5 melatonin.

thank you for your help. I will await further instructions. 

Alto? I feel very hopeless as my day consists of only walking around block and then bedroom. I have zero ability to function and am close to giving in. 😔 I know I’m still acute so desperately trying to hang on. 

Hi Jill, 

Dont give in, you will get there in the end. We all eventually heal, it’s just a long n arduous process. You said you’re not functional. I think it is amazing that you manage to walk around two blocks. Definitely get that camera out n take photos. I’m a big photography fan n even when I’m totally anhedonic I still take photos.

I have a chronic illness n have spent lots of time in bed over the last twenty four years, and now with withdrawals on top of it, it’s no fun. There are times where I couldn’t get out of bed for months. I could barely walk to the toilet. If you’re stuck in bed n can’t focus on anything try n distract yourself anyway.

Put on some music, if you’re noise sensitive, just put it on low. If you struggle to focus on dvds or Netflix maybe just go to YouTube n listen to talks on things that interest you,  you don’t need to watch the actual screen. You can also listen to audio books with someone with a calm voice. If you miss some of the plot it doesn’t matter. Just having something playing might distract you.

If you are in bed but have a bit more focus find some distractions that you’re able to do. Do you like any kind of art or craft, maybe crosswords, a game on your iPad (I’m a big fan of Words With Friends, though I haven’t played it for ages. I’m not much of a computer game player but I do like word games), TV shows or movies? I have a TV in the bedroom, though I’m not a TV watcher, I  only watch DVDs on it. I watch Netflix in the loungeroom.

Please find some distractions to help you keep going. When you take photos on your walks you can then edit them when you get home too. I’ve spent many hours when I was in waves going through photos n editing them, it was a great distraction.

I find when waves are bad too that getting out my crocheting n doing the same stitch over n over again while watching movies has help me get through these times. I’ve been making blankets n giving them away as presents. I think I’ve made over a hundred. I should have counted them, they take no brain power to do

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

@Carmie

thank you for the kind words. 

They mean a lot. Unfortunately, i am housebound but force a walk around the block.

im trying to color, but it’s very difficult. 

Tv, reading, and everything is out of question right now.😔

i just pace around my room until evening. 

Feel very hopeless right now.

what keeps you going and not ending things?

Jill28

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

If you see anything interested, take a picture of it with your phone. This will help you change the channel.

I think it was @Happy2Heal who wrote about how looking up can be helpful.  Hopefully she might drop by and comment about it.  I haven't been able to find the post about it.

"Change the channel" 

Change cognitive framing - Redirect - Another Way

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@Altostrata

@Shep

thank you both. 

11/9

12:00- Lunesta.75 and .5 melatonin- slept 12:30- 4:30 and woke up nauseous. Some morning anxiety so spent time running inside house. 

9:00- .125 klonopin- lots of anxiety and restlessness at 10:00. Subsides by 12:00 or so

1:00- .125 klonopin- sleepiness at 2:00 which gives anxiety. No need to pace tho but went for walk and tried to watch things on phone.

5:00- .125 klonopin- pit in stomach with some anxiety but no need to pace

9:00- .125 klonopin- feel fine- distraction talking to mom. Night time is my only time for peace. 

Very hypervigalent. Even crunching food so loud.

today was day 5 of this new schedule.

Jill28

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Jill28 said:

sleepiness at 2:00 which gives anxiety

What does this mean? Is the effect of the 1:00 dose initially sleepiness and then anxiety, like the 9:00 dose? Or are you anxious because you've gotten sleepy?

@Altostrata

It’s like the 9:00 dose. 

For some reason, when I get sleepy, my anxiety worsens. It’s like those toxic naps. If I tried to fall asleep, I would startle awake with major anxiety attack. So in these cases, as drowsiness begins, my heart starts to race and anxiety comes. Awful.

hope that makes sense.

as usual, thank you.

alto- I really have no help other than this site and am terrified 24/7. Is that normal?

Jill28

• Administrator

That's very good information, Jill.

It appears many of these symptoms are benzo side effects. You are getting a paradoxical reaction to the first 2 doses of the day. Please start a topic for yourself in our benzo forum, copy over your 11/9 notes, and confer with @Shep about reducing or rebalancing the clonazepam.

Am I hopeless.

Still learning the website so posted earlier in the Relationship forum by accident. 

Just wanting advice. 

Was in zoloft withdrawal and dr put me on Prozac. On 3rd dose- by body began buzzing and many other symptoms so stopped immediately. By October 20, I am completely housebound, no tv, no real reading, severe anxiety, anhedonia, nausea, insomnia, dead inside. Can I recover from this? I feel hopeless.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic heading to post before moving to intro

Jill28

Any thoughts welcomed, please... 

After  reading my post, am I actually in withdrawal? Am I just in a constant wave and if there’s a window, does that mean a symptom will disappear? 

I’m completely dead inside.....

Jill28

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Jill28 said:

Just wanting advice.

Alto and Shep are both very competent and are doing their best to help you with your drug issues.

I suggest that you go back and read the responses you have received in your topic/s.  Doing thing might help you to gain some perspective about your situation.  Unfortunately it takes time to get these things sorted out.

Time and patience.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management