Blue012: what does everyone think?

Blue012

I've been on mirtazipine for 4 months at the beginning it helped me sleep like a dream. Now I'm falling asleep some nights without it. I'm also cross over tapering from oxazepam to valium, I wont bore you all with the detail. 

Anyway I feel mirtazipine has done not much for my anxiety and want to know does anyone think I'll have withdrawals stopping after 4 months.

Just fyi, I built a tolerance to oxazepam after 4 years. I was on it after a couple of traumas. My main issue was anxiety to the extreme, (GAD) Panic attacks and didnt actually think I had depression.

I'm lost and confused 

• Altostrata changed the title to Blue012 What does everyone think!
  • Administrator

Welcome, Blue.

I moved your post to the Introductions section, to start your Introductions topic.

How much mirtazapine are you taking? The crossover from oxazepam to valium is very important. Why are you making this change? What is your crossover method?

What is your sleep pattern? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

Generally, we urge people to make only one drug at a time, or you won't know where symptoms are coming from. How is your benzo crossover going?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thankyou,

Yes I'm keeping notes and getting about 7hrs solid sleep.

I was taking 22.5mg mirtazipine for the last month but 15mg for 3 months prior.

I'm finding I'm falling asleep just the last month without taking a mirtazipine by accident. Which is why I'm wanting to come off it as at the beginning it only helped I felt with sleep as I wasnt sleeping.

My benzo crossover is barely holding me but due to my tolerance wanted to be careful adding anymore. I haven't changed much besides I'm sleeping and that's it  but I also have a huge stress coming up next month.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Blue012: what does everyone think?