SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Bonesy44

Bonesy44

Hello all,

Ive been looking on information about how im feeling and found this site. I must say if I have known what was going to happen now when I started taking this poison I would have said i will look for another way to help my anxiety.

This is my first post on here so I will tell my story.

In 2014, I was diagnosed by my doctor with Social anxiety and GAD. She gave me 10mg pills of Cipralex or Lexapro as called in the US. She told me to start with 5mg to see how I felt. I did just that and they really helped for about 2 years. But even though they stopped working I continued for another 2.5 years. This is the time I decided to try out cannabis for my anxiety. So I got my medical license and told my doctor im done with these. Stopped cold turkey off of 5mg for 4.5 years.

For two weeks after I had miserable withdrawl. Dizziness, anxiety and depression is all I had which I thought was strange cause I had never felt depressed a day in my life. After two weeks I was completely normal!

I thought I was done, I was like wow that was easy. But 3 months later (1 week ago) I had a bad headache for 4 days and then I got anxious and way more depressed than last time. Thats when I read about the windows and waves thing and thank god I did because I thought my brain was done for! Lol

I dont regret going cold turkey and I am not about to reinstate because I want that poison out of me and I am 3.5 months in. I have lost about 20 pounds of my 40 that I gained when I started it. I also read somewhere that the meds can be stored in fat cells and as you exercise or lose weight the body burns the fat and re metabolizes the stored meds.

But for people who cant deal with their WD symptoms, I must say CBD oil really helps the Anxiety and Depression. Although the depression for me is hard to kick getting some THC takes it completely away. Its like I can create my own windows everyday. 

I just dont understand how I can stop the pill just like that and WD for 2 weeks then I am literally back to normal for 3 months. Seems unlike anybody else I have read.

Anyways, that is my rant. I wish everyone a speedy recovery from the poison that gets handed out daily.

Edited by ChessieCat
space

Cipralex (escitalopram) for 4.5 years

5mg/day

Decided to just stop cold turkey one day 

Last dose July 10th, 2018

• ChessieCat changed the title to Bonesy44
  • Administrator

Welcome, Bonesy.

We have lots of people who got hit with withdrawal symptoms later on. It can take a while for little dysfunctions in the nervous system to culminate in symptoms.

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks for responding!

Well it has been a week and a half since this has started and every symptom I have seems to last 5 days. The anxiety and depression are all gone but now I am hit with a bad insomnia. I havent been able to fall asleep for 2 days now. I am so tired but cannot fall asleep for the life of me. Hopefully this will just be another 5 days and I will be good. Other than that I am doing good!

5mg/day

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome from me too,

We ask all members to create a drug signature.  This will appear below every post you make.  This allows us to see your history at a glance.  Thank you.

Please include the following information.  Please be as accurate as possible about the dates and doses.  Please make it nice simple by following these instructions (NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you).  Please update it whenever you make a change:

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 4 weeks later...

Well it has been a bit since my last post. About 2 days after my last post the wave had ended! 

A window followed for approx 17 days which I felt like my normal self. Then I got hit with the once again dreadful headache for a few days and now I am about a week into the wave. This time its been all anxiety and insomnia for the most part. My appetite goes up and down of the course of each day. But I havent really slept good for about 4 days now and I dont see how I am supposed to heal without sleep. I have a really hard time falling asleep and usually doze off around 2am from trying to go to sleep from 9:30 - 10pm. I get maybe 2-3 hours a night and ive been a zombie for 4 days. Ive also been taking a multi vitamin and Omega 3-6-9 each day. Not sure if its helping but it cant hurt.

Even though I have these symptoms they really arent that hard to manage considering ive read so many things that saying cold turkey is so terrible. Although they really suck at times I know my next window is coming soon :)

5mg/day

Well yet another sleepless night. Im on day 5 of no sleep. I really dont know what to do. I can be so tired...lay down at 930pm in bed...feel myself trying to sleep but it never happens. I end up laying there for hours! Im soooo tired and im losing my mind! Is there anything I can do besides going to the doctors and getting more pills I dont want?

5mg/day

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

You could try relaxation exercises or sleep hypnosis - these worked for me when I hadn't slept at all for a week.

Relaxation exercises, guided meditations, calming videos, sleep hypnosis

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Thanks guys for the responses!

I've been thinking...I want to talk to my doctor first but do you think it would be an option to reinstate the pill at a low dose again after not taking it for almost 5 months? I've read that its a crap shoot but I figure it could be worth a try.

5mg/day

• Moderator Emeritus

If your symptoms are bearable, it might be better to not reinstate.  But that is a decision only you can make.  I suggest you read this topic:  are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

If you do decide to reinstate, after being off for 5 months it would be best to try a tiny tester dose first, just to see how you react to it.  My suggestion would be to try no more than 0.25mg.  You might find that even that tiny amount might be enough.  It is better to start with a small amount and then increase if needed.  The idea of reinstating isn't to get rid of withdrawal symptoms completely but to bring them to a bearable level.  It takes about 4 days for a dose change to get to full level in the blood and a bit longer for it to register in the brain.  Please read Post #1 of this topic:  About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

A doctor would most probably start you an a much higher dose than SA's suggestion.  Your brain will have already made some adaptions since you've been off the drug.

These are also helpful:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

From tips-for-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram

Do-it-yourself liquid

People report that they can make their own liquid from Lexapro tablets and water.

It is soluble in water, see http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01175 -- stability (shelf-life of dilution) is unknown.

See How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

Long time since I posted but I figured I would give an update.

This friday will be 10 months since I took my last pill. I did not reinstate like I was going to. December through till the middle of january were tough but I got a good 2 week window after that (yay lol). At the beginning of February I got a pretty bad wave but I think it was because we were buying a new house and selling ours. So it was stressful which I think made it happen the way it did.

The sleep has gotten much better but some nights I do struggle to fall asleep or stay asleep. On average I would say I get about 6 hours a night but sometimes it gets to 8 and some nights its only 4. No real pattern to it as I can tell. In windows my sleep is closer to 8 hours though which is good. When I get a wave I get so fatigued to the point where I just want to go to sleep even though I know I wouldnt be able to fall asleep. I will sleep like 7 hours and feel like I didnt sleep at all.

Right now I am in a wave for about a week and a half now. Its a really strong one so I think it is the nasty 10 month wave I have read about. It feels like when I first posted. Only difference is I am not so sleepless. Some symptoms in waves have gone and not come back such as: Appetite issues, Gut pains and bloating feeling, Severe headaches, complete unable to fall asleep. The fatigue still gets me everytime and hits hard. I also get this feeling like electricity is running through my entire body and it makes me feel so restless. Its usually only there for a few hours out of the day but it is a terrible feeling. I do have DR to a point as well but I cant tell if its that or that I just feel so tired all day long.

Anyways, I hope this wave lets up soon as I am going on a few day family vacation on the long weekend coming up here in Canada. I have been having good windows that last between usually 1.5 and 2.5 weeks which is nice.

Hope everyone is doing good as well!

5mg/day

Just remember to enjoy the windows and keep in mind when in the waves that the window will open again.

Been on Mirtazapine 30mg for 3yrs and want to come off due to weight gain & morning hangover.

Mid March 2019 went to 15mg one night 30mg the next for a week

Was feeling ok so dropped to 15mg per night but anxiety came back so tried to get back to 30mg but body didnt like it so I panicked and found this site. Dr told me to get stable at 22 1/2mg for a month but have stuck at 15mg and plan to get stable on this, its day 3 on 15mg.

Reinstated back to 30 mg of Mirt and have been on this for a few weeks. Now feel leveled out to a point where I can function and work at a level of anxiety I can cope with. 

1 hour ago, Maca44 said:

Just remember to enjoy the windows and keep in mind when in the waves that the window will open again.

Thanks Maca44 for the encouraging words. The window will come but the waves really suck lol full of anxiety and fatigue. I guess it is all a waiting game.

5mg/day

I know, I'm mostly in waves but my god when a window opens it is such a relief. Just got to remember that the window will close but it's never completely closed just ajar so will open again.

I'm gonna get that window fixed at some point its just finding the right tools to get it done but in the meantime I will just tread water in the waves😀

Been on Mirtazapine 30mg for 3yrs and want to come off due to weight gain & morning hangover.

Mid March 2019 went to 15mg one night 30mg the next for a week

Was feeling ok so dropped to 15mg per night but anxiety came back so tried to get back to 30mg but body didnt like it so I panicked and found this site. Dr told me to get stable at 22 1/2mg for a month but have stuck at 15mg and plan to get stable on this, its day 3 on 15mg.

Reinstated back to 30 mg of Mirt and have been on this for a few weeks. Now feel leveled out to a point where I can function and work at a level of anxiety I can cope with. 

2 hours ago, Maca44 said:

I know, I'm mostly in waves but my god when a window opens it is such a relief. Just got to remember that the window will close but it's never completely closed just ajar so will open again.

I'm gonna get that window fixed at some point its just finding the right tools to get it done but in the meantime I will just tread water in the waves😀

At the beginning of withdrawal I was in what felt like constant waves. I would get a few hours of relief but right back into misery. I never tapered I just stopped taking my pills over night. Not the smartest but I really didnt want to spend an extra year or so on the pill. I thought 5mg was small enough to stop since it isnt even a therapeudic dose. I was very wrong. Oh well.

That being said I cant give advice for tapering but just hang in there man. As you said the windows will open. As you get farther along hopefully they will stay open for a few days to weeks. Im 10 months off and when they open they stay for a couple weeks. Everyone is different so it might not be the same time line. Just stay strong and we will all get through this 👍

5mg/day

• 2 months later...

Well, today marks 1 year since my last dose of Cipralex cold turkey. Its been on horrible ride so far BUT it has gotten so much better.

My windows are much longer and during them i feel almost normal. The last one was about 36 days!

Im currently in a much less intense wave at the moment..i think its the 1 year wave. The 10 month wave lasted about 4 weeks but after that wave my window was a huge improvement.

Most of my major issues have cleared up since the beginning. I used to have: Panic attacks, severe appetite disruption. Couldnt even take a bite of something without immediately feeling full. Really bad insomnia which has gotten a lot better. I slept 7 hours last night straight. I usually only get insomnia at the beginning of a wave now for about 2 days. I used to have constant worry, anxiety, uncontrollable sad feeling which ive never had before, bad stomach pains/bloating, DR, bad headaches, random muscle pains usually the back of my legs and just a general spaced out feeling. Almost like I was high 24/7. 

All that has pretty much gone now. I get the odd headache but who doesnt and its nowhere near what they used to be. 

What im left with is still fatigue, some minor insomnia, short term memory issues, burning/ dry eyes but im not sure if thats because i feel tired. The fatigue and stuff does go away maybe halfway through a window so I dont know. Ive given up trying to figure all this out. Ive just accepted it and when it ends it ends I guess. Wish it was sooner than later but who knows. I tried drinking a beer but it messes me up now so cant drink alcohol and same with cannabis. Maybe one day but not anytime soon I dont think.

I remember in January thinking I would never make it here...well here I am and im doing so much better. I can go places and do things again. Ive worked full time throughout all this without anyone knowing something was wrong with me so I hid it pretty good lol

If your feeling horrible and it the worst of it...like everyone says....IT DOES GET BETTER! Im not healed but im like half way there but just that 50% feels like a dream from what I was.

Take care everyone

5mg/day

• Moderator Emeritus

That's really great news.  Thank you for coming back to update us.  It will be appreciated if you could continue to let us know how you are.

Because of the improvements that have happened I've added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

• Moderator Emeritus

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Thank you ChessieCat! I am amazed how far ive come in only a year. I hope it continues to move forward the way it has. I will definitely keep everyone posted how I am doing. I know I dont post much but I do keep my own little journal of it all.

5mg/day

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update

In two days I will be off cipralex for 14 months. I wish I could write something good but it seems I have gone backwards. Since my last post, this wave hasnt really let up. I have had a few days here and there where I felt really good but for the most part I have been stuck in the depths of the wave. I feel like I am in space everyday almost but it usually lets up around 7pm. I have had a few anxious moments but nothing really worth mentioning. Insomnia is back a little. I find I can now fall asleep quickly but staying asleep is a struggle. However I can fall asleep again but sometimes after an hour or so of laying there. I have had some gut issues again which previously I havent had since about february. The worst symptom I have is the feeling like I am out of it all day long. I dont know if that is DP/DR or just my eyes lol I had my eye exam the other day and the doc said everything is perfectly normal. I dont know, some days it feels like this is just how I am going to feel forever. I really hope not but it is what it is I guess. 

Anyways, thats pretty much it. I am trying to stay positive as much as I can but its exhausting feeling like this all the time. Have a great day everyone!

5mg/day

• 1 month later...

Well yesterday marked 15 months off of Cipralex. For the past few weeks I have been feeling pretty good. Not completely normal but no where near horrible either. Ive felt a little out in space and my gut was a little off but other than that pretty good. Ive been sleeping well as well. 

Well everything crashed and burned last night. Out of nowhere when I was laying in bed this sense of panic set in. I havent felt anything like that since February! It developed into a mild panic attack. The feelings stayed for about an hour and a half and then I fell asleep. This morning I woke up with those same feelings. Over the course of the day they lowered but as we creep into the evening they seem to be getting stronger again, along with a much stronger feeling of being looped out. I thought for sure these panic feelings were behind me! Its been 8 months! I hope these go away soon because I would rather anything but this feeling....well...except insomnia lol.

I was also thinking something...I started taking probiotics a few days ago. Thats the only thing I have changed. Maybe a coincidence???

5mg/day

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone

So I just finished having a stomach bug...fever, and everything else dont need to go into it. But now all of a sudden my anxiety has turned from little spurts and waves here and there to HOLY **** I cant leave my bed! I get tingles everywhere, sweat and super tense thinking about going anywhere. Is that normal from having a virus like that? I have only ever had regular colds but they never really affected WD at all. I couldnt sleep obviously cause I was in panic mode for like 5 hours straight.

5mg/day

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bonesy,

Have been reading your entire story today. 

Sounds like you were pretty lucky after ct although you had enough waves. It could be a lot worse but hey, some people don't feel a thing after ct. My mother cold turkeyed Prozac 20 years ago and never looked back.

About your stomach bug and fever. I'm having the exact same problem right now.

Just realized that I had the flu last year and vomiting etc. I really wished omeone would take me out of my misery back then. Absolutely horrendous. After a week or so things started to clear up. Dp, feeling like not belonging to this world, massive suicidal thoughts were the worst symptoms. Oh yeah, panic attacks to go with my fever.

How are you doing today? A bit better I hope!!!

Good luck and

Cheers

Jozeff

Sep- 2016 - Okt 2017 citalopram some months 15 mg some months 20 mg

Nov 2017- Apr 2018 citalopram 25 mg

Apr 2018 -  Jun 2018 citalopram 3 month TAPER too fast  from 25mg to 16.5 mg (0.1 mg per day decrease, felt horrible and crashed)

Jun 2018 - Aug13th 2018 citalopram trying to stabilize at 16.5 mg for 5 wks

- August 14th 2018 - April 29th 2019  citalopram 18 mg (1.5 mg updose).

2019 apr 27 : START taper citalopram @ 18 mg: 29Jun 16.4 mg / 19aug 15.4 mg / 25aug 15.2 mg / 30sep 14.0 mg / 4dec 13.1 mg

2020  03Jan 12.75 mg / 28Jan 12.29 mg / 18Feb 11.83 mg, 25Feb 11.68 mg hold.. / 7May 11.33 mg hold...., 4Aug 10.98 mg / 5Dec 10.0 mg 4 month hold...

2021 30mar 9.8 mg / 06apr 9.5 mg /  13apr 9.4 mg / 14may 8,5 mg / 04jun 8,0 mg / 11jun 7.75 mg, 02jul 7.35 mg /  09jul 7.2 mg hold 3 weeks during holiday /31jul 7 mg/ 8aug 6.8 mg / 15aug 6.63mg / 22aug 6.5mg / 1sep 6.3 mg / 8sep 6.15 mg / 15sep 6.0 mg / 22sep 5.9 mg / 29sep 5.8 mg / 04 oct 5.65 mg / 10oct 5.55 mg / 17oct 5.45 mg / 24oct 5.35mg / 30oct 5.25 mg hold 3 wks / 22nov 5.15 mg / 01dec 5.1mg / 12dec 5.0mg / 20dec 4.85mg / 30dec 4.70mg

2022   08jan 4.5 mg / 16jan 4.4 mg / 23jan 4.3 mg / 27jan 4.2 mg / 18feb 4.1 mg / 25feb 4.0 mg / 04mar 3.9 mg / 11mar 3.75 mg / 18Mar 3.65 mg / 09apr 3.55 mg / 16apr 3.45 mg / 23apr 3.35 mg / 01may 3.25 mg / 8may 3.15 mg / 17may 3.10 mg / 28 may 3.0 mg / 7jun 2.94 mg / 18 Jun 2.88 mg / 27 jun 2.84 mg / 05 jul 2.80 mg / 16 jul 2.75 mg / 23 jul 2.70 mg / 01aug 2.65 mg / 09aug 2.60 mg hold 5wks / 18sep 2.55 mg / 25sep 2.5 mg /02oct 2.45 mg / 10oct 2.40 mg / 19oct 2.35 mg / 27oct 2.30 mg / 05nov 2.27 mg / 14nov 2.25 mg / 22nov 2.20 mg / 29nov 2.10mg / 09dec 2.05 mg / 15dec 2.0 mg 

2023  hold 2.0 mg for 5 months / 05may 1.95 mg / 14may 1.90 mg / 24may 1.87 mg / 02jun 1.85 mg / 17jun 1.82 mg / 27jun 1.79 mg / 07jul 1.75 mg / 31jul 1.72 mg / 12aug 1.69mg / 27aug 1.67 mg / 04sep 1.65 mg / 09sep 1.63 mg / 22sep 1.61 mg / 27sep 1.60 mg / 12oct 1.58 mg / 18oct 1.56 mg / 31oct 1.54 mg / 06nov 1.52 mg / 18nov 1.50 mg / 04dec 1.48 mg / 11dec 1.46 mg / 22dec 1.45 mg / 28dec 1.44 mg

2024 01jan 1.43 mg / 06jan 1.42 mg/ 10jan 1.40 mg hold /

• 2 months later...

Hello all

Its been quite a while since my last post. That last terrible wave I had only lasted about a week then it got better. Since then its been windows and waves as usual.I am about to hit 20 months since my CT of 5mg of Escitalopram.

I would say about 80% of January I felt almost normal. My windows are really good and the waves dont go so deep anymore and only last a few days typically, unless its a BAD wave. I just finished one of those bad waves 2 days ago. It lasted pretty much the entire month of February. A lot of my symptoms have either gone or gotten much better except a few. I still struggle with panic surges and minor insomnia here and there. Some nights I will only get 3 to 4 hours but most nights I get about 6-7 hours. The panic usually ALWAYS comes at bed time for some reason. I will be fine all day and then as soon as I lay my head down...WHAM!  No sleep for you lol I dont understand but it isnt happening as often anymore. But with this last bad wave a new symptom decided to show its face. Every single muscle in my head decided to tense up and stay that way for days. It causes tingling and burning all over my head and behind my ear. It really only affected my right side for some reason. It also came with a killer headache that lasted a week and a half. It was brutal! But I am doing good now except for me being sick yet again. I have 2 little kids so its like a germ factory at my house. I hope everyone else is doing well and remember...it does get better but painfully slow! Its terrible but I think when this is all over, I will be mentally a stronger person and will be able to enjoy feeling good a lot more. Definitly wont be taking feeling good for granted ever again.  

5mg/day

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! It is now just over 21 months for me since I took my last pill. I wish things were better but for the last few weeks I have been hit with the worst insomnia since probably a year ago. Sure I have had a few nights here and there where I couldnt sleep but nothing like this. This is every single night I either wake up 4 times a night, cant fall asleep for hours after going to bed or just stare at the ceiling until the sun comes up. Thankfully the anxiety that used to plague me has dissapeared for the most part. If I do get anxious its more of a normalized anxiety rather than running around the house not knowing what to do with myself lol. Also because I havent slept much I have been having bouts of DR/DP and that was pretty much gone for a little while now. I got a bit of tight muscles in my head but nothing like it was back in feb! Oh man I felt like my head was squeezing itself! I would say overall things are going pretty good despite this insomnia which I know will go away just like it has many times before and along with everything else. Maybe even when this is wave is done I will be able to sleep even better than I did before! Always keep faith and hope alive otherwise this WD will eat you alive. 

Well thats all for now, I hope you all keep safe and healthy with this Covid-19 going around!

Take Care

5mg/day

• Mentor

@Bonesy44 Congratulations 😃

That’s a huge accomplishment. Wishing you the best🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

40 minutes ago, Hanna72 said:

@Bonesy44 Congratulations 😃

That’s a huge accomplishment. Wishing you the best🙏

Thank you very much Hanna! I just read your story and believe me it does get better! The good days will come more often and stay for longer! It takes more time than any of us would like but I know in the end it will all be worth it! Take care 🙂

5mg/day

Thank you for your post.  It's inspiring yet challenging to think it takes so long to get back to normal. 

Started Celexa as a sophmore in high school around 2014/2015 

I think I took Vyvance 2016/2017

Increased Celexa to 40 mg by 2018

Began to taper Celexa on 12/29/19, cut 1/4 of the 40 mg per week

Last dose of Celexa on 1/19/20

Reinstated 1 mg liquid Celexa in March 2020

Currently still taking 1 mg liquid Celexa

• 2 months later...

Tomorrow will mark 2 years since I quit Cipralex C/T! I was just reading my entire thread and I decided to do my update now. Things have been going very well for me. I wish I could say that this is all behind me but it is not unfortunately. 

A lot of my symptoms I have had have disappeared and some have lessened in intensity. The two main symptoms that just wont leave me are Insomnia and Anxiety. I know I will always have anxiety but I am learning to manage my normal anxiety. I started to read the book by doctor claire weeks. She explains anxiety in the best way and after thinking about it, exactly what she says is what happens to me. Fear is what it is and all it is. Floating is what I have been doing and it works! Its hard sometimes but it does work. 

But sometimes I do get that chemical anxiety and there is nothing you can do but endure it. I will be sitting there watching TV and it just randomly fills my body with panic for no reason at all. Doesnt happen very much at bed time anymore but last night it showed itself a little. It didnt last long and I just fell asleep. 

The insomnia comes and goes quite often but when it does hit, it isnt as bad. I usually still get 4-5 hours when its there. I am finding that after a wave of it I can sleep better than I did before. For the past few weeks I have been up and down with waves and windows. They last a few days each back and forth. Both with usually only anxiety and insomnia. The DP/DR I used to have is much better and doesnt really bother me anymore. I do still get it occasionally but if I do its manageable.

I will list symptoms that I had and are gone and some that that I still have but to a lesser degree. I lost about 40 pounds since quitting but I have finally started to gain weight again!

Symptoms that are gone:.

- Stomach pains

- Appetite issues

- Weight loss

- Bloating feeling

- Migraine headaches (still get headaches but who doesnt. Dont think they are WD related)

- Cortisol Surges in the AM

- Fast resting heart rate

- Random panic attacks

- I had seperation anxiety from my wife really bad in the beginning. I felt like a little child. That is gone for a long time

- I had regular bowel issues (Loose and Constipation)

- Depression

- Complete inability to fall asleep

- This random bored feeling I used to get

- Random muscle pains

- Head tension

Symptoms I have still, but to a lesser degree

- Anxiety

- Insomnia

- I sometimes have sore/puffy eyes but much better than it was last summer

- Fatigue for no reason which has gotten better over the last few months

- DP/DR has gotten much better

Thats all I can think of for now but just remember it does get better everyone! My guess is another couple years before I am fully healed. Sometimes it feels like I will never get there but I know I will. We all will!

5mg/day

• Moderator Emeritus

@Bonesy44

Thank you for a great update.  I'm glad you're doing so well.  You're an encouragement to us all.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

5 minutes ago, Gridley said:

@Bonesy44

Thank you for a great update.  I'm glad you're doing so well.  You're an encouragement to us all.

Thank you Gridley! I hope I can give some hope to people that are in the midst of the worst or at the beginning. I cling to those that have recovered and still re read the success stories every now and again. I read Nadias story a lot. 

Just recently I decided since I have felt better that I decided to create my own youtube channel. Its Disney Pop Mania if anybody wants to check it out. 

I wish everybody a speedy recovery and nice long windows!

5mg/day

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for this nice update.

I'm so glad to read that you can feel some relief :)

Take care  ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

16 hours ago, Bonesy44 said:

Thank you Gridley! I hope I can give some hope to people that are in the midst of the worst or at the beginning. I cling to those that have recovered and still re read the success stories every now and again. I read Nadias story a lot. 

Just recently I decided since I have felt better that I decided to create my own youtube channel. Its Disney Pop Mania if anybody wants to check it out. 

I wish everybody a speedy recovery and nice long windows!

I'm gonna check it out ❤️ 

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• 3 months later...

Hey Everybody

Im here for a 2 year and 3 month update. Life is getting better as time goes on! I wish I could say I am healed but unfortunately not quite yet. However, things arent too bad. I still have bad days and stretches but they arent super long anymore. Ive noticed when I do get in a bad stretch my symptoms cycle. I will sleep bad for a day or two and then for the next day or two I will have a little bit of anxiety, but now it doesnt turn into panic. It almost did a little over a month ago but it very rarely happens now! 

One symptom that seems to happen regularly still is this weird head tension. It feels like the muscles behind my right ear tense up and it makes the rest of my head feel super tight. It gives me headaches as well. I have sinus pressure as well and that too gives me headaches. Im finding that the brain fog or DR whichever it is isnt all day or everyday anymore either. I still get it but i have a break every so often now. 

Its almost like my brain is correcting each symptom one by one. I can sleep 6-8 hours pretty much every night now but I still feel tired a lot. Sometimes my energy level is exactly where it should be for the amount of sleep I get and I now get tired at the appropriate time as well. I can feel my body trying to regulate my energy levels and it is going in the right direction but still much improvement to go!

Im happy with how things are going and how far I have come. If I were to guess I think I will be completely healed somewhere in the 4-5 year mark. I feel a little more than half way there but who knows. I feel a lot more normal than I did this time last year. I will say this over and over again because I know there are people that dont believe it as I didnt either. IT WILL GET BETTER!

5mg/day

• Moderator Emeritus

It is really good to hear that you are continuing to notice improvement.

Just a reminder to be cautious of a few things:  alcohol, antibiotics, over exertion.

It would be really helpful if you could put some more info in your drug signature about how you got off please (eg CT, fast or slow taper).  And also include the last dose you took as well.  Thank you.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

• 1 month later...

Well I just passed 29 months since my CT of Cipralex 5mg and unfortunately I feel like I have started to move backwards...

Around 25 months my sleep finally restored back to pre drug habits which is about 6-7 hours of solid sleep every night. (THANK GOD!) Once I started sleeping every night things started moving quick I felt. I felt as if I would be writing a success story soon.

Well apparently the universe had other plans for me. Back near the end of October I randomly started getting bad anxiety and attacks again. After about a week that all subsided for about 2 weeks. Then it started again for another week. Another week window followed but now I seem to be stuck in this awful round of emotional round about. One day I will feel sad and depressed and the next I will be mad and agitated for no reason. 

For the last few days I have had this really bad nervous feeling that doesnt go away. Im not nervous about anything at all, in fact I am quite looking forward to christmas. My sleep as been broken for the last month but within the last few days it has kind of restored itself again.

It just sucks that I am almost 2.5 years into this and I feel so crappy like I used in the beginning. Especially because I thought I was almost in the clear. Its like the beginning has started all over again.

5mg/day