SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Eastcoastgirl: a life free of antidepressants

Eastcoastgirl

I'm in really rough shape the past couple days. I'm so fatigued I can't function and I feel like I have the flu but I don't. I also have the worst gastrointestinal symptoms in the world. I reinstated for a couple days but it only made me worse so I stopped again. I feel like i'm losing everyone in my life because I feel too unwell to leave my bed let alone my house. I usually get liquid IVs to get my vitamins in because I have malabsoroption issues, but I haven't had one in over a month and can't get myself to go in.. I feel like that's probably making me even worse if i'm depleted on vitamins? 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, KMart95 said:

I usually get liquid IVs to get my vitamins in because I have malabsoroption issues, but I haven't had one in over a month

Has this happened before and you noticed the same thing?  If yes, then it is not a withdrawal related issue and may well be what is making or contributing to how you are currently feeling.  There are times we have to make the effort to do what we need to do, as hard as it may be.  If it is something that is going to make you feel better than you do now, you will need to find a way to get the IV.

Are you under the treatment of a doctor for the malabsorption?  If yes, then I suggest you contact the doctor and request assistance in getting the treatment you need.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

45 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Has this happened before and you noticed the same thing?  If yes, then it is not a withdrawal related issue and may well be what is making or contributing to how you are currently feeling.  There are times we have to make the effort to do what we need to do, as hard as it may be.  If it is something that is going to make you feel better than you do now, you will need to find a way to get the IV.

Are you under the treatment of a doctor for the malabsorption?  If yes, then I suggest you contact the doctor and request assistance in getting the treatment you need.

The fatigue yes, but not this severe and not all the other symptoms. I have to wait a few more days until they are open again.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, KMart95 said:

The fatigue yes, but not this severe and not all the other symptoms.

It may be worse because of the time of year.  Many members have been posting that their symptoms have been worse recently which is most probably due to the added stress/excitement etc of Christmas/New Year period.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

11 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

It may be worse because of the time of year.  Many members have been posting that their symptoms have been worse recently which is most probably due to the added stress/excitement etc of Christmas/New Year period.

I hope that's what it is. Is fatigue considered a withdrawal symptom? I feel like my brain is tired and I can't think clearly or focus on anything. 

• Moderator Emeritus

It's hard to know is causing your fatigue, because you have another medical condition that may be producing that symptom.  If you find that after getting the vitamin IV the fatigue and any other symptoms improve then you could be fairly certain that it was caused from the malabsorption.

However this is also something to consider - you have made a lot of changes in a short period of time.  Because of this It is impossible to know what your symptoms are from.

2009-August 2018: 20mg Celexa

-August 2018: Straight switch from 20mg Celexa to 10mg Prozac.

September-December 2018: Prozac 

-December 2018: Stopped taking Prozac after 4 month taper.

2010-November 2018: Marvelon 21 (Birth Control) 

-November 2018: Stopped taking Marvelon 21.

There are a wide variety of symptoms which can be from withdrawal.  Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

brain-fog-blank-mind-comprehension-cognitive-and-memory-problems

There are many existing topics on this site.  I like to use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  I suggest you have a look around the site to see what other members are experiencing.

I can't get off the last bit of Prozac for the life of me. I made it 5 days off again and I became a basket case today.. a lot more quickly than i'd imagine considering the long half life. I am going to stay at .5mg for a long time now, but I don't know how i'll get off it. .5mg in my syringe is barely anything so it's going to be difficult to cut that down even lower.

• Moderator Emeritus

You need to look at the big picture:

On 12/31/2018 at 9:39 AM, KMart95 said:

I'm in really rough shape the past couple days. I'm so fatigued I can't function and I feel like I have the flu but I don't. I also have the worst gastrointestinal symptoms in the world. I reinstated for a couple days but it only made me worse so I stopped again. I feel like i'm losing everyone in my life because I feel too unwell to leave my bed let alone my house. I usually get liquid IVs to get my vitamins in because I have malabsoroption issues, but I haven't had one in over a month and can't get myself to go in.. I feel like that's probably making me even worse if i'm depleted on vitamins? 

PLUS

28 minutes ago, KMart95 said:

I can't get off the last bit of Prozac for the life of me. I made it 5 days off again and I became a basket case today.

PLUS

On 12/31/2018 at 12:33 PM, ChessieCat said:

2010-November 2018: Marvelon 21 (Birth Control) 

-November 2018: Stopped taking Marvelon 21.

I get that I made a lot of changes, I just don't understand why I can't get off the last little bit without experiencing withdrawal, no matter how long I hold at .5mg

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/31/2018 at 12:33 PM, ChessieCat said:

You have tried to get off 10mg Prozac in 4 months.  You may also be experiencing withdrawal symptoms from Celexa which you stopped in August 2018 after being on if for 9 years.

If you had tapered by 10% of current dose with 4 weeks hold you would be at 6.56mg at this time.  It takes about 2 years to get from 10mg to 0.5mg

dose start date
10.00 9/1/2018
9.00 9/29/2018
8.10 10/27/2018
7.29 11/24/2018
6.56 12/22/2018
Edited by ChessieCat

On 1/1/2019 at 1:55 AM, ChessieCat said:

You have tried to get off 10mg Prozac in 4 months.  You may also be experiencing withdrawal symptoms from Celexa which you stopped in August 2018 after being on if for 9 years.

If you had tapered by 10% of current dose with 4 weeks hold you would be at 6.56mg at this time.  It takes about 2 years to get from 10mg to 0.5mg

dose start date
10.00 9/1/2018
9.00 9/29/2018
8.10 10/27/2018
7.29 11/24/2018
6.56 12/22/2018

You are right when I looked at the big picture it made sense. I learned the hard way that I wasn't actually doing as well as I thought, the withdrawal was just extremely delayed. The past few days I was a basketcase. I reinstated at 2.5 , .5mg just wasn't cutting it because my hormones were way out of whack as well and I was having incredibly bad symptoms. I'm going to stay on this dose for probably a year and then give it one last (very slow) try in the future or else i'm stuck on these things. I haven't been able to get out of bed for a week , my body is so drained.

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, KMart95 said:

I reinstated at 2.5 , .5mg just wasn't cutting it

We probably would have suggested a much smaller updose.

Please update your drug signature with the date and dose.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

I updosed to .5mg and it did nothing. I was desperate. My nervous system is mad at me but I felt like I was going to lose my mind.

• Administrator

How are you doing at 2.5mg Prozac?

On 12/30/2018 at 2:39 PM, KMart95 said:

I usually get liquid IVs to get my vitamins in because I have malabsoroption issues, but I haven't had one in over a month and can't get myself to go in.. I feel like that's probably making me even worse if i'm depleted on vitamins? 

I agree with Chessie, you need your vitamin treatment.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

20 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How are you doing at 2.5mg Prozac?

I agree with Chessie, you need your vitamin treatment.

Much better! I finally feel pretty much stable. Feeling a little bit depressed at times but I hope that will go. Finally getting vitamin treatment tomorrow.

Just an update.

Currently i'm dealing with -

Extreme fatigue. I've always been an overly tired person but it's gotten much worse during withdrawal and hasn't improved much since reinstating. 

Insomnia and nightmares - This happened to me when I first started Prozac but they eventually went away so i'm staying hopeful.

POTS. This is probably the worst one. My heart pounds when I stand up and also when I do anything remotely strenuous. Reinstatement hasn't helped this either.

Histamine intolerance. When I eat certain foods or take a hot shower/bath I get a rapid heartbeat, panic attacks, low blood pressure, acid reflux. 

Leg pains. These started when I stopped the Prozac and have actually gotten worse back on it. I have bad cramping in my legs and a lot of twitching. It is the worst at night. 

Digestive issues. I've had stomach issues my whole life, but these came early in my taper. The change in gut serotonin has caused a lot of pain, cramping and inflammation.

Chest pains and restricted airway? These seem to be caused by the Prozac liquid. I think i'm mildly allergic to it but i'm not sure what to do about it because I can't just stop the Prozac abruptly.

The Prozac reinstatement has helped my mood, rumination, crying spells and panic attacks (aside from histamine induced panic).. but these new withdrawal symptoms I fear may be here to stay, despite the reinstatement, are disheartening. 

Had my IV yesterday.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kmart, 

Just wanted to say I’m sorry you have so many symptoms. Are you on a low histamine diet? I have problems with histamine too, the Seroquel has caused that. Sending hugs your way🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

5 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Hi Kmart, 

Just wanted to say I’m sorry you have so many symptoms. Are you on a low histamine diet? I have problems with histamine too, the Seroquel has caused that. Sending hugs your way🤗

Thank you ❤ yes I am but I try to eat a high histamine foods a few times a week. I've learned from doing low fodmap for SIBO for 4 years that cuttings food out for too long makes me even more intolerant to then in the future. As long as I don't let my histamine bucket fill up i'm okay. But the fact that i'm possibly allergic to Prozac constantly makes me feel like I have a tightness in my chest and a higher heart rate. 

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, KMart95 said:

Thank you ❤ yes I am but I try to eat a high histamine foods a few times a week. I've learned from doing low fodmap for SIBO for 4 years that cuttings food out for too long makes me even more intolerant to then in the future. As long as I don't let my histamine bucket fill up i'm okay. But the fact that i'm possibly allergic to Prozac constantly makes me feel like I have a tightness in my chest and a higher heart rate. 

Sounds like a very sensible plan Kmart, 

I still eat high histamine foods too, but just make sure that a lot of them are low. I don’t get a lot of symptoms from the histamine, the main symptom is my face breaks out severely, I’m in my fifties and I can end up looking like a teenager with acne if I’m not careful.

I’m so sorry about the tightness in your chest. I’ve had breathing problems due to other issues in the past and it’s the scariest thing ever. Im okay at the moment though. I hope the tightness in your chest subsides a bit. One day at a time. Sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Just now, Carmie said:

Sounds like a very sensible plan Kmart, 

I still eat high histamine foods too, but just make sure that a lot of them are low. I don’t get a lot of symptoms from the histamine, the main symptom is my face breaks out severely, I’m in my fifties and I can end up looking like a teenager with acne if I’m not careful.

I’m so sorry about the tightness in your chest. I’ve had breathing problems due to other issues in the past and it’s the scariest thing ever. Im okay at the moment though. I hope the tightness in your chest subsides a bit. One day at a time. Sending hugs🤗

Wow I didn't know histamine could do that, how terrible it is ! The chest pain is really freaking me out. I already have anxiety and I can't go to sleep thinking about it. I hope it is nothing to worry about. Thank you, sending you good luck !

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, KMart95 said:

Wow I didn't know histamine could do that, how terrible it is ! The chest pain is really freaking me out. I already have anxiety and I can't go to sleep thinking about it. I hope it is nothing to worry about. Thank you, sending you good luck !

Hi Kmart, 

I didn’t know that either, but I just figured it out due to experience. When I eat mainly low histamine foods my face is fine, no breakouts. 

Chest pain and chest problems can be due to withdrawals, if you think it’s something else though don’t hesitate to have it checked out. If it’s causing you that much anxiety have it checked out. Once you find out though there’s nothing wrong, it will be withdrawals.

I’ve had so many symptoms in withdrawals where I thought there was something terribly wrong with me, but it ended up being withdrawals. I had a burning mouth for months, ear aches, toothaches etc. I had no infections, it was always withdrawals. When my mouth wouldn’t stop burning I googled it and saw people had burning mouth syndrome for many, many years n it freaked me out. Since coming on this site, I’ve realised that nearly every one of my symptoms has been withdrawals. I stay away from Doctor google now. 

Take care💚

I think i've finally cracked the code as to what's wrong with me. 

Back in June I went on vacation with my boyfriend. I starting have severe panic attacks everyday while I was away and didn't know why. I went to the hospital and they gave me ativan .5mg .. enough for the week. I cut the .5mg in half and took it when I needed it. When I got back I found out I had C Diff and that was causing the panic attacks, but I continued taking the ativan .5mg at least once a week because of my anxiety. I am still taking it 6 months later. It wasn't working as well at .5mg so on really bad days (only a couple occasions) I took 1mg. I have been doing a lot of research and I had no clue benzos could cause severe withdrawal at such a low dose. I know that they are addictive, but I thought I was in the clear taking .5mg now and then so I never mentioned it here. 

The past few weeks i've started to notice that every time I got two days without ativan I start feeling awful. I'm very twitchy, panicky, drowsy and foggy brained. Last night was very scary. I woke up with a pounding heart that wouldn't calm down, nausea, and tingly cold limbs. I'm very afraid that i've become dependant on this drug and if I had known I would have never touched it. What can I do?? 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'll let the other mods know that you need assistance.

Please add the Ativan doses and usage to your drug signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, KMart95 said:

The past few weeks i've started to notice that every time I got two days without ativan I start feeling awful. I'm very twitchy, panicky, drowsy and foggy brained. Last night was very scary. I woke up with a pounding heart that wouldn't calm down, nausea, and tingly cold limbs. I'm very afraid that i've become dependant on this drug and if I had known I would have never touched it. What can I do?? 

KMart, it really sounds like you're dependent on Ativan now. This can happen even with periodic use.

Please start a daily drug and symptoms journal. Ativan has a short half-life (10 - 20 hours), so it's possible you may benefit from spacing it out during the day to prevent inter-dose withdrawal and rebound symptoms.  We can sort that out after you start posting your daily symptom pattern for a few days.

Please also include:

• supplements
  • the hours you sleep each night
  • when you are eating 

On 9/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, Altostrata said:

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms.

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs. If you're not taking any drugs, we need to see your symptom pattern throughout the day: Are symptoms worse at any particular times of day?

The time of day, dosage, and severity of symptoms are essential information. Include:

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in morning, with time and description of any symptoms in the morning

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in afternoon, with time and description of any symptoms in the afternoon

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in evening, with time and description of any symptoms in the evening

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in middle of the night, with time and description of any symptoms in the middle of the night (such as waking)

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, looking something like this:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:21 AM, SkyBlue said:

It is extremely likely that the withdrawal caused the symptoms of pmdd. That is what has been true for me. My waves are 90% hormone-related. The reason it's difficult to distinguish pmdd and withdrawal is that they are one and the same.

I hope it is comforting to know that it is not likely that a person's hormones suddenly go completely haywire for no reason. It is because of withdrawal. The idea that ssri have been "masking" some kind of underlying condition is a major myth and the reason why many people stay on them, thinking they need them.

Regardless, the main thing is to stay safe during that time. If it helps, I can completely understand what you are going through. I have many of your same symptoms, and the worst, of course, is feeling very very suicidal. I've had to put together a major arsenal of coping strategies, including asking people to remind me what I know is true, and that this really isn't me (because I really can't see for myself during that time). It's beyond difficult and I send you solidarity and strength.

I've found that beyond my usual routine of self-care and rest during that time, the main thing that helps is time--until I get beyond that range of days.

Please know what you've been trying that works or at least helps. ❤️ You are not alone.

How is your PMDD now? I have never had pms issues, except the usual suspects, and now I have "self-diagnosed" myself with PMDD. Actually, if I were to go to the doctor, this is what they would diagnose as well. Do you feel this does heal with time? I am 3 years into a taper from Lexapro, and my waves and symptoms are all related to my hormones. I am HYPER sensitive to the changes in levels. I can literally feel it. I have even been experiencing sort of visual hallucinations and what feels like a mild psychosis a week before I start. The day I start comes the depression and hopelesness. I also just spotted for a full week before my actual cycle, and for the last few months my periods have been all clots (sorry, TMI) I have never had clots before.

This is the only time I experience the depression now. I'm afraid that my brain/genes have now been switched or changed to that of people who suffer organic PMDD. 

Thoughts? Have you tried anything that helps? I don't want to try the pill bc I have always had a rough time with it, but I have heard that an estrogen patch can be helpful for some...

I hope you are healing from this!!!

XX

med history: 17 years total

Concerta: 2 yrs - cold turkey, brought on first "depression" 

Short trials of Zoloft and Effexor: 1-3 years - multiple cold turkey's brought on OCD intrusive thoughts for the first time

Lexapro 15-20 mg (16 yrs)  - tried to quit once, cold turkey, worst WD ever, had to go on to 20mg to stop WD

Welbutrin 150mg (8-ish yrs) NO w/d symptoms from CT

Adderall 5-7.5mg (8-10-ish yrs) quit CT, brought on many WD symptoms, but manageable. 

Begin taper March 2018 Currently on 4.4 mg lexapro - down from 20mg

Symptoms depression, horrible intrusive thoughts and urges, new onset PMS/PMDD, constant extreme irritation and anger, visual hallucinations, irrational thinking patterns, panic, nausea, dizzy, intolerance to working out, chemical sensitivities, noise sensitivities, memory issues, heart palps, etc. 

13 hours ago, Peachy said:

How is your PMDD now? I have never had pms issues, except the usual suspects, and now I have "self-diagnosed" myself with PMDD. Actually, if I were to go to the doctor, this is what they would diagnose as well. Do you feel this does heal with time? I am 3 years into a taper from Lexapro, and my waves and symptoms are all related to my hormones. I am HYPER sensitive to the changes in levels. I can literally feel it. I have even been experiencing sort of visual hallucinations and what feels like a mild psychosis a week before I start. The day I start comes the depression and hopelesness. I also just spotted for a full week before my actual cycle, and for the last few months my periods have been all clots (sorry, TMI) I have never had clots before.

This is the only time I experience the depression now. I'm afraid that my brain/genes have now been switched or changed to that of people who suffer organic PMDD. 

Thoughts? Have you tried anything that helps? I don't want to try the pill bc I have always had a rough time with it, but I have heard that an estrogen patch can be helpful for some...

I hope you are healing from this!!!

XX

Wow such a sweet comment , this makes me feel so much better! I've gone through it all the past few months. I haven't posted here in a while because it's been nearly impossible for me to stabilize. My PMDD is at an all time high right now, but I am about a month and a half off of birth control , so i'm sure in a few months when my hormones level out it will become more tolerable. When I get close to my period i'm extremely suicidal and have horrendous panic attacks. It was so bad that I ended up in the hospital.. lost a ton of weight and was put on 10mg of Prozac. I only lasted 4 weeks and ended up with every awful side effect in the book. I had to stop cold turkey due to severe suicidal thoughts, so i'm pretty much in birth control and prozac withdrawal (4 days off). I still have hope it will improve, but it is scary times. 

On 1/9/2019 at 11:17 PM, Carmie said:

Hi Kmart, 

I didn’t know that either, but I just figured it out due to experience. When I eat mainly low histamine foods my face is fine, no breakouts. 

Chest pain and chest problems can be due to withdrawals, if you think it’s something else though don’t hesitate to have it checked out. If it’s causing you that much anxiety have it checked out. Once you find out though there’s nothing wrong, it will be withdrawals.

I’ve had so many symptoms in withdrawals where I thought there was something terribly wrong with me, but it ended up being withdrawals. I had a burning mouth for months, ear aches, toothaches etc. I had no infections, it was always withdrawals. When my mouth wouldn’t stop burning I googled it and saw people had burning mouth syndrome for many, many years n it freaked me out. Since coming on this site, I’ve realised that nearly every one of my symptoms has been withdrawals. I stay away from Doctor google now. 

Take care💚

I had burning mouth too! It did go away pretty quickly, but it wasn’t fun...

med history: 17 years total

Concerta: 2 yrs - cold turkey, brought on first "depression" 

Short trials of Zoloft and Effexor: 1-3 years - multiple cold turkey's brought on OCD intrusive thoughts for the first time

Lexapro 15-20 mg (16 yrs)  - tried to quit once, cold turkey, worst WD ever, had to go on to 20mg to stop WD

Welbutrin 150mg (8-ish yrs) NO w/d symptoms from CT

Adderall 5-7.5mg (8-10-ish yrs) quit CT, brought on many WD symptoms, but manageable. 

Begin taper March 2018 Currently on 4.4 mg lexapro - down from 20mg

Symptoms depression, horrible intrusive thoughts and urges, new onset PMS/PMDD, constant extreme irritation and anger, visual hallucinations, irrational thinking patterns, panic, nausea, dizzy, intolerance to working out, chemical sensitivities, noise sensitivities, memory issues, heart palps, etc. 

Is it okay to take an antihistamine for a short period during acute withdrawal? I have children's non drowsy reactine and i've been taking half a teaspoon when i'm feeling really emotional and it seems to really help. I remember reading something from Dr.Healey where he recommends trying an antihistamine to help with withdrawal. Many of my symptoms tend to be histamine related so maybe this is why it seems to work well for me, but if it's going to slow the healing process I won't continue.

I have been struggling the past few days. Extreme bone crushing fatigue from the time I wake up until I go to bed yet I can't sleep at night, depresonalization, dizziness, muscle aches, and nausea. I took 10mg of Prozac for 4 weeks and was told to stop completely when I developed extreme suicidal thoughts. I am now 15 days off the drug. Am I likely to have significant withdrawal symptoms after 4 weeks of taking it? This is my 2nd withdrawal from Prozac but the first time I tapered and didn't stay off long.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with fatigue and insomnia :( 

I've established a pretty rock solid nighttime routine and my body is really good at shutting down and sleeping if I follow my routine.

Things my routine includes: A cup of tea, heavy weighted blanket, hypnosis videos from YouTube, deep breathing. Sometimes a hot shower/hotel bath with epsom salts before bed. 

I know it is nothing groundbreaking, but if you can find a combination of things you like/things that relax you and you can incorporate them into some kind of routine, your body may be able to follow along. 

I hope you feel better really soon!

Celexa 10mg: 2007 to June 2018, stopped CT

No meds: June 2018 to December 2018

PROTRACTED WD-- major depressive episode for 2+ weeks

Lexapro 10mg: December 12, 2018 to January 19, 2019, severe adverse reaction

Celexa 10mg: January 20, 2019

June 24, 2019: 9mg

July 22, 2019: 8.5mg

Jan 8, 2020: 8mg

Aug 25, 2020: 7.2mg

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil

21 minutes ago, puthappinessfirst said:

Sorry to hear you're dealing with fatigue and insomnia :( 

I've established a pretty rock solid nighttime routine and my body is really good at shutting down and sleeping if I follow my routine.

Things my routine includes: A cup of tea, heavy weighted blanket, hypnosis videos from YouTube, deep breathing. Sometimes a hot shower/hotel bath with epsom salts before bed. 

I know it is nothing groundbreaking, but if you can find a combination of things you like/things that relax you and you can incorporate them into some kind of routine, your body may be able to follow along. 

I hope you feel better really soon!

Those are actually really great tips, thank you ! I tend to spend a lot of time on my phone before bed to try and distract myself from how awful I feel, so I need to break that habit and try and start a routine myself ! 

Starting having a rapid heartbeat the past few days. About 115 when sitting. Is this withdrawal or maybe histamine related? I can't stand it.

Histamine is my biggest issue right now. I'm miserable with head cold type symptoms that I never had before taking antidepressants. Antihistamines help perk up my mood a bit but don't do much for the post nasal drip, sinus swelling, headaches, ringing ears..

I'm about 20 days off Prozac now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Having a very hard time. I have some a bad hormone imbalance since stopping birth control. So bad that when my second period came I went to the hospital with extreme suicidal thoughts and anger. They gave me Celexa 5 mg and a new birth control , both of which I was really hesitant to take. I took about 5 days of both and I swear I went insane. I haven't been the same since. I had a breakdown and self harmed for the first time in my life. My pupils were apparently really dilated and ever since i've had continued anger, depression, restless legs, muscle twitching and exhaustion. I'm in a very dark place that I haven't been able to get out of in several weeks. I can't seem to reinstate anymore, my nervous system is just way too sensitive but i've never had depression/suicidal thoughts in my life and i'm very scared. 

Can anyone advise if it is safe to cut a multivitamin tablet? Too weak to go get an IV but need energy. I can't tolerate the full pill- too stimulating.