JackieDecides

JackieDecides: off Lexapro / escitalopram, tapering omeprazole

JackieDecides
On 9/11/2019 at 4:53 AM, Happy2Heal said:

my feeling is that sometimes "depression" is our body telling us we need to rest, and it's a good idea, IMHO to listen to our bodies

unless our body says eat an entire chocolate cake, then maybe we might want to argue with it about that

don't know how I missed this post!  yes, I have trouble trusting my body since eating cake and then more cake and then more cake is one of the things it sometimes thinks we should do. 🤨

5 hours ago, xyz said:

Try to set a healthy daily routine and stick to it no matter how you feel.

yes, this is key - don't let bad feelings lead to bad choices. 

thank you for your support!! 

Happy2Heal
5 minutes ago, JackieDecides said:

don't know how I missed this post!  yes, I have trouble trusting my body since eating cake and then more cake and then more cake is one of the things it sometimes thinks we should do. 🤨

your body told you to eat cake and more cake...? 😂

ok I take it back, don't always listen to your body, it's misleading you lol

but  hey, once in a while a bit of a treat is a good thing. ;)

JackieDecides

I have been too busy to even feel grateful let alone post a list lately. that's good, actually, since I am earning more money. I am grateful to earn more money! 

a healthy eating guru I got to hear speak in person and really like is Doctor Ann. She always has science to back up what she preaches and here she is talking about food and mood.  

the short version?  you know, if you don't have 4 minutes to listen?  eat more fruits and vegetables to feel better! 

Longestroadhome

I agree that more fruits and veg is an important part of taking care of our body. I’ll have to watch this lady, it sounds interesting. I’m listening to a lot by Valter Longo right now, he is a longevity expert and encourages fasting.

. You have been off lexapro slightly longer than me. It’s a long journey isn’t it!

JackieDecides

yes, it really is.

I think I haven't yet made it back to "healthy" more because of the decades of not taking care of life because of not caring (bcause of the AD) than because of the physical damage to my brain from the AD, but it's hard to know for sure.

but all those years I didn't care that I wasn't making a family, a social network, wasn't saving for retirement or otherwise planning ahead, THAT'S what I'm bogged down by now. otherwise, I'd have posted my "success" thread already!

whatever the reason, it is a long road.