SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Eastcoastgirl: a life free of antidepressants

Eastcoastgirl

• Administrator

You can take the 0.5mg tonight.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Perhaps you can add 0.5mg Prozac with dinner and see if that helps?

Alto is suggesting that you take a total of 1.5mg per day.  That is 1mg in the morning and 0.5mg at night.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

19 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Alto is suggesting that you take a total of 1.5mg per day.  That is 1mg in the morning and 0.5mg at night.

Ohh ok! Please excuse me I thought she meant take the entire 1.5 at once. So I will take the 1mg tomorrow morning and the remaining .5 in the evening !

I just took the .5 now .

I went back on birth control today. I am hoping that being back on the pill will take away some or most of what I think are withdrawal symptoms. I know it will put me into a wave but I can't continue like this anymore.

My twin brother was put on Zoloft a few months ago for anxiety. It didn't work for him so he just stopped it cold turkey three days ago. He seems completely fine and i'm really praying he'll stay that way. He knows the he** i've been going through and I made sure to warn him when he started taking them. I am hoping since it was his first antidepressant and it was a somewhat short period of time he won't crash :(

Birth control plan backfired big time. Became much more depressed so I stopped 4 days in. Still trying to recover.. I guess I will have to deal with the awful PMS.

Since taking the extra .5 Prozac I have been a bit jittery which worried me at first but it is helping my mood improve and the fatigue is slightly better so i'm trusting the process. 

I started treating SIBO again. I did some research and found that SIBO and dysautonomia are closely related. Even though my dysautonomia is most likely withdrawal related, i've started to notice a big improvement in my POTS symptoms since starting oil of oregano. 

Overall it's been a rough week with the birth control experiment but i'm working to get back on track. Thinking about starting omega 3 oil again soon.

Starting to notice a pattern that my mood and symptoms are pretty good until I take the extra .5 dose in the evening. Within an hour I start to feel depressed & feel depersonalization. I've pretty much always slept good throughout this whole process and since updosing I cannot sleep at all. I'm wide awake and it's 2:20am. I also get this awful agitated feeling in my legs and it brings on these feelings of anger. I'm scared that the updose is messing me up but in the daytime I feel fine.. it's just the evening after I take the dose that I feel yucky :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Kmart, I received your PM but will answer it here in your thread so all of your information is in one place and all the mods are privy to the same information.

Regarding kindling, it can happen at lower doses, as well as higher doses. What creates a kindling effect is the damage due to traumatizing the nervous system with abrupt changes. Depending on how damaged your nervous system already is, even a small change can be traumatic. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:03 PM, KMart95 said:

So I will take the 1mg tomorrow morning and the remaining .5 in the evening !

I just took the .5 now .

On 6/11/2019 at 12:35 PM, KMart95 said:

I went back on birth control today.

In your PM, you mentioned that you thought the additional .5 mg made you feel more agitated, but you also added birth control in the next day, which may confuse things. 

Please see:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

Please start a drug and symptoms journal so the moderators can help you with your taper. 

Please also include any supplements you are taking, any other drugs (including birth control), and the hours you are sleeping at night.

On 9/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, Altostrata said:

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms. We ask this because there may be something we can do to reduce the symptoms.

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs. If you're not taking any drugs and have withdrawal symptoms, we still need to see your symptom pattern throughout the day:

The time of day, dosage, and severity of symptoms are essential information. Include

- Time and dosage for all drugs taken throughout the day, psychiatric and non-psychiatric.

- Following each dose, note any symptoms. If you are having a reaction to the drug, it may take hours for a symptom to show up -- that's why we ask you to keep notes all day long.

- If you're not taking any drugs, your symptoms throughout the day.

- Your sleep pattern. Since so many drugs disturb sleep, if you find you're waking in the middle of the night, it could be from a drug you took earlier in the evening. If you're not taking any drugs, there may be ways you can improve your sleep.

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, looking something like this:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

6 hours ago, Shep said:

Kmart, I received your PM but will answer it here in your thread so all of your information is in one place and all the mods are privy to the same information.

Regarding kindling, it can happen at lower doses, as well as higher doses. What creates a kindling effect is the damage due to traumatizing the nervous system with abrupt changes. Depending on how damaged your nervous system already is, even a small change can be traumatic. 

In your PM, you mentioned that you thought the additional .5 mg made you feel more agitated, but you also added birth control in the next day, which may confuse things. 

Please see:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

Please start a drug and symptoms journal so the moderators can help you with your taper. 

Please also include any supplements you are taking, any other drugs (including birth control), and the hours you are sleeping at night.

Thank you Shep ! Sorry I didn't realize I could not ask questions directly. 

I made a lot of changes trying to stabilize the past couple weeks so yes it is hard to tell. I speficially noticed that after taking the extra .5 at 6:30pm every night I became agitated and started having insomnia. I have now dropped my total dose to .32ml and i'm taking it all in the morning. I only started today but so far I have no agitation. I'm hoping this will be the sweet spot because I don't want to risk any further changes. I have started keeping track of symptoms the past few days. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, KMart95 said:

I have now dropped my total dose to .32ml and i'm taking it all in the morning. I only started today but so far I have no agitation.

This sounds like a good idea. What is .32mL in milligrams of Prozac?

Please keep notes as Shep has requested, we need to see this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

16 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

This sounds like a good idea. What is .32mL in milligrams of Prozac?

Please keep notes as Shep has requested, we need to see this.

I'm terrible at math but I believe it's approximately 1.3mg , so only a very small difference. 

I will, thank you !!

Notes from the past 3 days :

June 19th, 2019

6:30 am Took .32ml (1.3mg) Prozac & went back to sleep.
10:30am Woke up with stomach pain.
11:00am Low mood, tingling in the bad of head. Took 3 drops oil of oregano for SIBO. Probiotics to avoid C Diff. Breakfast of 3 eggs & watermelon.
12:00pm Major brain fog & fatigue (possibly die off from oregano)
1:00pm Took B vitamins & magnesium. Don't usually do this but haven't had an IV in over 4 weeks.
2:00pm Brain fog, fatigue & depression lifted a little.
4:00pm 2nd dose 3 drops oil of oregano for SIBO.
5:00pm Dinner of chicken breast & baked
potato.
8:00pm 3rd dose 3 drops oil of oregano for SIBO.
9:00pm Brain fog, fatigue, watery eyes & swollen sinuses.
12:00pm Went to bed. Trouble falling asleep until 1:30am.

June 20th, 2019

6:30am Took 1.3mg Prozac & went back to sleep.
10:30am Woke up feeling anxious & unrested.
11:30am Took B50 complex & magnesium. Experimenting to see how I do taking them daily.
12:15 am Breakfast of avocado toast and apple sauce. Took oil of oregano 3 drops for SIBO & probiotics.
12:45 am Very bad POTS symptoms. Heart rate 150, blood pressure 83/53 .
2:00pm Went for a 3km walk and went swimming.
4pm 3 drops oil of oregano for SIBO.
6:30pm Extreme exhaustion. Tension headache. Bloating. Minor sunburn.
8:00pm 3 drops oil of oregano for SIBO.
11:00pm Very rapid irregular heartbeat & chest pain after standing up too quickly.
12:30pm Insomnia, rumunation until 2:30am.

June 21, 2019

6:30am Took 1.3mg Prozac & went back to sleep.
10:30am Woke up feeling exhausted.
11:00am Breakast of toast with almond butter & apple sauce.
12:00pm Brain fog. Got small bag myers cocktail. Felt hot despite dripping slowly.
2:20pm Lunch of gluten free fish & chips.
4:00pm 3 drops oil of oregano for SIBO & probiotics. Fatigue, ringing ears.
6:30pm Post nasal drip, watery eyes, headache, ringing ears.
9:00 pm 3 drops oil of oregano for SIBO

The agitation is totally gone !! Thank goodness. The depression has also almost completely resolved since taking daily b vitamins and magnesium. Fatigue has improved somewhat and i've been able to get out the past few days. My worst waves correlate with my period & they are very bad so I have to remind myself they will pass. Thank you mods for your help. Crossing my fingers this dose holds up well until i'm well enough to start the taper. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, KMart95 said:

The agitation is totally gone !! Thank goodness. The depression has also almost completely resolved since taking daily b vitamins and magnesium. Fatigue has improved somewhat and i've been able to get out the past few days. My worst waves correlate with my period & they are very bad so I have to remind myself they will pass. Thank you mods for your help. Crossing my fingers this dose holds up well until i'm well enough to start the taper. 

Very good to hear this!

LilBit could benefit from what you know about oregano oil -- he may have a very bad case of SIBO. I took oregano oil capsules myself and found them helpful.

Apparently I was screaming in my sleep last night ! I'm a little freaked out because i've always been a light sleeper and people always tell me I don't make a sound. Then this morning when I woke up (I didn't sleep well last night) I kept repeating the same sentence in my head. Are these normal withdrawal symptoms? Or could this be something else? 

• Administrator

Hard to tell, that was only one incident. To track whether a symptom is more than random, you'd have to keep daily notes of what you've ingested and your symptom pattern.

I will try to remember to start keeping daily notes. My sleep hasn't been good lately which is frustrating because i've slept pretty well the majority of my withdrawal process. 

I am hoping to be stable enough to start my taper by september/october , but I have to wait until my hormones stablize. My hormones are so out of whack and it's made the process a lot more difficult. I think a lot of my symptoms are actually related to a hormone imbalance rather than withdrawal. Hair loss, acne, blurry vision, tremors, extreme fatigue, and PMDD symptoms before & on my period. I regret stopping the pill at the same time as Prozac but I can't go back now. I just want my hormones to be stable enough that they don't excaerbate any symptoms I may get while tapering. 

This is just a rant to myself LOL. 

I have had a really good week. Brain fog has gotten clearer, energy has increased drastically since starting daily vitamins. I have been out hiking and doing things I haven't done in almost a year. I tried twice to start taking allicin but I noticed it oddly brings me depression so I am sticking with oregano for another week. I think i've found the perfect dose that works for me. My only issues right now are bad tremors and allergies (although milder than they were) . I definitely still have fatigue and have to pace myself but it's improved.

I am tempted to try Vitex. Birth control obviously doesn't work for me anymore but my hormones are making me miserable. I get 15 good days and 15 awful ones. As soon as ovulation hits the histamine goes insane. My periods are all over the place and I go from happy and energic to exhausted, depressed and emotional. I tried it once before in November but wasn't on it long enough to notice anything. 

What are your thoughts @AltostrataBad idea or good idea? I would only take half of the rec dose if I decide to try. It's supposed to increase progesterone at low doses. I don't see too much here about experiences and how it may effect my withdrawal process. Just wondering if you or the other mods might have some experience or input with this herb.

• Administrator

I don't know anything about Vitex. Have you seen a gynecological endocrinologist for your cycle problems?

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I don't know anything about Vitex. Have you seen a gynecological endocrinologist for your cycle problems?

Actually yes I do have my first endo appointment next month, I guess I can just ask her. I just want to make sure it won't send me into a spiral. I'm back in a wave right now it seems so i'll hold off. 

I'm not usually one to try a bunch of things but i've been feeling desperate to help the fatigue. 

I tried 1/4 tsp instant coffee yesterday and it seemed to help. I was able to do a light workout afterward but I did have some bowel pain. Had some again today and i'm now crying my eyes out for no reason.. so I guess coffee isn't for me! I'm sure it messes with my nervous system somehow. It's so frustrating to feel like there's nothing I can do. Even if I take my vitamins too many days in a row I get depression and the histamine ramps up. I'm tired of having to spend a lot of days in bed, that's when my depression gets so bad.

I’m struggling horribly with PMDD during this taper / WD. It just keeps getting worse. I will be fine one day, and nearly catatonic the next. I tried Yaz and it was  horrific. Trying to recover from that right now. 

Psychiatrist doesn’t think I can continue to taper until after I get PMDD “under control”. So basically I’m stuck. 

So so desperate, I’ve been considering Lupron shots or a total hysterectomy. If I knew it would work I would do it in a second, but I’m afraid it will harm me even further.  So many bad things online about Lupron, and it affects the nervous system. 

I really wish there were more women who had experience developing PMDD from WD. 

My heart goes out to you  

Xx

med history: 17 years total

Concerta: 2 yrs - cold turkey, brought on first "depression" 

Short trials of Zoloft and Effexor: 1-3 years - multiple cold turkey's brought on OCD intrusive thoughts for the first time

Lexapro 15-20 mg (16 yrs)  - tried to quit once, cold turkey, worst WD ever, had to go on to 20mg to stop WD

Welbutrin 150mg (8-ish yrs) NO w/d symptoms from CT

Adderall 5-7.5mg (8-10-ish yrs) quit CT, brought on many WD symptoms, but manageable. 

Begin taper March 2018 Currently on 4.4 mg lexapro - down from 20mg

Symptoms depression, horrible intrusive thoughts and urges, new onset PMS/PMDD, constant extreme irritation and anger, visual hallucinations, irrational thinking patterns, panic, nausea, dizzy, intolerance to working out, chemical sensitivities, noise sensitivities, memory issues, heart palps, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Peachy said:

I’m struggling horribly with PMDD during this taper / WD. It just keeps getting worse. I will be fine one day, and nearly catatonic the next. I tried Yaz and it was  horrific. Trying to recover from that right now. 

Psychiatrist doesn’t think I can continue to taper until after I get PMDD “under control”. So basically I’m stuck. 

So so desperate, I’ve been considering Lupron shots or a total hysterectomy. If I knew it would work I would do it in a second, but I’m afraid it will harm me even further.  So many bad things online about Lupron, and it affects the nervous system. 

I really wish there were more women who had experience developing PMDD from WD. 

My heart goes out to you  

Xx

I'm so sorry. I'm going through the same thing and also have to wait to taper. I'm in the second half of my cycle now and i'm a mess already. I've tried birth control, increasing my Prozac, vitamins, omega 3 , vitex, treating sibo .. nothing works. I'm too afraid to try anything else that will mess with my hormones anymore. I feel your pain, hang in there ♡ 

• Mentor
42 minutes ago, KMart95 said:

I'm so sorry. I'm going through the same thing and also have to wait to taper. I'm in the second half of my cycle now and i'm a mess already. I've tried birth control, increasing my Prozac, vitamins, omega 3 , vitex, treating sibo .. nothing works. I'm too afraid to try anything else that will mess with my hormones anymore. I feel your pain, hang in there ♡ 

Have you ever changed your nutrition for treatment SIBO or has your diet been pretty much the same through your whole life?

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Unfortunately it’s not even about an imbalance, it’s just the way our systems are  reacting to the fluctuations now. It scares me bc I’m not so much dealing with horrible WD anymore. Just this. Which makes me think it’s not going to go away. 

I have been dealing with it for 3 years and it’s not getting better. Worse actually. 

That’s why I’m considering more radical treatments. 

med history: 17 years total

Concerta: 2 yrs - cold turkey, brought on first "depression" 

Short trials of Zoloft and Effexor: 1-3 years - multiple cold turkey's brought on OCD intrusive thoughts for the first time

Lexapro 15-20 mg (16 yrs)  - tried to quit once, cold turkey, worst WD ever, had to go on to 20mg to stop WD

Welbutrin 150mg (8-ish yrs) NO w/d symptoms from CT

Adderall 5-7.5mg (8-10-ish yrs) quit CT, brought on many WD symptoms, but manageable. 

Begin taper March 2018 Currently on 4.4 mg lexapro - down from 20mg

Symptoms depression, horrible intrusive thoughts and urges, new onset PMS/PMDD, constant extreme irritation and anger, visual hallucinations, irrational thinking patterns, panic, nausea, dizzy, intolerance to working out, chemical sensitivities, noise sensitivities, memory issues, heart palps, etc. 

6 minutes ago, Peachy said:

Unfortunately it’s not even about an imbalance, it’s just the way our systems are  reacting to the fluctuations now. It scares me bc I’m not so much dealing with horrible WD anymore. Just this. Which makes me think it’s not going to go away. 

I have been dealing with it for 3 years and it’s not getting better. Worse actually. 

That’s why I’m considering more radical treatments. 

For me it's tough because I went off the pill recently and I have acne, i'm losing tons of hair, my vision is blurry.. so I think I have a hormone imbalance and withdrawal induced PMDD which is just lovely ! 

My heart breaks for you knowing you've been going through it so long. It is my biggest fear to deal with this for years. Keep in touch and if you find anything that helps you, please help me know. I've been having a bit of luck with daily b vitamins and magnesium for the depression but some days i'm just in really bad shape. Last month I didn't think i'd make it through. I was telling everyone I was done. I'm proud of myself for still being here but let me tell you this sh*t isn't easy ! We are strong.

2 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Have you ever changed your nutrition for treatment SIBO or has your diet been pretty much the same through your whole life?

Yes i've been on the specific carbohydrate diet since I was first diagnosed 4 years ago. But i'm much less strict with it now, I can eat a wider variety of carbs.

• Mentor
3 minutes ago, KMart95 said:

Yes i've been on the specific carbohydrate diet since I was first diagnosed 4 years ago. But i'm much less strict with it now, I can eat a wider variety of carbs.

I follow a lectin free diet and have had great success reversing my autoimmune disease, which is alopecia. Yet another one that doctors claim they don’t know how to fix it. But I have had mine reverse since switching to a lectin free diet. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

I have started to notice a pattern. Anytime I have done an updose of Prozac to relieve my withdrawal symptoms, I feel energetic and happy for 7-10 days and then I plummet again. The exhaustion and depression comes back. It's almost like it hits peak plasma and then fizzles out. Does this mean it's not working? I hate that this happens. I'm back to being chronically exhausted again and i've had some bouts of feeling very depressed. 

I got my test results back & they are positive for SIBO. Very dissapointed but not surprised as my guts have been in rough shape during withdrawal. It came back positive for hydrogen AND methane which is shocking because I always had methane SIBO. So I made it 3 years SIBO free and now it's back again thanks to withdrawal. But luckily it's not bad, it's just on the low end of positive. 

I'm in an extremely bad wave right now. The fatigue is unbearable and i've been crying a lot. I've noticed since I started taking B vitamins daily, I can't live without them. I took 2 days off from them because if I take them too often I start to feel depressed, and the fatigue was so intense I couldn't stand it. It must be something about the activating effects of b vitamins that wakes me up. I am frustrated though because it seems like most people here have insomnia whereas I am chronically exhausted and could sleep all the time if I let myself. 

• Administrator

Hang in there. Maybe you can take a lower dose of B vitamins? That might be better for you.

17 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hang in there. Maybe you can take a lower dose of B vitamins? That might be better for you.

I'm not sure if B Complex comes any lower than 50 but i'll look into it ! I'm only getting the IV bags once a month now and they're doing small instead of large bags. 

• Administrator

We don't recommend mixed supplements for this very reason. If It's a tablet, you might want to cut it in half or something.

I am concerned for my mom. She's been on Prozac for 20+ years. She's about to turn 65 and i've noticed she has started falling and hurting herself in some way EVERY single day. She said she feels very off balance. She has always been clumsy but this is different, and she's in good shape - so this is odd. She just came up to me crying her eyes out and said she doesn't feel like herself. My mom doesn't cry for no reason and i'm very concerned she might be starting to deal with poop out. When I started my taper back in September she tried to taper off as well. She only made one small cut and she was very emotional so she gave up. Maybe it is selfish of me but I told her because of her age perhaps it is best for her to stay on the meds indefinitely, and she did agree. My mom is my rock and she's the only person who has been by my side through this whole thing. My dad doesn't understand it at all but he tries. I fear that if she starts to taper and gets withdrawal then I don't know what i'd do.  I don't want her to go through that at her age and I need my mom healthy for me, but i'm really concerned with what i'm seeing. She frequently misses a day or two of her meds here but this time she hasn't.

As for me. Today was a good day, but i've been feeling very confused lately and I haven't had that feeling in quite a while. I went to the lake, and although I did nothing strenous, when I got back my arms were so weak I couldn't lift them and they were shaking inside. I have really bad hand tremors and have been feeling like my legs are going to give out from under me. I have no clue what this is from and it's scary. I cut the b vitamin in half today and it worked just as well as usual. I am thinking maybe taking magnesium everyday is causing me to have muscle weakness? I'm not sure if that's the case, I just saw it listed as a side effect. The type of magnesium I take is very highly absorable so i'm wondering if too much is building up in my body that I don't need. I'm grasping at straws - just really want this muscle weakness to go. I've had it a few days and it's getting worse and worse.

• Administrator

I'm sorry that your mother is not doing well. She needs to have drug-drug interactions checked.

If you think the magnesium is bothering you, all you have to do is stop taking it and see if anything changes.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, KMart95 said:

I am concerned for my mom. She's been on Prozac for 20+ years. She's about to turn 65 and i've noticed she has started falling and hurting herself in some way EVERY single day.

You may want to ask her to join this site or you could print out information for her to read. The book Anatomy of an Epidemic has convinced many people to come off these drugs. But of course, only if she's open to it. 

There are many people who come off these drugs later in life and do just fine, especially with a slow and careful taper. And as Alto mentioned, she could be dealing with drug interactions. If that can be adjusted, she'll be in a better position should she decide she wishes to come off.