Mmmm: looking to reinstate cymbalta, would appreciate advice

MMMM

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:05 AM, MMMM said:

I still get that feeling-- like my body is starving for something. I find myself sometimes drinking orange juice, or eating various things hoping that some missing nutrient will provide some relief. I try to do self care, etc (last night I went to a yin yoga class), but I can't seem to get a moment's peace.

Yes I can relate to that.

Anhedonia to the point of painfulness?

Yes. THAT.

I don't know but whatever it is, it feels unbearable. I am contemplating moving home with my parents as it feels so tenuous to be living on my own while feeling so unwell. But the thing is, sadly, I know they can't really do anything to help. I will feel just as miserable there.

I had to move back in with a long term ex and best friend of mine whos agreed to support me how ever long it takes. It was a very hard decision but one I don't regret because working was beyond what I could bare and living on my own when I was suicidal was frankly dangerous for me. Personally I'd say,  that if you have support out there and it doesn't mean burning too many bridges, access it. Remove all pressure and stress in your life. If you aren't capable of feeling good  at the moment at least hopefully this will mean you don't feel quite as bad. The only thing you have to do now is heal. How informed are your parents about what you're going through? What do they understand about antidepressant withdrawal? My ex was good and has done a fair bit of research  on it and we have had so many conversations over the past year. He's amazingly tolerant of my mood swings, apathy, outbursts and general mental dishevelment. Honestly I would not be getting through this with out him. If you think it'll help, likewise make things as easy as possible for your self.

I'm glad to know that some of your symptoms have gotten better. I hope that trend continues. You sound like you are doing a good job of staying the course. Best wishes.

One foot in front of the other. If you're anything like me  progress will be glacial, but it'll be progress none the less. I know 'comfort' is feeling that you probably only remember rather then are capable of feeling right now, but I hope it does console you when I say things really do get better. Hang in there.

Citalopram. Briefly early twenties, no ill effects seemingly. Don't remember dose.

Sertraline on and off for ten years.  I was ignorant and started and stopped frequently. Doses of 50, 75 and 100. I can not recall/did not record dates prior to 2018.

JANUARY 2018: Last period of use was was 150mg of sertraline on 14/01/18  (which triggered extreme depression and anxiety that never settled, amongst other symptoms). I then tapered to 100mg in March (15/03/18), then down to 75mg in April(01/04/18) , 50mg later (11/04/18) 25mg in May  (16/05/18),  and was at 0mg in June (02/06/18).

Mirtazapine 15mg 01/08/18- 02/10/18, 15mg (6 weeks at 15mg the two week taper). - caused deeply unpleasant waves of extreme anxiety, depression, zombie state and mania.

Still on 40mg of Propranolol twice a day since April 2018. Supplements: Fish oil, Magnesium, Vit B6