CloH

CloH

I first went on Zoloft at 15 after my parents divorce. Years off on and off at 50 to 100mg. I could never handle that amount. So many symtoms. Im not sure i even needed it then, maybe i just needed to be heard and have support...i then had severe depression and anxiety leading to ocd tendencies in my first two pregnancys at 18 & 20..again on and off meds post partum both times. Again i feel i just was young and had alot of unresolved emotional issues and little coping skills. Third pregnancy while having big relationship and family turmoil i was suicidal by 26weeks. Started zoloft 25mg. Went really well- 2 and abit years on and i have worked on my coping mechanism, health and mental health to the point that i would like to cease my medications. Nervous and cautious. I think the 25mg allowed me to settle the physical symtoms of my anxiety and depression enough to start on a journey of emotional worth. I am also older now and the maturity of 3 kids and 10 years has helped. I have been on 25mg for 2 years and 3 months. We got married, i began working and life has been settled and happy for a good 18+ months of that time. I have cope well in many stressful and emotional life experiences in that time. I just have doubt. Am i actually a person who does just need this medication or did it just help pull me out of the deep so i could learn to tread the water when i need to on my own? Also being its a low dose the tapering thing is more difficult. 

• Administrator

Welcome, CloH.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

As you've been on Zoloft for so long, you can assume your nervous system now is not the same nervous system as when you started it.

Since you've been on and off psychiatric drugs several times, your nervous system might be sensitive to dosage changes. We advocate a very gradual tapering to allow your nervous system to accommodate to lower dosages, see Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.