Adili13

Adili13: Paxil withdrawal - questions and concerns

powerback

hi A this is  late for me to be up but when I seen your message it pulled on my heart.

yes this is a set back but withdrawl isn't linier ,its up and down.

A breakup is a big emotional stressor,so its only natural to feel it .

please take your time off work to recuperate,ruminating wont help ,god do I know that.

its all windows and waves ,its hard to remember this when we are in the worst of it.

dig deep and keep focused.

its tough at times that's for sure.

Peace and take care 🙏

bheb

Hello! Checking in as someone who's also gone through a breakup during this. Well, actually more than one...I'm in college so I guess that's how it goes..

I completely empathize with you. At times, I thought to myself 'there's no way I can deal with akathisia (my main symptom) and this emotional stress. i cannot bear it.' But I have. One boyfriend did something pretty awful to me last year and it really messed with me for months. I am still dealing with it today, but it gets better. Hang in there. 

Oh and as far as destablization, stress can definitely mess with your CNS. I can't say for sure how it has affected me but my life stress has likely set me back some. But I wouldn't worry it will totally screw you up or anything. It will just be an uptick probably, but a good thing to note..because you can track the cause of your worsening symptoms, and as the pain from the breakup lessens, and you learn to cope, your symptoms should calm down too.

Adili13

Thanks a lot guys. I truly appreciate your responses. It just blows my mind that an outside stressor can bring all the symptoms back. I guess it makes sense for me bc of how serious and committed the relationship was. I’m just trying not to catastrophize. Thanks again guys, I truly appreciate it. 

Carmie

Hi Adili, 

I’m sorry the stresses in your life ramped up your symptoms. Yes, any kind of stress can ramp up our symptoms. It doesn’t matter whether it’s physical, emotional or mental stress. Even good stress can ramp up our symptoms, like going on a holiday or special events. Anything that ramps up our central nervous system can ramp up our symptoms. 

I hope your symptoms settle down soon💚

Adili13

Hey everyone. It seems the added trauma of the breakup has put me at an all time low. I wake up in a panic, panic throughout the day, and experience severe dp nonstop. It’s honestly made me extremely suicidal. Luckily, I’ve quit my job and moved back in with my parents to let them care for me. It’s simply become too much for me to handle. I’ve thought of adding a mood stabilizer to curb symptoms. Even thought of upping the Paxil again, though I’m sure that wouldn’t do anything. Any words of encouragement are appreciated during this very dark time. 

Altostrata

Are you getting regular sleep? What is your sleep schedule? That can be very important.

Adili13

Actually, it’s a little erratic. I go to sleep at a different time every night and usually wake up at 6:30ish to take meds. Usually, i crawl back into bed after this only to wake up in an hour or two to a massive cortisol spike. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night. 

Adili13

I also nap during the day often out of sheer exhaustion. 

PerAsperaAdAstra

Hi Adili13! A shame to hear that you're having such a hard time with your breakup still. I hope you will feel better soon. You must have had a good relationship with her as you feel so bad about breaking up.

Despite all that it's good to hear that you're safe at your parents' house and have a base from which you can work on getting out of this difficult situation.

Adili13

Thanks. I also took a Valium about 8 days ago. I’m wondering if that through things off for me too now. Seems like everything got worse after that 

ChessieCat
7 hours ago, Adili13 said:

I also took a Valium about 8 days ago.

Please add the date and dose of the Valium to your drug signature.  Have there been any other times you have taken it?  If yes, please add these to your drug signature too.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Adili13

No, that was the only time. I took 10 mags about 8 days ago. So that would be 3/10 at like 9:00 pm

Adili13

I’m also considering reinstating to 20 mgs. My panic attacks/obsessive looping thoughts have been out of control and pretty- near constant. Thinking of reinstating to 20 until things settle down 

Adili13

I’m also considering reinstating to 20 mgs. My panic attacks/obsessive looping thoughts have been out of control and pretty- near constant. Thinking of reinstating to 20 until things settle down 

Adili13

Essentially, I’ve had a nervous breakdown. I spend my days forcing myself out of the house at least once or twice and spend the rest of the day inside worrying about panicking. I’ve tried the Claire weekend method of accepting and floating but find I can’t stop the obsessions and fears. (I know true acceptance comes in not trying to stop anything). I’m basically at my wit’s end with anxiety and stress and am truly thinking about giving up. 

powerback
12 minutes ago, Adili13 said:

Essentially, I’ve had a nervous breakdown. I spend my days forcing myself out of the house at least once or twice and spend the rest of the day inside worrying about panicking. I’ve tried the Claire weekend method of accepting and floating but find I can’t stop the obsessions and fears. (I know true acceptance comes in not trying to stop anything). I’m basically at my wit’s end with anxiety and stress and am truly thinking about giving up. 

Ive been were you are A and will again before withdrawl releases me ,please phone or text a helpline .

im actually in a window today after a hellish time ,its the meds not you ,believe this ,I do deeply empathise with you but theres always another option.

Hopefully a mod can recommend a dose for you .focus on deep breathes in and out when your in crisis,i know this seems silly but keep your focus away from dark thoughts that are neuro and not your own .

Be safe 

Longroadhome
On 9/8/2018 at 10:11 PM, Adili13 said:

Hello,

I have been on Ssris for the past ten years, different doses and different meds. I started on lexapro 20 mg when I was 18 and get great for years. When I hit 22 I started lowering my meds due to side effects and simply being uncomfortable being on meds. I got down to about 10 mgs and stayed there for a while. 2 years ago I did a fast taper and got down to 5 mgs way too fast. I experienced withdrawal really bad without knowing what it was and thought I was relapsing on anxiety/depression. For a year I messed around trying to find the right med and trying to find the right combo. I now realize meds were a problem all along and all I want is to feel normal and be off of them. I also realize I’m going through withdrawal and have to be patient. Ok, time to backtrack. Eventually I decided to go on paxil about a year ago after trying a slew of other Ssris. The reason being that my dad takes it and I thought it would help me out. Bad idea. I quickly got up to 37.5 mg in only about 4 months bc it didn’t seem to be helping. After this, I decided meds weren’t the answer and started dropping my dose, not knowing the correct method or pace. My first drop was to 25 mg controlled release and it was horrific. I decided to wait for a while before making and other drops. About 5 months. Back in may of this year I dropped again to 20 mgs regular release. I’ve been experience protracted withdrawal for almost 4 months now from that drop. Things seem to gradually be improving, but I just hit another bad wave and am looking for advice/support. Also, I’ve been on different doses of Ssris for a long time. Since I was 18 and I’m 28 now. I’m thinking about jsut holding head until I feel good before tapering the correct way. I just don’t know how long I should wait, or when it’s time to start again. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!! 

Hello adili I’m wd from Paxil and same as you my first half taper was too fast and I have strong wd symptoms . It’s been 10 weeks and I still have a way to go to stabilise. But I have had a couple of better days recently . I was wondering how it’s going for you now ?  

Adili13

Thanks powerback. Yeah, it’s been super rough. I don’t even know if it’s withdrawal or not. I’m sure lowering drugs a few months ago hasn’t helped tho 

Adili13

It only got super bad after my breakup, tho, it wasn’t great before that and I was still having suicidal days. Idk, it’s so confusing/frustrating

Longroadhome
On 10/9/2018 at 7:42 PM, Adili13 said:

Wondering if anyone has any advice for the head pressure/headache symptoms. I’ve always gotten headaches, even before meds, so wondering if it’s possibly unrelated(tho I think it is). Don’t wanna take Tylenol every day and need to know holistic methods/supplements or if seeing a neurologist is a good idea. Or if that’ll just trigger my ocd and it’s kinda pointless(btw, I have ocd) 

The headaches you are having are exactly like mine and I’m in wd how are you now ?

PerAsperaAdAstra
19 hours ago, Adili13 said:

Thanks. I also took a Valium about 8 days ago. I’m wondering if that through things off for me too now. Seems like everything got worse after that 

I can only speak for myself but Valium made me really depressed from time to time. I was already really anxious so I cannot say anything about what effect it had there.

Definitely something to pay attention to to see how it affects you.

I'm sorry that you're feeling not so good at the moment. I so much hope you will feel better soon. 

powerback
1 hour ago, Adili13 said:

Thanks powerback. Yeah, it’s been super rough. I don’t even know if it’s withdrawal or not. I’m sure lowering drugs a few months ago hasn’t helped tho 

Its a storm that needs to be braved for now ,dont use precious energy wondering Why for now ,pull on your tools and nurture yourself  ,todays fast paced  world doesn't allow for time .its all rush  but we need it for this journey . 

Take care and keep safe.