NoMeaning25

Are there any protracted withdrawal members here who had a severe setback years later?

NoMeaning25

Hi just wanted to know if there are any protracted members on here who had a severe setback years later, feeling like they are back in acute or even worse for months on end.

Im quite in a bad spot right now, just looking for others who have had a setback far out and made it to the other side.

Had an extremely severe setback 6 months ago and it hasnt let up yet. Im afraid and feeling quite hopeless and tired since its been going on for so long now. I have also developed new symptoms and as usual my tests are all normal.

NoMeaning25

Dont get me wrong, i started to slowly improve at certain points during the years, in early 2017 i was highly functional and i had no more dizziness and a whole bunch of symptoms were improved, some worse, but i managed. In July 2017 i also had a setback, which i started slowly recovering from still up untill May 2018 when i got the flu, i was okay for 3 weeks after but then a series of events lead to my nervous system feeling like i fried it again, too much visual stimulation, lack of sleep, poor nutrition and severe stress from writing and srudying for an important exam plus the use of antibiotics for the flu, twice! Overstimulated my nervous system in an extreme way. Is there any way to get out of this hell? 

NoMeaning25

Yes thank you

Cherry47

I hope you have improved somewhat, since this post in October.  I am in a similar position at the moment - four years after stopping CT.  I got to about 50 - 60% functioning off and on for a few months at a time with seemingly fewer and shorter bad waves.  But the last four months have been a slow slide downhill and am feeling the worst I have felt for ages.  So yes, it happens, especially as your body has been under so much stress caused by other factors - illness, exams etc.  It seems to only take a couple of ‘small’ things like illness, medications (I have proved yet again that I am still intolerant to all meds) to send the injured nervous system into some crazy dive.  Just have to wait it out - again!

All the best.

deadbrain

Is their anyone who got better after a stress related setback that caused them symptoms like early withdrawal? 

NoMeaning25

Nope... im still waiting to get better from this setback. Been almost a year that ive been suffering severely. 

Longroadhome

@NoMeaning25

hoe are you now are you getting better? 
what  caused your setback ? 

Cherry47

I think the long term use and subsequent withdrawal from these drugs has left me permanently damaged in so many ways!  Almost six years off and everything in my body over-reacts to any type of stressor, mental or physical, so that I am constantly sick in one way or another.