SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Kellyann: mum polydrugged - tapering risperidone

Kellyann

Hi everyone I’m not good with websites this is actually my first ever one so hoping I’m doing this right!! I’m here for my mum she’s in the process of being tapered of resperidone she was on 2mg twice a day so 4mgs a day and her phyc wants to remove her at 1mg a month!! My mum was givin this medication by accident for 2 and a half years in her blister pack!! They changed her to a depot injection with it in it and forgot to remove the oral tablets from her box so she’s been on both and now 2 and a half years later they’ve only caught on and are tapering her of it but keeping her on her depot! My mum is on 13 other tablets benzo etc and she’s only 55 and is a very complex case in phyciatry she lost her sister tragically and then was diagnosed with bipolar disorder!! She is very very weak and sick and cannot do normal daily take shes a living robot and has lost so much muscle from just sitting in front of the tv!! She’s simply not able and she’s only 55!! I’m slap bang in the middle of a benzo taper myself and I’m sick and alone with a daughter who’s just been diagnosed with Addison’s disease and I’m going to have to take my mum in now and help her because of there mistake and she has nobody else to..I really need help on what to expect and if anyone has tapered of this medication any of your information would b greatly appreciated!! Thanks xxx

• ChessieCat changed the title to Kellyann: Mum polydrugged - tapering risperidone
  • Administrator

Welcome, Kellyann.

Oh, that's terrible that your mum is on so many drugs.

Your mum is taking risperidone by tablet AND is getting a monthly injection? Have you discussed minimizing her drugs with her doctor? Her over-drugging is medical incompetence.

Please put ALL her drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

I'll need to know what drugs she's taking, the time of day she takes each of them, and their dosages.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Kellyann: mum polydrugged - tapering risperidone