Shep

Millions at risk from antidepressant withdrawal, new review by CEP members concludes

Shep

An article dated today from CEPUK: 

Millions at risk from antidepressant withdrawal, new review by CEP members concludes

They link to their own PDF version of this article here:

A systematic review into the incidence, severity and duration of antidepressant withdrawal effects: Are guidelines evidence-based?

However, I noticed that the actual article as been withdrawn from the Science Direct website of journals: 

TEMPORARY REMOVAL: A systematic review into the incidence, severity and duration of antidepressant withdrawal effects: Are guidelines evidence-based?

The publisher regrets that this article has been temporarily removed. A replacement will appear as soon as possible in which the reason for the removal of the article will be specified, or the article will be reinstated.

Not sure what is going on, but with  issues involving the Royal College of Psychiatry and the recent removal of Dr. Peter Gøtzsche from the Cochrane Collaboration, I will be following this to see how it unfolds. 

VincentV

It made the BBCs main website, and was sent to me by a couple of friends who'd seen it, 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45717465

I gather from this that advice for GPs regarding anti depressant withdrawal might soon be being 'urgently reviewed' 

http://prescribeddrug.org/millions-at-risk-from-antidepressant-withdrawal-new-review-concludes/

Too soon to hope? Not to be met by a condecending smirk at the gps when you tell them that you think that actually, anti depressants have made you sicker, and that you are in fact 'in withdrawal', would be wonderful. Acknowledgement would be wonderful.