Millions at risk from antidepressant withdrawal, new review by CEP members concludes

Shep

• Moderator Emeritus

An article dated today from CEPUK: 

Millions at risk from antidepressant withdrawal, new review by CEP members concludes

They link to their own PDF version of this article here:

A systematic review into the incidence, severity and duration of antidepressant withdrawal effects: Are guidelines evidence-based?

However, I noticed that the actual article as been withdrawn from the Science Direct website of journals: 

TEMPORARY REMOVAL: A systematic review into the incidence, severity and duration of antidepressant withdrawal effects: Are guidelines evidence-based?

The publisher regrets that this article has been temporarily removed. A replacement will appear as soon as possible in which the reason for the removal of the article will be specified, or the article will be reinstated.

Not sure what is going on, but with  issues involving the Royal College of Psychiatry and the recent removal of Dr. Peter Gøtzsche from the Cochrane Collaboration, I will be following this to see how it unfolds. 

It made the BBCs main website, and was sent to me by a couple of friends who'd seen it, 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45717465

I gather from this that advice for GPs regarding anti depressant withdrawal might soon be being 'urgently reviewed' 

http://prescribeddrug.org/millions-at-risk-from-antidepressant-withdrawal-new-review-concludes/

Too soon to hope? Not to be met by a condecending smirk at the gps when you tell them that you think that actually, anti depressants have made you sicker, and that you are in fact 'in withdrawal', would be wonderful. Acknowledgement would be wonderful. 

Citalopram. Briefly early twenties, no ill effects seemingly. Don't remember dose.

Sertraline on and off for ten years.  I was ignorant and started and stopped frequently. Doses of 50, 75 and 100. I can not recall/did not record dates prior to 2018.

JANUARY 2018: Last period of use was was 150mg of sertraline on 14/01/18  (which triggered extreme depression and anxiety that never settled, amongst other symptoms). I then tapered to 100mg in March (15/03/18), then down to 75mg in April(01/04/18) , 50mg later (11/04/18) 25mg in May  (16/05/18),  and was at 0mg in June (02/06/18).

Mirtazapine 15mg 01/08/18- 02/10/18, 15mg (6 weeks at 15mg the two week taper). - caused deeply unpleasant waves of extreme anxiety, depression, zombie state and mania.

Still on 40mg of Propranolol twice a day since April 2018. Supplements: Fish oil, Magnesium, Vit B6

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy