Jill28: Prozac severe anxiety

Jill28

@SkyBlue

trying everything.... meditation, yoga, bought the Claire Weeks book, EFT,  you name it. 

My akathisia has returned and that’s the worst of it all.😔

It’s weird... the past month when all the Prozac was leaving my system, I had days where I still felt ok. Now with Prozac completely gone, I feel like I’m in full withdrawal.

Jill28

march - June 19, 2018- Zoloft

August 22, 2018- August 24, 2018- Prozac

August 24 to current- clonazepam - still reducing from .25 twice a day.

August 24 to Sept 24th - Cyproheptadine 2mg

August 29- End of November Lunesta 3 mg

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jill28

• Altostrata

• Rabe

• Leo1983

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Jill28 said:

It’s weird... the past month when all the Prozac was leaving my system, I had days where I still felt ok. Now with Prozac completely gone, I feel like I’m in full withdrawal.

That makes sense. As we explained repeatedly, you had a bad reaction to Prozac because YOU TOOK TOO MUCH. As it wore off, the level in your bloodstream lowered to the right level for you, which might be as little as 0.5mg or 1mg Prozac, which sounds like it would be just as effective as Zoloft for your reinstatement.

Will your doctor prescribe liquid Prozac? If not, suggest you find a new doctor. Any doctor can prescribe these drugs, even a GYN. Sounds like you don't need the psychiatrist on your payroll, either.

I'd fire both of them. It's up to you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

I agree.... 

I think I’m running out of time, however, to make appt for new dr. Since  my reinstatement frame short.

anyhow, my zoloft is a tablet. If I crush it, can I use my mg scale to get .5 mg of the powder to consume (instead of the liquid option)?

Jill28

Never mind, y’all... I figured out how to do the liquid way. Still terrified.

Jill28

• Administrator

If I were you, I'd make a straightforward request for liquid Prozac. Speak in a firm voice, be persistent in your request, do not argue or raise your voice, don't make it a question, do not ask permission. Simply tell them you want to try it.

The suggestion of Seroquel is absurd.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata

i hear ya.

i do have another question... I totally know this is a crap shoot... 50/50 chance...

but wanted your thoughts... my CNS is sooo fragile ( like everyone else I’m sure) that I can’t even take the tiniest piece of magnesium or tiniest of supplements. Last night I slept two hrs even with lunesta. In your opinion, knowing that info,  still a 50/50 shot on reinstatement?

just wanted your thoughts.

Jill28

• Administrator

Lunesta may be going south on you. This is irrelevant to reinstatement.

Yeah... I know. Just wanted your thoughts on my CNS. Seems like most people I spoke with could at least take magnesium or something. That prob doesn’t even matter. 

I have Prozac here too so I could make the liquid form and take the .5 mg. Unless you think otherwise....

Jill28

• Administrator

We have people here who are so sensitized, they cannot tolerate magnesium or fish oil. You probably will be able to take them later.

If I were you, I would reinstate Prozac with a DIY liquid, rather than Zoloft. Be sure to get a small oral syringe, 5mL or less.

I’m scared to death of prozac now... esp with that long half life! If it went south, it’s still in my body for days...? Thoughts?

Jill28

• Administrator

You felt better when it was wearing off, then you felt worse because it was helping you at a low dose.

If I were you, I'd try 0.5mg. That's a lot less than what you tried before, correct?

If you cannot bring yourself to try Prozac again, I would make a liquid with Zoloft and take a bit of that.

Please review your topic the next time this question occurs, as we've gone over it several times.

• 2 weeks later...

@Altostrata

@brassmonkey

ok yall- can’t take it anymore. Gonna reinstate with zoloft. I do have a nice mg digital scale. 

Bad brain fog so need a little help please- I’m all alone. 

My 50 mg pill shows 1.0 mg on my scale. To get .5, would I need to see .01 on my scale?

Jill28

Yes that is correct.

Please be careful on how you list the units of measure in your posts. We need to keep it straight as to which weight you're talking about , it's real easy to get them confused. The readout on your scale is actually listed in g (grams) so the weight of a whole pill will be 1g or 1.0g on the scale it should read something like 1.000.  The strength of you pill is listed on the bottle as 50mg.  We like to refer to this as 50mgai (milligrams active ingredient) and is the weight of the actual medication in the pill with out the fillers. If you weighted just the AI the scale would show 0.050.  The dose you are looking for is measuring the weight of the AI plus some filler.  We refer to this as PW (pill weight). So a whole pill weighs 1gpw or 1000mgpw.  The dose you are looking for would be 10mgpw and would show up on the scale as 0.010.

That's probably clear as mud, so ask questions.

Brassmonkey

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

@brassmonkey

i get it. Thank you. How many days should I do this amount and then what should I move up to as long as I feel ok? Also, I didn’t crush the pill, I just broke off the correct amount. That ok too or should I crush and then measure the amount needed?

thanks for your help.

Jill28

• Administrator

How did you break off 0.5mg from a 50mg tablet?

If your doctor would give you a prescription for liquid Zoloft, measuring would be a lot easier.

@Altostrata

@brassmonkey

just used a knife to break off and measure. 

Move demanded the liquid from 2 drs and both won’t give it. They think I’m crazy. 

Is this break off method ok?

Jill28

• Administrator

Cutting off a random piece is not a good way to measure. Any doctor can prescribe these drugs. If I were you, I'd make a calm, firm request for the liquid. It will be so much easier for you.

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Called both psychiatrists and GP and both refuse. They are killing me and they honestly think I have no clue what is going on. 

They are truly killing me.

Jill28

• Administrator

Why do they refuse? Usually they're delighted to get people on antidepressants.

I can no longer leave my bedroom. 

Both dr’s refuse to put me back on the ssri due to the “reaction “ I’ve had. They will only do seroquel or remeron (sp?). 

To see my gyno is a few weeks and she’ll have to see me to prescribe... not even sure I could leave the house to get there. Feel like I am dying. Sounds dramatic... and I’m sure this is normal but it feels like my reality. 

Jill28

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/8/2018 at 8:04 AM, Altostrata said:

If I were you, I would reinstate Prozac with a DIY liquid

how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules

If you are reinstating either Prozac or Zoloft it is possible to make your own liquid.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

We have lots of people making their own liquids.

Your doctors are idiots.

I agree. 

Both doctors do not see what has happened. They are telling me I am possibly bipolar and do not believe that the Prozac did anything to me. They think it’s in my head and I just need a new drug. It’s unbelievable to me.

Jill28

• Administrator

That's understandable, they don't know anything about the drugs.

Once you get a good working relationship with a doctor, strongly recommend you fire the psychiatrists.

I will. 

Another question for you. If I decide NOT to reinstate, what are your thoughts on below:

I’ve been on klonopin.25 two times a day. It doesn’t seem to help at all now but refuse to take more. Been on it for 2 months now. 

Think it’s okay to titrate off right now or too soon for my CNS? 

Jill28

@Altostrata

hi again- I’ve done so much reading about your story and your knowledge on websites (Beyond Meds (I think is what it was called). I’ve read everything and I’m trying to learn as much as I can to heal myself. 

Ive made so many mistakes already but am determined to win this battle. I deeply regret listening to my drs and starting the lunesta and Klonopin. I’ve decided not to reinstate the Zoloft as I’m just too fearful of bad results. 

With your knowledge of what’s happened to me, 

will staying on the benzo and lunesta hamper my recovery? Just want your wisdom on my situation. I do have the cortisol and adrenaline rushes and awful insomnia even with the lunesta. It’s all a nightmare and no dr will help or believe me. Just wanted your thoughts on this as I keep researching and learning how to heal.

thank you. 

Jill28

• Administrator

Jill, among the staff, we feel you would benefit from a tiny reinstatement. Strongly recommend making your own liquid, as soon as possible.

If not Zoloft, you might request Prozac or Celexa liquid. Since your doctors want you on another SSRI, they should be delighted to get you started with a low dose.

Please do not change the benzo for now. We need to address that after you reinstate.

@Altostrata

i have both Zoloft and Celexa here. 

I can make the liquid form. 

You had mentioned.5 for Zoloft- is it the same for celexa? I do have akathisia so do you recommend one over the other?

Jill28

• Administrator
On 9/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, Jill28 said:

@Altostrata

thanks for your reply. 

I apologize for being so scattered. I have been terrified with the akathisia and severe anxiety that I truly was unable to think clearly and emotions and thoughts have been all over the place. 

the akathisia is gone and anxiety is settling down and I finally feel a bit more sane. 

Right now im taking .5 of klonopin at 11am and 6pm per my dr instructions. She’s apparently trying to calm my nervous system down with a regular schedule. I didn’t take the Cyproheptadine today since akathisia seems to be gone.

Around 11pm I take 3 mg of lunesta and am able to fall asleep fairly quickly. At first I only slept 5 hrs, but last night it was more like 8 hrs. 

Today I felt more like myself. No nausea today or morning anxiety- just bouts of sadness here and there. Still startle easily. Want to stop the lunesta but scared I won’t sleep. 

Once again, thank you for your time and thoughts.

How has this changed? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

I’m still taking the daily notes. Below sums up an average day every single day now: 

Things have gone downhill since that last post. 

Lunesta gives me 3 hrs sleep, then the rushes start. I eat a banana upon waking to relieve the nausea and that helps. Am never really able to go back to sleep due to severe sleep starts and constant rushes.

still take klonopin twice a day. Morning dose makes things worse as it makes me sleepy and causes anxiety. Evening dose is a little better. 

Akathisia comes and goes. Some days it’s here and some days not- but mostly here- about 5 days out of the week. Will come and stay for about 5 hrs.

Always feel better around 8pm until bedtime. It’s the only time I ever feel relief. 

I am am willing to try the .5 of either but would like your thoughts first on which one and if .5 is same for both. I know how to do the liquid and have the necessary tools.

once again- thx for your help.

Jill28

• Administrator

Please use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

What do you mean by akathisia?

Yes, you could try 0.5mg Prozac or Celexa, or even less if that makes you less fearful.

@Altostrata

also wanted to mention that there have been new symptoms this past week. Light sensitivity, things touching my body, noise sensitivity, etc. 

Also, in the past week, I am no longer able to leave the house. 

will put together the daily symptom notes as well to send but each day is a bit the same. I have an awful pit in my stomach that only goes away at night.

Today is 2 mo exactly from last dose of meds.

Jill28

@Altostrata

ok- will put together the symptom list. 

By akathsia- I have the constant need to pace. Can’t sit still at all. Sometimes it turns into restless legs but mostly it’s the need to move (inner and outer). 

Jill28

Here is the last week:

16th

-take lunesta 3 mg 12:00 am. wake up 3am- nauseous and eat banana- sit up and do breathing exercises to alleviate rushes. Force down breakfast and need to pace starts. 

-9:30- klonopin.25- makes me tired and causes anxiety. Need to pace never went away

6:30- klonopin.25- pacing gone but legs are restless. low level anxiety.

8:00- feel calmer. Sit in room and play games on phone

17th- same as 16th

18th- same above except no pacing today

19th- same as 16th but anxiety is more severe today. Breathing not working. 

20th

-take lunesta 3mg 12:00am and slept til 5 today.

-9:30 klonopin .25 no pacing but anxiety still

-6:30 klonopin .25 and anxiety and pacing still

21st

same as 16th but paced all day. 

22nd- everything the same except was calmer from 2:00-5:00. Can no longer play games on phone. Sensitive to light now.

23rd- all same except slept an extra hr. Woke up with awful pit in stomach and began to pace. 

Also- a side note- my naturopath tried to give me 3 drops of dopamine and i had a bad reaction to it (same with tiny pieces of magnesium or fish oil). 

Lastly, as you’ve discussed, the Prozac was just too strong- felt buzzing all over body for 3 days.

Hope this is clear....

upon reading this symptom list, if you still think reinstatement could possibly work, please let me know. 

Jill28

• Administrator

I've repeatedly explained that you took too much Prozac. If you feel safer with Celexa, you might try that.

Jill, we've suggested reinstatement like 9 times already.

@Altostrata

I know I’m driving you crazy!

ok- I’ve made my solution and going to take 3 ml of Zoloft. 

Jill28