SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

crsonja: Hey there

crsonja

Hey there,

I'm off sertraline for 27 days
I inititally took them for horrible anxiety I had following a psychotic episode, and most importantly, surviving 40 days locked in a psych ward

I used to take antipsychotics, it was really easy to come off them, no withdrawal whatsoever

I stopped the AD because I don't think I need them anymore, plus I never felt like I was sleeping and I couldn't take it anymore
Microdosing psilocybin to help with the withdrawal (don't do it it's probably illegal where you are!!)

I never though a legal drug could be so bad for you

Thx for reading me!

Sonia

• ChessieCat changed the title to crsonja: Hey there
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi crsonja,

Welcome.  

Oh my, sounds like quite the ordeal.  I'm sorry that you have had to go through all this.

How did you come off the antipsychotics?  And then how did you come off the AD(sertraline)?

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

This is the portion that you will see below others posts(unless viewing from a phone device) and is helpful for us, to see your medication/drug situation at a glance.

This page will now act as your introduction.  Consider it your introduction to the community and as a journal/record for your own W/D(withdrawal) journey.  Symptoms that you might be having can go here, as well as questions specific to your situation.

Why taper by 10%*

The 10% method is a harm reduction approach to going off psychiatric drugs

Dr. Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Many symptoms can be attributed to withdrawal

What is withdrawal syndrome?

several other links are in the first post ^ that you may find of interest

On 9/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, crsonja said:

I stopped the AD because I don't think I need them anymore, plus I never felt like I was sleeping and I couldn't take it anymore
Microdosing psilocybin to help with the withdrawal (don't do it it's probably illegal where you are!!)

Is this something that you just did on your own or are you getting some guidance with it?  It's not something that we can endorse here, during or post W/D. 

No doubt that your nervous system is struggling a bit now, to get back some more stability.   It can take some time. When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug. When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.   

All for now, and apologies for the delay in getting you started.......we do try to get to new posts fairly quickly.

Please do let us know how you are doing now and how we may best help.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, crsonja said:

was the psilocybin microdosing helpful? 

On 9/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, crsonja said:

med history: 17 years total

Concerta: 2 yrs - cold turkey, brought on first "depression" 

Short trials of Zoloft and Effexor: 1-3 years - multiple cold turkey's brought on OCD intrusive thoughts for the first time

Lexapro 15-20 mg (16 yrs)  - tried to quit once, cold turkey, worst WD ever, had to go on to 20mg to stop WD

Welbutrin 150mg (8-ish yrs) NO w/d symptoms from CT

Adderall 5-7.5mg (8-10-ish yrs) quit CT, brought on many WD symptoms, but manageable. 

Begin taper March 2018 Currently on 4.4 mg lexapro - down from 20mg

Symptoms depression, horrible intrusive thoughts and urges, new onset PMS/PMDD, constant extreme irritation and anger, visual hallucinations, irrational thinking patterns, panic, nausea, dizzy, intolerance to working out, chemical sensitivities, noise sensitivities, memory issues, heart palps, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried MD psilocybin. It worked at first and then I had a horrible negative reaction that scared the **** out of me. Its a gamble. 

Seroquel 10-30mg nightly late July 2017- September 2017

Amitriptyline 25-150 mg late October 2017- mid February 2018

Occasional hydroxizine/antihistamine usage throughout  

Phenibut 6000 mg every 48 hours April 2017- July 2017

Currently taking 1.5 mg klonopin

Supplements: Pantothenic Acid 1000mg extended release

20 hours ago, Evss said:

I tried MD psilocybin. It worked at first and then I had a horrible negative reaction that scared the **** out of me. Its a gamble. 

You’ve tried everything! Lol. I love that. Oh well, I was thinking about trying, but I figured it won’t help in our situation. It seems nothing does! 

med history: 17 years total

Concerta: 2 yrs - cold turkey, brought on first "depression" 

Short trials of Zoloft and Effexor: 1-3 years - multiple cold turkey's brought on OCD intrusive thoughts for the first time

Lexapro 15-20 mg (16 yrs)  - tried to quit once, cold turkey, worst WD ever, had to go on to 20mg to stop WD

Welbutrin 150mg (8-ish yrs) NO w/d symptoms from CT

Adderall 5-7.5mg (8-10-ish yrs) quit CT, brought on many WD symptoms, but manageable. 

Begin taper March 2018 Currently on 4.4 mg lexapro - down from 20mg

Symptoms depression, horrible intrusive thoughts and urges, new onset PMS/PMDD, constant extreme irritation and anger, visual hallucinations, irrational thinking patterns, panic, nausea, dizzy, intolerance to working out, chemical sensitivities, noise sensitivities, memory issues, heart palps, etc. 

Peachy.... You're just so peachy! LoL! yes i have it seems. My goodness. But ya know, I was extremely sick before meds and so suicidal that at this point it doesn't matter to me.  I'm just trying to save my life. 

The shrooms did help, really. Just backfired later. Sooo careful is the word.

Hope your inner intuition provides you some direction.... 

Seroquel 10-30mg nightly late July 2017- September 2017

Amitriptyline 25-150 mg late October 2017- mid February 2018

Occasional hydroxizine/antihistamine usage throughout  

Phenibut 6000 mg every 48 hours April 2017- July 2017

Currently taking 1.5 mg klonopin

Supplements: Pantothenic Acid 1000mg extended release

• 3 years later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:51 AM, Evss said:

The shrooms did help, really. Just backfired later. Sooo careful is the word.

@Evsscould you elaborate on your shrooms experience? I'm having sleep maintenance insomnia caused by brain zaps caused by too quick mirtazapine taper. I'm considering trying out microdosing shrooms

2020 September - started mirtazapine 30mg; 2021 May taper to 22,5mg mirtazapine

2021 May taper to 15mg mirtazapine; 2021 June taper to 7,5mg mirtazapine

2021 June increase dose to 15 mg mirtazapine; 2021 July increase dose to 22,5 mg mirtazapine

2021 August stabilize dose at 22,5mg mirtazapine; 2021 December taper to 20mg mirtazapine

2021 December taper to 17,5mg mirtazapine; 2022 January taper to 15mg mirtazapine

2022 January taper to 12,5mg mirtazapine; 2022 January increase dose to 15 mg mirtazapine

2022 January increase dose to 17,5mg mirtazapine; 2022 February increase dose to 20mg mirtazapine

2022 March increase dose to 30mg mirtazapine (current)