SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Alanmane: try hard

Alanmane

• Administrator

Sorry changing the venlafaxine schedule wasn't helpful. At least now you know its effect on you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Update: 8 days ago I am at the 37.5mg mark.

The truth is that although it is not terrible, my quality of life has worsened because I feel emotional numbness, it is hard for me not to feel just positive emotions when I am starting a new relationship with a girl, I have found a new job better ... Simply not It motivates me a lot or makes me feel the joy that it should, it seems that I do not care and it gives me a bit the same.

This fact makes me feel broken and I think that my emotional wound must be deep to be almost impassive in positive situations.

I also feel better energy, ability to plan and organize, to think clearly, I speak less and I have the constant feeling of insecurity and fear, all this makes me believe that I am of little value, my rational mind attacks me saying that I do not deserve anything good. It is curious to know that a girl who is a very good person is interested in me and she seems a good person, it is hard to understand.

I feel that I have too much disordered information in my mind and it is difficult to clarify my ideas before the brain fog. Anyway, it has been 8 days since I cut 6 ridiculous pearls and I'm still in WD, I plan to hold on this dose as long as it takes.

I would like to know how to stop braking and flow, even if it entails anger and so on, I do not release myself and I keep everything bad that I feel. Even with these problems I will start my new job of less hours than the previous one and I will continue with the relationship. I also say that last week I saw my psychiatrist and I said goodbye, coincidentally I saw in the center two other psychiatrists who treated me, the first I met at 18 years old and he tortured me severely, and the second he treated me at 23 years old, I did not greet anybody or look them in the face.

I will not go to that psychiatric ward again. I trust that time and effort will give me health.

Mayo 2018: Venlafaxina 150 mg y toma 64mg Diciembre 2018: Venlafaxina xr 56mg 

Diciembre de 2018: Venlafaxina xr 58mg Enero de 2019: Venlafaxina xr 56mg

Febrero 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 40 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 7 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5mg

Octubre 2019: venlafaxina xr 18mg aprox.

Enero 2020: 50 perlas Febrero 2020: 40 perlasMarzo 2020: 30 perlas 

Abril 2020: 35 perlas (en crisis)

Agosto 2020: 25 perlas, 23 perlas Noviembre: 03/11/2020 26 perlas 05/11/2030 22 perlas, 22/11/2020 24 perlas.Diciembre: 40 perlas (5 días) , vuelvo a 30 perlas.

I am in the first real wave in all my year retiring venlafaxine, I have gone through constant states of bad stat but it seems that now at 37.5mg this is getting worse.

I have no words to describe what I feel, it escapes my understanding and my ability to explain it clearly but in summary I find myself agitated (akhatisia?), I am constantly tired, my thoughts are not clear, it is difficult for me to use the words I really want, I feel like a child terrified by existence, afraid of nothing and everything. It's very strange.

At the moment this condition, although it is painful, is not extreme and I do not intend to increase my dose. I am thinking that EMDR therapy that I started will not help me, I do not trust its purely empirical bases and without scientific demonstration, I do not feel understood by a therapist who does not know what WD is, I know that it is very difficult to find a professional according to my expectations, before getting frustrated with this I prefer to leave.

I do not think that a psychotherapy can serve me when it comes to pure abstinence, my problem is that I feel bad about reducing Effexor, for this there is only the solution of time and act as best as your mind allows, it is beyond the reach of therapies that can help slightly. Like many people here my biggest fear is not knowing the end of this, to think that I can be suffering for years terrifies me and takes away my illusion for life, I think that maybe the path to 0mg is getting harder, it is possible that with the time can not work or do any activity due to depression.

I am sure that this fight is the worst or the worst that a human being can fight. I will continue fighting.

Febrero 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 40 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 7 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5mg

Agosto 2020: 25 perlas, 23 perlas Noviembre: 03/11/2020 26 perlas 05/11/2030 22 perlas, 22/11/2020 24 perlas.Diciembre: 40 perlas (5 días) , vuelvo a 30 perlas.

I do not feel myself, I do not have any positive emotion for anything, it is difficult for me to speak without locking myself, it's like my mind does not work with quality. Damn torture, of all the AD I had to touch effexor, one of the hardest along with paroxetine. Is this an extreme test of fate? I just hope to recover my sanity, now I can hardly think, feel, speak clearly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I have a question that worries me a lot. I have the feeling that the 37.5mg I take every day for 4 weeks cause me to be ill, it may be WD, it may be my natural state, but it may be the effects of effexor since before I take the pill I feel better than hours after having taken it. Even if that were the case, I can not get out of effexor quickly after a year of tapper, but it may improve once it's at an even lower dose. All this escapes my understanding many times, mental and physical fatigue is worse than ever throughout the reduction. People often say that they have career thoughts but the opposite happens to me, I hardly think, I have no inner narrative, I live in a state of helplessness because of low concentration, encouragement, motivation ... I think this whole process He is killing slowly and I am only 27 years old. I hate effexor.

• Moderator Emeritus
17 minutes ago, Alanmane said:

if you are very agitated I would use a benzo

@Alanmane

Please do not make drug suggestions.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I give up EMDR therapy, I do not notice any benefit and I do not want to extend something that seems useless, the placebo does not work with me. I do not trust that a psychological therapy will help me improve my WD, the only useful thing is the passage of time and the daily effort to live despite all the difficulties. Does anyone know if acupuncture can be useful to improve WD? I do not feel like throwing more money. The solution to all this is the time and daily effort fighting against the symptoms of abstinence, the rest I think is slightly useful.

• Moderator Emeritus

Acupuncture - Posts #6 & #8 (not detox or stimulation)

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

2 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Acupuntura - Publicaciones # 6 y # 8 (no desintoxicación o estimulación)

The truth is that it does not motivate me to go back to try another therapy, there are things that a person can improve their WD symptoms. Maybe acupuncture helps a little, maybe not, maybe my condition worsens, I do not feel like trying my luck. I guess that what I live depends on the passage of time and the attitude of the day to day. I doubt there is a remedy to have a clear mind, a lot of energy, the ability to enjoy ... That will come with time, I hope. Thanks for the info Chessie.

Necessary update:

maybe the worst day since I started to reduce Effexor. I feel miserable, agitated, diarrhea, anhedonia, apathy, cerebral fog, I want to cry, I feel ashamed for who I am and how I feel. I went to the cashier to withdraw money and I did not remember the 4 digits of the key ... I was scared although I managed to remember. To think that this can last for months makes me want to finish everything.

I tend to think that this intense can not be caused by a pill and that it is my mind that is sick. I feel humiliated by the system. I waited a week to work 8 hours a day for 5 days taking care of the elderly and I hope to improve a bit because this is painful.

I find it hard to think what I can do to improve when I can barely think of a damn phrase.

I hope I can cry with compassion for my own pain, it would be a relief ...

Alan,

The remedy to living happy, healthy, and strong is already out there. In fact there are many remedies out there. You have to find what works for you and stay consistent. Because you are tapering, your CNS is very sensitive right now. Essentially your brain is dealing with a lot of inflammation. That’s why you feel the way you do. Meditation, diet/nutrition, active lifestyle, cold therapy, breathing techniques, magnesium and fish oil, are all scientifically proven (NOT PLACEBO) methods to calming the CNS. For me personally an ice bath everyday and learning how to breath has been the biggest game changer. I still get a little foggy from time to time and do experience a low occasionally, but for the most part my mental faculties are operating how they should be. I feel better than I have in 7 years. Without a doubt I’m happy, healthy, and strong and it keeps getting better. You can feel like this too, everyone can. And the best part, it’s free. 

Citalopram: 2011

Sertraline February: 2013-November 2013

Escitalopram January: 2014-August 2014

Escitalopram November: 2014-January 2016

Venlafaxine: April 2016-January 2018 (8 month taper included)

Thank you for your words, I try to do things to improve but maybe I do not give the right ones for me. I do not know how to describe my state, it's like my vital energy is low, I'm dominated by fear, anxiety, anguish ... It's funny that everything gets worse when I take the effexor pill, the hours before I take it I feel better, that makes me think that the effect of effexor hurts me but I can not afford to reduce fast either, although sometimes I would like to make two large dose cuts and end this. I do not know if it makes much sense because I feel living something absurd, I feel that reasoned little and superficially. I will continue fighting although I am very tired at this point. It is hard for me to accept and manage to feel so bad and with hardly any thoughts.

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Cnick91 said:

.Essentially your brain is dealing with a lot of inflammation. That’s why you feel the way you do. Meditation, diet/nutrition, active lifestyle, cold therapy, breathing techniques, magnesium and fish oil, are all scientifically proven (NOT PLACEBO) methods to calming the CNS. For me personally an ice bath everyday and learning how to breath has been the biggest game changer. 

@Cnick91

I appreciate your knowledge in ways to naturally boost mood and calm the nervous system. Many members here (and indeed moderators) have benefitted from some of the tips you’ve shared. I feel it is for each of us to experiment with various methods of self-soothing and find our individualised way to improved well being. 

In regards to your line about brain inflammation, we find it is best not to make generalised statements such as ‘your brain is dealing with lots of inflammation’. Not only can it be alarming to members like Alanmane who are currently going through difficult symptoms, but without specific testing it is not necessarily an accurate statement either.

Brain inflammation has been linked to symptoms of depression and anxiety, in specific studies using PET scans, but there are still so many unknowns in the world of emotional symptoms and psychiatric drug withdrawal, so we prefer not to speculate on the cause of symptoms and waves and keep things as simple as possible in that respect.

We often use terms such as ‘sensitive nervous system’ or ‘destabilised nervous system’, as based on Alto’s conversation with very knowledgeable individuals in the field of drug withdrawal, this best describes what happens during withdrawal, and hence we tend to stick with those terms. 

@Alanmane I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit a rough patch. Although the Effexor may well contribute to some of your difficult symptoms, it sounds like it might be worthwhile holding your dose for the time being and giving your body some stability in regards to your drug intake. If you are feeling the worst you have in some time, and you’re currently at your lowest dose of Effexor, it’s likely this is more to do with withdrawal than the drug itself. 

Please take care of yourself as best you can. I know you have had various stressors in your personal life and sometimes use recreational drugs/alcohol (no judgement for this), but please try to be kind to yourself and find activities/people that lift you up and help you feel better. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added @ cnick

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

10 hours ago, eymen23 said:

@ Cnick91

Aprecio su conocimiento en formas para mejorar naturalmente el estado de ánimo y calmar el sistema nervioso. Muchos miembros aquí (y de hecho moderadores) se han beneficiado de algunos de los consejos que has compartido. Siento que es para cada uno de nosotros experimentar con varios métodos de auto calma y encontrar nuestra forma individualizada de mejorar el bienestar. 

En lo que respecta a su línea sobre la inflamación del cerebro, encontramos que es mejor no hacer afirmaciones generalizadas como "su cerebro está lidiando con mucha inflamación". No solo puede ser alarmante para los miembros como Alanmane que actualmente tienen síntomas difíciles, sino que, sin pruebas específicas, tampoco es necesariamente una afirmación precisa.

La inflamación cerebral se ha relacionado con los síntomas de depresión y ansiedad, en estudios específicos que utilizan escáneres PET, pero todavía hay muchas incógnitas en el mundo de los síntomas emocionales y la abstinencia psiquiátrica de drogas, por lo que preferimos no especular sobre la causa de los síntomas y las ondas. y mantener las cosas lo más simples posible a ese respecto.

A menudo usamos términos como 'sistema nervioso sensible' o 'sistema nervioso desestabilizado', según la conversación de Alto con personas muy conocedoras en el campo de la retirada de drogas, esto describe mejor lo que sucede durante la retirada y, por lo tanto, tendemos a mantenernos en esas condiciones. 

@Alanmane  , lamento saber que has golpeado en un momento difícil. Aunque Effexor puede contribuir a algunos de sus síntomas difíciles, parece que valdría la pena mantener su dosis por el momento y darle a su cuerpo cierta estabilidad con respecto a su consumo de drogas. Si se siente mal en algún momento y actualmente se encuentra en su dosis más baja de Effexor, es probable que esto tenga más que ver con la abstinencia que con el medicamento en sí. 

Por favor cuídate lo mejor que puedas. Sé que ha tenido varios factores estresantes en su vida personal y algunas veces usa drogas recreativas / alcohol (no lo juzgo), pero trate de ser amable con usted mismo y encuentre actividades / personas que lo ayuden a sentirse mejor. 

Thanks eyemen, I think I'm just going through a bad wave and I'm suffering from months of stress and obsession with reduction. Now my goal is to wait for time to improve, I clearly feel bad because of having less effexor in my system, I want to believe that this depression will disappear soon and it is not my natural condition. It terrifies me to think that my authentic being is emerging when I remove the mask of the drug ... I do not understand how WD of effexor can strike a month after reducing, surely it is the accumulation of all the reductions. On the other hand I do not intend to use alchol feeling like I feel, I hope to be able to work without problems this week and if I saw that it is too much for me I can always stop working .... Regards.

17 hours ago, eymen23 said:

@Cnick91

I appreciate your knowledge in ways to naturally boost mood and calm the nervous system. Many members here (and indeed moderators) have benefitted from some of the tips you’ve shared. I feel it is for each of us to experiment with various methods of self-soothing and find our individualised way to improved well being. 

In regards to your line about brain inflammation, we find it is best not to make generalised statements such as ‘your brain is dealing with lots of inflammation’. Not only can it be alarming to members like Alanmane who are currently going through difficult symptoms, but without specific testing it is not necessarily an accurate statement either.

Brain inflammation has been linked to symptoms of depression and anxiety, in specific studies using PET scans, but there are still so many unknowns in the world of emotional symptoms and psychiatric drug withdrawal, so we prefer not to speculate on the cause of symptoms and waves and keep things as simple as possible in that respect.

We often use terms such as ‘sensitive nervous system’ or ‘destabilised nervous system’, as based on Alto’s conversation with very knowledgeable individuals in the field of drug withdrawal, this best describes what happens during withdrawal, and hence we tend to stick with those terms. 

@Alanmane I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit a rough patch. Although the Effexor may well contribute to some of your difficult symptoms, it sounds like it might be worthwhile holding your dose for the time being and giving your body some stability in regards to your drug intake. If you are feeling the worst you have in some time, and you’re currently at your lowest dose of Effexor, it’s likely this is more to do with withdrawal than the drug itself. 

Please take care of yourself as best you can. I know you have had various stressors in your personal life and sometimes use recreational drugs/alcohol (no judgement for this), but please try to be kind to yourself and find activities/people that lift you up and help you feel better. 

You are correct I should be more careful with my word choice. I understand how words can be triggering, I went through it. I just like to remind Alanmane that he can get better and will provided the right conditions. Questioning what his natural state is v.s. what is drug withdrawal is normal coming off these drugs, I totally understand. And truthfully no one can give him a definitive answer to what his natural state is, but I think it’s safe to say that because he still has Effexor in his system, it’s not his “natural” state. I can guarantee one thing though, this so called “natural state” can be changed at will provided the right conditions. 

Take it easy Alanmane, you will get better. 

On 11/6/2019 at 19:50, Cnick91 said:

Tienes razón, debería tener más cuidado con mi elección de palabras. Entiendo cómo las palabras pueden ser desencadenantes, lo atravesé. Solo me gustaría recordarle a Alanmane que puede mejorar y que brindará las condiciones adecuadas. Cuestionando cuál es su estado natural versus qué es el retiro de drogas es normal que salga de estas drogas, lo entiendo totalmente. Y, sinceramente, nadie puede darle una respuesta definitiva a su estado natural, pero creo que es seguro decirlo porque todavía tiene Effexor en su sistema, no es su estado "natural". Sin embargo, puedo garantizar una cosa, este llamado "estado natural" se puede cambiar a voluntad siempre y cuando se den las condiciones adecuadas. 

Tómalo con calma, Alanmane, te mejorarás. 

Thanks for your words, i hope yes... I'm exhausted

I feel bad, I do not feel control over my mind, it does not work fluently and I feel awkward and very agitated all the time, it literally costs me to think and use my damn head, there is no energy and I still work 8 hours 5 days a week In a very hard job as is a geriatric.

This is the most difficult moment of all my tapper, I am confused and terrified to observe how I am. I can not say it's sad, it's just feeling disconnected from everything and not finding pleasure in anything, days ago I had libido, some pleasure for some tasks, some self-esteem and self-confidence, now no longer, a month after I went down very slowly to 37.5mg of effexor. It is a cruel and absurd joke and there is no clear answer at all.

I know there are no tips, just wait or restore a pearl but I will not raise my dose, it is a risk I can not take. Just wait for my mind to work better soon and I can not know how long it will take. I can not imagine worse anguish than not knowing when your mind will work, if it ever does.

• Administrator

Alan, treat yourself gently, have patience. Your nervous system needs to settle from your venlafaxine reduction. It will settle, you have seen it settle before.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

As if my life was not stressful enough, on Saturday I described that someone copied my debit card details and made a payment of 600 euros to a loan company.

The afternoon of that day I went to give a massage to a private apartment with a person I did not know and massages for a good price, I trusted and when I went to shower I left my wallet alone. Since this has happened my life is anxiety, fear, misfortune ..

. I still do not know if I will recover my money, I have not done that operation and I do not understand how using only the numbers on the card can do something like that. I only hope to recover what is mine. My stress is destructive, I have fasciculations many times during the day, today I tried to take a nap and when I fall into sleep I wake up with a panic attack, as if I had been scared.

This is something that has happened to me more times and my mother also happens frequently. I left the work in the residence and I am looking for a better one, today I have done an interview and it has gone very well despite being destroyed by nerves.

I do not want to be a martyr, life is horrible, but sometimes the difference is made by fighting and improving.

12 hours ago, Alanmane said:

As if my life was not stressful enough, on Saturday I described that someone copied my debit card details and made a payment of 600 euros to a loan company.

The afternoon of that day I went to give a massage to a private apartment with a person I did not know and massages for a good price, I trusted and when I went to shower I left my wallet alone. Since this has happened my life is anxiety, fear, misfortune ..

. I still do not know if I will recover my money, I have not done that operation and I do not understand how using only the numbers on the card can do something like that. I only hope to recover what is mine. My stress is destructive, I have fasciculations many times during the day, today I tried to take a nap and when I fall into sleep I wake up with a panic attack, as if I had been scared.

This is something that has happened to me more times and my mother also happens frequently. I left the work in the residence and I am looking for a better one, today I have done an interview and it has gone very well despite being destroyed by nerves.

I do not want to be a martyr, life is horrible, but sometimes the difference is made by fighting and improving.

Sorry to hear this Alanmare .all you can do is go to the bank and state your case,if you are as sure as you say then report it to the police and report it,fingerprints off the card if you have it.

If something is to good to be true ,it usually is .

If you use a card in a shop you need a pin number but online all you need is all the details on the card.

Get a foam roller and do it at home ,I got one because I was spending €50 a go on massages , I cant afford it.

We can be so vulnerable in withdrawal

.,please take care mate .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

On 19/6/2019 at 11:16, powerback said:

Lamento oír esto, Alanmare. Todo lo que puede hacer es ir al banco e indicar su caso. Si está tan seguro como lo dice, informe a la policía e informe las huellas dactilares de la tarjeta, si las tiene.

Si algo es bueno para ser verdad, generalmente lo es.

Si usa una tarjeta en una tienda, necesita un número PIN, pero en línea todo lo que necesita son todos los detalles de la tarjeta.

Consiga un rodillo de espuma y hágalo en casa, recibí uno porque estaba gastando 50 € por día en masajes, no puedo pagarlo.

Podemos ser tan vulnerables en la retirada.

., por favor ten cuidado compañero.

Hello PB, luckily I got the money back sooner than I thought, I do not know what has really happened but the important thing is that I have the money. Yes, I do not feel like carrying cards on top. I hope you're better these days and thanks.

I have had diarrhea for almost two weeks every day and I know it is because of my nervous system, I am losing weight and my anxiety state seems constant, I can act with effort but my body fights against an incredibly strong internal tension, the mind continues foggy , I feel dizzy and without strength or motivation, there are hardly any pleasant sensations and I am moved by fear and insecurity. Believe me that I'm trying hard, I've passed a work test for a position that I really love and it's good work, I get positive things despite this, still damn 37.5 mark.

• Moderator Emeritus

It might be the stress from looking for work etc that is increasing your symptoms at this time.

Sí chessie, me doy cuenta de que en este momento el estrés me afecta mucho más que en dosis más altas, es un estrés que bloquea mi mente y tensa mi cuerpo, me hace sentir estúpido y mentalmente lento, ya he resuelto problemas de trabajo al encontrar un mucho mejor trabajo que el que tenía, me sorprende que a pesar de encontrarme mal, me contraten para un buen trabajo. Este es el momento en el que mantengo una dosis por más tiempo y creo que esperaré mucho más, mi sistema está muy cansado del estrés y la preocupación, vivir con miedo siempre y no sentirme a mí mismo. No quiero caer en el error de culpar a WD por todo, sé que mi personalidad ha sido peor creada desde que tomo AD y es mi responsabilidad actuar de manera directa, pero me resulta difícil usar la mente para Cosas complejas, hay menos energía física, emocional, cognitiva ...

Google translation:

Yes chessie, I realize that at this moment stress affects me much more than in higher doses, it is a stress that blocks my mind and tense my body, makes me feel stupid and mentally slow, I have already solved work problems at Finding a much better job than I had, I am surprised that despite finding me wrong, they hire me for a good job. This is the moment in which I keep a dose for longer and I think I will wait much longer, my system is very tired of stress and worry, to live with fear always and not to feel myself. I do not want to make the mistake of blaming WD for everything, I know that my personality has been worse created since I take AD and it is my responsibility to act directly, but I find it difficult to use the mind for complex things, there is less physical energy, emotional, cognitive ...

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

Two weeks in a row that every time I go to the bathroom I do diarrhea, attributed this to the state of nervous agitation, that is, to WD. It's ridiculous. The truth is that I do not diet or stop drinking coffee because I know it will change from one day to the next but it overwhelms me that it could affect the WD in this way. I know I should eat better and leave my coffee until it gets better .. I know. Only the apathy and lack of interest in my life leads me to not give importance. This is the longest cut that effexor I'm enduring and I have no desire to reduce again. It's scary

Update: I have been at 37.5mg for almost two months and without horrible it is not very good, I have some unpleasant symptoms a few hours after taking the dose, it is proven that the hours before taking the test The drug I get a stir and a bad moment hard to describe, I feel numb emotionally and cognitively turned off, as if you were in a dream. My internal dialogue is almost everything and I have the feeling of not thinking about anything, having a blank mind, this is what causes me the most anguish because I feel empty. I also do not feel great pleasure for anything although in situations my condition improves and it is more pleasant. I do not know what to do from now on, I do not know what to do. and I do not have to know, not even, nor can I, not even, before or anything. It gives me great respect to re-cut my dose and count pearls, it is so comfortable to take the capsule of 37.5 mg ... I will have to create capsules with fewer pearls in brief and I will continue telling you I do not want despite the dose, in my case with the Pearls I do not find it useful. Sometimes I think that I feel bad for effexor and that if I do not take the best possible way, that is to say, that they redouble me the dose I do well, the moment I feel that even it is 37.5 mg. .

Hace 5 días comencé un micro tapper de 37.5 mg, ahora tomo 130 perlas todos los días y estoy de muy mal humor, no hay nada que quiera, me molestan las cosas pequeñas, me siento nervioso y fatigado Me resulta difícil incluso hablar con fluidez.

Mi estado de ánimo es una mezcla de ira y depresión, nada de esto me sorprende, pero me frustra no poder controlarlo. Estando con mi pareja tengo pensamientos que no tenía hace unos días, como si no sintiera afecto o amor. que no me gusta lo suficiente, que puede ser una carga para mí ... Siento todo esto por WD, por una ola, sé que no es real en el fondo, aunque se siente muy real, es una maldita locura . Además mi estómago está enfermo ya que llegué a 37.5mg, casi todos los días he tenido diarrea y malestar estomacal, ahora parece que está mejorando lentamente.

También tengo algunas contusiones en todo el cuerpo que nadie sabe porque están ahí, no he golpeado nada, son amarillas. Una vez leí algo sobre tener moretones cuando tomo effexor, pero nunca me ha pasado o si se debe a una reducción. En resumen, necesito calmar mi sistema y cuidarme, y eso me cuesta mucho, no tengo la motivación de hacer algo para mejorar porque casi no hay estímulo de recompensa. Dolor emocional y aspiración del alma. Mañana empiezo un nuevo trabajo y trabajaré 7 días seguidos, espero que el universo me dé la energía, haré lo que pueda.

En resumen, necesito calmar mi sistema y cuidarme, y eso me cuesta mucho, no tengo la motivación de hacer algo para mejorar porque casi no hay estímulo de recompensa. Dolor emocional y aspiración del alma. Mañana empiezo un nuevo trabajo y trabajaré 7 días seguidos, espero que el universo me dé la energía, haré lo que pueda. En resumen, necesito calmar mi sistema y cuidarme, y eso me cuesta mucho, no tengo la motivación de hacer algo para mejorar porque casi no hay estímulo de recompensa. Dolor emocional y aspiración del alma. Mañana empiezo un nuevo trabajo y trabajaré 7 días seguidos, espero que el universo me dé la energía, haré lo que pueda.

Google translation:

Five days ago I started a micro tapper of 37.5 mg, now I take 130 pearls every day and I am in a very bad mood, there is nothing that I want, I am bothered by small things, I feel nervous and fatigued It is difficult for me to even speak fluently.

My mood is a mixture of anger and depression, none of this surprises me, but it frustrates me not being able to control it. Being with my partner I have thoughts that I did not have a few days ago, as if I did not feel affection or love. I do not like it enough, it can be a burden for me ... I feel all this for WD, for a wave, I know it's not real deep down, although it feels very real, it's a damn madness. Also my stomach is sick since I reached 37.5mg, almost every day I have had diarrhea and upset stomach, now it seems that it is slowly improving.

I also have some bruises all over my body that nobody knows because they are there, I have not hit anything, they are yellow. I once read something about bruising when I take effexor, but it has never happened to me or if it is due to a reduction. In short, I need to calm my system and take care of myself, and that costs me a lot, I do not have the motivation to do something to improve because there is almost no reward stimulus. Emotional pain and aspiration of the soul. Tomorrow I start a new job and I will work 7 days in a row, I hope the universe gives me the energy, I will do what I can.

In short, I need to calm my system and take care of myself, and that costs me a lot, I do not have the motivation to do something to improve because there is almost no reward stimulus. Emotional pain and aspiration of the soul. Tomorrow I start a new job and I will work 7 days in a row, I hope the universe gives me the energy, I will do what I can. In short, I need to calm my system and take care of myself, and that costs me a lot, I do not have the motivation to do something to improve because there is almost no reward stimulus. Emotional pain and aspiration of the soul. Tomorrow I start a new job and I will work 7 days in a row, I hope the universe gives me the energy, I will do what I can.

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

Hello Alan,

I’m sorry to hear of your struggles at this time with the Effexor. Things will get better. I know it’s a long process, but the hope is that the slow taper will prevent the long extreme withdrawal effects that people like myself suffered coming off them to fast. Stay strong and good luck at your new job.

16 hours ago, Cnick91 said:

Hola alan

Lamento escuchar sus luchas en este momento con el Effexor. Las cosas se pondrán mejor. Sé que es un proceso largo, pero la esperanza es que la reducción lenta evitará los efectos de abstinencia extremos que las personas como yo sufrieron al salir rápido. Mantente fuerte y buena suerte en tu nuevo trabajo.

Hi friend. Thanks for your encouragement, it is still difficult although yesterday I felt better than previous days, I hope today is better than yesterday. Worst of all, even more than emotionally, is having cognitive faculties affected, being clueless and without memory, without thoughts at the time of execution ... It's like living on autopilot. I think part of WD also influences my personality, at times like this I tend to see myself as useless and worthless, I find it hard to accept that my mind is slow but I can only keep going despite the difficulties. I hope that it is going well for you. A hug.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: a month ago I reduced to 37.5mg - 10 pearls, a sum of 130 pearls in total. It was a small fall that caused me to be ill for two weeks and now I only suffer the weight of being at least MG of the drug. My main problem is the one I have been having for months: the brain fog, the blank mind, being spaced and little present despite being working with people with cerebral palsy and with a team of professionals with what I have to organize myself, plan, have ideas ... It's being hard because I see people in a state where I do not arrive and I feel like an idiot. It is that my mind is not clear or thoughts flow, this is accompanied by a feeling of insecurity and depression. I do not know if my mood causes that symptom or it is simply an effect of being at lower doses and having a less stimulated mind than when I was taking effexor at higher doses (in higher doses I thought faster and could cognitively be more agile). It is difficult not to know when this will change or if it will improve, it is not about being positive or having a fighting attitude, if my mind is blocked it can only keep fighting and doing what I can even carrying the frustration of forgetting things, passing for important details ... If I knew how to increase concentration, I would do it. Maybe my years smoking marijuana have affected although I doubt that is the case, I know many people who smoke every day and yet their mind is fast and energetic. My dream is good and my appetite stable, the libido is correct and my orgasm has returned. You will see how all this progresses.

• 4 weeks later...

I am 100 pearls from a 37.5mg capsule. The pattern is always, when I make a fall I feel it more or less a week or two weeks, then I stabilize and improve. I still suffer from moments of confusion, foggy mind, obsessive thoughts that I am damaged by drugs or depression (it is my dilemma: not knowing if my shortcomings are due to withdrawal and are the cause of my anxious state - depressive, although I am not even from a distance in depression or generalized anxiety), without questions that I cannot answer and that's fine, even so my controlling mind seeks to keep the situation under control. I think that it is being easier for me now at such a low dose than when I was at higher doses, maybe this is rare but it is so. I think it will not take long to reach 0 since I tolerate the reductions and I am gaining my lost identity by effexor, it is overwhelming to be aware of how you are without drugs. We are still struggling.

• 2 weeks later...

Por mucho que intente trabajar para controlar mi condición, es muy difícil ya que mi mente está luchando las 24 horas, los 7 días de la semana, con síntomas debilitantes que aumentan con el estrés de un trabajo nuevo y difícil (cuidar a personas con parálisis cerebral).

En estos días me siento ridículo porque apenas siento placer o recompensa al ejecutar una tarea, incluso tengo problemas para hablar con claridad, organizar tareas en mi mente, comprender conceptos ... No escribo esto para lastimarme o quejarme, la realidad es que esto Es una batalla enorme, no la estoy perdiendo pero estoy debilitada.

Encuentro 100 perlas effexor, aproximadamente 20 mg. Sé cómo proceder, iré lento y seguiré el ritmo de mi cuerpo.

Es extraño vivir en esta situación, me siento muy lejos de las personas con una salud mental saludable y por alguna razón me siento avergonzado, muy avergonzado de estar en este estado, soy consciente de mi autoestima dañada y mi autopercepción sesgada . No soy un idiota o un tonto, enfermo lento como me percibo. Espero que esta ola pase pronto, quiero resurgir.

Google translation:

As much as I try to work to control my condition, it is very difficult since my mind is struggling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with debilitating symptoms that increase with the stress of a new and difficult job (caring for people with paralysis cerebral).

These days I feel ridiculous because I barely feel pleasure or reward when executing a task, I even have trouble speaking clearly, organizing tasks in my mind, understanding concepts ... I don't write this to hurt myself or complain, the reality is that this is a huge battle, I am not losing it but I am weakened.

I find 100 effexor pearls, approximately 20 mg. I know how to proceed, I will go slow and follow the rhythm of my body.

It is strange to live in this situation, I feel very far from people with healthy mental health and for some reason I feel ashamed, very ashamed of being in this state, I am aware of my damaged self-esteem and my skewed self-perception. I'm not an idiot or a fool, sick slow as I perceive myself. I hope this wave passes soon, I want to resurface.

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

I have doubts if what I feel may be neuroemotions or something else.

For a month and especially in my new job I have almost all the time the excitement of not being valid, that the people I am meeting at work see me as strange for being quieter, it is as if my mind was certain that people see me as an idiot, a bitter person ... It's strange because this is recent and has no logic but I feel it and I don't know how to change it.

I strive to socialize and be more friendly although lately the anehedonia and brain fog are strong. People perceive your low mood and apathy, knowing this distresses me. In short, is this emotion of helplessness and mental blockage common in WD? I feel little present and living in a dark place full of fear. The good thing about it is that even being difficult I can move on.

Even if I'm surprised how I can be working full time I can do it.

• 2 weeks later...

It is horrible not being able to hide the agony of being through retirement, I do not have the ability to appear cheerful and mentally stable and I worry about how people are doing in my work. I try to be nice but it seems that I am not and it shows. I can't be myself but I can't do theater all the time either. Right now I feel horrible for giving an image to the world I hate, because I really am not like now. I feel my mind collapsed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends.

I just read my first publication in S. A, almost a year ago.

In this time I have been reducing at my pace, maybe somewhat faster than I should, I started going to 75mg a year ago and now I am at about 17mg approx. I might have had to slow down but now I am where I am, fighting and enduring the fatigue of this hard road. I admire people who during the misery of WD have no shame and accept themselves as they are.

It is impossible for me to be comfortable in my skin, I hardly feel pleasure for anything, my mind is not present and I notice it as off and on autopilot, cortisol floods my system at all hours, sometimes I can not even articulate Words correctly, I feel silly and without mental agility (now I know that my intellectual performance is linked to my anxiety and tortured emotional state). Would someone be kind enough to explain to me how they gain security while living their lives with depleted abilities? When they do anything and are aware that it is clumsy and badly done ?.

I can only continue to believe that it is possible to leave Effexor and end up coming out of depression, that I have this unique opportunity and I will achieve it, it only feels impossible when you do not feel pleasure for anything.

Every person who survives psychiatrist drugs is a warrior.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:34 PM, Alanmane said:

I have doubts if what I feel may be neuroemotions or something else.

For a month and especially in my new job I have almost all the time the excitement of not being valid, that the people I am meeting at work see me as strange for being quieter, it is as if my mind was certain that people see me as an idiot, a bitter person ... It's strange because this is recent and has no logic but I feel it and I don't know how to change it.

I strive to socialize and be more friendly although lately the anehedonia and brain fog are strong. People perceive your low mood and apathy, knowing this distresses me. In short, is this emotion of helplessness and mental blockage common in WD? I feel little present and living in a dark place full of fear. The good thing about it is that even being difficult I can move on.

Even if I'm surprised how I can be working full time I can do it.

Hello

I understand what you say about your thoughts, that others see you as strange for being quieter. I have similar thoughts because I am not as loud as others sometimes, but I tell myself I don’t want to be loud like them. Sometimes I want to be quiet.  This is how I am. Some people like me. I am sure there are many people who like you. And yes I am in no doubt that people notice my low mood at times, as you think. But It is ok. Accept that this is how you are right now. I understand, try not to worry about it. 

Prescribed Venlafaxine 150mg ..........

19 Feb 2019 stopped Venlafaxine 150mg cold turkey. 06 March 2019 restarted Ven 125mg. 04 April 2019 9 mini pills. 02 May 2019 8 mini pills. 01July 2019 7 mini pills. 18 Aug 2019 6 mini pills. 24 Sept 2019 5.50 mini pills. 11 October 2019 5 mini pills. 5th May 2020 Reinstated Ven 125 mg XR 9 pills.

9th Nov 2020 Update Started splitting dose to twice per day

02/02/2021 can’t stabilise without symptoms. 
03/02/21 9 mini pills @ 10am 

Updated.... July 2021 108mg, Sept 2021 107mg, 

tapering steps to be updated

current dose 14 July 2023 80mg

23.07.23 75mg half way !