SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Rachellynn: Prozac & Remeron support :)

Rachellynn

• Moderator Emeritus

Visit the Benzo forum and I think you'll find out quite quickly: 

Benzo tapering and recovery

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I know...just praying i have a chance at overcoming this. I felt really good 6 months ago. So saddened by this turn of insomnia. Thank you❤️

Rachel - 1998-2012 Prozac 20mg

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

Sept 17 Remeron 15mg, March ‘18 7.5mg

Jan 31 - Feb 13 1/4 - 1mg Ativan

Jan 31 - feb 5 - 2mg Prozac, 4mg feb 7

feb 10 - 10mg rem, Feb 27 - 7.5mg rem

Feb 27 - March 6th - 5mg Baclofen 

March 12th - Keppra 250mg

March 24 - 30mg phenobarbital 

I love you too Rachellyn...

DO NOT turn to benzos.  I repeat DO NOT turn to benzos.

I wish someone had said that to me 2 decades ago.  I may have a life today.  As it is, right exactly at this moment, I am sitting here with an aching jaw and bleeding gums because I have avoided dental work I needed for over a decade because the drugs they will use and I  need (and the chemicals in the fillings or root canal) will likely do a real number on me...I have no idea what to do...because these benzos completely derailed my brain from being able to handle ANYTHING new...and so I get sicker and in more pain every day.

You might feel better for one to four nights.  You will tell yourself you are not going to take anymore but you will, because eventually, depending on your metabolism and genetics, you will become tolerant to the starting dose...blah, blah, blah...

I know just how desperate you are for sleep, which is how I ended up on benzos and IT RUINED MY LIFE.  Do not take benzos!!!

Gosh, I wish I could wave a magic wand over you and help you sleep, but Rachellyn, if you stop changing things, stick with what you are doing, things will get better.  I don't know when, and I know you are suffering...oh how I understand....but more drugs are not the answer.  Seriously I have lost two decades of my life and don't expect to get any better before I die.   Meanwhile, because I take benzos (and even if I could get off them) I can't take any of the drugs I need to  treat serious stuff....like probably two infected teeth right now!  My life has been inhumane for two decades;  I could not answer "fine" to "how are you?" for more years than I can count.

Benzos are not the answer.  Stop thinking about them, pyschosis, and schizophrenia.  I am sorry.  I know she is your friend but do not give any weight to what she says.  Her dad likely gives out benzos and psych drugs for a living.

Maybe the remeron will kick in soon and help you sleep some.

Grace xo

• amitriptyline from 1980-2002,
  • intermittent  use of benzos over 2 decades prior to 2002
  • 2002-2010 Klonopin 1-2 mg., ambien 10--20, mg, remeron 4 mg. and  trileptal 300 mg
  • 2011 Stopped ambien and crossed over to valium 17.5 mg. (updosing 2.5 mg. to cover ambien C/T )
  • tapered valium w/ long holds to 12.74 mg. from a high of approximately 20-30 mg/day
  • 2015-2023 tapered trileptal to 98 mg.  had to completely stop tapering due to multiple chronic, serious health issues
  • currently 2024 still on 98 mg. trileptal and 4 mg. remeron
  •   Currently on benzo hold as I have to cross-over from brand-name valium to generic diazepam.   The diazepam is way weaker and brought on severe acute w/d
  • Current dose of diazepam is 7.9 and valium is 6.6.  I had to up-dose the total valium/diazepam from 12.74 to 14.5 where I have stayed since June 2023.  I am crossing over to generic at a somewhat tolerable rate of .3mg/month after about 2 months of trial/error w/ updosing.  I am not currently tapering; will continue to cross over. 

I believe that you will feel good again.  Stick with the plan and you will be fine.

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

@savinggrace and @Gracee my two shining stars. Thank you both for being my friends. I know some people on here said they went a year or more on two to three hours of sleep per night. 

Alrighty...going to put on my eye mask and meditate. Sending love everywhere🥰

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

@Rachellynn,  Steady as she goes my friend.   

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2011 - 30 mg 

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

Slept from 6-8pm yesterday. Is there anything i can cross taper from remeron to? Or no because it’s atypical?

whats the likelihood of setetonin Syndrome from thr Mirtazipine? I don’t think i can continue taking it. Can anyone help me in a safe way come off it? I know I’m supposed to stabilize but something has gone wrong with it...

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Serotonin syndrome is an emergency.  If you think you have it, you need to seek emergency medical care.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

7 hours ago, Rachellynn said:

Is there anything i can cross taper from remeron to

I do not know of any other drugs that are in the same class as remeron, so cross-tapering may not be an option.  Why do you think that remeron is not working?

Why are you suspecting serotonin syndrome?  Is it because of the insomnia?  Usually SS causes many symptoms of which insomnia can be only one of them.  I would not discontinue remeron unless I was sure that it is causing an adverse effect.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

Dry mouth. Extremely hot. Insomnia. Excessive thirst. Goosebumps. Akathisia. Burning sensations. 

Hard to tell whats from la k of sleep too! Just feel like when i updoseed and down dosed and added trazadone, Prozac and Ativan...everything got worse. As, i know you’ve tried things to sleep. I have lost my interest in eating too which is concerning cuz I’m thin. 

All the worse - none of my friends believe what I’m going through. They think I’m a psychotic🙄

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

• Administrator
On 2/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, Altostrata said:

Please post your daily notes about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, their dosages, and your sleep pattern EVERY DAY. 

On 2/12/2019 at 3:44 PM, Altostrata said:

I thought you were going to taper your remaining Ativan?

What is your current drug and supplement schedule?

On 2/12/2019 at 4:54 PM, Rachellynn said:

Oh and i take my remeron at 7:30 

i guess i never really wven considered that i mist take it at the same time each night. I just have always taken it when i am getting into bed. Is that what i should do?!

Ugh. I’m not smart. 

On 2/13/2019 at 6:30 AM, Rachellynn said:

Tried to stay up later last night. 

8:00 took remeron 10mg

experienced intense anxiety about not being able to sleep. 

Listened to meditation app

9:30: fell asleep 

12:00: woke up

3:00: took 2mg meletonin

felt drowsy, possibly fell asleep for an hour 

4:30-6:30am - up, intense anxiety, dry and stuffy nose. 

6:30am : Quercetin, Hista-Black for allergies

i can’t tell what I’m doing to myself, what is still withdrawal from Prozac (4 years later), the remeron not working to help me stay asleep and just my anxious mind about how to help myself. 

Nothing, absolutely nothing makes sense with only 2 hours of sleep. 

Please help🙏🏼❤️❤️❤️❤️

What happened to the Ativan? What exactly are you taking every day?

As requested repeatedly, please post your daily notes EVERY DAY.

How did you decide 2mg melatonin was the right dose for you? Do you take it every night at 3 a.m.?

If all you're taking is the Remeron, you cannot be having serotonin syndrome. Serotonin syndrome usually is caused by a combination of drugs. Serotonin toxicity can occur at high doses of drugs. You are experiencing neither serotonin syndrome nor serotonin toxicity. You are experiencing withdrawal syndrome.

It looks to me like you're sleeping 4-5 hours a night, which is not too bad for withdrawal insomnia.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Alto. I took an Ativan today because I’m not coping with the Akathisia in the middle of the night. 

Last night i only slept from took remeron at 5:30 because i was exhausted and actually felt like i could sleep. 6-8pm 

hard to navigate sleep but i seem to be getting relaxed/tired earlier and earlier. Prob not great. Should i try and stay up until 10? I don’t want to miss my sleep window:/

its hard to beleive i am getting this bad withdrawal again after being so functional for a year - i guess stress did it:/

today: 8am .5mg Ativan

8:30: hard boiled egg

9:00-11:00am - slept

l11:30 - soup

12:00-1:30 - went to the park with my friend her kids - ate half sandwich and spinach muffin. Nice to be out, very lethargic.

2:00 - watching Oceans Eight.

nausea, little headache 

About the meletonin, not sure what the right dose is but i took a very tiny dose one night and i woke in a panic. Made me very dizzy. Maybe .8mg

but now I’m a little afraid to take any supplements at the moment and/or forgetful about them. I know i really need to get consistent. The Mag. I have used to be so cozy and but me right to sleep. 

I do have liquid mrletonin

mag glycinate 

fish oil

if you have suggestions for dosing/times. How to keep consistent. This is my problem when I’m so out of sorts. When i was sleeping my self care/sleep hygiene was on point. It’s the Akathisia that is horrific. 

Thank you Alto❤️ I will continue to work on daily posts and consistency! 

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

Hi Rachellyn,

i would definitely stay away from supplements like Quercitin right now. Quercitin was activating for me. ALL drugs and supplements compete with other drugs to be metabolized, thus causing changes in blood levels.  Taking Ativan now and then will do the same thing. For every drug or supplement you add, there are more interactions going on which is not stabilizing at all. 

Melatonin did nothing for me. Some people say ,75 mg. Is the right dose for sleep. Again, though, it alters drug levels as your liver has to work harder to metabolize. 

I have had very very bad indoor and outdoor allergies since birth. I do saline irrigation daily with a Neti Pot. It helps a lot. I used to have chronic sinus infections. Irrigating keeps the infection down or clears it depending on time of year. 

Try not to take too many doses of Ativan. It will become ineffective for sleep quickly and you may have inter-dose withdrawal. Soon you will need a higher dose just to manage interdose withdrawal. 

I know how bad and desperate you feel. The more pills/supplements you add, the more destabilizing it is to your brain. 

Acceptance and distraction are key and essential coping mechanisms. If only there really was a pill that could undo what had happened to us...there is not. 

Time is the the ultimate healer. 

Perhaps not talking about your symptoms when you are with your friends is best. It keeps you distracted, and avoids opinions and  mis-informed diagnoses. 

Grace

• 2002-2010 Klonopin 1-2 mg., ambien 10--20, mg, remeron 4 mg. and  trileptal 300 mg
  • 2011 Stopped ambien and crossed over to valium 17.5 mg. (updosing 2.5 mg. to cover ambien C/T )
  • tapered valium w/ long holds to 12.74 mg. from a high of approximately 20-30 mg/day
  • 2015-2023 tapered trileptal to 98 mg.  had to completely stop tapering due to multiple chronic, serious health issues
  •   Currently on benzo hold as I have to cross-over from brand-name valium to generic diazepam.   The diazepam is way weaker and brought on severe acute w/d
  • Current dose of diazepam is 7.9 and valium is 6.6.  I had to up-dose the total valium/diazepam from 12.74 to 14.5 where I have stayed since June 2023.  I am crossing over to generic at a somewhat tolerable rate of .3mg/month after about 2 months of trial/error w/ updosing.  I am not currently tapering; will continue to cross over. 

@savinggrace i know:/ i know. I actually took it in the morning and it was amazing. I got to nap, watch movies...go to the park with my friend and her beutiful kids. I also slept like 8 hours last night just probably from not experiencing Akathisia all day. I know drugs are absolutely not the answer. I just bought Kelly Brogams book and I’m working on cleaning up my diet (again). Though I’ve been very very healthy eater in my 30’s. 

Can you guys believe that i chorograpged, memorized and performed in a Burlesque show in October??? This leads me to beleive im still in there. Ready to get back out there, live life. I want to get married and half a family🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

8:00am - eggs for breakfast

Watched a movie with Nicholas Cage (a CUTE romcom) 

11:00 - anxiety creeping in 

12:00 - frozen burrito for lunch yuck

1:30 - Therapy - BLEH😂 wants me on anti-psychotic meds 

2:45 - groceries (high anxiety)

3:30 - read Kelly Brogans book - A Mind of your Own

5:30 - dinner - Brazil nuts. Spinach, boiled eggs and a banana. 

6:00 - dry skin brushing 

Akathisia, Brain fog, wired/tired 

6:30 - just laying down 

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

• Administrator

Hi Rachellyn

Your FT3 to Reverse T3 ratio is 27.  That is good.  You want FT3 ratio at 20 or above.  However your FT3 at 2.7 is low and many find when T3 is low they don't feel as good as they could.  Ideal FT4 is 1.4 so your T4 is not optimal either.  

I would not be concerned with B12 being over range.  There is a question of how much is bound and how much is available, so B12 over range is generally not an issue as long as the measure isn't low.  

Obviously you have antibodies and that correlates to Hashimoto's.  In my experience addressing diet can help to mitigate antibodies.  Specifically avoiding gluten can help bring the antibodies down.  

Have you had any iron panels?  

There is nothing wrong with your adrenal cocktail.  I actually drink 1-1/8 teaspoons Celtic sea salt daily in my water in order to support my adrenals.  As long as it tastes good to you it shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't read your whole thread, but it appears you are desperate to feel better.  I've been there.  But you need to monitor your symptoms and give each change an opportunity to reveal how is affecting you.  I know it's hard and you want relief, but please be patient with yourself.  

I'll check back to see what your doctor recommends. 

I hope something here is helpful.

Love and light,

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

Welp. My Dr. said “there is nothing wrong with your thyroid, and treating it isn’t likely to help you feel better” ugh. 

My iron levels are on on the low side, def not optimal. I’ll have to find them. 

Im committed to a healthy diet and have cut out gluten again - just hard to cook/do anything without sleep. 

Thank you you so much for taking the time to respond. So helpful❤️

Tonights sleep 8:45pm-11pm ARG. 

Sending love. 

Rachel 

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

I am thinking that my Akathisia was brought on by the benzos. Or not sleeping. Or Both. 

@Karma the only thing my dr. recommends for me is seroquel🙄

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

I think I’m going to write a book. I wrote a children’s book when i first got “sick” - any publishers on here? Lol😂

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

Not sure how it exists to be this tired and not sleep😱

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rachellyn, 

Writing a book sounds like a great distraction while going through withdrawals. I hope you continue finding distractions to help you cope. I’ve got a million of them, it’s what keeps me going during waves. 

Have you ever used a weighted blanket? If you’re lying in your bed with akathisia and unable to sleep you might find one calming. I bought one a little while ago, I love it! It cost about $100 Australian, and it’s one of the best things I’ve ever bought. 

Take care💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Thank you @Carmie i started my book today! I’m rewriting a part of my history so hopefully thereputic. 

And GUESS WHAT YALL?! I came out to the backyard, green, birds, trees, trimmed my toenails and fingernails. Layer in the sun, thanked the universe, did some yoga poses, a little ballet even and chatted with a friend about a concert tour in 2019. My favorite artist in the planet TORI AMOS. Anyone? 

Feeling hopeful today and dare i say, kinda happy despite being tired? ❤️🥰❤️

I love Ice you guys!

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

Slept from 6:30-9:30pm last night. Was up until about 2am and then “slept” until 5am - more of awake/sleep/dreaming/dazed sort of sleep. Does that count? 

6am - Triphala 

7am - toast, banana, boiled egg

Anxiety, brain fog

constipation/dehydration back🙄

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

I think low level chronic dehydration is HUGE for me. It’s obviously an HPA Axis dysfunction thing. My kidneys are definitely affected. Or adrenals? It’s a stress thing of course. I drink a lot of water, coconut water, sea salt, Vit C. I used Drip-Drop successfully for awhile, maybe i should get that again. Has anyone self-hacked the dehydration? It’s annoying. Dry eyes, nose, skin, hair, bowels...wonder if it’s also a thyroid thing. I’m slightly hypo. 

Anyone? Thoughts?

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

Hi rachellynn

i also have many nights of no sleep on my period.   I barely bleed at all so pretty sure it’s not  related to blood loss.   

May 2018:  1 dropper liquid marajuana

june 2018. Trazadone ambien 10 mg

july 2018 seroquel 37 mg ambien 2.5mg lex 5

October 2018 taper seroquel added hydroxizine 25 mg

nov ambien taper lex taper 

dec 2018 off of lex off of phenibut

October 2018- added a lot of supplements.  night: 3mg melatonin Passion flower tincture valerian tincture lavender magnesium glycinate liquid gaba herbal blend Theanine 450 mg tryptophan 1.5 grams 

May 2019. Down to the following at night 

4-6 mg hydroxizine. 250 mg tryptophan (1/2 pill).75 mg melatonin pill .75 herbal blend pill magnesium citrate 

Feb 2020:Off all supplements and pills.

I also get akathasia when I don’t sleep which is often.   (4 of the last seven days)

i was on seroquel and it it did not help with sleep.    

May 2018:  1 dropper liquid marajuana

june 2018. Trazadone ambien 10 mg

july 2018 seroquel 37 mg ambien 2.5mg lex 5

October 2018 taper seroquel added hydroxizine 25 mg

nov ambien taper lex taper 

dec 2018 off of lex off of phenibut

October 2018- added a lot of supplements.  night: 3mg melatonin Passion flower tincture valerian tincture lavender magnesium glycinate liquid gaba herbal blend Theanine 450 mg tryptophan 1.5 grams 

May 2019. Down to the following at night 

4-6 mg hydroxizine. 250 mg tryptophan (1/2 pill).75 mg melatonin pill .75 herbal blend pill magnesium citrate 

Feb 2020:Off all supplements and pills.

Hi @Rachellynn, Your symptoms sound difficult and I'm sorry you had a rotten night's sleep.  Give it a few more days,  drink lots of water and try adding more fresh fruit to your diet.  AD withdrawal sometimes causes constipation.  My gastroenterologist recommended Metamucil 2X a day with or without constipation. 

Be good to yourself.  OK?  

Hugs❤️

2011 - 30 mg 

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

Rachellyn,

Thinking about your Akathisia...it is one of the reasons I ended up on benzos. It was driving me insane. For me various AD’s (Zoloft, for sure) brought it on, as did seroquel, and just one small dose of abilify. ( my doc said if I got Akathisia that fast  from seroquel and abilify, I clearly did not need am anti-psychotic; which I never should have agreed to anyway) It seems anti-psychotics cause this but for me the benzo stopped it right away. Just wish you I had stopped the benzo right after it stopped the Akathisia. I really doubt the Ativan could be causing it. 

Grace

I had a sleepless night:/ i think it’s bevause i ate chocolate brownies?! 

I had a good day yesterday, barely used my phone. No Akathisia. Ate well. But no sleep. Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

@savinggrace I’m glad i didn’t take the seroquel. Bleh. 

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

• Moderator Emeritus
18 minutes ago, Rachellynn said:

I had a sleepless night:/ i think it’s bevause i ate chocolate brownies?! 

I had a good day yesterday, barely used my phone. No Akathisia. Ate well. But no sleep. Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

I’m glad to hear you had a better day, even if the sleeplessness continued. Although it’s still far from ideal, please take this as a small victory. Symptoms will often chop and change, things will be more intense and then less intense. Hang in there and hopefully the sleep improves soon. 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

@eymen23 and @Altostrata i really think the remeron has gone paradoxical on me. It works on histamine at low levels, right? I fell asleep without it on accident the other night and took it when i woke up at 9:30...didn’t go back to sleep. Last night no sleep. Took it at 9pm...i was just in a daze all night. This is really annoying 😕

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

• Administrator
On 2/21/2019 at 8:08 AM, Rachellynn said:

Dry eyes, nose, skin, hair, bowels...wonder if it’s also a thyroid thing. I’m slightly hypo. 

Those are symptoms of hypothyroidism. Did you discuss taking a tiny amount of thyroid hormone with your doctor?

Sometimes brownies contain coffee.

Please re-read

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization 

Withdrawal dialogues & encouragement

How much sleep are you getting? Are you taking the same amount of Remeron at the same time every night? Please supply daily notes.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hey Alto! My doc said NO to taking thyroid meds, she said my thyroid is fine and taking thyroid is not likely to help. She thinks the answer to all my problems is seroquel (she prob thinks I’m a psychotic).

I am generally getting 2-3 hours of sleep per night with some sort of dazed “sleep-relaxing” with the exception of last night. 

last night - no sleep!

i usually take remeron in between

6:30 - 7:30pm BUT the night before last, i took it at 9:30 bevause i fell asleep on accident at 6:30. I woke up at 9:30 and took it. Groggy feeling, but didn’t go back to sleep. Well, half awake dreamstate sleep - what is that?! 

Yesterday i was sitting outside in the sun and was having positive thoughts only! It was AMAZING. I felt so good that i almost went on a walk but decided to save my energy. 20 min later i was exhausted prob from the sun. I laid around and watched movies all day. Started getting anxiety at about 6:30 which is when i usually am able to relax which freaked me out. Took remeron at 8pm and didn’t really sleep at all. 

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

@Altostrata also, i had protein powder shake yesterday...trying to eat quick meals with lots of calories. Wonder if it can be activating? It’s orgain pea protein. Any idea?

2012-2014 Prozac 40mg

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Rachellynn said:

Hey Alto! My doc said NO to taking thyroid meds, she said my thyroid is fine and taking thyroid is not likely to help. She thinks the answer to all my problems is seroquel (she prob thinks I’m a psychotic).

How does your doctor explain your symptoms? Do your hands and feet tend to be cold?

I can't tell if a supplement is causing a reaction. You need to keep daily notes yourself.