Jenisgoingoffmeds: Lamictal, Prozac

Jenisgoingoffmeds

Recently went off 2 meds cold turkey.   Low doses so thought I’d be ok, but having anxiety, depression, insomnia, noise sensitivity.

Off if lamictal 5 mg for 7 weeks (only in for 1 year or so).  Off Prozac 10 mg for 5 weeks (was on for 4/5 years).   

What now?  Think it’s to long to go back and taper off.   Wondering how long this will last—. Especially the bd depression.  And always worry if it’s withdrawal it just me off meds.   How long should I wait out?  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jen, and welcome to SA.

Yes, the psych drugs are very powerful and going off even a low dose can be difficult and unfortunately cause withdrawal symptoms.

Please help us out by creating a brief drug signature, using these instructions: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18343-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Some people choose to reinstate a very, very small dose, and get stable, then taper off more slowly to minimize withdrawal symptoms.

Here is more info on reinstatement (esp the first post by Altostrata): https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

We generally see best results with a slow taper, as described here: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

Let us know what you think of the reinstatement info. 

This will be your Introductory thread, a place for you to ask questions, receive support, and share your journey. Welcome.

Edited by SkyBlue
spaces

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• SkyBlue changed the title to Jenisgoingoffmeds: Lamictal, Prozac