Ripley66: weaning off Seroquel / quetiapine

Ripley66

I just have one more concern. 

I am definitely on the upswing now, the stomach problems are way better today, and each day has gotten better and better, and I feel much less anxiety now that I've reinstated. 

I now realize just how long this will take to get off of this horrible drug.

I did read that the longer you stay on, the harder it is to get off. So this seems to be a double edged sword.

I have to go even slower than I was before, which means more time this drug will be in my system...but will this also mean it will increase in difficulty in getting off?

It seems as though I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Of course, I am choosing to go extremely slow, even if it takes years to get off.

I now know that this definitely was not a relapse into another clinical depressive episode, which was my worry last week. Because the dose I am at now I am pretty sure is not a dose that would act as a mood stabilizer. And my main symptoms were adrenaline and GI issues, I did not sense any depressive symptoms in severity.

So to avoid that terrible anxiety and GI issues I absolutely have to go slow, as my system is extremely hypersensitive. 

But I worry with each passing month...year...etc...it will just get harder and harder, as my body will have been on it for 2+ years.

Thoughts?

February 24 2018 - Placed on Seroquel XR 100 mg and Seroquel IR 50 mg.

Present date - Tapered to 100 mg and withdrawaled.

Reinstatement of 125 mg Seroquel July 15, 2018

*slow taper by 6.25 mg every 3-4 weeks over the course of a year. Reached 25 mg with minimal withdrawal.

July 15, 2019 - tapered 25 mg to 12.5 mg - severe withdrawal, reinstated to 12.5 mg @ 8 pm and 12.5 mg at 930 pm due to bad panic sensations when the medication kicked in.

September 15, 2019 - continuing withdrawal symptoms but no change in dose. Holding steady at 25 mg split between two doses in the evening.

8 minutes ago, Ripley66 said:

I just have one more concern. 

I am definitely on the upswing now, the stomach problems are way better today, and each day has gotten better and better, and I feel much less anxiety now that I've reinstated. 

I now realize just how long this will take to get off of this horrible drug.

I did read that the longer you stay on, the harder it is to get off. So this seems to be a double edged sword.

I have to go even slower than I was before, which means more time this drug will be in my system...but will this also mean it will increase in difficulty in getting off?

It seems as though I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Of course, I am choosing to go extremely slow, even if it takes years to get off.

I now know that this definitely was not a relapse into another clinical depressive episode, which was my worry last week. Because the dose I am at now I am pretty sure is not a dose that would act as a mood stabilizer. And my main symptoms were adrenaline and GI issues, I did not sense any depressive symptoms in severity.

So to avoid that terrible anxiety and GI issues I absolutely have to go slow, as my system is extremely hypersensitive. 

But I worry with each passing month...year...etc...it will just get harder and harder, as my body will have been on it for 2+ years.

Thoughts?

I often wonder this myself too.  I look forward to what the moderaters and others have to say.  It seems like a no win situation, stay on it longer and risk it being harder to get off because of the time or go off so very slow and still be on it so long.  I beat myself up everyday now.  why did i even start with these meds again?  but i guess we cannot go back.  only forward.  I hope it goes well for you!  i wish you luck.    I am on this drug as well, a sleeping dose of 25 mg a night.  right now, im not touching it , just looking to taper off my AD.  but in reading things like this i myself panic - only tapering one right now means all the longer i am on the others and all the harder it may be.  I say may, because there is always the chance and hope that it will not be so bad.  we just don't know.    

9/2018- lexapro low dose few days.11/3/2018- zoloft 2 days

11/7/18  - 11/15/18 - Prozac 9 days, from 10 mg for week, to 20

11/16  inpatient put on Lexapro for a few days, Cymbalta, 2 days

11/24-12/8 - gabapentin 100 mg 3xs per day - a very fast taper

1/7 - tbuspar for  three days- blurry vision, jerky eye

1/17/19 - 2/15/19- mirtazapine 15 mg - started taper on 1/30 

2/20/19 gabapentin 600 mg. .  12/20-  taper finished

2/20/19 - seroquel 25 mg current - taken  10 pm

2/20/19- luvox (generic) 25 mg.  4/6/19  to 18.75 mg .held  . Started taper again  1/7/21- 15 mg, 2/7/21- 12.5 mg, 3/7/21 -10 mg, 4/1/21- 9 mg, 5/1/21- 8.1 mg, 5/27/21- updose to 10 mg,  6/21-  in patient updose to 50 mg,  6/25/21- reduce to 10 mg (current) .  9/5- split dose 5mg am/5 mg pm.  9/20- 4 mg am/5 mg pm . 

9/1/21-  took one dose of vistril 50 mg.   

9/1/21-accidental double dose of seroquel- 50 mg 

1 minute ago, BfromNJ said:

I often wonder this myself too.  I look forward to what the moderaters and others have to say.  It seems like a no win situation, stay on it longer and risk it being harder to get off because of the time or go off so very slow and still be on it so long.  I beat myself up everyday now.  why did i even start with these meds again?  but i guess we cannot go back.  only forward.  I hope it goes well for you!  i wish you luck.    I am on this drug as well, a sleeping dose of 25 mg a night.  right now, im not touching it , just looking to taper off my AD.  but in reading things like this i myself panic - only tapering one right now means all the longer i am on the others and all the harder it may be.  I say may, because there is always the chance and hope that it will not be so bad.  we just don't know.    

Postpartum I was in an agitated mixed state of mania and depression (Im not bipolar though...), it was a weird hormone driven biological depression and it was awful and Seroquel was the only thing that extinguished it, so for that reason I had to go on and not by choice, without it I would not have survived, but its such a cruel thing...its cruel that doctors will not even acknowledge the withdrawal, its cruel they take you off way too fast, then when you withdrawal they just tell you to stay on forever. Its cruel that they dont believe you, scoff at you for questioning their knowledge for asking questions. The way I've been treated since I entered the world of psychiatry has been horrendous to say the least. 

*slow taper by 6.25 mg every 3-4 weeks over the course of a year. Reached 25 mg with minimal withdrawal.

July 15, 2019 - tapered 25 mg to 12.5 mg - severe withdrawal, reinstated to 12.5 mg @ 8 pm and 12.5 mg at 930 pm due to bad panic sensations when the medication kicked in.

September 15, 2019 - continuing withdrawal symptoms but no change in dose. Holding steady at 25 mg split between two doses in the evening.

1 minute ago, Ripley66 said:

Postpartum I was in an agitated mixed state of mania and depression (Im not bipolar though...), it was a weird hormone driven biological depression and it was awful and Seroquel was the only thing that extinguished it, so for that reason I had to go on and not by choice, without it I would not have survived, but its such a cruel thing...its cruel that doctors will not even acknowledge the withdrawal, its cruel they take you off way too fast, then when you withdrawal they just tell you to stay on forever. Its cruel that they dont believe you, scoff at you for questioning their knowledge for asking questions. The way I've been treated since I entered the world of psychiatry has been horrendous to say the least. 

Also I wanted to say, 25 mg is a baby dose and its good you're only on such a small amount. My dose was small too given the severity of my mental illness. I was only ever on 175 mg. Most people with what I had were put on 300 mg+ in the hospital. 

You could look into compounding pharmacies possibly and request liquid Quetiapine. I was told they do this in my area. That way you can taper by extremely small microdoses and maybe avoid withdrawal. 

It was ultimately the XR version of this drug that hurt me the most. Because it only comes in 50 mg tablets, and cannot be split, you are forced to taper by 50 mg, and it is hell.

Im at the point now where I have accepted that this will take years. And I have to go at a snails pace and just do what I can to cope when symptoms arise. It is possible to get off, its just challenging and takes a very long time.

17 minutes ago, Ripley66 said:

I completely agree.  Im so sorry to hear what you went through.  Hormones can be tough.  I am dealing with this myself, I am perimenopausal, estrogen dominant.  In hindsight, I wish I had tried the hormone replacement route instead of the meds. 

2/20/19- luvox (generic) 25 mg.  4/6/19  to 18.75 mg .held  . Started taper again  1/7/21- 15 mg, 2/7/21- 12.5 mg, 3/7/21 -10 mg, 4/1/21- 9 mg, 5/1/21- 8.1 mg, 5/27/21- updose to 10 mg,  6/21-  in patient updose to 50 mg,  6/25/21- reduce to 10 mg (current) .  9/5- split dose 5mg am/5 mg pm.  9/20- 4 mg am/5 mg pm . 

• 4 months later...

Hey Alto - I made a stupid mistake with my medication again! I'm not sure what is going on but I feel just awful and need guidance.

I was stable on 25 mg of Seroquel for quite some time (several months). Suddenly, when I took it, my heart would thud thud thus out of my chest for the first hour or so that is kicked in. I did not like this side effect at all, so I decided to tamper with my dose and I definitely was stupid and did it wrong, to avoid this thudding.

At first I just took 6.25 mg at 8 pm, then another 6.25 mg at 930 pm. The another 6.25 mg in the morning when I woke up. I had no heart thudding for 2 days.

After two days enter withdrawal. I have such severe nausea, but the derealization and rolling panic attacks are by far the most distressing. 

I reinstated to 25 mg about 4 days ago. 12.5 mg at 9 pm and 12.5 mg at 10 pm. I still keep it split by one hour to prevent the heart thuds. When I take it this way, my heart does not thud.

Usually when I reinstate fast my withdrawal lets up after a while quickly but this time its more powerful and lingering on and on and on and I have no idea what to do or how to cope. I am waking up super early in the morning hours and having a hard time eating. Im having panic attacks like crazy and wondering what my next move should be, or what I can do to cope with these symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

Some investigative questions:

Q:  Has the brand / generic been changed at all recently?

Q:  Is it possible that you have accidentally missed a dose?

Q:  Have you changed your drug schedule at all?

Q:  Are your tablets past the expiry date or kept under the bad conditions (eg heat, too cold, moisture)?

Q:  Have your stopped taking some other supplement?

Q:  Has the brand / generic been changed at all recently?

Q:  Is it possible that you have accidentally missed a dose?

Q:  Are your tablets past the expiry date or kept under the bad conditions (eg heat, too cold, moisture)?

Q:  Are you taking any other psychiatric drugs, benzo, antibiotics, supplements etc?

Q:  Have your stopped taking some other supplement?

Q:  Have you been drinking alcohol or caffeine?

Q:  Is there anything that has changed, eg sickness, additional stress, reduced sleep, travelling?

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ripley66: weaning off Seroquel / quetiapine

Some investigative questions:

Q:  Has the brand / generic been changed at all recently? No

Q:  Is it possible that you have accidentally missed a dose? My dosage was explained above

Q:  Have you changed your drug schedule at all? This was already explained

Q:  Are your tablets past the expiry date or kept under the bad conditions (eg heat, too cold, moisture)? No

Q:  Have your stopped taking some other supplement? No

Q:  Has the brand / generic been changed at all recently? No

Q:  Is it possible that you have accidentally missed a dose? Dosage was explained above

Q:  Are your tablets past the expiry date or kept under the bad conditions (eg heat, too cold, moisture)? No

Q:  Are you taking any other psychiatric drugs, benzo, antibiotics, supplements etc? No

Q:  Have your stopped taking some other supplement? No

Q:  Have you been drinking alcohol or caffeine? Coffee in morning

Q:  Is there anything that has changed, eg sickness, additional stress, reduced sleep, travelling? Additional stress, lots of stress

Edited by ChessieCat
bolded responses

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for asking the already answered questions.  I copied the main portion from another post I made and forgot to delete the irrelevant ones.

26 minutes ago, Ripley66 said:

Q:  Is there anything that has changed, eg sickness, additional stress, reduced sleep, travelling? Additional stress, lots of stress

Q:  Did the additional stress start prior to the new symptoms?

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus
30 minutes ago, Ripley66 said:

Q:  Have you been drinking alcohol or caffeine? Coffee in morning

Please answer whether you have been drinking alcohol.

I thought it was implied that by saying "coffee in morning" you knew it was a no to alcohol. I was under high stress and had some anxiety for a few weeks during some health tests which turned out to be nothing major. My regular anxiety is manageable, this is an out of control desperate feeling with extreme nausea and pounding heart all day long. I've already been to the emergency room and they cleared me saying this is medication related and I have an appt with my psychiatrist but not for 2 weeks.

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, Ripley66 said:

I thought it was implied that by saying "coffee in morning" you knew it was a no to alcohol.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.  We have had some members who have not told us about their alcohol use and we have spent a lot of time trying to find what might have caused an increase in their symptoms only to find down the track that they were drinking alcohol.  I am also aware that some people drink alcohol during times of stress so because you were going through stress I thought that there was a possibility that you may have been drinking to "help" with the stress.

I've asked the other mods for assistance.

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to be asking so many questions.

Q:  Did you have to take anything during the tests, eg sedation, or have a dye injection (I had to have one yesterday for a kidney cyst CT scan).

• Administrator
On 8/28/2019 at 2:22 AM, Ripley66 said:

Hey Alto - I made a stupid mistake with my medication again! I'm not sure what is going on but I feel just awful and need guidance.

I was stable on 25 mg of Seroquel for quite some time (several months). Suddenly, when I took it, my heart would thud thud thus out of my chest for the first hour or so that is kicked in. I did not like this side effect at all, so I decided to tamper with my dose and I definitely was stupid and did it wrong, to avoid this thudding.

At first I just took 6.25 mg at 8 pm, then another 6.25 mg at 930 pm. The another 6.25 mg in the morning when I woke up. I had no heart thudding for 2 days.

After two days enter withdrawal. I have such severe nausea, but the derealization and rolling panic attacks are by far the most distressing. 

I reinstated to 25 mg about 4 days ago. 12.5 mg at 9 pm and 12.5 mg at 10 pm. I still keep it split by one hour to prevent the heart thuds. When I take it this way, my heart does not thud.

Usually when I reinstate fast my withdrawal lets up after a while quickly but this time its more powerful and lingering on and on and on and I have no idea what to do or how to cope. I am waking up super early in the morning hours and having a hard time eating. Im having panic attacks like crazy and wondering what my next move should be, or what I can do to cope with these symptoms.

Very confused. Your signature says you reinstated 125mg Seroquel July 15, but you're talking about taking 25mg per day. How did your dosage change?

Well, you know what you did. Not sure what else I can say. You've triggered withdrawal symptoms and neurological instability. If you keep everything stable, this probably will take a while to go away.

If whatever amount of Seroquel you were taking caused irregular heartbeat, that is a serious adverse effect. How did the ER determine the drug was causing this?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

This feels mean, and I don't understand why. Im trying to explain the absolute best I can.

Ive been tapering by 6.25 mg over 1.8 years. I have not been on 125 mg since 2018......I think you are confusing the dates. Since then Ive gotten to 25 mg. Usually I have no problem, until recently when I got below 25 mg.

They did an ekg and my heart is fine.

It just beats like Im having a panic attack when it kicks in. 

• Administrator

Please correct your signature, it says 125mg Seroquel since July 15.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:22 AM, Ripley66 said:

Are you still taking the split Seroquel dose? The heartbeat symptom is not happening? Everything seems settled down?

My guess is your system became sensitized and it finds 25mg Seroquel at once to be too sedating. The heart thudding is a paradoxical effect.

If I were you, I'd relax a while on the split dose, then start slowly tapering the earlier dose, leaving the evening dose for later.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

I did as you suggested. It took a while but the absolute worst of it calmed down. I do though - think that splitting the dose had some impact as well in why I feel so garbage. Do you think taking 12.5 2x over the course of a couple of hours would cause any symptoms? Or is this all from the original taper do you think?

Im not having the heart effects as long as I keep each dose at 12.5 mg.

I am functioning, definitely not at the point where I want to run screaming to the doctor for relief. But I am noticing a VERY obvious pattern now. At 5 pm every single night after feeling fine all day I suddenly experience increased anxiety, dizziness, restlessness and acid reflux. It is also accompanied by waves of severe nausea. I am assuming these are waves of withdrawal still? 

It has been 7 weeks of this now, the progression back up is taking longer than it ever has. Maybe this is because as you get closer and closer to zero it becomes more severe?

Usually my withdrawal (and I get it EVERY time I taper) only lasts maximum 2 weeks. And I usually dont have this much dizziness. It isn't vertigo, Im pretty sure its dizziness with associated derealization from extreme anxiety. It almost makes me feel like there is something going on in my inner ear. Acid reflux usually makes me dizzy too and I have a lot of that lately. 

Overall I think the worst is over but these residual symptoms are gross. I know you cant give a timeline as everyone is different. But I dont plan on changing my med dose for quite some time until I am absolutely stabilized. I just hope this doesnt go on indefinitely. 

Akathisia - Just looking for information.

Hello - I am sorry if this post belongs somewhere else, if so, please move to where appropriate. 

I have found this site so unbelievably life saving over the past 2 year journey I ended up on after a bout of severe postpartum. So firstly, thank you. Seriously, without this site I do not know how I would have coped.

I was hoping to ask a question regarding something that happened to me 2 years ago (this is how this all started). I had severe postpartum depression, but I had never had true depression prior to that. I knew it was hormone-linked, and something very whacky was going on related to those hormones as I had NEVER experienced physical symptoms such as that (severe lethargy, despair, inability to get out of bed).

Then something shifted. I was bad, believe me, but the second they gave me Escitalopram - that night after taking dose 1, at 3 am, my eyes popped open, and I was pacing around in circles screaming from the sheer terror and adrenaline. I suddenly became agitated, and could not stop moving. Over the course of 4 months, I could not sit still long enough to read a book or a movie. I had insomnia and could not eat, and lost 30 pounds. I felt electrical sparks on my head and arms like I was being shocked at times. But the most distressing thing of all was that I felt like I had woken up into some kind of horrific nightmare. There were these waves of doom, dread and despair, like someone died, accompanied by a frantic anxiety like no other, a constant panic and internal terror. I remember thinking it was worse than death...doctors gave me Prozac. Another SSRI. Which only made the internal sensations worse...

All of this went on for 4 months. It stopped once I called 911 on myself, fearing I was going to die, and they put me on Seroquel. I was taken off SSRIs completely that night. The next day, it was all over. The nightmare was over and I spent the next 6 months recovering from what felt like a traumatic brain injury. 

I feel I have PTSD from this experience. Every time I experience withdrawal on the Seroquel, I experience pieces of that event, it never gets to that level in severity, but I recognize many symptoms similar to what I went through postpartum.

My question is - this sounds an awful lot like akathisia, triggered by the Escitalopram and sustained by the Prozac over 4 months until I was taken off. Am I correct in saying this? Or was this not medication induced, and a part of my mental illness? 

I am not looking for any medical advice I am just wondering if this was akathisia and how to tell the difference between your illness and what is the medication.

How do we all know that we have withdrawal when we originally had a mental illness that caused us to take the medication in the first place? How do you know which is you and what is the medication? 

Im sorry if this has been answered before, but I would really love to hear input. And if what I had possibly could have been akathisia. I should add it only went away after stopping the SSRIs and commencing Seroquel. 

Thanks so much

Edited by ChessieCat
added space

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the info. It is really hard to say what happened I suppose. But it is in the past.

For now - I am functioning, and I even had 2 days where I felt almost normal.

Mornings are still difficult - I have increased anxiety, panic sensations and derealization. By noon or so I end up feeling practically normal. What does this mean?? Is there anything that can be done for this morning anxiety? I am usually not like this during these hours in the day.

I really hate this derealization feeling. It feels like Im in a dream. Its not extremely intense, its just very uncomfortable and I cant stop worrying this will last forever because I was an idiot and did a major change with my dose without thinking of the consequences. 

I am seeing my psychiatrist soon and I am concerned about this meeting. I fear he will want to start me on something new to combat these symptoms - but this is bad, right? Should I do nothing and wait this out? He mentioned over the phone he may give me propanolol for the somatic anxiety symptoms...should I say no to this? 

I am terrified to tip the scales further. But this is very uncomfortable. It is coming in waves, with mornings being the worst. The rest of the day I feel ok. But still can sense in the background that something is just "off". 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ripley

I can't tell you what To do, plus I'm new on this forum but if I were you I wouldn't take any other med.

You wrote : "I am functionning and I even had 2 days when I felt almost normal " : I think it would be too bad To add  something new now that you have pleasant Windows. 

All my best

Ps : sorry for my English 

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Does anyone know if its safe to take CBD oil ? Im only on 25 mg seroquel at night, this is my only medication. 

Do you think coffee extends recovery time? Oddly, coffee makes me feel really good - so I keep drinking it, but I don't want to tip the scales.

Im feeling ok these days, I don't have akathisia or anything, I have waves about once a day where suddenly I lose my appetite and have derealization. Derealization was actually my very first symptom when I tapered 2 months ago only back then it was more insidious in nature, now its waves of it, almost like my ears are clogged and Im underwater? 

Im still having a hard time eating in the day but I can eat tons at night when my dose kicks in.

Overall Im not really suffering, Im just kind of worried because I am still not fully myself, and I usually feel ok after a short amount of time...this has been 2 months now and I still don't feel like "me".

I took CBD regularily before the medication for anxiety. It helped me majorly. Will this interact with seroquel even if I took it in the early morning and I do not take seroquel until evening?

Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ripley!

I'm not a mod but I would hardly recommend you To not take the CBD oil.

It seems that you're brain is trying To heal, I wouldn't add anything and risk getting worse.

Many of us here are in hard times because of wanting To accelerate the process.

Even if you took it regularly before, your CNS is now in a different situation. 

Take care.

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

1 hour ago, Erell said:

Hi Ripley!

I'm not a mod but I would hardly recommend you To not take the CBD oil.

It seems that you're brain is trying To heal, I wouldn't add anything and risk getting worse.

Many of us here are in hard times because of wanting To accelerate the process.

Even if you took it regularly before, your CNS is now in a different situation. 

Take care.

Thanks, I think I agree. Im always so scared of destabilizing more...I have two young children and a husband in the Coast Guard. I have to maintain functioning.

I feel like I should consider myself lucky because my symptoms now are not severe anymore. But its this feeling like Ive lost pieces of myself. Not feeling 100% myself bothers me. I spend 90% of the day thinking about my symptoms but when I am well I just live life without thinking about medication or WD at all...

I feel like I am not bouncing back fully yet because I went to Hawaii from Aug 28-Sep 8. There is a seven hour time difference. I had to skip a dose on the plane because I was alone with my son and had to remain alert during the three flights.

Anyway sorry to ramble, thanks so much for the response, Ill not add new things and wait it out.

• Moderator Emeritus

Don't be sorry, I totally understand  :)

Current medication :

I saw my psychiatrist today. I told him I had withdrawal nausea and headaches and he immediately wrote me a script for Buspirone!

Even for a million dollars I would not take it right now! 

Its scary realizing that in mental health its hard trusting the help offered to you. If my medical doctor told me I needed antibiotics I'd take them immediately. But mental health doctors, they scare me in how little they seem to listen. 

45 minutes ago, Ripley66 said:

I saw my psychiatrist today. I told him I had withdrawal nausea and headaches and he immediately wrote me a script for Buspirone!

Even for a million dollars I would not take it right now! 

Its scary realizing that in mental health its hard trusting the help offered to you. If my medical doctor told me I needed antibiotics I'd take them immediately. But mental health doctors, they scare me in how little they seem to listen. 

That's ridiculous.   

Does anyone here have an anxious stomach in withdrawal?

Can I take Tecta or will this effect my CNS? Sorry if this info already exists somewhere.

Is there a link between Seroquel and rosacea and blepharitis?

I know this isn't medical advice, Im just wondering why for the past year and a half my face has looked like a rocky crater.

I had postpartum so I suspect hormones may also be at play.

My GP has no advice regarding my skin.

Does anyone have these conditions as a result of their medication?

6 am to 3 pm  - derealization, tension headaches, acid reflux, ear pressure and nausea.

4 pm - 7 pm - almost symptom free. Large windows where I feel ok.

I feel like this is because of my trip to Hawaii. The time changes etc.

I wish I could ask how many more weeks before Im fully ok again but I know thats impossible info. 

Being as patient as I can...its so hard when I have young kids to take care of, and a husband who is gone to sea for months at a time.

Thanks everyone for letting me ramble. Im in a wave this morning and trying to stay distracted. 

Things that help: saying "what can I do right now to feel better?", tea, and funny videos. Im also trying to get out in the sun with my kids but Im so hypersensitive the sun is SUPER bright and piercing! I feel like Gollum in this. 

The hardest part for me is keeping up with life while treading water. My mom wants to take me out, my kids need to get out, I have to attend family functions.

I have to pretend Im ok all the time and this is exhausting. Its like going to work with a severe hangover. My family does not understand withdrawal. My mom actually gets mad that I get sick.

The struggle is real! 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I am 100% stabilized. 

I read stories of people who spend much longer times in the horrible withdrawal state.

I guess Im posting this for anyone who messes up and tapers to fast on Seroquel.

I know everyone is different. But for me, when I made a major change I had to hold after reinstating a bit for 2.5 months.

The very last thing to go was the morning cortisol.

Trying to taper this last little bit is becoming tiresome.

I just wanted to post this update for anyone reading. Thanks for all the help everyone, I greatly appreciate it.

This was the longest amount of time I ever experienced withdrawal after reinstating. I am so relieved I can now move forward.