SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Notable people/sources on Twitter

Bee5

Hi All,

I have recently created an anonymous Twitter account to follow the latest developments, debates and publications on mental health issues. So far (one week in) I have been very impressed by some of the publications being released from scientific journals and by the levels of civil society activism regarding anti-depressant and benzo withdrawal, informed consent and iatrogenic harm. I am looking for more people to follow, so if any SA members are on Twitter or if they are aware of influencers/doctors/societies/organisations to follow, I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Bee

7 months of prescribed polypharmacy in 2015-2016, including several classes of psych meds.

1st attempt at taper was too fast. 2nd attempt is underway.

1 Mar 2018: 37.5 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 300 mg quetiapine

1 Oct 2020: 30 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 37.5 mg quetiapine

15 May 2022: 25 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 0 mg quetiapine

11 Jan 2024: 20 mg paroxetine, 118.75 mg lamotrigine 

Supplements: Iron, Vit D magnesium glycinate, omega 3

I am not a medical professional. All my posts are my opinions only, based on my experiences.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Following this. I am motivated towards activism and spreading the word to stem the tide and urge people never to start these meds if they can. Bee could you share your anon account so I can see whom you follow?

Apr 2018: Began 10 mg Amitriptyline (for headaches & insomnia from concussion).

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

My anon Twitter handle is @MHCurious.

7 months of prescribed polypharmacy in 2015-2016, including several classes of psych meds.

I am not a medical professional. All my posts are my opinions only, based on my experiences.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:49 PM, Bee5 said:

Hi All,

I have recently created an anonymous Twitter account to follow the latest developments, debates and publications on mental health issues. So far (one week in) I have been very impressed by some of the publications being released from scientific journals and by the levels of civil society activism regarding anti-depressant and benzo withdrawal, informed consent and iatrogenic harm. I am looking for more people to follow, so if any SA members are on Twitter or if they are aware of influencers/doctors/societies/organisations to follow, I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Bee

Michael P. Hengartner, PhD @HengartnerMP

Joanna Moncrieff

David Healy

https://twitter.com/CEP_UK

Escitalopram 1.05 mg (max of 30 mg, taper from 10 mg to now started september 2016)

Klonopin 0.3 mg (one dosage reduction of 25 percent, from 0.4 to 0.3 mg september 2017)

Supplements: magnesium malate, fish oil, curcumin, multivitamin, iodine, probiotics, vitamine D along with eating healthy 80 percent of the time, I have no problem whatsoever taking supplements.

Thanks Linus, I already follow all the people you suggested.

Wishing you well on your journey.

Best wishes to you too :)

Escitalopram 1.05 mg (max of 30 mg, taper from 10 mg to now started september 2016)

Klonopin 0.3 mg (one dosage reduction of 25 percent, from 0.4 to 0.3 mg september 2017)

Supplements: magnesium malate, fish oil, curcumin, multivitamin, iodine, probiotics, vitamine D along with eating healthy 80 percent of the time, I have no problem whatsoever taking supplements.