Jump to content
Adili13

Adili13: Paxil withdrawal - questions and concerns

Recommended Posts

Adili13

Cooked with a little bit of wine today and feeling a bit loopy. Won’t be doing that again. Oh, withdrawal. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
10 hours ago, Adili13 said:

Cooked with a little bit of wine today and feeling a bit loopy. Won’t be doing that again. Oh, withdrawal. 

 

Yup. I was so tempted to do that, recently. Didn't do it, was too scared. Seems even minimal amounts are triggering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@sunnysideup69 Right. It didn’t even really occur to me till after I felt a bit weird after eating. Oh well. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
1 hour ago, Adili13 said:

@sunnysideup69 Right. It didn’t even really occur to me till after I felt a bit weird after eating. Oh well. 

Easily done, dont beat self up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@sunnysideup69 yeahhh, the OCD train has kind of left the station. Did I create a setback? Am I going to be ok? Etc etc....I’m sure you’ve been there. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
10 hours ago, Adili13 said:

@sunnysideup69 yeahhh, the OCD train has kind of left the station. Did I create a setback? Am I going to be ok? Etc etc....I’m sure you’ve been there. 

 

Oh yes......totally. So many things to potentially ruminate over. Gah! I think once that has begun, you kind of have to accept it has begun and just ride it....ugh. I've been there MANY times.

Feeling slightly wonky myself, this early morning. WD is weird and unpredictable. It's also hard to distact from it, being so unoccupied at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@sunnysideup69 Right! So hard not to overanalyze every little thing and every potential slip-up. It’s total mind-****ery! Sorry you’re a bit off today, I’m sure it’s a blip and you’ll be doing better again soon. If I recall, you were saying you were doing better just a couple of days ago? Sure you’ll get back there soon, and eventually, it’ll be a constant thing when your CNS is ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
25 minutes ago, Adili13 said:

@sunnysideup69 Right! So hard not to overanalyze every little thing and every potential slip-up. It’s total mind-****ery! Sorry you’re a bit off today, I’m sure it’s a blip and you’ll be doing better again soon. If I recall, you were saying you were doing better just a couple of days ago? Sure you’ll get back there soon, and eventually, it’ll be a constant thing when your CNS is ready. 

Thanks buddy, yeah, feeling a bitnweird today....think I have a cold, got a sore throat and am a bit shivery.

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

Akathisia is kicking my ass tonight. Wondering if holding is helping at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69

I definitely think holding is helping. Hang on in there, pal. By the way, do you have any magnesium salts...really recommend a magnesium salts bath, for calming and relaxing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@sunnysideup69 thank you my friend. I truly cherish your encouragement and help. I think I do, actually. I’ll have to check. That’s for the suggestions and always having injecting hope into my thread. It helps more than you know!! Xxx

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
17 hours ago, Adili13 said:

@sunnysideup69 thank you my friend. I truly cherish your encouragement and help. I think I do, actually. I’ll have to check. That’s for the suggestions and always having injecting hope into my thread. It helps more than you know!! Xxx

 

You're most welcome :) We're all in this together, and we'll all recover, given time.

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

Reaction to cooked wine has really ramped up my akathisia to a new level. Having trouble sleeping at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
2 hours ago, Adili13 said:

Reaction to cooked wine has really ramped up my akathisia to a new level. Having trouble sleeping at all. 

 

Oh gosh, so sorry.It's really tough. When I read your post about cooking with wine, it reminded me that in April last year, I had one glass of prosecco. ONE. It knocked me into a long wave with some horrible peaks of anxiety. I haven't touched any alcohol since then.

The akisthisia peak should calm back to 'normal' level, just keep on calming and soothing. More magnesium salts baths. No sugar. Treat nervous system really gently.Sending a hug xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
3 hours ago, Adili13 said:

Reaction to cooked wine has really ramped up my akathisia to a new level. Having trouble sleeping at all. 

It will pass just give it time 

our bodies are so sensitive while in the throes of WD 

treat yourself gently while it settles 

thinking of you 

LRH 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@sunnysideup69 @Longroadhome

 

thank you guys. Really needed your words today. I appreciate you both more than you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
2 hours ago, Adili13 said:

@sunnysideup69 @Longroadhome

 

thank you guys. Really needed your words today. I appreciate you both more than you know. 

You’ll get there Adili I know for sure you will.  

we all walk this path together and together we will recover.  

it took time for ADs to change snd re route our systems and it’s going to take time for this to reverse. 

in the meantime we are very lucky to have friends on this site that understand what we are going through and are there to  support us. 
you are strong 

you are resilient 
after WD is over there will be compensation you will be wiser stronger and able to cope with whatever challenges life throws at you . Keep going and head towards the recovery rainbow 🌈 It’s there waiting for you just a little further ahead ..

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@Longroadhome you are amazing and I cherish your support and friendship. Thank you so much for always popping on to my page, LRH. You are truly a gem. We will get there, dear friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

Does anyone have stories of akathisia going away from holding at a higher dose? I’m really starting to think this hold is pretty pointless. Aka full-bore again tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
On 5/23/2020 at 12:19 AM, Adili13 said:

Does anyone have stories of akathisia going away from holding at a higher dose? I’m really starting to think this hold is pretty pointless. Aka full-bore again tonight. 

@Adili13, sounds like you're still reacting to the cooked wine experiment, cos that's when the aka ramped up? Try to remind yourself of that when you feel like holding is pointless. I'm no expert but if the wine destabilised you more, then starting a taper now would likely be not a good move.Maybe also tag a moderator and ask their advice, they are more knowledgeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

@Adili13

do you ever wonder if you are still in Lamictal WD? 
looking at your signature you took it for over a year and tapered very fast finishing in 2018 . 
what are your thoughts ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@sunnysideup69 I think you’re right. Logically, it’s probably the worst time possible to start tapering again. I guess the mind just goes into panic once symptoms get worse. I talked to brass via PM and he basically echoed what you said. It takes time to get over these reactions. Usually a few weeks or even longer. 
@Longroadhome I have absolutely had this thought, and I believe you aren’t the first person to suggest it to me. It’s easy for me to forget about this because it was so long ago, but I’m certain it plays a role in why I’m still so sick and so debilitated. Maybe a huge role! 
 

Thanks guys! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

2 weeks into this wine reaction with no sign of it letting up or getting better. Thoughts are getting extremely dark and I basically feel paralyzed by inaction. So afraid and upset. Just venting, as per usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Cocopuffz17

It will get better! You are stronger than you know! I had to completely cut out alcohol. I thought every time I was feeling better I could just have some and WDs quickly reminded me that is not the case. 

 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@Cocopuffz17 thank you. So afraid I’ve been completely and utterly derailed just from cooking with alcohol. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69
On 5/26/2020 at 7:00 PM, Adili13 said:

2 weeks into this wine reaction with no sign of it letting up or getting better. Thoughts are getting extremely dark and I basically feel paralyzed by inaction. So afraid and upset. Just venting, as per usual. 

 

Sending hugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
On 5/26/2020 at 7:00 PM, Adili13 said:

2 weeks into this wine reaction with no sign of it letting up or getting better. Thoughts are getting extremely dark and I basically feel paralyzed by inaction. So afraid and upset. Just venting, as per usual. 

Take one day one hour one step at a time 

it will go away 

It could be coincidental and nothing to do with the wine . Maybe a wave that was going to happen anyway . And we know they do go away . 
Be patient you have your friends right here to help you 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@Longroadhome It’s really knocked me on my ass. Feel like I’m hanging on by a thread. Thanks for stopping by, friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Cocopuffz17
8 minutes ago, Adili13 said:

@Longroadhome It’s really knocked me on my ass. Feel like I’m hanging on by a thread. Thanks for stopping by, friend. 

You will get through it. Keep doing what you are doing minus the wine! You got this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

Thanks coco! 
 

My withdrawal is chaotic and so strange. I see a lot of people that have these week long waves or like some kind of pattern to their symptoms. Mine feel SO all over the place. One hour is akathisia, the next is a neuro-wave, the next is extreme dizziness...it’s like there’s no rhyme or reason to any of it. Feels like the opposite of stabilizing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

Anyone suffer with bouts of insane dizziness and confusion for weeks on end after a reaction to alcohol? It was cooked alcohol, I might add. Starting to think this is more than withdrawal and something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
sunnysideup69

@Adili13, it's likely still the wine effect, unfortunately. Remember, your system is really sensitive and any knock can make it wobble for a while. It's unsettled.

 

Do you feel unwell with a temperature or anything?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
3 hours ago, Adili13 said:

Anyone suffer with bouts of insane dizziness and confusion for weeks on end after a reaction to alcohol? It was cooked alcohol, I might add. Starting to think this is more than withdrawal and something else. 

Hello Adili 

are you sure it’s the alcohol and not a wave! 
my waves still last  for weeks with  small windows here and there so whose to say yours it the alcohol and not a wave ? Mine come in for mo reason at all. Very frustrating !!! 
 

Sometimes we  try and tie things into something that happened at the time when really there’s no rhyme or reason . It would have happened regardless . 
 

and if it was because of the alcohol I can guarantee it will ease because again it has brought on a wave and waves don’t last forever. 

you're a strong person and have demonstrated this by remaining steadfast on your med and not going up or down or changing to another . 
therefore you are giving yourself The very best chance to stabilise. And stabilise you will! You’re getting closer every day. 
 

stay focused Adili you are stronger than you think my friend 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Cocopuffz17
4 hours ago, Adili13 said:

Anyone suffer with bouts of insane dizziness and confusion for weeks on end after a reaction to alcohol? It was cooked alcohol, I might add. Starting to think this is more than withdrawal and something else. 

I sure do. I completely avoid it all together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

@sunnysideup69 no temperature at all. I think you’re probably right

 

@Longroadhome thank you my friend, that’s a super nice message. Just gotta hold on and hope to stabilize more. It’s been insane! Maybe it’s a combo of the reaction and a wave. The thing is, I never had this crazy dizziness prior to the reaction. 
 

thanks you guys appreciate you!!! <3333

Share this post


Link to post
Adili13

Having trouble finding @brassmonkey's essay on how healing is always happening. I remember referring to it for support back in the day. If anyone could point me to it, that would be great!

It was a multi-part essay on many different types and aspects of WD. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy