☼ Bonesy44

Bonesy44

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Have you tried magnesium?  I have found it helpful for that "on edge" feeling.  I take half of my tablet morning and half at night. 

Magnesium

I also find that self talk helps.  When I recognise what is happening I just tell myself that I'm okay and something like chill, or don't stress and take a few deep breaths.  I also try to check to see what might have triggered sort of using the HALT check; hungry, angry, lonely, tired or anything else that might have happened, eg overstimulated by noise, lights, crowds, smells etc.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Mentor

@bonesy44, I'm sorry that WD hit you so far and I can't imagine how disheartening could be...By your description it seems to me that you saw very good improvements during these 2,5 years... Maybe sometimes triggered this moment (on and off of some supplements, antibiotics, anesthesia, alcohol, diet?) or it could be only a wave that will live you in a better place than you were before. I hope so! Keep us update! It's important to follow progress of people before us in their journey! Send to you all my support!

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

• 4 weeks later...

Did the wave finally subside? Hope you're doing well as I’m literally a month behind and have been hit by wave that you described last month. Just wanted to see how it progressed with you. 

11/2012 - 6/2018: 20mg Citalopram. .25mg Xanax as needed.

6/2018 - 7/2018: 10mg Citalopram. Rx Orders. 7/2018 - 8/2018: 5mg Citalopram. Rx Orders. 8/2018 - 9/2018: 5mg Citalopram every other day. .25mg Xanax as needed. Rx Orders.

Aug. 29, 2018: Stopped all SSRI's and Benzo's.

9/2018 - 10/2018: 2 months off. Absolute Hell. Thought I had lost my mind. Horrible acute withdrawal. Anxiety 100 out of 10.

1/2019: 4 months off. Everyday is a grind. I'm putting up the good fight. Waves and windows. Anxiety 8 out of 10.

12/2019: 15.5 months off. I still have symptoms but not all at once. Manageable now. Daily waves and windows. Anxiety 6 out of 10.

3/2020:  18 months off. Just finished a solid month wave. Thinking it was the 18th and final big one. Shorter waves and longer windows. Anxiety 5 out of 10.

Bi-Weekly: 90 min. Massage / Daily: Low Carb Diet, 30 min Cycling Exercise, no supplements, no caffeine, no alcohol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Dear @Bonesy44 and @ChapNasty, I'm thinking of you (I'm damaged from your own drug molecules)! Hope this bad wave that hits you so far in your journey has faded or disappeared! Give us an update when you can!

All my affect,

Leila

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone its been a while since I have been on here. I try to not come on here as much as I think reading some posts was activating. 

Since my last post, the wave in december didnt last long after I posted. Its been a great 6 months with ups and downs but no real significant waves at all. My sleep improved even more and can now get 6-8 hours every night almost. Its nice not to be dead tired all day everyday. From March to the beginning of June I only really had 6 days in between which I would have really called a wave. It was fantastic! I thought I was there.....but 3 weeks ago I was sitting eating breakfast and all of a sudden out of nowhere I started having a random anxiety attack. That anxiety and inner restlessness feeling hasnt really left since then. I have hours or maybe a day here and there where I feel better but for the most part I have been plauged with this. 

I am 10 days away from my 3 year CT anniversary and I wish I had better news. I know that the 3 or 4 months of awesomeness I had is a great sign of healing but this feels like im going to be stuck like this forever. I know deep down inside I wont be but this is the longest wave I have had in a long time, and to be 3 years out and have this happen is very disheartening and makes me feel like I am doomed. 

For the people who replied to my post, I thank you for the kind words and I am sorry I didnt respond months ago. I hope everyone is doing well and get healed up soon.

Cipralex (escitalopram) for 4.5 years

5mg/day

Decided to just stop cold turkey one day 

Last dose July 10th, 2018

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello @Bonesy44

I don't think that we can put specific timeframe is this process, and without enough rigorous scientific studies and data we can only make assumptions.

So I can't tell if it's your case or even if the three years wave is a "real thing", but your post really does sound like many others I've read about a late wave happening while things were getting really better.

I won't disminish how frustrating and hard it can be to hit a hard wave so far out, but I feel hopeful when I read you. Your post echoes so many testimonies of people who hit a late wave only to reach a better and steady baseline. To my humble amateur ears, it sounds like recovery may be closer than you think 😉

Have you taken new drugs, alcohol, supplements,... lately?

Hang on, we are all rooting for you ☀️💪

Edited by Erell

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

As Erell pointed out, we can't put an exact time frame on recovery, especially for a CT. What we do know is that it takes a frustratingly long time and the recovery symptom pattern will be highly unpredictable. From what you describe, your symptoms fit the pattern associated with a CT very closely, Feeling great and then being hit by a bad wave, minor symptoms for awhile and then :back to square one". Under it all the body is healing all the time, even when it feel like it isn't. Please take heart in knowing that your are getting better and with time return to where you want to be.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, Erell said:

Hello @Bonesy44

I don't think that we can put specific timeframe is this process, and without enough rigorous scientific studies and data we can only make assumptions.

So I can't tell if it's your case or even if the three years wave is a "real thing", but your post really does sound like many others I've read about a late wave happening while things were getting really better.

I won't disminish how frustrating and hard it can be to hit a hard wave so far out, but I feel hopeful when I read you. Your post echoes so many testimonies of people who hit a late wave only to reach a better and steady baseline. To my humble amateur ears, it sounds like recovery may be closer than you think 😉

Have you taken new drugs, alcohol, supplements,... lately?

Hang on, we are all rooting for you ☀️💪

Thanks Erell for the kind words.

I try not to put a timeline on recovery but its hard not to sometimes lol l

The wave has subsided thankfully. I decided to go get my first covid vaccine so I think that caused me some anxiety. Right after I got the shot a calmness fell over me. But now insomnia has stepped in again last night. I read that some people get insomnia as a side effect from the vaccine. Hopefully it goes soon because I got used to sleeping good real fast and to be back to 2 hours last night brought back painful memories lol

5mg/day

• 2 months later...

I am now 38 months since my CT of 5mg of Cipralex. Things were going really well up until about June. I only had 2 symptoms left which were mild anxiety here and there and muscle tension on my scalp and behind my right ear. 

Then I hit a really high amount of stress from this covid vaccine. I didnt want to get it but both mine and my wifes work were forcing it or we lose our jobs, so we had no choice. My first shot was on July 2nd and was very uneventful in terms of symptoms. The stress went away and I went back to my baseline of recovery. My second shot was on Aug 6th. A few days before I started to get a little stressed but nothing I couldnt handle. Three days after my second shot all hell broke lose. My nervous system went haywire from it. Insane anxiety attacks, insomnia, crazy back and head muscle tension like ive never experience all throughtout my 3 years of withdrawal so far. I also got tingling in my feet and legs as well as arms and legs. It was all day everyday for 2 weeks. It finally started to break up into waves and windows again. The tingling went away in a couple weeks but the rest remain. My gut health went down the drain as well. 

Unfortunately my month long windows are gone and im back to a day here and there with week long waves. Ive tried magnesium bisglycinate and it really helps with the muscle tension but not much at all for anxiety unfortunately. Ive read the entire thread of the covid vaccine on here and it seems I am the only one to have such a severe setback from the vaccine. Sucks even more so that I didnt even want to get it but had my hand forced into it. Needless to say I am back to a point in time where I was approx 1.5 years ago symptom wise. 

I hope everyone else is doing good and I am glad nobody else had a reaction like mine. I know a year from now I am going to have to do this all over again for a 3rd shot. I guess this is just who I am going to be from now on.

5mg/day

• 4 months later...

Bonesy- just checking in with you. I’m coming up on 41 months off CT of Celexa. Our time frame has matched up pretty seamlessly. How are you feeling these days? I’m having week long waves and maybe a couple nice days but recently it’s been a rough ride. Hoping your getting some success on your end. Best to you!

11/2012 - 6/2018: 20mg Citalopram. .25mg Xanax as needed.

6/2018 - 7/2018: 10mg Citalopram. Rx Orders. 7/2018 - 8/2018: 5mg Citalopram. Rx Orders. 8/2018 - 9/2018: 5mg Citalopram every other day. .25mg Xanax as needed. Rx Orders.

Aug. 29, 2018: Stopped all SSRI's and Benzo's.

9/2018 - 10/2018: 2 months off. Absolute Hell. Thought I had lost my mind. Horrible acute withdrawal. Anxiety 100 out of 10.

1/2019: 4 months off. Everyday is a grind. I'm putting up the good fight. Waves and windows. Anxiety 8 out of 10.

12/2019: 15.5 months off. I still have symptoms but not all at once. Manageable now. Daily waves and windows. Anxiety 6 out of 10.

3/2020:  18 months off. Just finished a solid month wave. Thinking it was the 18th and final big one. Shorter waves and longer windows. Anxiety 5 out of 10.

Bi-Weekly: 90 min. Massage / Daily: Low Carb Diet, 30 min Cycling Exercise, no supplements, no caffeine, no alcohol

• 1 year later...

How are you doing now @Bonesy44🙂?

01/2017-12/2022 ~6 Years on Generic Escilitopram (5mg-20mg) because of repetitive panic attacks and anxiety that lead to depression. My tapering was not tapering as I read here. I consider it CT because of wrong directions of docs, I went from 20mg to 5mg in a short amount of time and then jumped to 0mg.

•01/07/23 Took maca root powder for pssd for 4 days only which I think worsened my symptoms a lot.(Not sure if that was the cause or what came was supposed to come)
•15/07/23-01/08/23 Prebagalin) 2x50mg

01/08/23 - 05/08/23.  75x50mg

06/08/23 - 18/08/23 2x75mg an then reduced 19/09/23 - 23-09 to 75x50mg 

24/09/23 - 1/12/23 2x50mg.

1/12/22- ongoing  2x45mg( on first week of December happened a mistake in liquid I made and took 4  times double dose  )

15/01/24 -  ongoing occasional 5mg  diazepam for anxiety.