Alanmane: try hard

Alanmane

• Mentor
On 4/3/2020 at 6:40 AM, Alanmane said:

sorry for taking the time to answer you, I have been working for seven days and couldn't wait to answer.

I appreciate your support, it is very valuable to encourage someone you do not know, going through these situations unites people a lot :).

I hope to be able to gather strength during these days to improve my state, I feel exhausted and I am not sure if it is all because of WD or that what effexor was hiding is coming to light, I am afraid of feeling bad, literally my mood is low and My mind runs slow from exhaustion, I have no choice but to fight to make my life better without the stimulating effects of these drugs (and for years I have not), I find it hard to believe that this can be fixed.

I hope you are well, a hug.

For me I know I needed to change my nutrition. I have tried to come off it before and could not. Nutrition changes are the main reason I was able to come off of it. 

Keep grinding you will get there! 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed  :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

On 6/4/2020 at 5:42, Cocopuffz17 said:

Para mí sé que necesitaba cambiar mi nutrición. He tratado de salir antes y no pude. Los cambios nutricionales son la razón principal por la que pude dejar de hacerlo. 

¡Sigue moliendo, llegarás allí! 

Cada día que pasa está un día más cerca de ser curado  :) 

We should try it, but not as bad, as quite balanced and lately less quantity because I am at such a low dose I feel depressive symptoms that terrify me and I can hardly manage, I feel little hunger, I sleep all the time (I sleep a lot but during the day I am tired ), I have the feeling of being idiotic and vulnerable, sometimes with the nerves or the article well the words and worst of all my mind feels dull, it literally costs me to think quickly and have ideas, this makes me feel too bad and I hard to accept.

Right now I can believe that this is an effective effect of reducing the drug but I also think that a real depression is emerging.

At the moment I can work but I am having a hard time and sometimes I think about stopping for a while, I know that he is positive and has an attitude but I don't feel pleasure for anything lately, everything is very dark and confusing...

I hope will be better son. Thanks for all.

Mayo 2018: Venlafaxina 150 mg y toma 64mg Diciembre 2018: Venlafaxina xr 56mg 

Diciembre de 2018: Venlafaxina xr 58mg Enero de 2019: Venlafaxina xr 56mg

Febrero 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 40 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 7 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5mg

Octubre 2019: venlafaxina xr 18mg aprox.

Enero 2020: 50 perlas Febrero 2020: 40 perlasMarzo 2020: 30 perlas 

Abril 2020: 35 perlas (en crisis)

Agosto 2020: 25 perlas, 23 perlas Noviembre: 03/11/2020 26 perlas 05/11/2030 22 perlas, 22/11/2020 24 perlas.Diciembre: 40 perlas (5 días) , vuelvo a 30 perlas.

• Mentor

That is what I thought as well. I would have depression and anxiety come back when I came off the meds. It reassured me that I needed these drugs for life, that the prescribing doc was right. He never mentioned anything about these drugs causing these issues or withdrawals being part of. Guess what.....I no longer have those feelings and am just shy of 14 months drug free. Explain that? A majority of your serotonin in your body is created by the bacteria in your gut. So I changed my nutrition and have been able to come off of this drug for once and all! You can get through this. I truly believe that medication is just a bandaid and the standard diet that is highly processed that we consume is at the root cause of alot of medical conditions we have in society today. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

A few weeks ago I went to 30 pearls of effexor, before it was 40.

Since then I have been falling into a horrible state, the coronavirus situation may affect, that neither work is stressful at times and that I do not have a healthy routine but this worsening has to be above all because of the reduction.

I am going to reset a few pearls, five, so I will see if I improve and all this is the effect of reducing that ridiculous amount. I have been doing liquid stools for many days, without energy or motivation, feeling sick, without appetite, with the feeling of wanting to cry, feeling fear all the time, my confidence is very low and I feel that people realize it and this makes me even worse .

My mind works slow and buggy to process information, remember, have ideas ... a disaster. I hope reinstalling the dose a little helps, I can't live like this for more weeks.

Febrero 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 40 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5 mg + 7 perlas Mayo 2019: Venlafaxina xr 37,5mg

Agosto 2020: 25 perlas, 23 perlas Noviembre: 03/11/2020 26 perlas 05/11/2030 22 perlas, 22/11/2020 24 perlas.Diciembre: 40 perlas (5 días) , vuelvo a 30 perlas.

• 3 weeks later...

I will try to explain what I feel at this point, although it is difficult to write something so personal and abstract.

I have been taking 35 pearls from a 37.5mg capsule of Effexor for more than a month (160 pearls in total), I do not think I have been quick to reduce since I have been doing it for more than two years.

At this point I feel that a depression is paralyzing me, I have no motivation, I have no mental energy, cognitively I am a disaster because I do not have a good memory, I find it difficult to develop thoughts, ideas, imagine things ... I hardly speak at work because I feel that I have nothing in my head, everything is blank and this feeling of being miserable and unworthy of appreciation (although it is unreal).

I also have no appetite, I could sleep 12 hours a day perfectly. On the positive side I can have sex, which in effexor I could not, I do not feel drugged although it is difficult to live as now, I feel emotions although mostly negatively and from the defensive, I always feel attacked although there is no threat. It is terrible. Going back to effexor is not an option, increasing doses either, isolating myself from the world until this improves either, I can only continue fighting although I am hurting myself, I do not feel like working or being with my coworkers, I do not have the spirit to hardly anything.

At this point what can I do? I don't think I'm in control of my mind or feel myself.

• Mentor

@Alanmane

I am so sorry to hear how much pain you are in. I totally understand, been there too.

Are you able to read, or listen to audiobooks? I am listening to audiobook, on how to stay in the present moment and practicing mindfulness. Our thinking is powerful, and since we have been on these “meds” we might not have been doing a lot on reprogramming our mind to get to were we want to be. We need to find coping skills to function with out being numb by drugs. 
Don’t be too hard on yourself, this process takes a lot of time and patience, and even though we feel like we are stuck in symptoms due to withdrawals, I strongly believe our mind and body is doing everything it can to heal us. 
Be proud of how far you have come. It will get better, I have no doubt.

Stay strong, you will make it

My best regards to you🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

12 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

@Alanmane

Lamento mucho saber cuánto dolor tienes. Entiendo totalmente, he estado allí también.

¿Eres capaz de leer o escuchar audiolibros? Estoy escuchando audiolibros, sobre cómo permanecer en el momento presente y practicando la atención plena. Nuestro pensamiento es poderoso, y dado que hemos estado tomando estas “medicinas”, es posible que no hayamos hecho mucho en reprogramar nuestra mente para llegar a donde queremos estar. Necesitamos encontrar habilidades de afrontamiento para funcionar sin estar adormecidos por las drogas. 
No seas demasiado duro contigo mismo, este proceso requiere mucho tiempo y paciencia, y aunque sentimos que estamos atrapados en los síntomas debido a los retiros, creo firmemente que nuestra mente y nuestro cuerpo están haciendo todo lo posible para sanarnos. 
Siéntete orgulloso de lo lejos que has llegado. Mejorará, no tengo dudas.

Mantente fuerte, lo lograrás

Mis mejores deseos para ti 🙏

Hello! Thank you very much for your words of encouragement, really.

I am able to read and do a lot of things even though I work several days in a row and I don't have much time for myself, I still try to distract myself and do things even though I don't really want to do anything. I hope to stabilize myself soon from this terrible wave, it is the first time in all the time that I have been decreasing that I am really scared and it is because of the anxiety and anguish of feeling that I am getting worse, it is possible that the fact of being in the situation of Confinement and being able to go out only to work is affecting me.

I think that what I am experiencing is something natural but that having been medicated for so long I am not used to dealing, anxiety, insecurity, fear ... it is something natural although painful. I'm going to keep fighting hard for all this.

Thanks for your support.

I need advice with what is happening to me.

These last days my mental state is being unbearable and I see that I am incapable of working correctly, for this reason today I have asked for work leave to rest for a few days. My mood is low and perceived by my coworkers, feeling that they see me like this increases my anxiety and yesterday I realized that I couldn't go to work today.

I have gone to the emergency department to explain that my digestive system has not been working well for weeks because I practically have diarrhea every day and apart from that anxiety takes over everything. Right now the suffering is so high that I cannot focus on professional tasks and I cannot afford to do it wrong since I work with people with cerebral palsy. Everything has gotten worse since I reduced to 28 pearls and I could not bear it, I went up to 35 pearls a month ago and my existence is still miserable, when I took 45 I felt much better and I do not know if I could raise my dose a little more although I have been in it for a month.

If I don't improve soon I will have to stop working and everything will get worse. I have been prescribed alprazolam and I am going to use it on time because I need to calm down in any way. Now I understand that I thought I was going slowly but perhaps it has not been enough, or simply I can not support my life in such a low dose, this I feel is depression either caused by retirement or because I am like this and I need the drug to be functional.

I literally cannot think clearly, I do not feel present, I forget things that I cannot forget, my mood is so low that I am unable to not affect the people around me. I feel that these two years of reduction have served to realize that I cannot function without the drug and may have to take it longer. Is it worth spending months without being able to function just to hope that in several months maybe it will improve? Now I am out of combat, my mind is dead.

Hello, maybe you have been reducing too fast? Have you been doing ten per cent drops every six weeks or so?......can't quite understand your drug signature, but if you've been doing bigger drops than 10 per cent it may be WD is catching up with you, plus you also reinstated a few beads in April? This could be the reason for your feeling bad, in fact, I'd say it was much more likely than an 'underlying depression.' 

I'm on the same drug, so am interested in your progress...I'm still trying to stabilise after 8.5 months. Have had some family stress which has caused waves, plus been binging on sugar. Sugar and alcohol are total no-nos for stabilisation, unfortunately.

If you reduce slowly enough, with a tiny taper at a time, that will help you to stay functional. 

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

9 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Hola, ¿quizás has estado reduciendo demasiado rápido? ¿Has estado haciendo gotas del diez por ciento cada seis semanas más o menos? ...... no entiendo bien la firma de tu medicamento, pero si has estado haciendo gotas más grandes del 10 por ciento, es posible que WD se esté poniendo al día usted, además de que también restableció algunas cuentas en abril? Esta podría ser la razón por la que te sientes mal, de hecho, diría que era mucho más probable que una "depresión subyacente". 

Estoy tomando la misma droga, así que estoy interesado en su progreso ... Todavía estoy tratando de estabilizarme después de 8.5 meses. He tenido un poco de estrés familiar que ha causado olas, además de haber estado consumiendo azúcar. Desafortunadamente, el azúcar y el alcohol son no-total para estabilización.

Si reduce lo suficientemente lento, con una pequeña disminución a la vez, eso lo ayudará a mantenerse funcional. 

Hello, reviewing my latest movements I see that although I believed that it would not be something serious to reduce 50 pearls in January, February 40, March 30, April go up to 35 ... it has been and I am paying it.

My symptoms a few days ago are: Upset stomach, I almost always have liquid stools, restlessness, fatigue, depressed mood, lack of motivation, feeling that people are withdrawing due to your mood, having a blank mind with difficulty controlling information, retain, memorize .... little appetite and something else.

The last few weeks have gotten worse and today I decided to stop working for a few days, it is complicated because whoever is explicit will hardly understand it and talk that I am withdrawing an antidepressant sounds somewhat taboo and strange, but I think that we must give visibility and not be ashamed of it.

Make the mistake of going faster than I need to and now I have to take responsibility, I hope I can stabilize it soon and be functional again.

I am going to read your thread to know more about your story, I am definitely going to spend a season without alcohol and should try to eliminate sugar. a greeting

• Mentor

@Alanmane, I am so sorry you’re going through this misery right now. I wanted to encourage you and let you know that I went through something similar a year ago. I had been on venlafaxine for over 20 years. My dose a year ago was 37.5. My psychiatric np told me it was such a low dose and that I didn’t need to taper. What you are describing...the severe depression, doom and gloom, anxiety, and all the physical symptoms...are very similar to what I went through. It’s a sign that you tapered too quickly and that your central nervous system is very upset. I too thought my symptoms were a sign that I needed to be on antidepressants for life. That is not so. 

After switching meds repeatedly, I finally went back on Effexor in February, 2020, six months after my CT. You can see my dosage history in my signature. I updosed a couple of times by just a few beads. When we are down to such a low dose, every single bead makes a HUGE difference. I am currently taking 23 beads total (a bit over 9mg). After my updose, things got a lot better. Some symptoms got better right away. A couple of symptoms got a little bit worse for about a week then got better. Personally, I am very glad I updosed rather than suffering through the worst of the symptoms. 

To me, it sounds like your symptoms are very intense due to a too rapid taper. If I were you I’d reach out to a moderator to get their input on whether or not taking another bead or two would help, or if you just need to let things stabilize for a long while. I plan to stay where I am at for several more months. Things aren’t perfect but they are so much better than when I was where you are at now. It DOES get better.  Hang in there.

My niece’s daughter has cerebral palsy. People like you mean the world to her and to us. I want to say “thank you” for all of those you have loved and helped. Keep fighting!! It will get better!

By the way, my sister lives in Spain, near Barcelona!

1988-1996  Various AD’s, all classifications.  1996-2019  Effexor XR 37.5mg to 150mg. Jan 2017 onward, 37.5 mg.

2019  Apr 11 - July 24: Trials of Latuda then Rexulti. CT'd off per dr.  Jul 24: CT Effexor (per dr)  Sep 9-19: Viibryd, CT (per dr).  Sep 23-27: Trintellix. CT (per dr).  Sep 28 - Oct 24:  Prozac 10mg.  Oct 24:  Stop Prozac, began Pristiq 25mg->50->25mg.

2020  Feb 1: CT Pristiq. Feb 1: Reinstated Effexor XR (10 large beads) gradually increasing to 22 beads (15L+7M) or 9.072mgai on Mar, 2020.

2021  Started Jan w 21 beads (13L+8M) or 8.47mgai ended Dec: 17 beads (7L+9M+1S) or 6.19mgai. Severe COVID + TIA.

2022  Ended yr w 14 beads (3L+5M+5S+1XS) or 4.5mgai. Major jaw injury during year + family tragedy.

2023  Jan: 13 beads (2L+5M+5S+1XS) or 4.2mgai; Feb: 12 beads (2L+4M+5S+1XS) or 3.9mgai; Mar: 11 beads (2L+4M+4S+1XS) or 3.6mgai, Apr: 10 beads (2L+3M+4S+1XS) or 3.3mgai; Jun: 9 beads (2L+3M+3S+1XS) or 3mgai,

Current: July, 2023: Effexor XR -  9 beads (2L+3M+3S+1XS) or 2.7 mgai

Other current meds: Ambien 10mg 3.935mg , clonazepam .125mg .107mg, omeprazoleSynthroid, Premarin.  Supplements: D3, C, probiotic, K2-MK7, Mg Glycinate

@Alanmane, I would definitely cut out alcohol. It will really unsettle your nervous system. Also, sugar.....although I also have had real difficulty with this one! Sugar is highly addictive, but for me, it just makes me crash into a wave.

Eat and drink for a calm nervous system :) You'll stabilise again. I hope you can enjoy your time away from work and rest as much as you need.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

7 hours ago, FindRest said:

@Alanmane , lamento que estés pasando por esta miseria en este momento. Quería alentarte y hacerte saber que pasé por algo similar hace un año. Había estado tomando venlafaxina por más de 20 años. Mi dosis hace un año fue de 37.5. Mi PN psiquiátrico me dijo que era una dosis tan baja y que no necesitaba disminuirla. Lo que está describiendo ... la depresión severa, el pesimismo, la ansiedad y todos los síntomas físicos ... son muy similares a lo que pasé. Es una señal de que disminuyó demasiado rápido y que su sistema nervioso central está muy alterado. También pensé que mis síntomas eran una señal de que necesitaba tomar antidepresivos de por vida. Eso no es asi. 

Después de cambiar los medicamentos repetidamente, finalmente volví a tomar Effexor en febrero de 2020, seis meses después de mi TC. Puedes ver mi historial de dosificación en mi firma. Me inyecté un par de veces con solo unas pocas cuentas. Cuando tenemos una dosis tan baja, cada cuenta hace una GRAN diferencia. Actualmente estoy tomando 23 cuentas en total (un poco más de 9 mg). Después de mi dosis, las cosas mejoraron mucho. Algunos síntomas mejoraron de inmediato. Un par de síntomas empeoraron un poco durante aproximadamente una semana y luego mejoraron. Personalmente, estoy muy contento de haber tomado una dosis excesiva en lugar de sufrir el peor de los síntomas. 

Para mí, parece que sus síntomas son muy intensos debido a una disminución demasiado rápida. Si fuera usted, me pondría en contacto con un moderador para obtener su opinión sobre si tomar o no otra cuenta ayudaría, o si solo necesita dejar que las cosas se estabilicen durante un tiempo prolongado. Planeo quedarme donde estoy por varios meses más. Las cosas no son perfectas, pero son mucho mejores que cuando estaba donde estás ahora. Se pone mejor. Cuelga ahí.

La hija de mi sobrina tiene parálisis cerebral. Las personas como tú significan mucho para ella y para nosotros. Quiero decir "gracias" por todos los que has amado y ayudado. ¡¡Seguir luchando!! ¡Se pondrá mejor!

¡Por cierto, mi hermana vive en España, cerca de Barcelona!

Hello! I am sorry that you have also gone through a severe withdrawal, it is very difficult and traumatic at times.

The fact of trusting a doctor and that instead of helping you take you to hell is hard, it creates a lot of anger and frustration ... I believe that my problem is not only the retirement itself, but also the little I have learned to manage My emotions from the years drugged, now that there is no crutch, fear and anxiety overflow me, but I need to control it, it is the only option.

I am going to ask a moderator about resetting, although I have been at the same dose for more than a month and I think it is too late, anyway I am going to ask.

I regret not having heeded the 10% recommendation, I thought it could go a little faster, now all that remains is to take responsibility. What is the name of the residence where your sister lives? It is sure that it is well cared for, in the homes for people with cerebral palsy everything is done for people and for them to be the best they can :)

6 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

@Alanmane , definitivamente eliminaría el alcohol. Realmente perturbará su sistema nervioso. Además, azúcar ... ¡aunque también he tenido verdaderas dificultades con este! El azúcar es altamente adictivo, pero para mí, simplemente me hace chocar contra una ola.

Coma y beba para un sistema nervioso tranquilo. :) Se estabilizará nuevamente. Espero que pueda disfrutar de su tiempo fuera del trabajo y descansar tanto como lo necesite.

Thanks for your recommendations, I am not going to touch the alcohol and I am going to take as little sugar as possible ... in short, try to rest these days so that I can return to work and function in the best way I can.

The difficult thing is to try to explain to my manager and to people who know me more what is happening to me, I do not like that they know that I have suffered from anxiety and low spirits but I prefer to tell the truth although I feel that they will not understand it well or they will to see weird.

Mental health is a difficult subject to understand and easily misinterpreted.

Hola @Altostrata recientemente empeorado en los síntomas depresivos y la ansiedad, el estado tomando 35 perlas durante un mes y creo que es tarde para restaurar una pequeña dosis. ¿Es tan? Necesito un mínimo para poder seguir trabajando, y sé que, aparte del medicamento, debo trabajar otros aspectos personales para enfrentar. un saludo

3 minutes ago, Alanmane said:

Thanks for your recommendations, I am not going to touch the alcohol and I am going to take as little sugar as possible ... in short, try to rest these days so that I can return to work and function in the best way I can.

The difficult thing is to try to explain to my manager and to people who know me more what is happening to me, I do not like that they know that I have suffered from anxiety and low spirits but I prefer to tell the truth although I feel that they will not understand it well or they will to see weird.

Mental health is a difficult subject to understand and easily misinterpreted.

Yes, I would also have rather kept it to myself, but ended up telling people at work what was going on. They were surprisingly understanding, hopefully in your situation it will be the same :) 

3 minutes ago, Alanmane said:

Hello @Altostata, recently I have gotten worse in depressive symptoms and anxiety, I have been taking 35 pearls for a month and I think it is late to restore a small dose. This is so? I need a minimum to be able to continue working, and I know that apart from the drug I must work other personal aspects to face. a greeting

Alanmane, you haven't tagged her. The name will appear highlighted in blue if you have....like this @Altostrata.

You have to type @, as you did, and then start typing the person's name....a drop down box will appear and you can select the person you want to see your post :) 

1 minute ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Sí, también hubiera preferido guardarlo para mí, pero terminé contando a la gente en el trabajo lo que estaba pasando. Eran sorprendentemente comprensivos, espero que en su situación sea igual:) 

4 minutes ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Sí, también hubiera preferido guardarlo para mí, pero terminé contando a la gente en el trabajo lo que estaba pasando. Eran sorprendentemente comprensivos, espero que en su situación sea igual:) 

How lucky to have people who understand it! How did you explain it? Above all, I want to tell my manager, but I feel that maybe I see it negatively or that when I have mental health problems, I think I am not valid.

4 minutes ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Alanmane, no la has etiquetado. El nombre aparecerá resaltado en azul si tiene ... como este @Altostrata .

Debe escribir @, como lo hizo, y luego comenzar a escribir el nombre de la persona ... aparecerá un cuadro desplegable y puede seleccionar la persona que desea ver su publicación :) 

Thank you very much for the correction, I already have. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Alanmane said:

How lucky to have people who understand it! How did you explain it? Above all, I want to tell my manager, but I feel that maybe I see it negatively or that when I have mental health problems, I think I am not valid.

It was rather lucky. However, I was very matter-of-fact, I said that I was having problems with a psychiatric drug and was trying a different one. I explained that different antidepressants and going on and off them had rather upset my nervous system. I don't think he fully understood, but he seemed to take it on board. He asked me if I had experienced anxiety/ depression, and I said yes, but that it had not really stopped me from working in the past. This wasn't entirely true, back in 2007 I didn't work for nearly a year as I was really destabilised with anxiety, but as I didn't have a job then, I didn't mention it.

I didn't mention the word 'withdrawal' either because I was worried he would get the wrong idea....people sometimes associate 'withdrawal' with being a meth addict or something so didn't want to create an issue for myself. However, I have been to occupational health since then and she explained, on her feedback form to my boss, that switching drugs had destabilised my nervous system.

Whenever I talk to my boss about it now, I tend to talk in terms of being more stable on the drug. I'm gently trying to educate him that these things can take a lot of time. I've not told him I'm in WD or that I plan to taper in the future, he doesn't need to know.

7 minutes ago, sunnysideup69 said:

Fue bastante afortunado. Sin embargo, era muy realista, dije que estaba teniendo problemas con un medicamento psiquiátrico y que estaba probando uno diferente. Le expliqué que los diferentes antidepresivos y su activación y desactivación habían alterado mi sistema nervioso. No creo que lo haya entendido completamente, pero parecía tenerlo en cuenta. Me preguntó si había experimentado ansiedad / depresión, y le dije que sí, pero que realmente no me había impedido trabajar en el pasado. Esto no era del todo cierto, en 2007 no trabajé durante casi un año ya que estaba realmente desestabilizado por la ansiedad, pero como no tenía trabajo en ese momento, no lo mencioné.

Tampoco mencioné la palabra "abstinencia" porque me preocupaba que él tuviera una idea equivocada ... la gente a veces asocia "abstinencia" con ser un adicto a la metanfetamina o algo así que no quería crear un problema para mí. Sin embargo, he estado en salud ocupacional desde entonces y ella explicó, en su formulario de comentarios a mi jefe, que el cambio de drogas había desestabilizado mi sistema nervioso.

Cada vez que hablo con mi jefe al respecto, tiendo a hablar en términos de ser más estable con la droga. Intento educarlo suavemente para que estas cosas puedan llevar mucho tiempo. No le he dicho que estoy en WD o que planeo reducirlo en el futuro, no necesita saberlo.

I understand, you did well to say what is necessary, it is not necessary to fully understand what discomfort the rise or fall of these drugs causes, but I want to tell the truth because it is also evident that I am not emotionally stable and that is what my manager and my colleagues know. job.

I think that explaining that I must leave a mediation and this has caused me anxiety is the right thing, yesterday I asked for the sick leave and I told her that she had been sick for days with her stomach and that it can be caused by nervousness and she thinks that is why, too, I did not dare to tell everything by wasap and I agreed to talk to her in person, although I would like to call her and talk to her today ... the truth is that my mind is saturated and I even have trouble writing all this. Thanks for everything.

1 minute ago, Alanmane said:

I understand, you did well to say what is necessary, it is not necessary to fully understand what discomfort the rise or fall of these drugs causes, but I want to tell the truth because it is also evident that I am not emotionally stable and that is what my manager and my colleagues know. job.

I think that explaining that I must leave a mediation and this has caused me anxiety is the right thing, yesterday I asked for the sick leave and I told her that she had been sick for days with her stomach and that it can be caused by nervousness and she thinks that is why, too, I did not dare to tell everything by wasap and I agreed to talk to her in person, although I would like to call her and talk to her today ... the truth is that my mind is saturated and I even have trouble writing all this. Thanks for everything.

It'll get better, Alanmane. Also, do remember that you are 'not emotionally stable' BECAUSE of the drugs, at the moment. It's not you, primarily, it's the taper speed. Like you, I experienced anxiety / depression in the past, too. Hoping to learn other ways of stabilising CNS so that drugs won't be necessary in the future.

• Administrator
On 4/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, Alanmane said:

I also have no appetite, I could sleep 12 hours a day perfectly. On the positive side I can have sex, which in effexor I could not, I do not feel drugged...

It's a good sign that as you have reduced Effexor, your sexual function has improved.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, Alanmane said:

I feel emotions although mostly negatively and from the defensive, I always feel attacked although there is no threat.

What does this mean?

20 hours ago, Alanmane said:

I am definitely going to spend a season without alcohol

How often do you drink alcohol?

Are you feeling dopey and blank throughout the day?

20 hours ago, Alanmane said:

My symptoms a few days ago are: Upset stomach, I almost always have liquid stools, restlessness, fatigue, depressed mood, lack of motivation, feeling that people are withdrawing due to your mood, having a blank mind with difficulty controlling information, retain, memorize .... little appetite and something else.

Is it possible you are ill, maybe with a virus?

What time of day do you take Effexor? How do you take the beads? Are your symptoms better or worse at any particular times of day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

49 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Es una buena señal de que a medida que ha reducido Effexor, su función sexual ha mejorado.

¿Qué significa esto?

It means that I am feeling sadness, anxiety, pain ... states that were hidden by the drug and now appear, I can also laugh on occasion or feel more or less well but in general the last few days consisting of feeling miserable due to low spirits.

¿Con qué frecuencia bebes alcohol?

I've been two months without drinking hardly any alcohol, before that I did it once a week more or less without exceeding myself.

¿Te sientes tonto y en blanco durante todo el día?

mostly yes, I feel that my thoughts are mixed up and I find it difficult to even speak and explain what I really want to say, how the words don't come out fluently. I stayed functional until two days ago when I asked for medical leave so I could rest a few , the state of restlessness and low mood, the absent-mindedness, the lack of focus on work tasks ... I felt that I was losing control and it was better to take a short break. Simply the anguish and the high stress blocks my mind, or so I think.

¿Es posible que estés enfermo, tal vez con un virus?

the intestinal malfunction started since my nervous system is more saturated, I think that feeling how I feel is very likely that my stomach is malfunctioning. When the COVID situation passes I will have tests.

¿A qué hora del día tomas Effexor?

I take the 35 pearls before eating, at noon around 12.00.

¿Cómo se llevan las cuentas?

I do not understand well, I suppose you mean how I count pearls. I open the capsule and take out 35, then I put them into an empty one.

¿Sus síntomas son mejores o peores en algún momento particular del día?

They tend to be better at night, when I have gotten past the day. The worst thing is when I start working, during the afternoon and the activation increases my spirits. Although my night was horrible a couple of days ago, I managed to cry and I couldn't for months.

Thanks Alto

• Administrator

What date did you start having stomach upset and diarrhea? What time of day does this happen?

These are trying times, there are many things to worry about. Subtracting low mood, please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

19 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

¿En qué fecha comenzó a tener malestar estomacal y diarrea? ¿A qué hora del día sucede esto?

Estos son tiempos difíciles, hay muchas cosas de las que preocuparse. Restando el estado de ánimo bajo, tome notas diarias de los momentos del día en que toma sus medicamentos, sus dosis y sus síntomas durante todo el día. Publique 24 horas de notas a la vez en este tema, en un formato de lista simple con la hora del día a la izquierda y la notación (síntoma o medicamento y dosis) a la derecha

Okay, tomorrow I start doing it. Upset stomach about four weeks ago, I wouldn't know what day it started. My stomach does not hurt, just most of the time I have a bowel movement they are liquid. Normally when I wake up in the morning it happens and then there are no set times.

• Administrator

What else happened about 4-5 weeks ago? Did you drink any alcohol?

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

¿Qué más pasó hace unas 4-5 semanas? ¿Bebiste alcohol?

Yes, I drank alcohol every week in a social way, I was aware that it was not the best but I managed to evade and evade myself, nor did I think it was a big problem at that time since I believed I had the situation under control.

• Administrator

Well, your system is upset. Alcohol is also a drug. You're going to have to stop it.

Please post those daily notes.

• Mentor
17 hours ago, Alanmane said:

What is the name of the residence where your sister lives? It is sure that it is well cared for, in the homes for people with cerebral palsy everything is done for people and for them to be the best they can

I wasn’t very clear. My niece (whose daughter has CP) and her family live here in the US. My sister lives in Spain (for about 20 years now).

9 hours ago, Alanmane said:

I do not understand well, I suppose you mean how I count pearls. I open the capsule and take out 35, then I put them into an empty one.

Are your beads different sizes? Do you take the same sized beads every day? Mine are different sizes...some small, some medium, some large. 

I think you have made a good decision to take some time off work. It’s a very hard decision for many reasons. This will give you some time to focus on yourself and will eliminate at least some of the stress. Stress makes everything so much harder. 

Also, drink lots of water. Diarrhea can dehydrate you very quickly. Do you by chance take any magnesium? 

1988-1996  Various AD’s, all classifications.  1996-2019  Effexor XR 37.5mg to 150mg. Jan 2017 onward, 37.5 mg.

2019  Apr 11 - July 24: Trials of Latuda then Rexulti. CT'd off per dr.  Jul 24: CT Effexor (per dr)  Sep 9-19: Viibryd, CT (per dr).  Sep 23-27: Trintellix. CT (per dr).  Sep 28 - Oct 24:  Prozac 10mg.  Oct 24:  Stop Prozac, began Pristiq 25mg->50->25mg.

2020  Feb 1: CT Pristiq. Feb 1: Reinstated Effexor XR (10 large beads) gradually increasing to 22 beads (15L+7M) or 9.072mgai on Mar, 2020.

2021  Started Jan w 21 beads (13L+8M) or 8.47mgai ended Dec: 17 beads (7L+9M+1S) or 6.19mgai. Severe COVID + TIA.

2022  Ended yr w 14 beads (3L+5M+5S+1XS) or 4.5mgai. Major jaw injury during year + family tragedy.

2023  Jan: 13 beads (2L+5M+5S+1XS) or 4.2mgai; Feb: 12 beads (2L+4M+5S+1XS) or 3.9mgai; Mar: 11 beads (2L+4M+4S+1XS) or 3.6mgai, Apr: 10 beads (2L+3M+4S+1XS) or 3.3mgai; Jun: 9 beads (2L+3M+3S+1XS) or 3mgai,

Other current meds: Ambien 10mg 3.935mg , clonazepam .125mg .107mg, omeprazoleSynthroid, Premarin.  Supplements: D3, C, probiotic, K2-MK7, Mg Glycinate

9 hours ago, FindRest said:

No estaba muy claro. Mi sobrina (cuya hija tiene PC) y su familia viven aquí en los Estados Unidos. Mi hermana vive en España (desde hace unos 20 años).

¿Sus cuentas son de diferentes tamaños? ¿Tomas cuentas del mismo tamaño todos los días? Los míos son de diferentes tamaños ... algunos pequeños, otros medianos, otros grandes. 

Creo que ha tomado una buena decisión de tomarse un tiempo libre del trabajo. Es una decisión muy difícil por muchas razones. Esto le dará algo de tiempo para concentrarse en usted mismo y eliminará al menos parte del estrés. El estrés hace que todo sea mucho más difícil. 

Además, beba mucha agua. La diarrea puede deshidratarte muy rápidamente. ¿Por casualidad toma magnesio? 

The accounts are quite the same all, although I find some smaller but I do not give it importance, it is something so minuscule ....

About having to stop for a few days at work, I know that it will have to be done but I feel guilty for not having had to endure, For the people who do not understand what is happening to me, in case by showing the possibilities they can fire me, I feel that I have a lot of personal work to do and it seems great.

I really want to explain to my manager that I am a person who often suffers from strong anxiety and this has been the case, but I fear stigma and how they can see me.

She knows that something emotional is happening to me so being clear I think it would be good for me. I have a magnesium supplement but I haven't used it for months because it was stable, could it be good to use it again? I do not feel thirsty or hungry but I am going to force myself to drink more.

The truth is that I have a cloudy mind and few ideas to improve all this.

A greeting

• Mentor

Some forms of magnesium will actually make diarrhea worse, which is why I was asking.  

Yes, stigma is a very real thing. I think it’s gotten better over the years but it’s still a big problem. It’s so hard knowing how much to share and with whom. I’m sorry this world isn’t more understanding and that we can’t be open about this. If we had a heart issue, for example, we could tell our co-workers about our struggles and they would be much more understanding and perhaps even helpful. This is all getting a bit better in the public and the workplace, but not fast enough. 

Please try to not feel guilt for taking some time off. From my experience, it is much wiser to take the time off. 

12:00 I wake up with anxiety, shortness of breath and bruxism. I feel depressed and scared by this reality.

13:00 I take 35 pearls of effexor, I feel depressed for spending my 28th birthday in this state.

14:00 As without too much appetite, some derealization and anxiety.

15:00 The anguish continues, I am ashamed of all this and I feel silly for having made mistakes that have led me to where I am. Spend time in bed.

16:00 I go up to the terrace to sunbathe, I try to think how to improve but I can hardly think, thought. I do normal deposition disorganized, there is no mental energy.

17h I go to the street for a walk, I feel a little better.

18:00 I see a friend for a walk, I talk about my problems and I feel ridiculous, ashamed, still it was nice to see him.

19:00 Go home and feel depressed, talk to friends with wasap, tell some people about my situation, try to find opinions because I feel that I cannot decide anything good, I feel a lot of indecision and insecurity.

20:00 I have dinner with my family, I feel sad that they see me like this, I hate letting my low spirits show others, it makes me feel weak. Liquid deposition

. 21-00 I spend time in bed watching youtube, less anxiety and anguish, trying to think of how to continue working in a week after this situation.

I have consumed nicotine through my vaporizer. Also three cups of coffee (I shouldn't drink coffee in this state, still I did it for feeling some pleasure and mental activation)

1 hour ago, FindRest said:

Algunas formas de magnesio en realidad empeorarán la diarrea, por eso estaba preguntando.  

Sí, el estigma es algo muy real. Creo que ha mejorado con los años, pero sigue siendo un gran problema. Es muy difícil saber cuánto compartir y con quién. Lamento que este mundo no sea más comprensivo y que no podamos ser abiertos sobre esto. Si tuviéramos un problema cardíaco, por ejemplo, podríamos contarles a nuestros compañeros de trabajo sobre nuestras luchas y ellos serían mucho más comprensivos y tal vez incluso útiles. Todo esto está mejorando un poco en el público y en el lugar de trabajo, pero no lo suficientemente rápido. 

Intenta no sentirte culpable por tomarte un tiempo libre. Desde mi experiencia, es mucho más sabio tomarse un tiempo libre. 

so I better not take magnesium, I think I need a little time to control anxiety.

I have never really learned to deal with it, for years I have used antidepressants and marijuana to cover these emotions and now I am as I am, it overcomes me and I do not know how to handle it. I really did not think that going from 50 pearls to 35 for four months would be so difficult (I realize that it is not only abstinence, my way of being is influencing a lot, perhaps more than abstinence).

On the other hand, I work in a cerebral palsy residence and there are sympathetic people, although I think it was a mistake to open up and tell my process to some people that I hardly knew just to normalize and remove weight, it is very difficult to understand and can be used against you. .

Anyway, my manager knows that something related to emotions is happening to me and I have not told him directly, and I must do it.

If I can get back to work well there will be no problem. If I come back in a few days and my anxiety overflows, it will be the end of this job because it will be proven that I cannot work in this state.

• Mentor

Is today your birthday?!! Happy Birthday!! 

10 hours ago, FindRest said:

¡¡¿Es hoy tu cumpleaños?!! ¡¡Feliz cumpleaños!! 

Thank you so much !!