Adili13

Adili13: Paxil withdrawal - questions and concerns

Cocopuffz17
14 minutes ago, Adili13 said:

Ty coco for the positive reply :). Are you able to work? How do you work with severe anhedonia and lack of energy. I feel like it’s going to be so hard for me and idk how much longer I can wait, I’m running out of money quickly 

I was fortunate when I did my fast taper and got smashed with the brunt of the withdrawals right after going to 0 that I was in school. So I barely was functional going there and just came home and slept(14+ hrs daily for almost 2 months).  I know doing a proper slow taper now would of avoided the huge spike in symptoms, but like many I followed my psychiatrists instructions 

I’ve been employed for 7 months straight since going to zero. The key is I took a WAY less stressful job that pays almost half of what I am qualified to make. But I am willing to make the sacrifice to get through this. I have adjusted my life accordingly for financials. Although at sometimes I felt like I needed to quit my job and sell my house. This community got me through it with knowing there is a light on the other side of the tunnel!!! 

I had 1-2 weeks of massive fatigue at 6 months completely off the drug and used sick days/vacation time to cover those days. I’ve actually been combating fatigue with black coffee daily, 4-5 cups. I know they discourage against stimulants as people see spikes in symptoms. But the nutrition I follow states coffee is loaded with polyphenols which benefits the gut microbiome. I haven’t had any out of the normal WD symptoms while consuming it. 

Running out of money is tough. I know I have depleted through a lot of savings. I was fortunate enough to have a nice nest egg saved up. My advice is see what the bare minimum wage you can live on with the least amount of stress position you would be able to take. 

Adili13

That’s good advice, coco. I have a low-stress job that would be enough money that i want to go back to. The crushing fatigue and anhedonia is what’s holding me back. If I don’t see much improvement in the next couple weeks, I might have to bite the bullet and just go back in spite of feeling this way. 

Cocopuffz17
8 minutes ago, Adili13 said:

That’s good advice, coco. I have a low-stress job that would be enough money that i want to go back to. The crushing fatigue and anhedonia is what’s holding me back. If I don’t see much improvement in the next couple weeks, I might have to bite the bullet and just go back in spite of feeling this way. 

I know how disabling the fatigue is. I used to do 100-200 sit-ups and pushups per day, for over a year. When the fatigue was at its worst ..... I could not do 1! I’m back to around 100 every other day now. It will get better! Keep at it! 

Adili13

Thanks coco! I really appreciate your encouragement and response. I hope to get back to doing some push-ups one day too!

Cocopuffz17
1 hour ago, Adili13 said:

Thanks coco! I really appreciate your encouragement and response. I hope to get back to doing some push-ups one day too!

You are welcome! You will, I can feel it coming!!!! :)

Adili13

Hello SA! 

I need a little advice. I’ve started applying to part time positions. I was wondering what I should say when asked in interviews why I’ve been out of work for 7 months. Also, why I’m applying to positions I’m over-qualified for and only looking for part time? Should I say I’m dealing with a health issue? I want to seem like a good candidate and don’t want to come off as sick, but at the same time, I don’t want to totally lie.

anthony

Cocopuffz17
7 minutes ago, Adili13 said:

Hello SA! 

I need a little advice. I’ve started applying to part time positions. I was wondering what I should say when asked in interviews why I’ve been out of work for 7 months. Also, why I’m applying to positions I’m over-qualified for and only looking for part time? Should I say I’m dealing with a health issue? I want to seem like a good candidate and don’t want to come off as sick, but at the same time, I don’t want to totally lie.

anthony

Hey, I would tell them what you are going through. You never know maybe someone there has had a similar experience and knows exactly what is going on. It would make it much more comfortable. It was a huge relief for me when I talked to some coworkers about mine and now I don’t have it in the back of my mind

Adili13

Even in the interview coco?? 

Cocopuffz17
Just now, Adili13 said:

Even in the interview coco?? 

It all depends to me. I’ve had interviews before in my life where they asked what the biggest challenge I’ve had in my life and how I overcame it. It that came up, I’d definitely give my experience.

at my current position it wasn’t asked so I didn’t make it known in the interview process. But as I became friends with my coworkers I informed them and they shared their challenges as well. In turn we are helping each other. 

Adili13

That’s interesting, I guess I’ll just play it by ear. Maybe they won’t even ask. If they do, I’ll have some kind of answer 

Adili13

Anyone else feel like getting sick, like actually getting sick, has completely destabilized them. I have a bad cold and am experiencing windows and waves again for the first time in a couple weeks. So discouraging.