SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jill28: Prozac severe anxiety

Jill28

• Administrator

How long have you been taking Klonopin and cyproheptadine at the same times of day? Why do you do this?

When you get nausea, how often is it in the morning? That and the morning anxiety could be rebound from the previous evening Klonopin wearing off.

We would  not suggest reinstatement if it was not feasible. However, we cannot guarantee that it will work.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jill28

• Altostrata

• Rabe

• Leo1983

Top Posters In This Topic

@Altostrata

Taking it at same time daily was dr orders. 

I was trying to take on as needed basis but dr was telling me that she’s trying t stabilize me then wean me off. I just don’t know what to do anymore or who to listen to, Altostrata. I’m so scared. If I try the .5 zoloft since it was the first one I tried to wean off, will I know immediately if it’s a bad option? In your experienced advice?

Jill28

march - June 19, 2018- Zoloft

August 22, 2018- August 24, 2018- Prozac

August 24 to current- clonazepam - still reducing from .25 twice a day.

August 24 to Sept 24th - Cyproheptadine 2mg

August 29- End of November Lunesta 3 mg

@Altostrata

also, I’ve been taking it at same times for two days now. The nausea thing is new and sometimes I get it even after I take the klonopin and Cyp. It’s mostly in morn but also random throughout day now. Scared to try Zofran. 

Jill28

@Altostrata

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?interaction_list_id=183117942&drug_list=765-0,703-357,1030-1621

here is the link of my drug interactions. 

I just can’t believe 3 doses of Prozac could do such damage. I guess my nervous system was too fragile from going through the Zoloft withdrawal. 

The insomnia is brutal.

Jill28

• Administrator

This is the first you've mentioned Lunesta. How long have you been taking it and at what dosage? Do you have any other psychiatric drug history? Please update your signature.

Since you've been taking Lunesta, how has your symptom pattern changed? Does it help you sleep?

We've discussed this before: Most likely, your nervous system became hypersensitized from going off Zoloft and you had an adverse reaction to too high a dosage of Prozac. It's also very possible you are getting rebound anxiety from Klonopin -- and now Lunesta. We see this all the time.

What times of day do you take each of your drugs, and at what dosages? We need the detail of that daily symptom report. Please be more forthcoming and answer questions from the staff completely.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata

thanks for your reply. 

I apologize for being so scattered. I have been terrified with the akathisia and severe anxiety that I truly was unable to think clearly and emotions and thoughts have been all over the place. 

the akathisia is gone and anxiety is settling down and I finally feel a bit more sane. 

Right now im taking .5 of klonopin at 11am and 6pm per my dr instructions. She’s apparently trying to calm my nervous system down with a regular schedule. I didn’t take the Cyproheptadine today since akathisia seems to be gone.

Around 11pm I take 3 mg of lunesta and am able to fall asleep fairly quickly. At first I only slept 5 hrs, but last night it was more like 8 hrs. 

Today I felt more like myself. No nausea today or morning anxiety- just bouts of sadness here and there. Still startle easily. Want to stop the lunesta but scared I won’t sleep. 

Once again, thank you for your time and thoughts.

Jill28

@Altostrata

@Rabe

@SkyBlue

@Gridley

hi everyone- 

ive tried to track to see if the anxiety is caused by the klonopin and it very well may be as I notice I get it before my next dose is needed. 

My dr had me take it twice a day (.5) to help with anxiety and to try to stabilize me. 

I’m feeling fairly stable at this point and have slowly introduced a small dose of fish oil fist and now a small dose of magnesium glycinate. 

I feel stable finally but always kinda have an underlining feeling on not totally settled. 

Still taking the lunesta 3 mg before bed and sleep good. 

My question to you guys is after I’m completely stable, when can we wean off the klonopin (.5 twice a day). I’ve been on it regularly now for 27 days, with the last week being a regimented schedule of twice a day. 

I also have burning around my right eye about an hour every couple days. There’s no pattern to when it comes but if it happens before my next dose of klonopin, it will go away. Sometimes it goes away on its own. Thoughts?

as always.... thank you so much... I’m so scared.

Jill28

Hi Jill...SO grateful to hear you are feeling better!!!

-Nardil 1976 < year, stopped. React to AD's. Klonopin .5BID 1990, 2.5mg til 2016

-Klonopin doubled Jan '16. Taper to 2.25mg May to Nov '16. Bad react to Lexapro, stop. React to Prevacid too, taper off. 

-November '16 Tapered .25mg Klonopin in hospital. Jan '17 started Viibryd, 20mg from Feb to June '17,     

-20mg to 10mg Viibryd from 3/25 to 6/10 2017, 12/15 10% Viibryd taper...back up next day

-Clonazepam 2mg to 1.85mg 4/14 '17 to end November; taper to 1mg Clonazepam in hospital 9/1 tp 9/14 '17

-Feb '18 Amiloride .25mg  5/18 off Amiloride d/t react. Clonaz compounded  

-4/27 '18 Viibryd 9.5mg, 6/11 9.0 mg, 1/27 '19 Viibryd 8.75mg, ; Clonazepam .2mg 530pm and .7mg 1130pm, Premarin .3mg 830PM CARAFATE QID 2/27/19 to 3/5/19

-July 6'19 1/2 10mg Claritin 230pm, stopped it about July 18, started Oct 11 '19, 

-7/27 Viibryd 8.5, 8/29 8.25, 10/24 8.0, 12/19 7.75, Feb '20 7.50, 3/20 7.25, 5/20 7.0, 6/20 6.75, 7/20 6.5, 8/20 6.25, 10/2 20 6.0, 11/25'20 5.75, 1/9/21 5.5, 2/23 5.25

-1015 AM Viibryd, vit D 4,000IU 130, 415 Clonazepam .2mg, 815 Premarin .3mg, 1015 Clonaz .7mg,

1115 3t fish oil+D 1145 Castor Oil 650mg(4) 1230 Carafate 1/2GM,Methylated B Vit  1/week,Reacted Mag prn

@Rabe

i have windows where I feel better... but not completely normal. The waves are still hard and I’m finding relief in some of the self care things I’ve read on this site. I’m mostly scared about the klonopin addiction. My nervous system has to heal and once healed, how will I get off of it. It’ll be so fragile. I’m terrified.

Jill28

• Administrator

I would not taper Klonopin until symptoms have settled down into a regular pattern and we can tell what's causing what. The breakthrough anxiety you get before your dose is due indicates you are already physiologically dependent on the Klonopin, so nothing to be gained by tapering it prematurely.

Those daily symptom notes are essential. Please post them using a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

I think you will do fine with the K taper when time comes...I really do💜

-Nardil 1976 < year, stopped. React to AD's. Klonopin .5BID 1990, 2.5mg til 2016

-Klonopin doubled Jan '16. Taper to 2.25mg May to Nov '16. Bad react to Lexapro, stop. React to Prevacid too, taper off. 

-November '16 Tapered .25mg Klonopin in hospital. Jan '17 started Viibryd, 20mg from Feb to June '17,     

-20mg to 10mg Viibryd from 3/25 to 6/10 2017, 12/15 10% Viibryd taper...back up next day

-Clonazepam 2mg to 1.85mg 4/14 '17 to end November; taper to 1mg Clonazepam in hospital 9/1 tp 9/14 '17

-4/27 '18 Viibryd 9.5mg, 6/11 9.0 mg, 1/27 '19 Viibryd 8.75mg, ; Clonazepam .2mg 530pm and .7mg 1130pm, Premarin .3mg 830PM CARAFATE QID 2/27/19 to 3/5/19

-July 6'19 1/2 10mg Claritin 230pm, stopped it about July 18, started Oct 11 '19, 

-7/27 Viibryd 8.5, 8/29 8.25, 10/24 8.0, 12/19 7.75, Feb '20 7.50, 3/20 7.25, 5/20 7.0, 6/20 6.75, 7/20 6.5, 8/20 6.25, 10/2 20 6.0, 11/25'20 5.75, 1/9/21 5.5, 2/23 5.25

-1015 AM Viibryd, vit D 4,000IU 130, 415 Clonazepam .2mg, 815 Premarin .3mg, 1015 Clonaz .7mg,

1115 3t fish oil+D 1145 Castor Oil 650mg(4) 1230 Carafate 1/2GM,Methylated B Vit  1/week,Reacted Mag prn

@Altostrata

Again, thx for your help. I finally feel calm enough to think clearly when responding now. Good grief. 

I’ll post daily symptom notes as you suggested as well for help. I feel like you guys know more than the doctors. 

Mine other question for now. My daughter bought me a really good B6 vitamin. I’m eating foods that contain B6 as much as I can, but wanted to know what you thought of luck with that supplement.

Jill28

• Administrator

You may find the B6 supplement, or any B vitamin supplement, to be activating. Might be best not to be too aggressive with supplements.

@Altostrata

Ok, thank you... you are so right.

I have been taking magnesium baths and today I tried just 25mg of magnesium glycinate and got super jittery. I guess my nervous system is just too fragile for anything right now.

Jill28

@Altostrata

here is a typical day:

8:00am- wake up nauseous and drink a shake and it slightly goes away but not completely 

10:30- take klonopin (.5) as instructed and feel         tired. Usually have anxiety by this point

3:00- 5:00- start to feel anxious usually but not always. Do calming tech to lower the anxiety. Face wil burn sometimes and body tingling

7:00- take (.5) klonopin and usually have agood window in the evening until bed

10:00- go to bed. No longer take lunesta as I fall right to sleep now

Even after taking meds I never feel completely “settled”, or hungry, or motivated. There are days I want to give up.😔

Jill28

• Administrator

That is looking like breakthrough  anxiety in the morning because the evening Klonopin is wearing off.

When did you stop Lunesta? Did your symptom pattern change afterward?

@Shep , what do you think?

@Altostrata

@Shep

I stopped the Lunesta about four days ago. I fell asleep while praying (before I took it) and that made me realize that I probably didn’t need it anymore. Maybe bc I’m taking the klonopin regularly now and it makes me sleepy. Every night since then has been good sleep so I called dr and she said don’t take it if not needed.... so I haven’t.

symptom patterns didn’t change after stopping lunesta. I was nauseous in the morning even when I took the lunesta. 

Is the nausea part of the nervous system uproar?

If it’s withdrawal, what’s it withdrawal from? The 3 days of Prozac??? The Zoloft that I had been off 8 weeks before the start of Prozac? I felt like I was almost over that withdrawal...? 

Thx again for your help!!!❤️

Had as a REALLY bad wave this morning starting at 9:30. Took regular (.5) klonopin at 10:30 like usual and it’s finally subsiding.

Jill28

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Jill28 said:

If it’s withdrawal, what’s it withdrawal from? The 3 days of Prozac??? The Zoloft that I had been off 8 weeks before the start of Prozac? I felt like I was almost over that withdrawal...? 

Thx again for your help!!!❤️

Hi, Jill. We've answered this question before. This seems like a rumination. Please read your Intro topic from the beginning and write down the explanation on a piece of paper. This will help "capture" the rumination.

It is looking like some if not most of your symptoms are from clonazepam dependency. Adjusting the timing of your doses can help. We need more of your daily symptom pattern before suggesting a schedule.

• Moderator Emeritus
58 minutes ago, Jill28 said:

I stopped the Lunesta about four days ago.

Since you were only on Lunesta from August 29 to 4 days ago (September 19), you may be fine without it. It takes 2 - 4 weeks to develop a dependency on Lunesta and you were only on it for about 3 weeks. Hopefully the Klonopin will cushion any withdrawal from it. 

Please update your signature to reflect the date that you stopped the Lunesta. 

Account - Settings - Create or Edit Your Signature

1 hour ago, Jill28 said:

Had as a REALLY bad wave this morning starting at 9:30. Took regular (.5) klonopin at 10:30 like usual and it’s finally subsiding.

32 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It is looking like some if not most of your symptoms are from clonazepam dependency. Adjusting the timing of your doses can help. We need more of your daily symptom pattern before suggesting a schedule.

Yes, the "really bad wave" that you are describing is likely what Alto is describing as a timing issue. You may be going into what's called inter-dose withdrawal, meaning you're having withdrawal symptoms in between doses.

Please keep up with your daily symptom pattern postings and we'll go through a schedule that may work better, such as spreading your doses out to 3 or even 4 times a day. 

@Altostrata

@Shep

Thank you, both. 

I’ll post my daily symptom patterns and you can give me your advice/thoughts on what’s happening when you can.

Thx for your patience, too. When I’m in a wave, I panic and desperately start typing for needed answers that have already been addressed. I apologize. I know my nervous system is in an uproar due to the previous explanation. I know there will be waves and windows until it settles.

the waves scare me so much due to the anxiety level and unsettled feeling. The anxiety subsided but the uneasy does not. It’s horrible.

Jill28

@Altostrata

@Shep

One more question for now... :)

With all your experience with this, do the waves and windows pattern still exist for someone who had an ssri introduced on a sensitive CNS as someone tapering off and going through withdrawal? I’m guessing yes,  but wanted to hear your feedback.

Jill28

• Moderator Emeritus

It's important to learn and use Non-drug techniques to cope to get through the tough times.  This can sometimes be hard to do when going through withdrawal, but every little bit helps.  Understanding what is happening can help because you know what it is and it isn't as scary.  You don't fall into the trap of the second fear.

You might find these helpful too:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Audio:  How to Recover from Anxiety - Dr Claire Weekes

Anxiety Stuff - all kinds of stuff about anxiety attacks and things that help ...

CBT Course:  An Introductory Self-Help Course in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@ChessieCat

thank you... going to read it all now.❤️

Jill28

@Altostrata

@Shep

@ChessieCat

hi all- 

because of the severe nausea and and just never feeling settled even after the klonopin dose, I’m thinking about reinstating the Zoloft starting at .5. 

I do have a link to tapering Zoloft. Is there a link to reinstating Zoloft?😔

Jill28

@Altostrata

@Shep

@ChessieCat

I’m terrified but I’m down to under 100 pounds, constant face burning, severe fatigue, and just overall feeling terrible and wanting to die... I feel like it’s my last hope.

please... any help..

Jill28

I dont know if this will help but I have been in a stretch of all day waves...not stamina, heart off, weight loss, short of breath.  It is very hard...today I did yoga and breathing again.  Makes for long days and the fatigue is hard as well....Im sorry.  

Look at your posts fromm yesterday...they sound better...can you keep track of your symptoms and when they occur and post then for the mods?  

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Jill28 said:

@Altostrata

@Shep

@ChessieCat

I’m terrified but I’m down to under 100 pounds, constant face burning, severe fatigue, and just overall feeling terrible and wanting to die... I feel like it’s my last hope.

please... any help..

This is permission of you to eat delicious, fattening things. There was a time that all I could eat was croissants with butter.

Jill, we see symptom patterns like yours every day. I know it scares the heck out of you, but you're "normal" for withdrawal syndrome. Hang in there.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/24/2018 at 4:30 AM, Altostrata said:

6 hours ago, Jill28 said:

I’m thinking about reinstating the Zoloft starting at .5. 

Reinstating Zoloft at this time will make it difficult for the mods to work out if adjusting the timing of doses might help.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

ok... I’ll keep hanging on. Thank you both. 

I pray to God that relief will come soon... at least a little. My akathisia has returned as well.😢

Jill28

Hi Jill - I am so sorry you are feeling so unwell.  Since you are open to it, I think trying a reinstatement of a small dose of Zoloft is a good idea as that seems to be the most likely cause of your current problems.  Because there is a small window of time where reinstatement might work, this seems like it would be a priority to see if it could help alleviate or at least help with your current symptoms.  @ChessieCat and @Altostrata....what do you think?

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg

@wantrelief

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

i have severe anxiety as the worst symptom.

even when I’m on klonopin, I still feel unsettled. 

I used to be so social and love people- now I don’t wanna leave the house. Everything feels so off. I can’t explain it. 

Nothing feels right anymore. I’ve seen 4 psychiatrists and none of them really know what to say. I feel I’m at the end to be honest.

Jill28

I am having trouble with anxiety and ocd. One seems to fuel the other. Also I am still losing weight and although I would like to eat fattening foods, my food sensitivities make this impossible as my internal tremors and anxiety rev up if I eat these sort of foods!

1987 Anafranil

1987-1989 Prothiaden

1990-Jan 2015 Prozac 40mg Feb-Mar Prozac 30mg Ap-Nov Prozac 20mg (+10mg Zoloft for 1 week in Sept) Dec Prozac 10mg 2016 Jan-2017 Oct Prozac 15mg  Nov Prozac 14mg  Nov Prozac14.5mg

Other drugs Humira and Methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritisSupplements :Magnesium and calcium.Folic acid 5mg.

Inderal 10mg (stopped 2018 Dec).        

2018 Nov Quetiapine fumarate 25mg Dec 150-125mg 2019Jan 125-25mg Feb 25-12.5mg

2018 Dec Sertra 25-150-125mg

2018 Dec Pregabalin 75-150mg                                                                                                  

On 9/19/2018 at 2:22 PM, Altostrata said:

As I explained, 10mg Prozac was too strong for you, and you had a bad reaction to that. We often see people overdoing dosing like this, because their doctors don't understand hypersensitivity to drugs brought on by withdrawal syndrome, and insist on prescribing them "normal" dosages

@Altostrata

Per above, do people eventually heal from this since you have seen it quite frequently? I’ll post my symptom tracker shortly.

Jill28

Hello Jill 

i have just read your thread 

I am so so sorry your in this....but you have angels surrounding you here what do no more than the doctors!Listen to the Mods on here & you will be ok my friend.I know it’s scarier as anything in this world but each symtom is your nervous system re-wiring it’s self.

i think of it as this now when we get windows some parts of us are healing all in sync together.we get a wave & something inside of us is getting fixed 

healing is in  the aching 💕 your going to be just fine...you hold on & you keep repeating over & over 

every day I am healing.

This is just a chapter in all our life’s .we have to find as much coping tools as possible to make this journey a bit more comfortable along the way.

no storms last forever 

your time will come when you can put this behind you & start over 

loads of healing prays your way 

pink ♥️ Xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

@pinkfairy

thank you... did you have nausea and if so, how did you deal with it?

Jill28

Yea I have it a lot 

i drink boiled water with fresh ginger grated in it xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.