Minnesota Twin Cities area, please check in here!

Skeeter

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome!

We have a few members from MN/Twin Cities area.  Please check in below, maybe we can lean on each other locally if looking for a WD friendly doc who is helpful in tapering, or mentioning docs that are NOT.

Currently 2 of our mods are from this area, and also PoetJester as well, offhand.

As PoetJester found out, we are generally not feeling up to meeting, as he said he has tried before, and I have never felt less like socializing anywhere but online since I started to WD, but if you are open to it, please mention it!

Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Valium 6.25mg
Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!

• Moderator Emeritus

So, obviously, I am Skeeter.  I am a mod, but have not been able to volunteer much due to another medical condition that waxes and wanes.  Always happy to meet a fellow Minnesotan, or even West Central Wisconsin would be great, to meet you, too. I am not close enough to the cities to be able to meet easily, and agoraphobia whilst in benzo WD is quite strong,  Lasted 20 months the last time.  Had 9 months of freedom from symptoms on a daily basis, and bow back into WD, so I am sure the agoraphobia will hit very soon again.

I started this thread, because I have had zero luck finding a doc willing to taper my benzo (was 15mg of Valium,  now below 10 mg because my doc threw in dropping 33% a month for 3 months with zero warning, which is way, way too fast).  One Minnesotan gave me a great lead, on a doc, now waiting to hear back.  Disregard this particular plea for help if seeing this after end of October 2018.

Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Valium 6.25mg
Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!

• 4 months later...

Hey Skeeter,

I'm in Fargo ND FYI

Sometimes take trips to Minneapolis

Tim

I am a HSP which in short means I have a more highly sensitive nervous system as a baseline. 

Xanax .25-.5 as needed Oct/1/2017-June/15/2018

Xanax .45 nightly June/15/2018-Nov/15/2018

Tapering from Klonopin .5   Nov/20/18-12/-Dec/30/2019  Tapered From .180 weight down to .123

Held Klonopin at .124 from Dec/31/2018-Jan/2/2019     

Updosed to .132 weight  ( .33)  Jan/3/2019-Jan/11/2018

Updosed to .138 weight  (.35) Jan/12/2019-Jan/30/2019

Xanax .026 weight Klonopin .104 (.35) total Jan/31/2019 Xan .025 Feb15-21Xan .024 Feb22-28 Klon .100 Feb1-current

Total current Xanax .08mg  and .25Klon      Dosing weight and times. Klon .030 8:30am Xan .012 at 11am and 4 pm  Klon .070 8:30pm

Supplements b12 250mcg,Magnesium 300mg,EPA 180 mg,DHA 360 mg,D3  2000 IU, Vit c 1000mg,iodine 300 mcg

• 2 years later...
Greenjoe04

I'm in central mn by lake milacs 

2007 till 2020 prescribed citalopram 20mg first few years and then bumped up to 40mg cant remember exact time when moved up or why the dr wanted me to 

2016 started taking a specific brand of citalopram (amneal) as found out through trial and error. That when my pharmacy would switch brands caused ups and downs 

2016 started taking modafanil 100 mg to help ease the fatigue from citalopram. Ended up being perfect combo. Life was amazing and for first time in life was truly happy. Dad retired we moved to a small homestead and I started building my dream of a self sufficient homestead and taking care of dad. Life was good till one day I went to fill my prescription and they said amneal no longer makes citalopram. And your Dr has it to be brand specific. I called my dr and she said since we know other brands made me feel worse. And that since Life was going so well try without the meds.  No mention of withdrawl. That was end of Feb 2020 Was ok for about 2 months then had cardiac arrest and been living in withdrawal hell ever since 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy