lalala

So I  have been  taken 2 drugs...  That  a Dr.  Prescribed ,,  I was withdrawing  from  an ssri  and they made things worst   then  came to SA,  I  stabilized  for a while,   had to move homes and  the stress has made me depressed and anxious...  The loneliness  of it all...  I live alone and  feel  exhausted  most days and scared...  I haven't  tapered  anything... I don't  have a support  system  so it's hard on top of the wd's.  I don't  know  how to handle  family  because  I  have a sister  which has been helpful  in the practical  side but she stresses  me  as she can be harsh and has no idea  how to be compassionate  my brother  is nice but wants positive attitude  and events which I  don't  have at the moment  to share so he doesn't  want to  hear it... So he doesn't  call.  So I  feel devastating  but that's how they function. 

xyz

all right, someone has to reply to you.

feeling lonely is a very normal feeling. nothing wrong with it.

can you think more about what you mean by "feeling lonely"?

sometimes for me, it has to do with being bored or a lack of distraction.

and when i add "there something wrong with this" - i label it Loneliness.

it is okay to be bored. that is when you need to work on mindfulness.

notice when you mind start to tell stories about your experience. come back to your breath, do that for 15 minutes, then get up and start to do things.

anything.

the more you do, the more distraction you will have, and pretty soon your mind will be distracted by other things very easily.

the worse you can do is to sit home alone and think that the world is having a party while you are not.

they are all made up stories in your head.

The-opposite-of-happiness-is-not-sadness-its-boredom.jpg

lalala
22 hours ago, xyz said:

all right, someone has to reply to you.

feeling lonely is a very normal feeling. nothing wrong with it.

can you think more about what you mean by "feeling lonely"?

sometimes for me, it has to do with being bored or a lack of distraction.

and when i add "there something wrong with this" - i label it Loneliness.

it is okay to be bored. that is when you need to work on mindfulness.

notice when you mind start to tell stories about your experience. come back to your breath, do that for 15 minutes, then get up and start to do things.

anything.

the more you do, the more distraction you will have, and pretty soon your mind will be distracted by other things very easily.

the worse you can do is to sit home alone and think that the world is having a party while you are not.

they are all made up stories in your head.

The-opposite-of-happiness-is-not-sadness-its-boredom.jpg

Hey xyz, I just saw your message I just went to setting as I'm not receiving my messages.... What your saying applies to bordem or inactivity  which makes you  think to much and  get you depressed in our circumstances ... but emotions can happen even when you are active  as you may be hurt or misunderstood by someone...  

JackieDecides
8 hours ago, lalala said:

but emotions can happen even when you are active  as you may be hurt or misunderstood by someone...  

yes, they can. but emotions are temporary, they are not facts, and you need to watch how you think about them. for example, when I am lonely I often catching myself thinking "if I wasn't so stupid I wouldn't have moved around so much and I'd have a support system" "it's my fault for making stupid mistakes" and so on.

hopefully when you aren't doing that! 

love the Feeling Wheel, Chessie Cat

xyz

lalala, i meant to write more but ran out of time.

sorry i didn't mean to be dismissing. i went through what you went through, i immigrated to the US twenty years ago and was really lonely and had panic attack daily.

it was strange to me that some people would feel fine alone and can stay occupied while others would have a hard time.

i think having a job that you like is really important.

i also found a meditation group and started to meditate daily and made friends along the way.

try to find a spiritual group to give you support. it is hard enough to go through life alone, let alone if you have to withdraw from psych meds.

also until you develop more coping skills, understand your mind better, it might be best to stay on them for a bit more.

not to scare you, but loneliness is nothing compare to psych med withdrawal.

xyz
8 hours ago, lalala said:

Hey xyz, I just saw your message I just went to setting as I'm not receiving my messages.... What your saying applies to bordem or inactivity  which makes you  think to much and  get you depressed in our circumstances ... but emotions can happen even when you are active  as you may be hurt or misunderstood by someone...  

before you have an emotion, you have a thought.

(some school of psychology would debate on this. whether thought or emotion come first)

when you meditate everyday, you can see that your mind is filled with thoughts, they just arise spontaneously. 

if you don;t chase your thought, and stay with your breath or a mantra, you will see that you don;t have to follow the mental shatter.

you come back to the moment present all the time. if someone said something that hurt you yesterday, that was yesterday. it is only a problem if you let yourself pulled by the thought.

then you will add "they don't understand me" " no one has understood me, because i am depressed" etc...

this added layer of thought is what cause emotional turmoil.

depression comes with obsessive thoughts can causes emotional loops and overload the nervous system.

if we beat ourselves 24/7, so yes we will be tired, anxious and depressed.

by stopping our entrenched emotional habit, we are rewiring our brain . we don;t have to react the same way, and we can feel more empowered to write our own story.

it is a journey, no doubt.

but we are all here, trying to withdraw from psych med. we all have our own tormenting thoughts that had haunted us to make us start taking these drugs in the first place.

you are not alone

lalala
9 hours ago, xyz said:

lalala, i meant to write more but ran out of time.

sorry i didn't mean to be dismissing. i went through what you went through, i immigrated to the US twenty years ago and was really lonely and had panic attack daily.

it was strange to me that some people would feel fine alone and can stay occupied while others would have a hard time.

i think having a job that you like is really important.

i also found a meditation group and started to meditate daily and made friends along the way.

try to find a spiritual group to give you support. it is hard enough to go through life alone, let alone if you have to withdraw from psych meds.

also until you develop more coping skills, understand your mind better, it might be best to stay on them for a bit more.

not to scare you, but loneliness is nothing compare to psych med withdrawal.

Xyz  unfortunately the drugs,  are not  doing anything  for me as I have anxiety  I wake up  a few times  with cortisol  or anxiety  it varies...I can't  handle  stress  very  well  lately   I  feel  alone in this process...  I moved homes and there still a lot to do...  The fatigue  is always  there...  I have no live because  of it almost I do the basics but still  feel body aches not always... Never had panic  attacks...  Mostly  anxiety  attacks and that was because  of ssri wd ...  Thxs to benzo as my body  wants more  never  had shortness of breath,  among other symptoms ..  I'm basically  wding  with  out  decreasing anything... I don't know  what will be when  I  start  the process...  I sometimes  wish I  would  have wd after a month...  The feeling  alone coming  from all this  and the unknown 

lalala
9 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

yes, they can. but emotions are temporary, they are not facts, and you need to watch how you think about them. for example, when I am lonely I often catching myself thinking "if I wasn't so stupid I wouldn't have moved around so much and I'd have a support system" "it's my fault for making stupid mistakes" and so on.

hopefully when you aren't doing that! 

love the Feeling Wheel, Chessie Cat

Thxs Jackie decides,  it's  true,  I feel  the drugs  have weaken me physically and mentally...  Anxiety  wakes me up 3-4am

Takes time if I do go back to sleep... So sleep  deprivation  brings depression  too.  Not on my best 

xyz
1 hour ago, lalala said:

Xyz  unfortunately the drugs,  are not  doing anything  for me as I have anxiety  I wake up  a few times  with cortisol  or anxiety  it varies...I can't  handle  stress  very  well  lately   I  feel  alone in this process...  I moved homes and there still a lot to do...  The fatigue  is always  there...  I have no live because  of it almost I do the basics but still  feel body aches not always... Never had panic  attacks...  Mostly  anxiety  attacks and that was because  of ssri wd ...  Thxs to benzo as my body  wants more  never  had shortness of breath,  among other symptoms ..  I'm basically  wding  with  out  decreasing anything... I don't know  what will be when  I  start  the process...  I sometimes  wish I  would  have wd after a month...  The feeling  alone coming  from all this  and the unknown 

lalala, re-read yourself. this wishing things to be different is part of your distorted thoughts.

after one month, i told you to withdraw, do you remember this? and you said that you were still unstable, and didn't want to get off the benzo.

when we look back, it is really easy to wish for things to be different. but the reality is that you were not ready.

accept things at they are right at this moment. 

today you are just tired, live for one day at a time. leave the worries for tomorrow.

and again, you are young, you have no kids, try to exercise.

what if today is the last day of your life? how would you like to live it?

would you worry about tomorrow? and withdrawing from meds?

what i usually do to focus on what I CAN DO is to make a list of what i would like to accomplish. and everyday, I do a little bit of it.

try it. don't focus on what limits you.

lalala
21 minutes ago, xyz said:

lalala, re-read yourself. this wishing things to be different is part of your distorted thoughts.

after one month, i told you to withdraw, do you remember this? and you said that you were still unstable, and didn't want to get off the benzo.

when we look back, it is really easy to wish for things to be different. but the reality is that you were not ready.

accept things at they are right at this moment. 

today you are just tired, live for one day at a time. leave the worries for tomorrow.

and again, you are young, you have no kids, try to exercise.

what if today is the last day of your life? how would you like to live it?

would you worry about tomorrow? and withdrawing from meds?

what i usually do to focus on what I CAN DO is to make a list of what i would like to accomplish. and everyday, I do a little bit of it.

try it. don't focus on what limits you.

I do that I focus,  maybe  I  will  feel  better  once  I'm settled  and start titration,  excerise   mindfulness... Regarding  the benzo I was recommended  to stabilize...  It did help the problem  was the setback of looking  for a home moving and I had to deal with alot of  setbacks. 

xyz

so you acknowledge that it was helpful for you to say on the benzo?

good! i am glad that you can look at it this way.

just take it easy.

lalala
57 minutes ago, xyz said:

so you acknowledge that it was helpful for you to say on the benzo?

good! i am glad that you can look at it this way.

just take it easy.

Yes and like you said I can't look back , I had setbacks which stopped me from taper... But now feels like im back to square one  with bad sleep, exhaustion hope it can improve, maybe getting off the drug can help me feel better? also have been going to  a gov. clinic for therapy but its not really helping me... expect for distraction.

xyz

setbacks are only temporary.

your brain will heal as long as you help it.

just don't add more fear and negative thinking whenever you are aware of doing that.