Allreadygone: need help

Allreadygone

I take 1-25mg pill and split one it’s 37.5 total.My blood pressure is always a tad high,I think the Drugs cause most of it.Im just trying to survive these waves of Akathisia/or wds whatever they are brutal.I can live with Depersonalization as hard as that is but this stuff I’m dealing with now is killin me.i really appreciate u trying to help I’ve givin up on Pshychiatrist doin this on my own.i have 3kids and a wife that I can’t lose.@Altostrata

1992-1995 Tofranil : was hospitalized 

1996 Zoloft, Larazepam- CT 1996

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010 hospitalized then CT Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

2011- tapered off Trazodone

2011- tapered Effexor from 150mg to 75mg / Tapered Remeron 30ng to 7.5mg / Tapered Lamictal 50mg to 37.5mg

1/27/2017 Tapered Effexor 75mg to 31.25mg

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Allreadygone

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

• WantoffVen

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Has your blood pressure changed since you reduced Effexor to 31.25mg?

How are you measuring your Effexor dosage?

On 10/24/2018 at 10:19 AM, Allreadygone said:

430am-woke up laid in bed till 545lucid  

545 got up took Effexor31.25                             Lamictal37.5/Linsinopril 6mgs                    

6am drove to work knot in stomach.             Intrusive thoughts/Eyes twitching/muscles twitching.                        

630ate banana no appetite            

7-11am worked with coworker digging and tree trim/same feelings with moments of relief.                                      

12-ate clam chowder no appetite just forced.                                                          

12-3worked to stay busy.Same Emotions as before.                                          

330-6pm ran amd worked out,same emotions.                                                          

6-830 Read and studied SA/Akathisia site.Inner restlessness less other emotions same                                                

830pm ate dinner pasta,not real hungry.

845-10-watched animal channel with my 8yr old.                                                          

10pm- fell asleep naturally                        

12-woke by alarm to take remeron 7.5mgs.                                                        

1230-515 went to bedroom and was able to sleep till 515 alarm.Laid in bed till 545am

Lamictal is a funny drug. It has a short half-life and is often dosed twice a day. Take too much at once, and it can cause uncomfortable paradoxical symptoms. It's possible that breaking up the dose may reduce the symptoms and make the effect of lamotrigine relaxing rather than activating.

However, since you take all your drugs together, we don't know which drug is causing the knot in stomach, lack of appetite, etc.. Could be the Effexor rather than lamotrigine.

Would you consider a small experiment, moving 12.5mg Lamictal toward the evening, an hour or so each day? Please track any symptom pattern changes.

It's possible a little lamotrigine in the evening will help you sleep.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

My BP has dropped since I went down on Drugs.I take a quarter of a 5mg dose of linsinopril as I hate drugs nurse said I would die if I didn’t start as I have a bundle branch block.Im weighing the Effexor on scale as well as remeron.im open to that for sure,I do want to stabilize at least a lil bit as I’m still thinkin some dark stuff.But I did add 6.25 lamictal when I updosed the Effexor I forgot to take for a week and as u say it was paradoxical.Sent me into the state I’m in now.I do think the drugs are toxic at this point.Im gonna be done with a couple commitments I put myself in 2 weeks and my stress level Shouid drop.No more outside commitments it’ has to be healing @Altostrata you are right on about not knowin which one is worse,I feel stupid I thought more lamictal wouod ease this.

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

2011- tapered Effexor from 150mg to 75mg / Tapered Remeron 30ng to 7.5mg / Tapered Lamictal 50mg to 37.5mg

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Allreadygone said:

But I did add 6.25 lamictal when I updosed the Effexor I forgot to take for a week and as u say it was paradoxical.

When did you add this? How much Lamictal were you taking then? What happened when you increased?

Please include this change in your signature.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I believe it’s in my sig allready I’ll check.I will explain. I was tapering with wds from 75 to 31.25 as I know now from your post was to fast.The football commitments came up so I held and the wds kicked caught up to me as I was over 10% twice .went to lake with family after being depressed prettt bad and had worst vertigo I’ve had yet.I only get that when I make a cut so this told me I forget my 6.5 piece Effexor as by the time we got home I was feeling all the physical symptoms.I immediately took a 6.5 effexor at 9pm then my reg 31.25 in morning and added the 6.125  lamictal.I was manic for a day then wanted to die Akathisia or something of that degree since with days of less severe but still horrible.I stayed on the extra lamictal for a week when I felt it was paridoxical.Ive only wanted to die 2 times ever.Once when I was put on antipsychotics and now after this reaction.I can survive it just need some guidance from you.Hope that made sense @Altostrata

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

No, I don't see any increase in Lamicta in your signature. Did you drop the 6.125mg Lamictal? When was that? Was it in 2010?

How long have you been taking 37.5mg Lamictal?

How do you feel about moving 12.5mg of the Lamictal gradually to the evening?

Yes as soon as I had bad reaction I I went back to reg 37.5,this was a month ago.in 2010 I went From 50 to 37.5.It seemed to be stimulating that’s why I moved to AM. @AltostrataI’m scared to move anything rn in my state but when it calms yes

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

Did you change when you take Remeron yet? Let's do that first -- take it when you're about to go to bed. Please let us know how you're doing.

Yes I started last night slept till 4am.Im still strugglin with either Akathisia or a mixed state hard to tell,hard to survive I pray time will ease it @Altostratainner restlessness with depression,intrusive thoughts 

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

Was your sleep better or worse? How did you feel in the morning? What times of day do you get "inner restlessness with depression,intrusive thoughts"?

We still need those daily notes!

What do you mean by "mixed state"? 

Sleep seemed same,I feel this way most of the day other than moments or hours not as brutal but still can barely function at work.mixed like wired by tired at same time.The intrusive thoughts are the worst part.feeling of doom,not wanting to continue.there was a couple days in last month since it started that we’re Lil better @AltostrataI’ll get my notes tonite,I have no control of what I think at all,very scared.i am coaching 2 football teams and I’m completely dead inside.be glad when Tgat is over I’m 2 weeks my only wish is to survive for my family.cant be a father or husband,early morning and after 8pm is slightly better.

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

Yes, I understand. It will take a little while to straighten this out, please be patient. You will be all right.

Your thoughts are just thoughts. When they come to you and you don't like them, you can tell them to go away or change the channel. Start recounting something to yourself, like a comedy episode or a recent football game. "Change the channel" can be very effective.

Give the new Remeron schedule a couple of more days, then how do you feel about moving 12.5mg Lamictal gradually to the evening, by an hour or so each day?

This may help the intrusive thoughts and other symptoms. Lamictal often is dosed twice a day.

• Moderator Emeritus
22 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

"Change the channel" can be very effective.

SA's topic:  change-the-channel-dealing-with-cognitive-symptoms

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Thanks, Chessie!

Thx @ChessieCat @Altostrata These thoughts are so real it’s hard but I do try to tell myself their not valid.I know it will take time when it peaks I feel completely hopeless.feels very chemical with the twitches and thoughts.i am open to anything can u tell me what the split dose may do.Lam is activating for me but it did calm thoughts when I stated it in 2010-11 seems to be paradoxical rn

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

The thoughts are chemical, too, it's your nervous system trying to cope with the drugs.

Reducing the dosage of lamotrigine can reduce adverse effects such as activation. In just the right dosage, lamotrigine is calming. I am thinking if you're taking a smaller dose in the morning and a small dose in the evening, you may see more benefit from Lamictal, instead of it being a drug that might be adding to your adverse reactions in the earlier part of the day.

Too much lamotrigine at once can also cause those kinds of bad thoughts.

If this works, I would move to reduce Effexor next.

ok @Altostrata I think ur right about lamictal,I struggle with Did the desperate updose of it cause this state,Or the missing Effexor dose and then putting that back at reg dose.Very scary,so u think less lamictal In AM see how I feel?Then later dose to see if there’s an effect in between?i do think a lower dose may help.Just I’m barely surviving and can’t lose my job but I guess it can’t get worse than wanting to die.how much would I lower when ready?

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

Don't worry about reducing yet.

You might feel better fairly soon by taking Lamictal in two doses. Move 12.5mg by an hour or so every day.

Hang in through symptom changes, be sure to keep daily notes about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

I don't know what caused your condition. You've been on and off a lot of drugs. Cold turkey in 1996 was a big mistake. That kind of thing is stressful for the nervous system.

2001 yes it was,so 545 first dose 25 mgs then 12.5 at noon or?oh I think ur sayin start at 645 first day and so on @Altostrata

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

Please wait a few days for the Remeron change to settle.

Then, take 25mg Lamictal in the morning and move the 12.5mg piece an hour or so later each day, until you are taking it in the evening. I would not make a change of more than 2 hours. Please let us know how you're doing.

Ok @Altostrata I will wait a few days then try it,is it to see how my CNS reacts to less of the drug?just wanna know our strategy.thx for your patience u are literally saving my life today as I was done 

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

You're still taking 7.5mg Remeron? You didn't reduce it?

We want to make sure your nervous system is okay with the change before changing something else.

Yes 7.5 remeron I have moved anything only went from takin it at 12 to 10 @Altostrata

Edited by Allreadygone
Add content

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

Just wanna know lamictal strategy. @Altostratai think it’s to see if it calms the CNS further away before possible cut?

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

Yes, I think lamotrigine may help you reduce Effexor, which is still causing problems for you.

Hard to tell which of the 2 is hurting worse. thx so much for caring!!! @Altostrataim terrified but dying isn’t my plan 

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

You're going to be okay. Please hang in there.

Tryin my best @AltostrataI will suffer for my family.

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

4am-awake

545-took meds37.5lamictal31.25 Effexor

7am ate banana no appetite

630-1130 at work depression,Depersonalization,innerestless,intrusive thoughts,death,pretty relentless no real break

1215-soup no appetite

1230-3 work Same symptoms

4-5pm ran at gym

7-10 coached football game with all these symptoms,was just there not able to help much more stress than anything,being around people very painfull as I’m not present and suffering greatly

1015pm remeron.As stated earlier it was this bad at times in last month mixed with a few days where it was not as strong.

@Altostrata

Edited by Altostrata
added line breaks

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

Thanks for adding symbols for line breaks.

That looks like the same symptom pattern.

Allready, usually we want to see at least 4 days of symptoms after a drug change, but I think you're doing fine with the new Remeron schedule.

Since the Lamictal might be causing those unpleasant symptoms in the earlier part of the day, how about starting to move 12.5mg towards the evening now?

Please continue to report symptom pattern. You're doing a good job.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Thanks for adding symbols for line breaks.

That looks like the same symptom pattern.

Allready, usually we want to see at least 4 days of symptoms after a drug change, but I think you're doing fine with the new Remeron schedule.

Since the Lamictal might be causing those unpleasant symptoms in the earlier part of the day, how about starting to move 12.5mg towards the evening now?

Please continue to report symptom pattern. You're doing a good job.

I do wanna try the lamictal move,my only issue is I have to coach 3 more weeks and worried it will further hurt me.It also could save my life so I’m torn.I am barely functioning rn,I pray it can’t get worse as last 2 days almost killed me.The coaching thing is a huge stressor tryin to act ok around kids and being dead inside. @Altostratathank u so much for your guidance I believe u are the only one that can help me thru it if I make it.i will be resigning football after season as I can barely work and dint want any extra strsss other than work which helps me stay alive.I looked at my journal and I was actually have serious wds before the med mishap the following week.

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

Look at it this way: Moving 12.5mg an hour is a tiny, tiny change.

Your system may not notice it at all. In fact, you might still have the pattern of adverse reactions to it until you move the dose several hours later. So most likely, while you move the dose, you'll be just as miserable as you are now for several days.

Most likely, it's not going to get any worse. If it does, we can catch it in your daily notes and put the dosing right back to where it is now.

My intuition is that you'll feel better pretty quickly.

Ok so the dose will be less in my system when it’s split? @Altostrata

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

• Administrator

No, it will not be less in your system. It will be better because it won't be lumped up in the morning, where it's making you sick.

Thx for your patience and explaining,the state I’m in rn is so broken it helps to know what the game plan is @Altostrata

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now

400am-up and wired

545-took Same meds dosages [37.5lamictal31.25 Effexor]

did deep breathing till 645

7-12 ate banana,worked recycling,all usual feelings of doom,depression,intrusive thoughts,no positive outlook,overall feel nothing feels good,although if my worst is 10 yesterday was a 8

12-230 gym ran weights walked,had a few moments of feeling present

3-7 was at my football game,symtoms at like a 7.At halftime had another few moments of feeling present

730-930 was able to eat grilled cheese and watch TV

930-fell asleep in accident was tired

1015-woke and took remeron 7.5

@Altostratatwitching was also a level less intense seems that what it’s very intense my mood is dark must be CNS reaction to the drug trauma.sat and mon are my off days and I struggle with any free time.im lookin for extra work to fill those days.Work is extremely hard with symptoms but also helps get thru days 

1996-  Effexor till now

2002- Remron till now

2008- Trazodone 

2010- Zyprexa, Seroquil

2010-  Lamictal till now