SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Nikki: hi, my rundown with ADs

Nikki

Even though the anxiety is a bit better.... I still have it every single morning.

I read from some daily readers, then journal about it. I feel like I am losing my mind and that "it" will never go away.

Having trouble falling asleep. Takes a few hours. Wake feeling tired.

Oh God...I am crying this morning, not alot, but it's there.

Alto I would like to start a new thread on the subject of anxiety. Have to go now....more later.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Oh gosh nikki I'm so sorry to hear that

How long does your anxiety last in the mornings?

I still get a bit but not even half as bad as it was.

Can you get up and go for a walk in the morning ? I have started doing that.

I read someone had an Epsom salt bath in the evening and that helped them to sleep.

Lots of hugs for you xx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Administrator

Yes, start a topic about anxiety if you'd like, Nikki.

Have you tried melatonin? What it's good for is initiating sleep.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Alto years back when I first took an AD (Pamelor) I tried it and it was like taking LSD for me. That was a long time ago. I worked very hard today and hopefully that will lull me into a nice sleep.

Just read a link to Dr. Breggin's reports on these drugs. Amazing. We really were hurt by this stuff.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Hi nikki

Hope you managed to get a decent sleep

Just wondered where the link is tilting dr Breggins report

Xx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Don't know what I wrote in my las post lol but hope you know what I mean x

Diazepam Free!

Is this WD?

Dropped 1/5th for a week, was feeling a littel bit better. Then dropped another 1/5th.

I am a mess right now.

Every morning same story. Bad anxiety, dry heaving, tears, very down. Scared to death.

Don't know what to do for myself.

Can't go on with anxiety much longer. It's been several years of struggling with it and me.

When things get this bad I immediately think of taking Imipramine...

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Moved your post to your topic as an update.

Sounds like withdrawal to me. You might not be able to drop .20mg every week. Go back up and try decreasing every 2 weeks.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone tell me if I'm on the right page? I'm concerened with celexa and don't understand this forum stuff. thank you, Mini

• Administrator

Hi, mini, you did fine starting your topic in the Introductions section. You can put all your questions there until you get to know your way around.

It's been a month and I have managed to get myself down to slightly less than 2 mgs. bringing me from 40mgs. to 38mgs.

So far this has been the easiest taper I have done so far. 40 mgs. was toxic. Gave me alot of anxiety. It was supposed to control anxiety. Ain't that a kick-in-the-teeth.

When I drop I can get a "high" for lack of a better word. Not manic, but energized for a day or two.

I also get insomnia. Have had it for a few days. Exhausted. The exhaustion from insomnia from WD is not good for me. My thoughts tend to spiral downward and I immediately go into self-doubt, desperation, hopelessness, things like that.

I am thinking that after the next 1/5th drop which will leave me @ 38mgs. I may just coast there for awhile.

As usual there are siutations that bug me. Yesterday the restaurant my daughter works at closed. Felt so bad for her. Still building my business & here is where I become scared. WD intensifies this.

Want to stay in reality, keep moving forward and finding some serentity & security.....this is one helluva challenge while WDing.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

I went through 8 months of withdrawal from Zoloft before my doctor suggested switching to Wellbutrin and coming off of that. He had to research it to find the method. He was only an OB/GYN, doing his best to help me. I was on 75 mg and in 8 months, I got down to 10 mg only to have to go back on it because the 'discontinuation syndrome,' (I loathe that term), was just too much.

After consulting with my doctor, I made the transition in 1 week. The tapering went quickly from there. I was off antidepressants inside a month! I was awestruck by how much I had suffered needlessly.

I seriously recommend you talk with your doctor about this. If he/she doesn't know about this method, I suggest you find a psychiatrist who specializes in addiction. I had to find one to get off Xanax which I took for the panic disorder part of my condition. Also, I leaned on it while going through the Zoloft fiasco.

Despite what the drug companies say, SSRI's are addictive. Just because they don't stimulate the 'reward' center of the brain doesn't mean its not addictive. If cessation induces withdrawal, its addiction. But I'm not a doctor so go ahead & discredit me. I, however, value the personal experience. I know how hard it can be coming off this stuff and while I believe these drugs have a place, the docs who prescribe it need to know how to properly get someone off it when they are ready. Sadly, they don't. Most of them mean well but the drug companies just don't care to educate the physicians completely on safe use and cessation of these powerful drugs.

BTW, I also got off benzos, so if anyone wants to know how I did that, feel free to ask.

Eonwe....

I am only on Celexa. I have done crossovers in the past. I was on a tricyclic and crossed over to Celexa from that.

Right now I seem to be able to taper down from Celexa without it being too bad. I have a long way to go and in my heart I really don't want to introduce another medication.

Are you talking about crossing over or just getting off completely?

I don't know what the future will bring in terms of getting off Celexa, for right now I keep my fingers crossed that I can continue on this path.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Nikki, dear, please put your updates in your topic here.

It sounds like you need to make smaller cuts, or hold longer.

Eonwe, you were very lucky that switch worked for you and you were able to go off so quickly. That technique is not going to work for everyone.

Yes, Nikki, I'm off it all completely. I switched to Wellbutrin, then came off of it immediately. At the time, I didn't think I was going to be able to come off Zoloft. I'd been suffering for so long. But the Wellbutrin did the trick.

Well it's 2mgs. down. Feeling it now. I guess I did it again...too much too soon.

I thought I could handle it and it seemed alot easier than I did Lexapro.

Some physical symptoms. You know feeling unwell and tired. Mental stuff is what's disturbing me. When it is a chemical change it is impossible to overcome the thoughts for me.

Anyone else?

Alto I am going to stay put at this dose for quite sometime. I can't stand going thru this again.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Hi Nikki, I'm watching your story closely. I finished my crossover from Cymbalta to Celexa 5 weeks ago.

My crossover went really well. I didn't feel much change except started having headaches which I'm still

having. I crossed over to 30mg Celexa. Two weeks ago I dropped down 2mg, so I'm now at 28mg. My mood is

fine, no anxiety or depression, but I have this awful spacey feeling that I also had while tapering Cymbalta.

I was hoping that would be better on Celexa. It's hard to know if the headaches are from Celexa or Cymbalta

w/d. So I plan to continue to slowly drop my Celexa dosage as I can tolerate it. Surely one day the spaciness

and headaches will end. Good luck with your taper. Please keep posting your updates.

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

Nikki,

A resounding YES to difficulty overcoming the chemically/hormonally-mediated mood/thoughts. It is so strong and cycling through the day now. I feel like different people entirely. And the different Barbs don't like each other :-o

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Oh gosh nikki

So sorry to hear you're having those disturbing thoughts, I do hope they go away soon! I experienced them when I ct'd along with crying all the while, it's the most terrible thing I've ever experienced. They did not last that long and hoping yours won't either. X

Sorry to hear you too barb are having difficulties and you become just one barb again soon x

Wishing you both a speedy relief x

Diazepam Free!

Lundeliz....please go slowly with the Celexa. After a crossover there can be WD from the first drug, in your case the Cymbalta. I guess I am saying not to rock the boat too much. Glad you are okay.

Barb...I hope the 2 Barbs will integrate soon and become 1 Barb once again :D Too funny. The mental stuff really stinks. A real sense of powerelessness.

The powerlessness is very disarming. It is not being in the driver's seat of our own lives.

My plan is to stay put. I have been worse off in the past. Have to stick to a resolve to throw out the calendar and just do this very slowly.

I am really angry that these drugs can control/alter a person's life so much. I tend fo fall into the trap of "this feels so bad, I can't go on another day longer, maybe I should try-------- to feel better. When in reality it is the drugs that caused all these problems in the first place.

For me, over the course of time, the drugs I took coupled with WD caused something to go wrong inside my head and body. There is some type of damage. How can these drugs cause so much anxiety & depression when they were supposed to help....crazy stuff

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Have a few mintues to post. Last night my daughter was having severe anxiety. She had t take xanax and hydrozazine too. She laid down with me for awhile and then went back to her room to go to sleep.

The two of us are a mess with anxiety.

As I've shared mornings are when I am at my worst. She gets it at night.

I am not doing well. I did in the beginning and then I remembered that happened to me with a Lexapro taper. Felt okay and then BAM...hit a bottom.

I was talking to my daughter last night. She said I have done this too many times.

Switching meds - Up dosing, tapering, etc. The results are always the same. Bad anxiety, crying, feeling ill, confused thoughts, etc.

Quite honestly the best I have ever felt was when I was taking a small amount of Imipramine and a small amount of Celexa. Imipramine helped anxiety and Celexa helped the depression/crying spells.

The last three years coupled with two years before that (tapering from Lexapro) have been brutal. Five years of hell. Right now I am thinking that I just can't do this again. And...I don't know what to do. I am thinking about introducing Imipramine once again when I get to a lower dose of Celexa. The Merry-Go-Round.

I have friends who take meds and they are okay, and glad they found something that helped them. I just want to stop the anxiety. Situational stuff is a biggy for me and has been for a few years.

Running out of steam...just want some peace. Maybe I should have not started a taper at this point in time but I felt I had to do something.

Will be back home later....need to talk.

Nikki

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Sorry Nikki to hear you and your daughter are suffering, may I ask how old your Daughter is?

I have a 18yr old daughter and she's started to suffer from mild anxiety. I take her to a homeopath and just hope it doesn't get any worse.

Nikki, I noticed you reduced 2 mg and you thought it was too much - could you just reduce by 1mg or 1/2?

I know im not experienced in all of this but I am learning and have read that some people have to take it slower than slow.

I do hope you and your daughter can find relief soon somehow

Hugs to you both x x

Diazepam Free!

I was talking to my daughter last night. She said I have done this too many times.

Switching meds - Up dosing, tapering, etc. The results are always the same. Bad anxiety, crying, feeling ill, confused thoughts, etc.

Quite honestly the best I have ever felt was when I was taking a small amount of Imipramine and a small amount of Celexa. Imipramine helped anxiety and Celexa helped the depression/crying spells.

The last three years coupled with two years before that (tapering from Lexapro) have been brutal. Five years of hell. Right now I am thinking that I just can't do this again. And...I don't know what to do. I am thinking about introducing Imipramine once again when I get to a lower dose of Celexa. The Merry-Go-Round.

I have friends who take meds and they are okay, and glad they found something that helped them. I just want to stop the anxiety. Situational stuff is a biggy for me and has been for a few years.

Running out of steam...just want some peace. Maybe I should have not started a taper at this point in time but I felt I had to do something.

Will be back home later....need to talk.

Nikki

I may have missed something throughout your thread, but why did you stop taking the small amount of imipramine and Celexa?

My Intro
2000-Effexor and Klonopin
April 2011- C/T Adderall, lithium, Seroquel, Lunesta; Pristiq and Klonopin cut by 1/2 due to med-induced "rapid cycling"
May 2011- Pristiq/Lexapro bridge/taper
June, 2011- K cut to 0.5 mg (doctor)
July 18, 2011 - Lexapro done
October 2011- K taper started
Jan, 2012- Off K, Remeron started -bad idea
March 2012- Horrific Tardive Akathisa/TD (Dx: TA versus withdrawal akathisia secondary to K w/d)
May 2012- Reinstatement of K
Current Psych Meds: Klonopin 2 mg + Propanolol 15 mg and titrating up
As of June 2013: TA gone or suppressed - struggling with tolerance to benzos - beta blocker helping

Nikki,

I hope your day got better. Whatever you decide to do is ok. Please always remember that. You dont need extra pressure/anxiety of feeling you "must" get to zero.

I'm noticing a pattern in females of same family to have similar tendencies to cycle in and out of anxious ("high energy") or depressive ("low energy") states. Do you think there is a hormonal component? Even slightly overactive thyroid can produce anxiety and thyroid activity is constantly fluctuating to some degree. I've had "anxiety" when i try to increase my thyroid med. I dont know how that would be monitored regularly, though Karma might. I think it was Elizabeth who recently had a hyperthyroid crisis. May also be referred to as thyrotoxicosis.

Just a thought, Nikki.

{{{HUGS}}}

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Hi guys....

As ususal morning has passed, went to work and feel better. My daughter is 23. The place she was working at closed this week, hence the anxiety. She started to have anxiety at age 13 when her father and I divorced.

Although he was a good provider he is a verbally and emotionally abusive person. He projects this onto her. He could have given Omar Kadhafi anxiety :lol:

She does take Imipramine. Physician recommended upping the dose.

Annj ~ I did the drop in cuts of 1/5mL each time. Mistake was that I felt okay and thought :huh: I could do it every week. I suppose cuts are cummulative.

I was on 200mgs. Imipramine for a few years. In August 2011, I made the decision to crossover from Imipramine to Celexa which I did in a few months time.

You are all so nice and if you need to talk, just PM me...it makes me feel good to help others out:)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

I agree, Nikki, it sounds like your cuts have been too large recently and you have withdrawal symptoms. That morning anxiety is a hallmark.

You may wish to updose slightly.

I don't remember what a 1/5 reduction is. How much Celexa are you taking now?

Hi Alto as you know I am not good at all with numbers ~ mgs. and mL

I went from 5mL on the syringe down to 4mL which is 2mgs. I did this by using 5 spaces in between the 5mL and 4mL. There are 5 cuts to get from 5 to 4.

I did it in probaby 5 weeks time. Not so good.

Alto you said moring anxiety is hallmark sign of wd?

I am at 38mgs.of Celexa I assume if 5mL drop to 4mL = 2mgs.

4mL_________

_________

_________

_________

_________

5mL_________

Alto as you can tell Math was not my best subject :D

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Yes, morning anxiety is a hallmark sign of withdrawal.

Your Celexa liquid is a 2:1 concentration. There are 2mg Celexa in each 1mL of the liquid. See our conversation http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2023-tips-for-tapering-off-celexa-citalopram/page__view__findpost__p__20041

What is the size of your oral syringe, Nikki? Is it 5mL or 10mL? Are you taking all of your 38mg in the liquid form?

Each division in the syringe you drew would be .2mL, or .4mg Celexa.

Rather than decreasing by 2mg each time, you can decrease by as small as .4mg, by going down just one tick (in red). This might be better for you.

4mL_________

_________

_________

_________

_________

5mL_________

• Moderator Emeritus

Hypomania....it does correct itself. I did have alot of coffee this morning at Brunch.

So it can come and go and it is just a WD symptom? It use to come and go with the Lexapro taper. More often than not, mania wasn't the problem, anxiety and depression were.

Thank goodness I wasn't out spending money, as a matter of fact I was browsing and didn't buy a thing :D So proud of myself....Wait I did buy and Black & White Cookie :(

LOL--coffee will do it! Especially in withdrawal. I've always been super sensitive to caffeine anyway, but I know lots of coffee drinkers have to give it up during withdrawal.

How's the turtle taper going, Nikki? You sound good. I'm so glad! :-)

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

Mental stuff is what's disturbing me. When it is a chemical change it is impossible to overcome the thoughts for me.

Anyone else?

Hugs

Absolutely, me too, Nikki. It's so frustrating! I hate the way these drugs can control even my thoughts. I guess from a sort of distant intellectual vantage point it's interesting, that people believe they have so much control over their own minds and behavior, but those of us going through these experiences with these drugs learn otherwise. It's such a tenet of our whole society, that we alone control our thoughts and our actions. It's so weird to realize how vulnerable our very selves, our sense of who we are, those things that most personally make us who we are, can be.

From an intellectual distance I guess it's interesting how much our very thoughts can be bent and changed by these chemicals. (Speaking for me that is. I should say "I" and "me" instead of "we" I guess.)

But I HATE IT. I hate it. I hate it. And did I mention, I hate it...?

yish. thanks for mentioning this one, it does feel good to know I'm not alone, although I guess I wish nobody else had to experience this.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

• Moderator Emeritus

Nikki, hang in there.

Celexa actually causes a decrease in glutamate/glutamine and an increase in GABA levels, among all the other crap it does in our bodies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19373461

If you read up about glutamate/GABA you'll understand that decreasing Celexa could thereby cause an increase in excitatory symptoms like morning anxiety, overstimulation, anxiety and agitation in general, feelings of dissatisfaction with life, etc. (You may want to consider avoiding caffeine during withdrawal for this reason.)

I think you may want to try the microtaper--take really tiny cuts. (I cut by 1/10 of a mg at a time, personally, although I'm on a much lower dose too plus tapering other meds, so not really the same as you. Just saying, you can cut by much less than 2 mg at a time.)

Your system is just super sensitive to changes, probably because of the history you describe of having gone on and off so many meds in the past. Make smaller changes. Take your time. Allow your poor sensitive brain enough time to re-stabilize between changes.

I think it's very early days yet to speculate about what meds you may or may not need to feel well in the future. At this point let's see what gently getting you down off this very high dose of Celexa, and stabilizing, does for you. There are many non-drug ways to manage and work with our emotions and mental states, much healthier than putting these crazymaking poisons into ourselves.

Or you may find you stabilize best on some very low dose of something. (I would guess you'd do best, if you have to take something, on very low doses, given your history and sensitivity.)

Like I say, early days yet. Take care of yourself now and you can learn to trust your future self to take care of you in the future.

Yes, morning anxiety is a hallmark sign of withdrawal.

Your Celexa liquid is a 2:1 concentration. There are 2mg Celexa in each 1mL of the liquid. See our conversation http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2023-tips-for-tapering-off-celexa-citalopram/page__view__findpost__p__20041

What is the size of your oral syringe, Nikki? Is it 5mL or 10mL? Are you taking all of your 38mg in the liquid form?

Each division in the syringe you drew would be .2mL, or .4mg Celexa.

Rather than decreasing by 2mg each time, you can decrease by as small as .4mg, by going down just one tick (in red). This might be better for you.

4mL_________

_________

_________

_________

_________

5mL_________

Hi Alto....thank you for your patience:) Alto I decreased by going down to the tiniest tick or line in between 5mL to 4mL for a total of 5 drops which would equal in total after 5 week = 2mgs.

I take 30mgs. in pills and the original 10 with liquid using a 5mL syringe. The liquid is now at 8mgs.

If this equation is correct I only dropped in very small amounts however I did it in what is not proving to be a short time.

Hugs....what would we/I do without you.....Hugs

Rhi: But I HATE IT. I hate it. I hate it. And did I mention, I hate it...?

yish. thanks for mentioning this one, it does feel good to know I'm not alone, although I guess I wish nobody else had to experience this.

Ditto:) many hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Hi Nikki

These drugs do have a cumulative effect - that is what got me in trouble last fall with Effexor - I was decrementing by 6.25 mg every two weeks and didn't realize that I was starting to have symptoms until I ended up with irrational fears, anxiety, dread, etc. It was the cumulative effect that got me.

You are getting a lot of good support and advise here. Just wanted to state for the record that they do have a cumulative effect when decrementing the dosage.

Posted Image Karma

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

Absolutley Karma. Rhi thank you for reminding me to take it easy. The decrease as given me agitation and I did notice that I had regular coffee at brunch yesterday and I was very agitated and wired.

Being in AT&T for 2 hours did not help. They NEVER send a correct billing statement.

NEVER :angry:

I have a friend who is a retired psych nurse. Great lady. She was telling me her med story yesterday and she is very well.

She suffered from anxiety and depression. Was told the depression fueled her anxiety. After trying several medications she finally ended up on a small amount of Wellbutrin (don't know the amount) and a small amount of Desipramine (10mgs.)

She said it was the first time in her life that she actually felt good and broke out of her isolation and began seeing life in a much better way. She is one the nicest people I know. She is living her life and now wakes up with an attitude of gratitude.

She has been on the Wellbutrin-Desipramine for 11 years. I asked her if she had a shame issue about taking meds and she said no because she was a nurse and she used to counsel her patients on not feeling bad about taking their meds whether it was isulin or an AD. She said she knows of the dangers and WD, but she worke with a Psych Nurse Practitioner to get her to where she is now....in peace.

One of the main reasons I got off Imipramine when I started to take Celexa was shame or feelings of being a nut who has to take medicine. PS ~ insurance companies will generally bump up the premiums by 25% if taking a psych med.

I am happy for my friend, and who knows maybe some of us really do need something.

I sure wish I wasn't one of them. ;)

Talk more later and lot of hugs B)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

I am not well this morning. Waking in the morning is torture. My head feels diconnected from my skull. Anxiety bad. I feel the shakes internally, it is not external shakiing...thank God. Bad Bruxism. Forgetfulness.

My daughter is out of control and making me feel ill. The drama she brings into her life, spills over (big time) into my life. I can't even begin to tell you about it.

She has issues she will not address with counseling. She refuses.

Very bad choices, not very healthy friends. One dopey boyfriend after the next.

In her own way she is suffering, but she acts out in unhealthy ways. She is the adult child of an alcoholic father who is verbally and mentally abusive. he could use Al-Anon too.

My daughter's life makes a taper very bad. I don't know if I can continue with the taper at this point in time. I need to keep myself together, healthy, calm, well rested and pain free. Not happening.

To night I may go back up in dose or return to the original dose. I can't go on another day with the taper and this kid. Bad mix...

I need to go back to the Psych Nurse and I need to go back to counseling.

I woke up not long ago, showered and came down to post. Need some help.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

I am not well this morning. Waking in the morning is torture. My head feels diconnected from my skull. Anxiety bad.

I woke up not long ago, showered and came down to post. Need some help.

Hugs

Hi Nikki.. I'm very sorry things are so difficult for you. Do you have any place you can go just to regroup. Maybe do something special for yourself, could be simple. Just a time out. Maybe even a cup of special coffee.. can you get out of the house for a while. What is your support system in the community?~S

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin