SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

trenace: is this serious withdrawal after a year?

trenace

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello @trenace

I'm sorry things are still quite rough. This is a long road for sure.

I don't know if it might help you : I've developped a habit to write to myself everytime I feel better.

Like you, I never have symptom-free days, but I do have better moments, better nights,...

It might sounds annoying as when you're feeling better you don't want to think about WD and just want to try to live.

But it's like a gift I make to myself for hard days, I take  a few minutes when I feel better to describe how easier things are I find it really helps me to read my words when things are rough, it helps to remember and believe that things do get better sometimes and that suffering is only temporary. 

Sending you my best wishes ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:16 PM, Erell said:

Hello @trenace

I don't know if it might help you : I've developped a habit to write to myself everytime I feel better.

Like you, I never have symptom-free days, but I do have better moments, better nights,...

It might sounds annoying as when you're feeling better you don't want to think about WD and just want to try to live.

But it's like a gift I make to myself for hard days, I take  a few minutes when I feel better to describe how easier things are I find it really helps me to read my words when things are rough, it helps to remember and believe that things do get better sometimes and that suffering is only temporary. 

Thank you for the advice. It's a very long road for sure. On bad days I totally lose sight of any good days but on okay days I feel as though I just try to forget my situation. But I have to realise that I do have days where symptoms change to the point that I don't have anxiety or depression or negative thoughts. I'm going to leave myself messages for bad days now. I think you're right and it could help.

Fluanxol dosage n/a - 6 months cold turkey Start/ may 2015 end/august 2015

Sertraline 100mg - 10 months cold turkey start/ may 2015 End/Feb 2016

On 7/3/2021 at 1:16 PM, Erell said:

Hello @trenace

It keeps copying my previous comment and I don't know how to delete it. Anyways I dont want to only post when I'm bad. Today apart from a minor cortisol spike when I woke and some dr I feel pretty good. Like much better than I've felt on other good days. I don't think it's mania either because I feel pretty calm. I can come back to this if things get rough now.

• 2 months later...

I hope you are doing better, @trenace

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Olanzapine - 2014- late 2017

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

18 hours ago, DataGuy said:

I hope you are doing better, @trenace

Hi dataguy, how are you? I got the flu a few weeks back which seemed to have brought on many old symptoms so I was really quite rough for a while there. Overall I could feel like I'm improving and then everything can suddenly change for the worse in an instant. I'm trying to just take it a day at a time, today apart from some DR and cortisol spike in the morning I haven't felt too bad. It's been a decent day. It's so strange how I can feel almost awake sometimes and other times the brainfog and DR is much worse. Anyways I ramble on, but overall I feel I'm improving very very slowly. 

That is great to hear, @trenace. I am doing ok, bumbling along, answering a few questions, working a few days per week, trying to organize things that have been left for a long time. 

It does sound like you are doing a bit better. I think withdrawal can really cause a severe depression / dysphoria for some people for quite a long time after they stop the drug. For me I have felt better the further and further I have gotten from my jump date, even if things are up and down and I don't always sleep too well. That is what we can expect: very slow improvement. I have the same thing, moments where I can think quite clearly, and others where I am searching for words and forgetting people's names.

Keep going! I'm glad to hear from you : )

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

On 9/15/2021 at 7:07 PM, DataGuy said:

That is great to hear, @trenace. I am doing ok, bumbling along, answering a few questions, working a few days per week, trying to organize things that have been left for a long time. 

It does sound like you are doing a bit better. I think withdrawal can really cause a severe depression / dysphoria for some people for quite a long time after they stop the drug. For me I have felt better the further and further I have gotten from my jump date, even if things are up and down and I don't always sleep too well. That is what we can expect: very slow improvement. I have the same thing, moments where I can think quite clearly, and others where I am searching for words and forgetting people's names.

Keep going! I'm glad to hear from you : )

I know the dysphoria depression very well. Just yestrday I had a couple hours towards evening where I felt incredibly depressed and tired but it passed. I'm not able to work but I'm hoping to get there one day. Very up and down but I'm seeing tiny improvements I think.

• 2 months later...

For a while my digestive issues consisted of bloating after meals and diarrhea but I was able to eat relatively well but recently it's gone back to severe bloating at all times and gas just forming in my stomach for seemingly no reason. Has anybody had this, I had it at the start of withdrawal and i thought it went because I haven't had it for months or even a year. It's pretty much what they describe in benzo forums as benzo belly exact same description of symptoms. Constant burping painfully bloated belly and occasionally severe flatulence. It's such a b*****d symptom and quite debilitating. It might just go away on its own again but I dunno. I thought it went for good and was planning on fixing my sibo but I don't think I can with my gas and constipation this bad.

so your bloating is back again ?? Man same here constant gas is being formed in my stomach. I am always bloating and burping.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

3 hours ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

so your bloating is back again ?? Man same here constant gas is being formed in my stomach. I am always bloating and burping.

It's such a ******* annoying symptom. Even if I feel decent enough to see anyone I'm burping and in pain and uncomfortable worrying I'm gna need to let one rip every 2 mins. Ima try exercise see if it helps. I'll let you know how it goes 

5 hours ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

So I did some skipping, for the first time. Lasted about 2 mins. Didn't do too bad but it's messed my head up and brought on neurological symptoms. It actually moved the gas along and cause me to burp quite a bit. Gas began forming in my stomach immediately after though haha. I'm gna keep trying and see. 

I think that is the right idea @trenace. I have found exercising to exhaustion really helps. Definitely need to slowly build up to it though. I tend to feel much better after going for a run. 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

18 hours ago, DataGuy said:

I think that is the right idea @trenace. I have found exercising to exhaustion really helps. Definitely need to slowly build up to it though. I tend to feel much better after going for a run. 

How are you doIng overall dataguy? Hoping we'll. I just finished and feel not very good lol but I can't sit around I get so restless. Plus I've become stick thin with terrible cardiovascular.

Hi @trenace

I had quite a bit of an exacerbation of insomnia the past few months, triggered by I'm not sure what. Could have been living circumstances which worsened during the pandemic or could have been my second dose of the vaccine. Overall I am doing ok. Just struggling to get everything done even though I am still only working part time. Have quite a bit of trouble concentrating and staying on task. But overall I'd have to say I'm experiencing the same glacial speed of improvement. I have to say, I definitely didn't need this pandemic, although I know that other people have had it much worse. 

Glad you're committing to exercise @trenace. It doesn't always have to be of the intense variety. Can always go for walks or do light weights and stretching or bodyweight exercises. Important to do it but not overdo it. I have definitely overdone it a few times and it can aggravate other symptoms. 

Hope you are doing better too : )

Domperidone - 2008-2018

23 hours ago, DataGuy said:

Hi @trenace

I had quite a bit of an exacerbation of insomnia the past few months, triggered by I'm not sure what. Could have been living circumstances which worsened during the pandemic or could have been my second dose of the vaccine. Overall I am doing ok. Just struggling to get everything done even though I am still only working part time. Have quite a bit of trouble concentrating and staying on task. But overall I'd have to say I'm experiencing the same glacial speed of improvement. I have to say, I definitely didn't need this pandemic, although I know that other people have had it much worse. 

Glad you're committing to exercise @trenace. It doesn't always have to be of the intense variety. Can always go for walks or do light weights and stretching or bodyweight exercises. Important to do it but not overdo it. I have definitely overdone it a few times and it can aggravate other symptoms. 

Hope you are doing better too : )

Sorry to hear that man, I can really empathise with the sleep stuff. No matter how tired I am during the day at night my brain and body are just wired and alert. Sleep quality is terrible too. The pandemic hasn't affected me at all tbh psychologically or physically I've been housebound for 5 years now and all its meant for me is my sister's at home so we can talk and spend more time together. I know I'm better than my first few years of course but I still feel a million years from recovery most days. If one thing improves another worsens. Like today for instance I've no anxiety almost but my cog fogs much much worse. I always choose to just focus on whatever feels better that day tho. I think the returning symptoms like my stomach or anger or whatever really distract from symptoms that are getting better. Always makes you feel worse when in reality it's getting better. 

On 12/10/2021 at 6:24 AM, trenace said:

Sorry to hear that man, I can really empathise with the sleep stuff. No matter how tired I am during the day at night my brain and body are just wired and alert. Sleep quality is terrible too. The pandemic hasn't affected me at all tbh psychologically or physically I've been housebound for 5 years now and all its meant for me is my sister's at home so we can talk and spend more time together. I know I'm better than my first few years of course but I still feel a million years from recovery most days. If one thing improves another worsens. Like today for instance I've no anxiety almost but my cog fogs much much worse. I always choose to just focus on whatever feels better that day tho. I think the returning symptoms like my stomach or anger or whatever really distract from symptoms that are getting better. Always makes you feel worse when in reality it's getting better. 

That is a great attitude @trenace. You definitely seem to be doing better than before. The insomnia hit at a bad time, but has been improving. I was also much more functional than before when I wasn't sleeping, so that was nice. I know what you mean about feeling like you are 1M years from recovery. It really feels like watching grass grow sometimes lol. 

Do you think the cog fog vs anxiety has something to do with diet? For me it definitely seems like it. 

Glad you're still on the upward path : )

Domperidone - 2008-2018

19 hours ago, DataGuy said:

That is a great attitude @trenace. You definitely seem to be doing better than before. The insomnia hit at a bad time, but has been improving. I was also much more functional than before when I wasn't sleeping, so that was nice. I know what you mean about feeling like you are 1M years from recovery. It really feels like watching grass grow sometimes lol. 

Do you think the cog fog vs anxiety has something to do with diet? For me it definitely seems like it. 

Glad you're still on the upward path : )

Its usually In the mornings first thing when I feel terrible but I have waves during the day too. Usually at night I feel more stable, I don't have a clue why though. I've read it's common in withdrawal. I understand about the sleep although I just haven't slept well at all ever since my withdrawal started. I remember at the beginning of withdrawal I was sensitive to all foods it seemed. And it was definitely related to what I ate. Now the lines are blurring and they're not as obvious, so I can't tell if I'm reacting to something I've eaten. Stomach seems to just always be in a bad state. Maybe it is related to food but I just need to be more aware of reactions. I think I'm on an upward path lol. Usually just feels like I'm getting by though tbh. You ever feel like that? Like your not getting better, just killing time and managing symptoms that will never leave.

On 12/7/2021 at 5:20 PM, trenace said:

It's such a ******* annoying symptom. Even if I feel decent enough to see anyone I'm burping and in pain and uncomfortable worrying I'm gna need to let one rip every 2 mins. Ima try exercise see if it helps. I'll let you know how it goes 

how old are you ?? are you taking another psychiatric drug ? after 6 years those withdrawals like bloating should have gone. It is a serious concern man.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

On 12/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

how old are you ?? are you taking another psychiatric drug ? after 6 years those withdrawals like bloating should have gone. It is a serious concern man.

Hi, I'm 30 I cold turkeyd 5 years ago and I'm currently taking nothing. Lol, I don't really know what to say except they haven't gone. I did have a major antibiotic related setback in my 3rd year off that majorly messed up my nervous system again though. Brought back almost every symptom including digestive but excluding akathisia. That's the sole reason I haven't got better yet. The first pill did nothing so I assumed I was okay to take the full course. I then reacted almost a week after the course finished so I really couldn't gauge anything. And yes it's a serious concern for sure lol. Hope your good anyways man.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

Btw, exercise seems to help but I'm not sure. I usually feel acidic and gassy first thing when I wake up but I've lost my appetite so I don't usually eat until late into the evening. The bloating and burping seem to ease off at random points during the day, I try not to focus too much on it but when I just sit around doing nothing it's definitely worse.

Dude 6 years and yet how you accept such ? have you done endoscopy / colonoscopy ? DId you do SIBO test ? Have you done GERD and gastroparesis test ? these might rule out ?

I am slight amazed how come your gastrointestinal issues come back after a year ?

I feel like antibiotics you took might have distrupted gut bacteria. That might be the reason. Else 6 years OMG  still burping and bloatin.

2 minutes ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

Dude 6 years and yet how you accept such ? have you done endoscopy / colonoscopy ? DId you do SIBO test ? Have you done GERD and gastroparesis test ? these might rule out ?

I am slight amazed how come your gastrointestinal issues come back after a year ?

I feel like antibiotics you took might have distrupted gut bacteria. That might be the reason. Else 6 years OMG  still burping and bloatin.

Well, I don't really have a choice other than accepting it. I do have sibo but I can't tackle it whilst my bloating is this bad because I just get constipated and get backed up with bad bacteria and die off. I tried it in my second year and went 6 days or so without a bowel movement and my akathisia and agitation became so severe Id just go crazy in my bedroom all day. Terrible time that was.

The antibiotics definitely messed up my gut bacteria because the bloating was the first symptom that came back along with dry mouth as if my saliva had just dried up. But my sibo bloating and withdrawal bloating are totally different. The regular bloating from sibo is much less severe and only comes after meals for a short amount of time, that's what I've been dealing with for most of the year. The withdrawal bloating which has recently returned is much worse, it's like an acidic burning feeling in the gut and I can feel gasses forming there for no reason even on an empty stomach. I'm going to try and keep exercising for now and hope it dies down like before. It's very dangerous attempting to treat sibo whilst my gut is unstable, I've learnt that much over the years lol.

18 minutes ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

Try to be a bit more understanding @PsychologicalSafe15. Symptoms can last for years and doctors have not even taken these problems seriously enough to understand how long it takes to heal. This is why they note these problems can be "potentially irreversible" in the latest research, although we have seen plenty of people return to full health with patience and persistence. 

https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/506868

Domperidone - 2008-2018

10 hours ago, DataGuy said:

Try to be a bit more understanding @PsychologicalSafe15. Symptoms can last for years and doctors have not even taken these problems seriously enough to understand how long it takes to heal. This is why they note these problems can be "potentially irreversible" in the latest research, although we have seen plenty of people return to full health with patience and persistence. 

https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/506868

I hate doctors lol. It

Damn, I accidently entered an incomplete message lol. Anyways, I hate doctors. It's so irresponsible of them to suggest certain symptoms are irreversible considering those most in need of help and support are the ones most likely to read it. I've read about plenty of peeps that have fully recovered over time and that's what I choose to believe. It's the only way to come out the other side of this long ass journey. Just hope, hope and more hope.

I've been having manic spells recently which switch out for exhaustion and agitation with intrusive thoughts and pretty bad stomach issues. I feel really fed up.

I tried going to bed as late as possible tonight hoping I could sleep straight through. Fell asleep at 5:30 am woke at 6:30 am after a lovely nightmare where my mother was being attacked. I'm now wired and just thinking and ruminating. I believe in God I'm a Muslim actually, but I just can't shake the thought that he's up there, with immense power just watching lol. Like, he's watched for 5 years. He's watched for five years as I've tried everything under the sun to improve my situation and failed at every one. It's kind of hilarious when you look at it that way. When I see other Muslims now talking about tests and trials and having patience and perseverance during tough times and being helped out by God I just think. "OH SHUT UP"! I went down the Islamic route at the very beginning of withdrawal and I found Muslims to be the worst people on the planet to turn to for help. Nervous system damage aside I don't think they're equipped to tackle mental illness in any form tbh. I don't know why I'm ranting about Muslims lol, there's obviously decent ones out there. Think I'm having a crisis of sorts. Religious crisis I don't know.

Hi @trenace,

It is definitely tough to deal with setbacks and bumps, especially when progress is so slow, but it does get easier with time. You have been dealing with this for awhile, so I think you know what works best for you. Probably sensible in this situation to just gather yourself, think carefully about what has worked before and then implement it. For me I typically avoid junk foods, give myself a nice runway for going to sleep (a few hours where I avoid any sort of responsibility) and make sure I get all my exercise in earlier in the day. The most important thing is to take care of yourself. After that you can worry about other people : )

Domperidone - 2008-2018

6 hours ago, DataGuy said:

Hi @trenace,

It is definitely tough to deal with setbacks and bumps, especially when progress is so slow, but it does get easier with time. You have been dealing with this for awhile, so I think you know what works best for you. Probably sensible in this situation to just gather yourself, think carefully about what has worked before and then implement it. For me I typically avoid junk foods, give myself a nice runway for going to sleep (a few hours where I avoid any sort of responsibility) and make sure I get all my exercise in earlier in the day. The most important thing is to take care of yourself. After that you can worry about other people : )

Ah the voice of reason. 🙂 Thank you Dataguy your a big help you know. I'm trying to eat clean and think clearly and logically I did end up finally sleeping although I've just woken now and missed daylight totally. Might try exercising inabit. I've got a cold so maybe it's exasperated symptoms. It did last time I got one. Feels like the days just blur into one another with DR and lack of sleep. I hope your doing okay, you seem like you've got your head screwed on tighter than I have.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, trenace said:

Ah the voice of reason. 🙂 Thank you Dataguy your a big help you know. I'm trying to eat clean and think clearly and logically I did end up finally sleeping although I've just woken now and missed daylight totally. Might try exercising inabit. I've got a cold so maybe it's exasperated symptoms. It did last time I got one. Feels like the days just blur into one another with DR and lack of sleep. 

I know what you mean. My existence is mostly a cycle of getting very tired followed by recovering from that and then getting very tired again. It's a bit aggravating lol

On 12/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, trenace said:

I hope your doing okay, you seem like you've got your head screwed on tighter than I have.

I only have my head screwed on tight when I am giving other people advice. Managing my own life is another story 😉

Domperidone - 2008-2018

17 hours ago, DataGuy said:

I know what you mean. My existence is mostly a cycle of getting very tired followed by recovering from that and then getting very tired again. It's a bit aggravating lol

I only have my head screwed on tight when I am giving other people advice. Managing my own life is another story 😉

That's a very polite way of putting it lol. I feel like that in my own life tbh, I'm good at advising my sister or my friend when they have issues or problems but in my own head I'm a complete mess.

Before withdrawal I was so easy going. I was never down for too long and I feel like after withdrawal, when I've got my own brain, body and personality back I'm going to be bulletproof.

I've just had a horrendous couple days. Terrible anxiety and anger. I have a question though, but I doubt I can get a concrete answer. Since my antibiotic setback I've been dealing with crackling and popping joints and joint pain. However recently since I've begun to exercise my knees are hurting and swelling and crackling too. Should I cutback on exercise because I can't do upper body so I thought I'd do lower and it does help a bit. Is it all withdrawal? I don't even know. Never had joint issues before my setback at all. Not once in my life have I had joint issues tbh.

Sorry to hear that @trenace. What kind of antibiotic were you given? Might be important for answering. 

You may want to try lower impact exercise, if possible. 

Edited by DataGuy

Domperidone - 2008-2018

17 minutes ago, DataGuy said:

Sorry to hear that @trenace. What kind of antibiotic were you given? Might be important for answering. 

You may want to try lower impact exercise, if possible. 

Oh it wasn't recent dataguy, it was two years ago now if you read back itll be clearer. It was Amoxicillin and ever since my joints have just felt weaker. You think my knees were affected too? I can't tell what's withdrawal and what's not.

Oh darn. Have they improved since 2 years ago when they started hurting, @trenace? I know that the floroquinolone class can result in tendon ruptures. I'm not sure how much that would apply to penicillins like amoxicillin, but joint soreness is definitely listed as an adverse effect for that one. See here: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/amoxicillin-side-effects.html

Can it last 2 years? Quite possible. I had a period where my joints were hurting in wd, but they would typically loosen up and start to feel better after I got warmed up. So wd could also be a contributor. Alternatively amoxicillin could have exacerbated wd-related joint soreness. Have you injured yourself at all since the course of amox? 

Domperidone - 2008-2018

14 hours ago, DataGuy said:

Oh darn. Have they improved since 2 years ago when they started hurting, @trenace? I know that the floroquinolone class can result in tendon ruptures. I'm not sure how much that would apply to penicillins like amoxicillin, but joint soreness is definitely listed as an adverse effect for that one. See here: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/amoxicillin-side-effects.html

Can it last 2 years? Quite possible. I had a period where my joints were hurting in wd, but they would typically loosen up and start to feel better after I got warmed up. So wd could also be a contributor. Alternatively amoxicillin could have exacerbated wd-related joint soreness. Have you injured yourself at all since the course of amox? 

Some days they feel okay but if I overdo exercise I think they feel much worse. Loose and crackly.  I've injured my left shoulder so can't even lift anything on that. My bicep tendon keeps dislocating in that one. And my knees and hips feel weak and painful. And my mood just becomes terrible. Yestrday I was just ruminating about suicide the entire day. Felt angry most of the day then just so depressed. And it didn't lift for the whole evening. I've read about a few people with loose joints and pain after a bad reaction to amoxicillin too. I don't know what's going on. I'm gna lie in bed all day. I can't be bothered with anything at all.