Cari: Deanxit withdrawal

Cari

Ahhh ok.... yes an option... I will need to talk to a Dr. Do they even sell 1mg pills?? Or I'd need to do water titration? No one understands that here. Or it seems most Drs.

-Taking Deanxit - 1 tablet daily for 4-5 years (drug banned in many countries)

-Started tapering May 1, 2018

-Dr told me to go ct 1 week later

-Another Dr put me back on 1 week later (dizzy)

-Ended up in ER May 15, 2018 went to neurologist same day and he took me off Deanxit and put me on Depokine(Depokote) 5oo mg -Multiple withdrawal symptoms.

-Started tapering from Depokote 8 wks later - tapered slowly for 2 months

-Sept 20 stopped taking 64 mg Depokine on advice from 2 doctors seemed to be getting worse.

-many withdrawal symptoms continue no improvement.. 10 days off getting worse.

-given Lorazepam to sleep at night on Sept 21. Took 1/2 first 2 nights, then 1/4 the next, skipped 3 days, took 1/8, skipped a day, felt AWFUL the next day, trying to cut smaller from that day on... 1/8 or smaller...had a very bad day Oct. 8th...back to Dr. Trying to continue to taper........ afraid to just stop from very bad days!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cari

• manymoretodays

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

As explained above, you will need to titrate via liquid or weighing tablet fragments. Liquid is easier.

2 hours ago, Cari said:

I went smaller in pill cut size yesterday... I haven't reacted too much before this so thought it would be ok as always. It's so tiny now it's not even funny. Could my body really be THAT SENSITIVE to such a tiny amount for a short period of time? Would going up a tiny little bigger for tomorrow complicate the withdrawal process? I've read this can cause kindling?

Yes, you are that sensitive.

It sounds to me that the benzo is subduing your Deanxit withdrawal symptoms and when you reduce the benzo, you're experiencing Deanxit withdrawal rather than from the benzo.

If I were you, I'd stop tapering the benzo. Use a water titration method to take a consistent low dosage until you can get one of the tricyclic antidepressants.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

As explained above, you will need to titrate via liquid or weighing tablet fragments. Liquid is easier.

It sounds to me that the benzo is subduing your Deanxit withdrawal symptoms and when you reduce the benzo, you're experiencing Deanxit withdrawal rather than from the benzo.

If I were you, I'd stop tapering the benzo. Use a water titration method to take a consistent low dosage until you can get one of the tricyclic antidepressants.

Yes I started thinking this as well... because I take the benzo at night and recently in the afternoon I am feeling worse and worse... I was thinking the benzo was helping me with the withdrawal from the Deanxit or maybe still the Depokote from 3 weeks ago almost...  and the lower dosage I take the withdrawal symptoms start coming back. 

I really wanted off the benzo fast! And I also need to find another Dr. asap. I don't know how to do liquid titration or where to start. Can you help me with this please? 

-Ended up in ER May 15, 2018 went to neurologist same day and he took me off Deanxit and put me on Depokine(Depokote) 5oo mg -Multiple withdrawal symptoms.

-Sept 20 stopped taking 64 mg Depokine on advice from 2 doctors seemed to be getting worse.

-given Lorazepam to sleep at night on Sept 21. Took 1/2 first 2 nights, then 1/4 the next, skipped 3 days, took 1/8, skipped a day, felt AWFUL the next day, trying to cut smaller from that day on... 1/8 or smaller...had a very bad day Oct. 8th...back to Dr. Trying to continue to taper........ afraid to just stop from very bad days!

14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

The idea is that reinstatement of a a SMALL amount, such as 1mg melitracen, or imipramine or amitriptyline might help you sleep so you don't need the benzo.

Is it known that 1 of the 3 tricyclic meds you listed above is better or safer than the another, or also easier to get off of??

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto linked the other two in her post.  imipramine or amitriptyline 

From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melitracen:

Melitracen is a tricyclic antidepressant marketed in Europe and Japan by Lundbeck and Takeda, respectively, for the treatment of depression and anxiety. In addition to single drug preparations, it is also available as Deanxit, a combination product containing both melitracen and flupentixol.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I went to a Dr today... and he told me to just stop the lorazepam and I will be ok, and that I took it a short time and am down to a small piece. Dont take anymore. He was a Pulmonary Dr and an Internal Medicine Dr. 

No one believes me or understands withdrawal syndrome here. I argued witbh him over and over and described how I felt just yesterday... like I was dying and he insisted it is in my head.... I need to change my thought process. It's very frustrating and my husband is believing the Doctors who all say this.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:55 AM, Cari said:

Thank you! I'm still hoping to use nothing... ride this out and HEAL! IF I can't bare it anymore I will discuss taking 1 of the above antidepressants. Think it would still work after being off for 5 months? Or it's ify? If I need to take it I will contact you to make a liquid drug form! Thank you!

I am weaning down quickly from Lorazepam. Took a very tiny piece last night and the night before, just as precaution. So far so good a little more dizzy yesterday, but fighting through it! I will completely stop in the next few days only!

Please help me try to use water titration to wean from the Lorazepam slowly and see if I can do it. If it goes bad I will stop and see another Dr.

Tell me what to do step by step precisely for my situation. I have 1 mg pills but I am cutting down to 1/8 size of the pill. I really don't just want to stop like the Dr said and just see what happens. I think this is dangerous also.

• Administrator

Cari, doctors are like this all over the world. They don't know anything about tapering or withdrawal.

You will need to find another doctor who will prescribe melitracen, or imipramine or amitriptyline. You will need to make a homemade suspension with any of them. You will need to taper any of them. We have the most experience with imipramine or amitriptyline here, as melitracen is not widely prescribed.

21 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please start a topic here to find out how to titrate lorazepam.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Cari, per our conversation over in your benzo thread, here is some information on using the liquid method to get to a low dose of your antidepressant:

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Please post the name of the tricyclic once you get your prescription so a moderator can give you advice specific to that drug. 

Is anyone dizzy ALL the time?? I went ct 5 months ago on my AD and since then I have been dizzy and off-balance, it fluxuates in intensity but is always there from the time I wake up until I go to bed... it truly is the most disruptive symptom in my life or I know I would be doing a lot more and pushing forward harder! I even stopped driving the car afraid to drive. Some advice was given to try to reinstate a very tiny amount like 1mg only of the AD to try to help. I don't want any of this poison anymore I really DONT... but I can't function and stopped wanting to go out because I'm dizzy everywhere I go, It's debilitating. I was hoping it would slowly pass and improve in time... and now I'm worried there is some kind of permanent damage.... . . . ? I don't read often of many who are dizzy ALL the time!

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

8 hours ago, Shep said:

Cari, per our conversation over in your benzo thread, here is some information on using the liquid method to get to a low dose of your antidepressant:

Please post the name of the tricyclic once you get your prescription so a moderator can give you advice specific to that drug. 

Tricyclic is hard to find in Jordan, I may have an issue. Most pharmacies do not have it, but I found 1 that said they are getting a shipment in of Tryptizol (Imipramine) 25 mg, but it wont be in until Saturday morning. And then I worry if it will be available in the future? Or there will be shipment issues?

I am still on the line about even taking another AD, I know I am suffering... but I feel like I will be just starting the cycle over again and maybe even damaging progress I made. Problem is I have a very bad day now and then and it scares me back into wanting help. And Im not sure how this Lorazepam tapering will go... I am still working on it. Just an update on my thoughts. 

Ugh.... nausea the past 3 days . . . I thought it was because I had taken a 1/4 cut of Panadol Night to sleep 2 nights in a row, but skipped it last night and more nausea. Withdrawal from Lorazepam?? I slept awful last night.

Can I take Melatonin to help with sleep while I am on Lorazepam? Also still seem to have breathing issues at night... Dr said t he thinks it is anxiety and didnt offer a sleep test. 

14 hours ago, Cari said:

Tricyclic is hard to find in Jordan, I may have an issue. Most pharmacies do not have it, but I found 1 that said they are getting a shipment in of Tryptizol (Imipramine) 25 mg, but it wont be in until Saturday morning. And then I worry if it will be available in the future? Or there will be shipment issues?

I am still on the line about even taking another AD, I know I am suffering... but I feel like I will be just starting the cycle over again and maybe even damaging progress I made. Problem is I have a very bad day now and then and it scares me back into wanting help. And Im not sure how this Lorazepam tapering will go... I am still working on it. Just an update on my thoughts. 

Ok I looked up Tryptizol 25 mg and it is actually amitriptyline, it can even affect your heart. Is this even safe? 

Sorry for all my questions, but Thank you for all your help!!

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/10/2018 at 3:59 AM, Altostrata said:

You will need to find another doctor who will prescribe melitracen, or imipramine or amitriptyline.

3 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Tryptizol is the brand name for amitriptyline here in Jordan.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cari,  You will only be taking 1mg (milligram) of the amitriptyline (Tryptizol).  I'm so glad you found some.   It is quite a low dose, which undoubtedly. .....your doctor won't understand.  That's great that you found some!    Try NOT to worry so much and negative forecast.  Do go back and look at the posts to you and links contained therein.  Keep it simple and slow and as stable as possible.  I cannot wait to hear some positive updates from you soon.  Love, peace, healing, and growth.  mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I'm having major breathing issues. Is this normal?? Especially at night! I saw a pulmonary dr and he checked my breathing and just said it is strong and it's anxiety. But the more I wean from Lorazepam the worse it is getting. Struggling today breathing awake, it feels odd and irregular like I must force breath to bteath and concentrate on it or I stop and I couldn't sleep after 4 am my breathing would just stop as I fell asleep, so I don't fall asleep. My breathing is not normal!

Hi cari just stopping by to say I am so so sorry your doctors have got you in this mess...The breathing what you “discribe” seems to be normal for WD...I was convinced I had something terribly wrong.But it’s all part of WD...The anxiety around it,then feeds into more..

you wont stop breathing & nothing will bad will happen.Your nervous system as been been de-stabilised due to the drugs.So this is not you,it’s your nervous system trying to work very hard to get you back to normal.I promise you will be ok...your in very good hands here..

pink xxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

4 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

Hi cari just stopping by to say I am so so sorry your doctors have got you in this mess...The breathing what you “discribe” seems to be normal for WD...I was convinced I had something terribly wrong.But it’s all part of WD...The anxiety around it,then feeds into more..

you wont stop breathing & nothing will bad will happen.Your nervous system as been been de-stabilised due to the drugs.So this is not you,it’s your nervous system trying to work very hard to get you back to normal.I promise you will be ok...your in very good hands here..

pink xxx

Thank you pink, 💕 I appreciate the supportive response, this part is scaring me the most. I did go to another Pulmonary Dr today and he says I can go and set up a sleep Apnea test at the hospital, but I found out insurance doesn't cover it here. I would have to pay out of pocket and be tested at home, but may be worth it to me for peace of mind! It sure feels like I will stop breathing...my chest is tight all day and I have to force breath and sleeping is awful. 

I really do hope I won't stop breathing..... scared. Which of course makes it worse Im sure! Sigh . . . . It seems like 8 can't win.

• Moderator Emeritus

Carie, what you're describing may be a very common symptom during withdrawal, especially benzo withdrawal, called "air hunger". 

Below are a couple of posts I made to another member with some information and breathing exercises that may be helpful:

On 9/20/2017 at 2:16 PM, Shep said:

There's a symptom common with benzos called "air hunger" or more scientifically, dyspnea. 

I had this horribly during acute benzo and z-drug withdrawal and it wasn't necessarily triggered by an anxiety provoking event (although stress will definitely make it worse). Benzos are muscle relaxers and there are some theories floating around the benzo forums that air hunger could be triggered by a sudden weakness in the respiratory muscles. Not sure about the science in that, but since it happened a number of times in the middle of the night when I was sleeping (and not anxious), it does make sense.

I came across this breathing technique and found it very effective. 

4-7-8 Breathing: Health Benefits & Demonstration article and video (8 minutes)

I would go through this video twice a day and see if you can master this technique. I've been using it for over 3 years and it's one of the most powerful non-drug coping techniques I've found so far. 

And there's a cartoon version, too. 

4-7-8 Breathing Exercise by GoZen (video 3.5 minutes)

When air hunger strikes, it can be extremely frightening, so being prepared by learning breathing techniques well ahead of time can be quite helpful. 

Give these videos a try at least twice a day as part of your daily routine and see if it helps. It's also good for anxiety and insomnia. Once you master this technique, as soon as you feel yourself moving in an anxious thought-stream, simply bring your focus to your breath, breathe in to 4, hold to 7, breathe out to 8. And repeat. If holding to 7 or breathing out to 8 is too long, simply do the best you can. It took me quite a bit of practice to get it, especially while stressed, but it was worth the effort. 

Just follow the bubbles. :)

478Breathe500x500c129revised.gif

If this isn't the right technique for you, you may want to check out this thread for other techniques:

Breathing for Mood and Well Being (Yoga and other Techniques)

On 9/20/2017 at 3:28 PM, Shep said:

This is another one you may find helpful. It's from a hospital site (Hamilton Health Sciences) and what I like about it is the way she explains how to hold your posture so that your shoulders rotate out, expanding the amount of space in your lungs. This will be very helpful if you have another air hunger attack. If you can learn these techniques ahead of time, you'll be able to automatically implement them. Also, there's peace of mind in knowing what to do and not feeling like you need to call 911 right away. As with anything during withdrawal, first, simply breathe.

Managing Shortness of Breath video (5 minutes)

Managing an acute episode of shortness of breath video (6 minutes)

On 10/11/2018 at 11:03 AM, Shep said:

Hi Shep, I may have an issue, Tryptizol suppliers have stopped supplying to Jordan on a normal basis. I did find some at a pharmacy, again 25mg, but she only has 2 boxes in stock and can not confirm when of if they will get more in Jordan. The pharmacist said they probably will... but she csn't confirm it and other pharmacies just told me it is no longer available in Jordan. I would hate to start this and then cut off and it was no longer available. 

What do you think I should do? I did get the 2 boxes... 30 pills each. And of course I use much less than 1 pill a day. I am still withdrawing for Lorazepam... the pill is so tiny... may be cut to 1/10 or less now.... but having an awful day with tight chest, shallow breathing and woke up last night at 4 and my body stopped letting me fall asleep again. I would just suck in air ea time I almost slept, and it kept repeating. 

This is also not gotten through a Doctors prescription. It is just available in Jordan. 

There may be another drug called Melitracen. But the pharmacy said I must have a Dr prescription.

16 minutes ago, Shep said:

Carie, what you're describing may be a very common symptom during withdrawal, especially benzo withdrawal, called "air hunger". 

Below are a couple of posts I made to another member with some information and breathing exercises that may be helpful:

Hi Shep, this also happened for a few nights very bad when I was taken off Deanxit. I was off for a week... A Dr put me back on full after a week and thats when I had this night breathing problem full blown all night. The Dr gave me Depokote the next night and I did slowly start to breath better, but had less issues that came and went the next few months. 

It also happened very badly one night withdrawing from Depokote which scared me and I rushed to the Dr the next day. He had told me to take Ellexfor xl and gave me Lorazepam to sleep. I never took the Ellexfor and stopped the Depokote (I was already weaning) but started taking the small amount of Lorazepam that night and didn't seem to have problems.

But now withdrawing from Lorazepam only 3 weeks on it I seems to be having it the worst. So it's been all the drugs. 

I will keep trying the breathing techniques. I do have permission from a Dr today to do a sleep apnea test which I may take tomorrow night or soon. 

Just wanted to let you know it is not just the Benzo that caused this. AD must also.... or I have other problems?

• Moderator Emeritus
12 minutes ago, Cari said:

Just wanted to let you know it is not just the Benzo that caused this. AD must also.... or I have other problems?

Yes, air hunger (dyspnea) can come from other drugs, as well. 

Whether or not you have other medical problems is something you'll need to discuss with your doctor.  The fact that your doctor prescribed Effexor and lorazepam for it is concerning. I'm glad you didn't start the Effexor. 

You may want to work with the breathing exercises and see if they help before doing a lot of tests. 

30 minutes ago, Cari said:

What do you think I should do? I did get the 2 boxes... 30 pills each. And of course I use much less than 1 pill a day.

At a dose of 1 mg, you would have 25 doses per 25 mg pill. So your current supply of 60 pills would last 1,500 days (or a little over 4 years) at 1 mg each day. Even if 1 mg wasn't a high enough dose, and you found you needed 5 mg per day, you would still have enough to last 300 days. And you'll likely start tapering after a few weeks, which means your supply will last even longer than that. 

Is there an expiration date on the boxes?  

Since the breathing problems have been caused by withdrawing from other drugs, it may be more a reflection of a destabilized nervous system and you'll need to find ways to cope, such as the below videos:

These types of breathing exercises are also good for anxiety and lowering stress. 

I would give the AD reinstatement a try at 1 mg and see how you feel over the coming days. 

10 minutes ago, Shep said:

Whether or not you have other medical problems is something you'll need to discuss with your doctor.  The fact that your doctor prescribed Effexor and lorazepam for it is concerning. I'm glad you didn't start the Effexor. 

You may want to work with the breathing exercises and see if they help before doing a lot of tests. 

At a dose of 1 mg, you would have 25 doses per 25 mg pill. So your current supply of 60 pills would last 1,500 days (or a little over 4 years) at 1 mg each day. Even if 1 mg wasn't a high enough dose, and you found you needed 5 mg per day, you would still have enough to last 300 days. And you'll likely start tapering after a few weeks, which means your supply will last even longer than that. 

Since the breathing problems have been caused by withdrawing from other drugs, it may be more a reflection of a destabilized nervous system and you'll need to find ways to cope, such as the below videos:

These types of breathing exercises are also good for anxiety and lowering stress. 

I would give the AD reinstatement a try at 1 mg and see how you feel over the coming days. 

Yes he prescribed the Effexor and Lorazepam I think because I was coming off the Depokote. But after much reading I was against the Effexor.

So do you think I would only need to reinstate for a few weeks? Is this common? 

If I try to reinstate are there warnings I should watch out for? If I have complications the first day or within a few days do I stop abruptly? When a Dr wanted me to continue taking Deanxit after the bad ER visit I only took 1/2 a pill that next morning and I could feel my body start to tingle more and get more dizzy... I think I was rejecting it. That's when he put me on Depokote instead.

Sorry for so many questions. I really do appreciate your help. 🙂

19 minutes ago, Shep said:

The boxes expire in 2020. 2 years

Can I leave 1 pill dissolved in water in a jar in the frig for 25 days?? Seems like a long time. I thought I read only a week or so is ok?

• Moderator Emeritus
12 minutes ago, Cari said:

So do you think I would only need to reinstate for a few weeks? Is this common? 

It takes 4 days for your nervous system to register a change and it may take a number of weeks for your nervous system to adjust to the reinstatement. For more, please see:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The first post in that thread will answer many of the questions you are asking. 

Please also read:

What is withdrawal syndrome? 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

7 minutes ago, Cari said:

The boxes expire in 2020. 2 years

Can I leave 1 pill dissolved in water in a jar in the frig for 25 days?? Seems like a long time. I thought I read only a week or so is ok?

Yes, you are correct - you don't want to leave the pill dissolved in water for more than a few days. 

You could use the scale method and make up a batch of pills at one time from each pill. 

Please see:

Using a digital scale to measure doses

Edited by Shep
fixed link

13 minutes ago, Shep said:

It takes 4 days for your nervous system to register a change and it may take a number of weeks for your nervous system to adjust to the reinstatement. For more, please see:

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The first post in that thread will answer many of the questions you are asking. 

Please also read:

What is withdrawal syndrome? 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

Yes, you are correct - you don't want to leave the pill dissolved in water for more than a few days. 

You could use the scale method and make up a batch of pills at one time from each pill. 

Please see:

Using a digital scale to measure doses

Thank you... the pill is very small... it would be too hard to cut into 1 mg pieces.

I will read all the info you sent. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Shep said:

Can air hunger last for many hours... day after day? 

On 10/13/2018 at 5:08 PM, Shep said:

I can't just add a comment... the post is showing up strange. ??

Anyway I am continuing to get more and more dizzy..... I am on the very tiniest piece of Lorazapam.... and my biggest problem daily I

is I am VERY dizzy! The past 2 days even where I think I will fall over ir stumble. 

Starting to think there is another problem since this dizziness started day 1 5 months ago and has never left. 

It is my biggest issue and has disrupted my life greatly. I feel like I will never function normal again. Even on a day when withdrawal symptoms are less... and Im feeling like I could get out and do things... I'm always too dizzy.

And I still dont know about reinstating. The pills are 25mg. If I titrate I can only save for 5 days or so ea pill, I cant cut the pill into 1 mg size because it is too small. And the tryciclic I found may not come back to Jordan... so I have 2 boxes and a problem.

Nothing ever works in my favor!

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/13/2018 at 7:17 AM, Cari said:

What do you think I should do? I did get the 2 boxes... 30 pills each. And of course I use much less than 1 pill a day. I am still withdrawing for Lorazepam... the pill is so tiny... may be cut to 1/10 or less now.... but having an awful day with tight chest, shallow breathing and woke up last night at 4 and my body stopped letting me fall asleep again. I would just suck in air ea time I almost slept, and it kept repeating. 

Hi Cari,

So you have 2 boxes of Tryptizol or amitriptyline now to work with.  Have you had a chance to look at the links and information that Shep gave you?  You have 25 milligrams (mg) in each pill.  If you liquify, and amitriptyline IS soluble in water,  why don't you use 25 millileters(mL) of water and then you would have a 1:1 solution.  1 mg in each 1 mL.  You could get a couple of doses out of each batch.  So you would have enough pills now to do dosing of 1 mL, for 6 months.......if you used each batch for 3 days.  Yes, you would be throwing a fair amount away.  You might do best using a 5 mL or 10 mL oral syringe.  Oftentimes a pharmacist, at least here in the U.S., can just supply you with these.

IF you do liquid.......once it is mixed with water you should refrigerate the solution, and protect it from light as well.   I think you could use the solution for 3 days, safely.

Once you reinstate 1 mg, it's generally a good idea to HOLD at that dose for at least 4 days.......and if you don't get any worsening symptoms to HOLD, even a bit longer.  To give the reinstatement a fair chance to see if it HELPS.  If it does........then, generally you can stay at that dose for a couple of months at least, and then begin to taper down by 10% or less.

In the meantime(during the reinstatement process of the Tryptizol/amitriptyline), it would be best to keep your benzo dose steady.........as otherwise you'll have no idea what drug is responsible for what symptom. 

I'm just wondering if you have reinstated,  if after some study of the links, and information provided to you......what you decided to do?  If you have gathered equipment, etc??

If you have reinstated the Tryptizol/amitriptyline by using just crumbs of the tablets/pills..........it's best to use consistent sized crumbs and take them at the same time every day. 

Maybe you have started with a scale and are weighing?

In any case.......update soon.

Thank you.  Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, Cari said:

Hi Cari,

I went with just 3 days, when I liquefied my last medication.  You also want to protect the jar of solution from the light in the fridge.  I used to put mine in a capped container and then use a brown paper bag to protect from the fridge light.

• Moderator Emeritus

I found this as well, Cari, over on your benzo thread..........posted on October 10th, last Wednesday, by Shep:

I would try the AD reinstatement for a few nights and see how you do. You may find you don't need the benzo anymore. If you do reinstate, please keep your 1/8 lorazepam pill the same for a few more nights. That way you won't confuse benzo withdrawal with how well the AD reinstatement does or does not work. One change at a time is best.

13 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Cari,

So you have 2 boxes of Tryptizol or amitriptyline now to work with.  Have you had a chance to look at the links and information that Shep gave you?  You have 25 milligrams (mg) in each pill.  If you liquify, and amitriptyline IS soluble in water,  why don't you use 25 millileters(mL) of water and then you would have a 1:1 solution.  1 mg in each 1 mL.  You could get a couple of doses out of each batch.  So you would have enough pills now to do dosing of 1 mL, for 6 months.......if you used each batch for 3 days.  Yes, you would be throwing a fair amount away.  You might do best using a 5 mL or 10 mL oral syringe.  Oftentimes a pharmacist, at least here in the U.S., can just supply you with these.

IF you do liquid.......once it is mixed with water you should refrigerate the solution, and protect it from light as well.   I think you could use the solution for 3 days, safely.

Once you reinstate 1 mg, it's generally a good idea to HOLD at that dose for at least 4 days.......and if you don't get any worsening symptoms to HOLD, even a bit longer.  To give the reinstatement a fair chance to see if it HELPS.  If it does........then, generally you can stay at that dose for a couple of months at least, and then begin to taper down by 10% or less.

In the meantime(during the reinstatement process of the Tryptizol/amitriptyline), it would be best to keep your benzo dose steady.........as otherwise you'll have no idea what drug is responsible for what symptom. 

I'm just wondering if you have reinstated,  if after some study of the links, and information provided to you......what you decided to do?  If you have gathered equipment, etc??

If you have reinstated the Tryptizol/amitriptyline by using just crumbs of the tablets/pills..........it's best to use consistent sized crumbs and take them at the same time every day. 

Maybe you have started with a scale and are weighing?

In any case.......update soon.

Thank you.  Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Thank you for your help... I did not reinstate yet..... still worried about only having 2 boxes...

I never have luck and it is very frustrating... if I knew I had an unlimited supply I wouldn't be worried about making this decision. I have the meds and I have the syringe. I need to find a jar. 

I was trying to just go off the lorazapam fully and see what happens....  in general I still have my typical withdrawal symptoms... just seem to be very dizzy and off balance! It is the problem that started from day one and never leaves. Ever. Actually going off the lorazapam seems like my tingling and burning diminished a lot... but the dizziness as always is debilitating.

I feel stuck. Also I worked so hard to get OFF all meds... the Deanxit, then the Depokote, then the Lorazapam........I would be starting over AGAIN!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

I know.....I hear your frustration.   It does sound like you have had several months now of W/D and possibly some adverse drug reactions to boot.

It does get better.

If I were you.......I wouldn't think of it as starting over AGAIN!  We're talking a 1 mg dose of amitriptyline. 

You were on a 10 mg dose of a tricyclic AD,  mixed with an antipsychotic when you started.  So this IS different.

Just stick with the 1/8 of the lorazepam pill/tablet for this trial.  While you try the reinstatement.

That's what I would do.  If you are really uneasy about it......just do 0.5 mg of the amitriptyline.

Maybe this will HELP.  That's my hope and wish for you.

Do try to keep some records/logs as you go forward, and then share here.  Simple format.  Time on the left, drug name, and dosage on the right.  Symptoms on the right.   Include any supplements used and how you are sleeping.

And I'd hold on trying anything else new, for example......the melatonin, right now.

Is it morning in Jordan now or night time?  I'm guessing morning or daytime.  Make it the best one that you can.......today, I mean. 

Best Cari.  And a couple of hugs!!

mmt

Oh.....the 2 boxes will last you 6 months.  I don't know if Shep gave you this link or not yet........Neuro-emotions.........so there is that.  Perhaps you are having a bit of the neuro-fear going on.  Sometime during this 6 month period we/you should be able to figure out something, or some way to get you this medication, if it helps........and then you just taper down slowly while you'll continue to heal. 

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration, additional thoughts

12 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

I know.....I hear your frustration.   It does sound like you have had several months now of W/D and possibly some adverse drug reactions to boot.

It does get better.

If I were you.......I wouldn't think of it as starting over AGAIN!  We're talking a 1 mg dose of amitriptyline. 

You were on a 10 mg dose of a tricyclic AD,  mixed with an antipsychotic when you started.  So this IS different.

Just stick with the 1/8 of the lorazepam pill/tablet for this trial.  While you try the reinstatement.

That's what I would do.  If you are really uneasy about it......just do 0.5 mg of the amitriptyline.

Maybe this will HELP.  That's my hope and wish for you.

Do try to keep some records/logs as you go forward, and then share here.  Simple format.  Time on the left, drug name, and dosage on the right.  Symptoms on the right.   Include any supplements used and how you are sleeping.

And I'd hold on trying anything else new, for example......the melatonin, right now.

Is it morning in Jordan now or night time?  I'm guessing morning or daytime.  Make it the best one that you can.......today, I mean. 

Best Cari.  And a couple of hugs!!

mmt

Yes it is morning here now... I am just at a tiny piece of Lorazapam... Im sure below 1/8 ... maybe 1/12 or even smaller...  Id hate to go back up... 

My sleep is awful the past 2-3 weeks... using a 1/4 piece of tylenol pm and it just gives me a few hours... I wake up often.. not a peaceful sleep.

I wanted to go fully off the lorazepam and see what happens... that was my goal. So far dizziness is my biggest issue, and breathing problems that vary ea day and were scaring me some days and sent me to see 2 pulmomary Drs. 1 said I can try a sleep apnea test if I wanted to. I looked into it but haven't had more gasping problems at night lately so holding out.

So this is where I am at.

Oh and thx for the hugs... definitely needed!