SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Nikki: hi, my rundown with ADs

Nikki

• Administrator

Yes, a tiny drop can cause symptoms. Remember, your nervous system is still recovering from switching. Using the liquid will give you greater control than guesstimating the amount of your decrease.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, a tiny drop can cause symptoms. Remember, your nervous system is still recovering from switching. Using the liquid will give you greater control than guesstimating the amount of your decrease.

Given how sensitive you are to very small changes I think having precise control over the amount you remove will be helpful for you.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I stopped my Celexa taper. It lasted a short time. The liquid is the answer for this.

I don't know for sure if now is the right time. Then again is there ever a good time to do this???

Taking my mother to the Lung Doctor to find out the results of the PET Scan to see if the mark is a malignancy.

I was thinking back....I actually felt better physically while on Imipramine then I do on Celexa. More energy, slept better, more able to lose weight.

Something is not right with me. Is it my life and the worries/fears I have currently - or - is the Celexa just not a good mix. OR....both.

Always looking for answers...

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

I stopped my Celexa taper. It lasted a short time. The liquid is the answer for this.

I don't know for sure if now is the right time. Then again is there ever a good time to do this???

Taking my mother to the Lung Doctor to find out the results of the PET Scan to see if the mark is a malignancy.

I was thinking back....I actually felt better physically while on Imipramine then I do on Celexa. More energy, slept better, more able to lose weight.

Something is not right with me. Is it my life and the worries/fears I have currently - or - is the Celexa just not a good mix. OR....both.

Always looking for answers...

Hugs

I feel like psych meds just make us "not right." If you haven't read Breggin on that subject yet, I highly recommend it.

Really, if you felt excellent and well on that dose of Celexa, I would be shocked.

I don't know if there's ever a good time to do it, but there are definitely worse times than others. It's always fine to hold a taper whenever you're not feeling well or you're under stress. It doesn't have to be fast. I think once you get the liquid and begin taking it down in very small increments with long holds, you'll discover that it's more do-able than you thought. And I suspect that as your dose decreases slowly, you will find yourself feeling better, too.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Rhi thank you soooo much. Really appreciate your thoughts. The beauty of this site is that we (I) really need the input.

In all honesty, tapering down has always been a nightmare and I have that hesitation (big hesitation) about going thru the BS again.

Somethings got to give here...will call and ask for liquid. The pills comes in 10-20-40mgs.

Your Celexa drops are in 1/2mgs. increments?

Thanks again

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

My thinking is not right. It was much better when I was on Imipramine. It was better while I was tapering Imipramine and weaning onto Celexa.

Can't concentrate

Obsessive thinking like it's going to change a situation

If I hear a song, I hum it for days on end, until I hear another song I haven't heard in a long time and then begin with that one. Do other people hum like this????

Cannot tap into positive thoughts or emit a new frequency

Stuck in negativity and worry

Vivid, disturbing dreams

Absence of happiness and joy

Having trouble getting out the door to exercise. I do work and run all sorts of errands, but not exercise.

Forgetful and short term memory loss. I go blank on names...WTH?

Reading from Mariann Williamson "Return To Love" ~ "We tend to attract what we think about most."

This is where I am having a huge issue. I know that I need to 'emit a new frequency' and tap into the power of positive thinking and I can't seem to do it.

SOS

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

CVS called.....think the liquid Celexa is ready for pickup. Got to do something, this is misery. I have AM anxiety that won't let up. My thoughts just aren't right. Can't infuse happy thoughts, forgetful, tired. Was better off on Imipramine.

Lots of regrets with these meds....And I know you can all relate :P

I will be using liquid and pills.

Hugs and chances are I will be posting more than I do now...LOL

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Nikki, I merged your two topics.

I'm glad you decided to taper. 40mg is a hefty dose of Celexa. You might feel better as you decrease.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Administrator

My thinking is not right. It was much better when I was on Imipramine. It was better while I was tapering Imipramine and weaning onto Celexa.

Can't concentrate

If I hear a song, I hum it for days on end, until I hear another song I haven't heard in a long time and then begin with that one. Do other people hum like this????

Vivid, disturbing dreams

Having trouble getting out the door to exercise. I do work and run all sorts of errands, but not exercise.

Reading from Mariann Williamson "Return To Love" ~ "We tend to attract what we think about most."

This is where I am having a huge issue. I know that I need to 'emit a new frequency' and tap into the power of positive thinking and I can't seem to do it.

SOS

Hi Nikki - you need a hug Posted Image

You are suffering from irrational fears ... these are neuro-emotions ... tell yourself that these are not your real thoughts because you know that they are not your real thoughts.

I went through this last fall and winter when I was having my withdrawal reaction. I was afraid I would lose my job, that my husband would leave me and I would end up on the streets and lose my home ... this was all triggered because I made a mistake on a spreadsheet and ultimately it didn't matter anyway, but I had this irrational reaction to a mistake that people make every day.

Instead of fighting against those thoughts I just allowed them to pass by ... I thanked myself for sharing. Sometimes fighting against the negative thoughts gives them more power. If you just let them drift through your mind, like you might while doing meditation, it can help take their power away. Sometimes I thank myself for sharing and state a more rational thought to take the place of the irrational thought.

When it would get really bad, I would do a little cognitive therapy and write down the irrational thoughts and then purposefully write down a more realistic thought. So I might write, "if I lose my job I'll lose everything!" and the more rational thought is, "if I lose my job I'll find another one. I've lost jobs before and I have always gotten a new one. I might need to cut back on a few things that I enjoy now, but we'll make it." Then I'd wait for the next irrational thought to pop up and I'd do the same with it. When I exhausted all of the irrational fears I would feel a sense of relief. You might need to do this all again later in the day or the next day, but it is a useful coping mechanism to get your over the rough spot.

Love and light,

Posted Image

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

Karma thank you :) :)

Is neuro-emotions a slang term here on the site or is it a medical term? Whatever it is, it is spot-on.

I am a body full of neuro-emotions.

You are suffering from irrational fears ... these are neuro-emotions ... tell yourself that these are not your real thoughts because you know that they are not your real thoughts.

This is a damn hard challenge when in the throes of it. And yet on good days it is so much easier. And that is how I know if it is a chemical reaction. When it's chemcal, it is nearly impossible to get passed.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Can't concentrate

Vivid, disturbing dreams

SOS

2009 Efexor 75mg tapered twice

November 2011 Pristiq 50 mg

January 2012 Pristiq 100 mg, became very dizzy and anxious with a lot negative thinking! Ear aches, eye pain, headaches, bruxism, night sweats.

Currently on 30 mg of compounded Pristiq

Hi Nikki,

I am feeling a lot of what you are.

Very stuck in my thoughts and feeling down about it.

We need to lift eachother up! I am praying for you right now!

Hugs,

Rosie

2009 Efexor 75mg tapered twice

November 2011 Pristiq 50 mg

January 2012 Pristiq 100 mg, became very dizzy and anxious with a lot negative thinking! Ear aches, eye pain, headaches, bruxism, night sweats.

Currently on 30 mg of compounded Pristiq

An update....

Last night was the third drop in dose of Celexa using liquid. Dropped 1/5th mL and I am actually feeling better. The anxiety has lessened. I seem to have more clarity vs having none at all.

I know that a drop in dose no matte how small can bring WD symptoms, I had no idea that it could make someone feel better.

Alto and Rhi you said the 40mgs. was a hefty amount, so maybe this will turn out to be a good thing for me. Feeling better as I drop...slowly and in very tiny amounts.

Thanks and Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Yes, it could make you feel better if you've been having an adverse reaction, albeit subtle, to the medication.

Good to hear, Nikki.

Okay Alto ~ Rhi here is another question for you....

Should I go 7 days or 14 days to make another 1/5th drop?

Generally when I have gone thru WD in the past my symptoms would appear on the 2nd to 3rd day after a drop.

This will be Day 5 and I am okay. I am not out of the woods, but somewhat better.

The AM anxiety is there, but much less. I am still scared and worried about where I am headed in my life. The mental chatter is better. I have Nocturia.

More later........

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Listen to your body. Make a micro-drop when you feel you can handle another bout of symptoms.

Alto I thought I'd post this here for anyone else who is here, or possibly a new member.

I was terrified to start a taper once again from an SSRI. Been there, done that and it was hellacious. There was always Protracted Withdrawal. I actually grieved the passage of time for taking (2) years to get off Lexapro.

Was feeling bad on Celexa. Came to this sight and discovered that 40mgs. is a large dose and a large dose could cause the symptoms I have been experiencing.

Foggy thinking - mental chatter (rapid thoughts) - tired - inability to concentrate - lack of joy - overall bad body feelings - not sleeping well and ABOVE ALL - ANXIETY - which this drug was supposed to help. It made it worse. Was unable to use recovery tools to turn my thinking around from doom and gloom to a more positive mindset.

So after being on the site for a few months and reading, posting, asking questions and deciding I just can't go on like this anymore I purchased the liquid + 10mg. tablets and began the taper.

Alto had to tutor me on mL and mgs. :D

I was a nervous wreck thinking about it, can you believe this.

I decided to take the smallest cut in dose the Oral Syringe is marked for which is 1/5mL.

That was 5 days ago.

There has been a reduction in my anxiety

My thoughts have slowed down

I can interrupt my fears and worries with positive thinking and journaling

I seem to be more accepting of taking life on life's terms

Can believe in a brighter future

I was shocked. The moral here is that we are being over medicated by the Pharmaceutical Companies. The doses are too high and can cause an adverse reaction.

Thank you Rhi for sharing that I would probably feel better lowering such a high dose.

So, onward with less fear. Small cuts are the way to go. I never could do the 10% reduction. I have become so sensitized from AD's.

Hugs everyone ;)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki, I'm on Lexapro, not Celexa, but I've also had the same experience. I am stunned with how much better I am feeling now that I'm half way down than for the last few years on a "full" dose (20mg).

2005 St John's Wort / 2006-2012 Lexapro 20mg, 2 failed attempts to stop, tapered over 4.5 months in early 2012

January 2013 started Sertraline, over time worked up to 100mg

July 2014 Sertraline dropped from 100mg to 75mg, held for six months, slower tapering until 2019 22 Dec 3.2mg

2020 Sertraline 19 Jan 3.1mg, 26 Jan 3.0mg; 1 Mar 2.9, 7 Mar 2.8, May (some drops here) 24 May 2.5, May 29 2.4, June 21 2.3, June 28 2.2mg,  July 4 2.1mg, July 24 (or maybe a bit before) 2mg, early Nov switched to home made suspension; 29 Nov 1.8mg; approx 25 Dec 1.6mg)

2021 Some time in about Jan/Feb realised probably on more like 1.8mg and poss mixing error in making suspension; doses after 10 Feb accurate; 10 Feb 1.6mg; 7 Mar 1.4, continued monthly

10% drops until 1mg, then dropped 0.1mg monthly.

May 2022,0.1mg, now dropping 0.01mg per week

29 August 2022 - first day of zero!

My thread here at SA: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1775-bubbles/page/21/

Current: Armour Thyroid

I am so happy for you Nikki. I feel better too now that I am now almost off Effexor XR.

Daisy

Effexor XL 2009-2012. CT 150mg Effexor XR  2012, Effexor XR  75mg  2012  then rapid taper to 0, Reinstated Effexor XR 13mg then updosed to 20mg, Tapered to 18mg Effexor XR 4/9/12, Off Effexor XL ?Reinstated  Effexor XL 150 mgs  August  2012, Crashed in November 2012, Prozac 40 mgs 2012 to Feb 2018, Buspar 60  mgs 2012-stopped 2015, Remeron 7.5 mgs as needed for sleep-stopped Feb 2017, Prozac 50 mgs Feb 2018 to March 2018, Lexapro 5 mgs March 18 2018 to May 17th 2018, Lexapro 2.5 mgs  May 18th to May 26th 2018, Prozac 10 mgs May 15th 2018, Prozac 5 mgs May 19th 2018 to current day May 28th 2018,  Xanax 0.25 mgs to 0.5 mgs daily for over 15 years. Increased Xanax to 1.5 mgs Sept 2012, Tapered Xanax to 0 mgs  May 2013.Reinstated Xanax Feb 2017 at 0.125 mgs as needed, Gradual increase of Xanax to 1.5 mgs daily till May 22nd 2018, Xanax 1.25 mgs daily. Holding

Cheers to the Three of Us....Daisy Bubbles and Moi:)

Bubbles I see that you have been able to drop 2mgs. a month, is that correct?

that's great. Even 1mg. a month is a milestone.

Years back when Lexapro was the 'Flavor of the Month AD" 20mgs. was considered the highest dose. I was on 40mgs. Celexa had it's highest dose at 20mgs. now it's 40mgs. Crazy.

I am having a problem with Bruxism with Celexa more so than the other meds I was on.

Do you think this may subside as I go lower in dose?

Still have AM anxiety ~ but it is better than before I decreased.

I asked me physician to give me the deeper thyroid blood test with the reverse T3 and she said, no need to. I have insurance why would it make a difference to her. So many people have had thyroid issues and were given AD's. One simple blood test and she said no. Wow.

I am not that confident in decision making these days or should I say the last 3 years, so I am struggling with that too. Meds?

Hugs TGIF

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

This week has been much better compared to the last few months on Celexa. It was way too much drug.

Having bruxism issues, less anxiety.

How does one stop bruxism aside from the mouth guard????

I read about remembering to keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth to break the habit.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

You pretty much need a bite guard. Jaw muscles are very strong.

Generally when I have gone thru WD in the past my symptoms would appear on the 2nd to 3rd day after a drop.

This makes sense because it takes a bit before the level of the drug in your bloodstream goes down enough for your nervous system to notice.

If you've stabilized after a few days, you might try another drop.

Eventually, this could relieve the bruxism.

Nikki, I have actually dropped 4 mg in a month, which was about 20% of original dose. Now that I'm much lower (9mg), I'm going to make the drops smaller, so as to keep the ride fairly smooth. I seem to tolerate weekly drops as long as they're small ones. (Must say here, *so far*. It could still come back to bite me.) I did try longer gaps initially, and then experimented with smaller gaps. I have had such an improvement that I'm now content to go more slowly. I have only had very minor w/d with my first 2mg drop, after I went to 1mg drops that went away. I occasionally get something that could be a bit of parasthesia, or it could just be the bruxism headaches. Hard to tell. If I had anything resembling w/d symptoms I would change my strategy.

The bruxism doesn't seem to have improved. That is, it is better, but I have a mouthguard. When I don't wear the mouthguard I realise how much it is helping! For me, worth every penny as my dental pain has improved so much. The teeth is the main reason I was so desperate to get off the drug, and why I was prepared to risk a faster taper, so it is a little ironic that it seems to be the one symptom that dropping hasn't helped! Anyway, I have to say I wish I'd realised what was going on a bit earlier and got the mouthguard way back when. For me, it was worth every penny.

2005 St John's Wort / 2006-2012 Lexapro 20mg, 2 failed attempts to stop, tapered over 4.5 months in early 2012

January 2013 started Sertraline, over time worked up to 100mg

July 2014 Sertraline dropped from 100mg to 75mg, held for six months, slower tapering until 2019 22 Dec 3.2mg

2020 Sertraline 19 Jan 3.1mg, 26 Jan 3.0mg; 1 Mar 2.9, 7 Mar 2.8, May (some drops here) 24 May 2.5, May 29 2.4, June 21 2.3, June 28 2.2mg,  July 4 2.1mg, July 24 (or maybe a bit before) 2mg, early Nov switched to home made suspension; 29 Nov 1.8mg; approx 25 Dec 1.6mg)

2021 Some time in about Jan/Feb realised probably on more like 1.8mg and poss mixing error in making suspension; doses after 10 Feb accurate; 10 Feb 1.6mg; 7 Mar 1.4, continued monthly

10% drops until 1mg, then dropped 0.1mg monthly.

May 2022,0.1mg, now dropping 0.01mg per week

29 August 2022 - first day of zero!

My thread here at SA: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1775-bubbles/page/21/

Current: Armour Thyroid

Bubbles you are almost at the Finish Line :) Thanks for explaining your strategy and symptoms or lack thereof.

Aside from Bruxism, I noticed that later in the day, yesterday, I was feeling alot more energetic and some joy returned. Smiling and really feeling it.

I am assuming that I may have been in a Celexa induced Coma for quite awhile, so this has been a relief.

I do know from my Lexapro taper that I can become somewhat manic. It troubles me to even say that because it taps into the "Oh now, I am a full-fledged nut job" syndrome or mindset.

Maybe manic isn't the word. Not sure. Speedy. Energetic. My internal engines are on.

So much better than being a zombie. However, looking for balance. Aren't we all?

Has this or does this happen to anyone else??????

Bubbles I have been observing myself to watch for symptoms to gauge the drops.

Bruxism - Manic? - less anxious - back to reading - sleep okay - memory improving - not engaging in doom and gloom - some aches and pains which are gone.

I think I may be ready for another drop (tiny of course). Have to be careful not to get ahead of myself.

Thanks guys.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Yes, hypomania can be a symptom of antidepressant withdrawal. Does it correct in a bit, Nikki?

Hypomania....it does correct itself. I did have alot of coffee this morning at Brunch.

So it can come and go and it is just a WD symptom? It use to come and go with the Lexapro taper. More often than not, mania wasn't the problem, anxiety and depression were.

Thank goodness I wasn't out spending money, as a matter of fact I was browsing and didn't buy a thing :D So proud of myself....Wait I did buy and Black & White Cookie :(

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Hi guys...

Last night I dropped another 1/5th mL of Celexa liquid. So far, so good. Still have same worries and fears ~ the anxiety is better.

I think I should probably stay put for at least two weeks. If this entire taper could be like this it would be wonderful. It certainly is the first time ever that I could taper and not suffer. I'd love to get off meds.

Hugs and Happy Mother's Day

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Happy Mother's Day to you too.Posted Image

Daisy

Effexor XL 2009-2012. CT 150mg Effexor XR  2012, Effexor XR  75mg  2012  then rapid taper to 0, Reinstated Effexor XR 13mg then updosed to 20mg, Tapered to 18mg Effexor XR 4/9/12, Off Effexor XL ?Reinstated  Effexor XL 150 mgs  August  2012, Crashed in November 2012, Prozac 40 mgs 2012 to Feb 2018, Buspar 60  mgs 2012-stopped 2015, Remeron 7.5 mgs as needed for sleep-stopped Feb 2017, Prozac 50 mgs Feb 2018 to March 2018, Lexapro 5 mgs March 18 2018 to May 17th 2018, Lexapro 2.5 mgs  May 18th to May 26th 2018, Prozac 10 mgs May 15th 2018, Prozac 5 mgs May 19th 2018 to current day May 28th 2018,  Xanax 0.25 mgs to 0.5 mgs daily for over 15 years. Increased Xanax to 1.5 mgs Sept 2012, Tapered Xanax to 0 mgs  May 2013.Reinstated Xanax Feb 2017 at 0.125 mgs as needed, Gradual increase of Xanax to 1.5 mgs daily till May 22nd 2018, Xanax 1.25 mgs daily. Holding

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi guys...

Last night I dropped another 1/5th mL of Celexa liquid. So far, so good. Still have same worries and fears ~ the anxiety is better.

I think I should probably stay put for at least two weeks. If this entire taper could be like this it would be wonderful. It certainly is the first time ever that I could taper and not suffer. I'd love to get off meds.

Hugs and Happy Mother's Day

Great to hear you are feeling improved! Off loading some of the anxiety has to be a big relief. Good tapers are possible, Yes indeed. Happy Mothers' Day back at ya. ~S

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

Yes, hypomania can fluctuate with withdrawal. It's an overstimulation.

Thanks Daisy....

Schuyler only we can understand how much of a relief it is to unload some (even a little bit) of anxiety.

I know two people who had a rough taper in the beginning and then they took it very slow and didn't suffer. Got off the stuff and didn't go thru a Protracted WD. Hard to believe, but true.

That's what I am aiming for ;)

Today my stomach is bothering me. I'd rather have a stomach issue than anxiety any day.

I have a Thick Head, want to do things My Way and have finally got it thru my head that these drugs have a mind of their own. Crazy isn't it...

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Big Mistake :( Last night I dropped another fifth. Got to go back up in dose. Determined not to suffer from WD.

We live and learn....

Took 1000 mgs. Tylenol and I really think I was a bad combo. The drop + the tylenol.

Very bad anxiety this morning

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Oh gosh nikki, hope you ok soon x

When I eventually taper again I am gonna do it over 12-18 months. Not very brave me lol !

Do you take anything when you get bad anxiety or just wait for it to go away. I try to walk but the weather horrible and windy over in the UK.

Hope it goes away soon

Debbie xx :)

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Hi Debbiejo

I started a post about Acetamenaphine, Naproxine and Ibuprofen because I realized this morning that they bother me big time. So the drop coupled with the tylenol was not a good thing.

I don't really take anything for the anxiety. I have taken Propanolol which is a Beta Blocker for HBP which stops anxiety in it's tracks. Works well. However there is a rebounding depression.

I have taken Xanax and that works too, but for me there is a hangover feeling and rebounding depression. Don't like the after effects.

Right not I stopped taking any vitamin supplements. These drugs have set me up for the extreme sensitivities so I am notgoin to take anything for a good while.

Rescue rememey is supposed to be good. I am not against anyone using benzos. They can be a God Send when the anxiety is killer. Interrupting the cycle of anxiety is helpful otherwise it can build on itself.

I sent you a Private Message....

I hope you are starting to stabilize:)

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Yes thanks and I replied I think lol.

I have got some more liquid from GP today so I can take even doses, better than trying to half pills. Hope this will help. I did get some more diazepam too! I am being careful with them. I'm using rescue remedy too in the day I'm sure it actually works sometimes now.

Hope your anxiety gone now

Thank you for your help and info it is much appreciated

Hugs to you too

xx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!