SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ JackieDecides: off Lexapro / escitalopram, tapering omeprazole

JackieDecides

I now live in Colorado and a lot of things that were very stressful are now behind me: the moving sale, getting out of the house, the drive here.  the last couple hours of the drive were SO tense, first the serious mountain driving (not too bad) and then the traffic in Denver (horrible) and I'm afraid the afternoon I got here my first move was to go buy a bottle of wine. That was Saturday and then yesterday I did better, got to work and started to do my back exercises again.

Now to unpack, adjust to my new roommate, do all the odds & ends of moving like get register my car here and, the biggest one, find a job. and a doctor. and a dentist. 🤔

I am feeling the altitude change, I figure I went up 1400 or more feet and I really tire out fast. also jumped ahead an hour so it's like having to go on Daylight Savings Time all over again.  I slept last night but had to get up for the bathroom five times I think. ☹️ I am kind of exhausted this morning.

but Neroli reminds me to be grateful for the good things and she is right. 

I am SO glad for my new roommate - she is a wonderful person and also inspiring in many ways. I am so lucky she is willing to share her home with me.

I am back in a big city and it's been a long time. lots more opportunities and options and choices. I need to get a map, though, using my phone only doesn't cut it.

I love this climate - it's about the same as where I lived before (on the Sunny Side of a big mountain range) and that's good.. 

I have a much better grasp of priorities than I used to, I think. I do find myself getting anxious (sigh) and worrying and having catastrophic thinking (this will NEVER work) but at least I am learning coping skills. I feel like I never used to have any! 

the mountains and the sky and the neighborhood here are all beautiful. and it's SPRING! 😍

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

one big problem I have is I don't want to dump on my new roommate and it's hard not to. we are old friends getting re-acquainted and she has health problems, maybe worse than mine it's hard to compare. but she has a lot of challenges and was kind enough to let me move in with her.

I have to try very hard not to talk about myself and my problems and my moods constantly - it's a real struggle. 

this morning I feel overwhelmed with everything and I can't believe how hard everything is to understand. like, I have to re-title my car before I can register it and there are so many steps and I can't believe how hard it all is.

my roommate works at home, too, so I can do what I am used to when frustrated which is pace around and talk loudly to myself and wave my arms!

I am so anxious!! 

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• Administrator

One step at a time, Jackie, don't forget the deep breathing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello JD

You've got through so much I the past month or two - I cannot imagine having the energy or emotional strength to do what you have done.  Well done on many fronts - you have moved a mountain!

It's good that you feel you are in the right place for you now - in time, you will develop an understanding relationship with your roommate , you never know she may want to talk about her problems to you and you can have a mutual support thing.  

I'm just so in awe of what you have achieved.

Best of the best for getting settled and then making moves to find work.

xxx Neroli 💜

2006 Citalopram 20mg on and off to 2013.  April 2013 - July 2014  Sertraline, Venlafaxine, Fluoxetine, Mirtazapine v. bad reactions. July 2014 - CT Mirtazapine.  July 2014 - February 2016 Medication free, long term w/d.  February - July 2016 Fluoxetine.  Medication free, long term w/d syndrome.  2017 Jan physical breakdown.

2017 February - March Escitalopram, Nortriptyline instated.  Lorazepam, Zopiclone PRN.  April 2017 Lithium Carbonate 250mg 1 wk. 14 August 2017 finish cross to Diazepam 22.5mg daily, stop Zopiclone

Tapers:

Diazepam 

2017 21 August - 30 Dec 21.25mg to 14.5mg 2018 6 Jan - 11 May to 12mg.  2 June updose to 12.25mg - hold. 2019 (0.5mg cuts) 12 Jan - 28 Dec 12mg to 10mg 2020 (0.25mg cuts) - 25 Jan - 29 Dec 9.75mg to 6.25mg 2021 *May have bungled dose and accidentally took 1mg more for about a month (7.25mg), so 4 Jan started again at 6.5mg; 19 Jan 6.25mg; 1 Feb 6.0mg; 23 Feb 5.75mg; 9 Mar 5.5mg; 23 Mar 5.25mg; 9 Apr 5.0mg; 6 May 4.75mg; 13 May 4.5mg; 6 Jun 4mg; 12 July 3.5mg; 2 sep 3.0mg; 15 Sep 2.5mg; 1 Nov 2mg; 15 Nov 1.5mg; 16 Dec 1mg; 26 Dec 0.5mg; 2022 1 Jan - OFF

Escitalopram - 2022 1 Mar to 9mg; 29 Mar 8mg; 24 May 7mg; 21 Jun 5mg; 19 Jul 4mg; 1 Sep 3mg; 23 Sep 2.5mg; 31 Oct 1.5mg; 22 Nov 0.5mg; 2023 1 Jan 0.25mg; 1 Mar OFF

Nortriptyline  2018 90mg to 2020 1 Dec down to 72.5mg; 2021 20 May 70mg; 8 Jun 67.5mg; 24 Jun 65mg; 31 July 60mg; 12 Oct 55mg; 23 Oct 50mg; 2022 13 Jan 40mg; 22 Jan 30mg; 29 Mar 20mg; 26 Apr 10mg; 3 Aug 5mg; 23 Sep 2.5mg; 2023 1 Jan - OFF

1 March 2023 - off all drugs - 6-year taper off three drugs.

• Mentor

wow Jackie, you did it!! what a huge and exhausting and scary thing to do, to pack up and move so far away, not being sure what awaits you on the other end.

I am sure it feels overwhelming, but just take one day at a time... prioritize what needs to be done first, time constrained things like the stuff with your car and whatnot, and let everything else go.

I know how hard that is, but it helps. Just remind yourself of how strong and capable you are (and you most definitely ARE!) 

let the negative thoughts slide away like they're on teflon, and let any good thoughts stick like velcro in your mind.

you're doing amazing!  

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

thank you all for the kind words, I know things could be a lot worse and that they are going to get better. and, after all when things get hard "I can do hard things". 😍

I had nightmares last night (but at least I slept!) and woke up to 2 inches of snow and it's still coming down heavily (!!) but I don't have to go anywhere and I made hot herbal tea and I just need to bring my snow boots in from the garage to warm up and I can take a walk. 

again, thank you. 

You made a huge change.   Remember Self-care, Jackie.    You may experience a little crash, now that the worst of the move is over.  Take time each day to rest and be good to yourself.   

Hugs,

G.

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

1 hour ago, Gracee said:

You may experience a little crash, now that the worst of the move is over

thanks, Gracee, I do feel I am extra...fragile.  I'm going to assume that is temporary! 🙂

now the biggest problem to face is to find a job. every step, even just thinking about updating my resume (I worked on it last week and need to do more) is making me anxious. 

😐

• Mentor

you'll be fine. you're a strong, confident, caring, and talented woman! you've got a lot to offer, anyone would be glad to have you working for them.

if it feels a bit overwhelming at times, just remind yourself of all the other challenges you've faced and met and gotten thru and done just fine....

You Got This!!! 

how do you like your new living arrangements?

don't forget to take time to focus on the good things that are happening, it really helps in several ways: it makes you feel better overall, and you'll find yourself noticing more and more good things.

This helps give you strength to face the tough stuff and reminds you that overall, life is generally more good stuff than bad ;)

that's my pep talk for today! now to get dinner made :D

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
3 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

don't forget to take time to focus on the good things that are happening

oh, all the time and every day; it's one of those things I have (if only through desperation) made into a habit. 

there are a few bumps in the living arrangements but most of them are due to me used to having both a LOT more room and me getting away with being very disorganized, so it's no doubt a change for the better. 

thank you for your kind words! 🤗

Hi popping in...wondering about your omeprazole taper. I would like to do this (on it for years) although I am not sure what the ill effects of this drug are. Can you tell me a bit about it?

2001- Klonopin 0.125 mg.  2011- increase to 1 mg.  2018- increase to 1.5 mg 

2010- Trials of SSRI's, several.

2011- Saphris 5 mg. CT. 6/2017- retry Saphris 5 mg sublingual, begin taper August 2020 10% taper with scale, and final taper liquid sublingual, August 2019- taper complete!

2011- Geodon 20 mg. Begin taper Sept 2019. 10% liquid taper. 2020: December-5 mg. 2021: Jan-4.5mg. (held Feb.for vacation). March-4mg. Apr-3.6mg. May-3.2mg. June-2.8mg. (Held July for vacation). Aug-2.4mg. Sept.- 2.2mg. Oct. 2mg. Dec 2022 - Taper complete!

2011- Gabapentin 300 mg to present- 2020. Increase 2023 to 400mg.

2014- Vyvanse 20 mg, 2020- Vyvanse 5 mg. Increase August 2022 20mg

2016- Lithium 300 mg, June 2016 - FT.

2017- Cogentin 0.5 mg. June-August 2019- off Cogentin.

2021 - Hydroxyzine 30mg. Holding.

Omeprazole 20 mg and holding, Omega 3's/fish oil, Magnesium

oh, dear, I need to update my signature and I wonder if I can change the name of my thread. 

@DMV64 (do you work for the DMV? I just got my Colorado plates and DL) I have made zero progress since I joined this forum. My situation is odd in that I have had weight loss surgery (vertical sleeve gastrectomy) and that can made acid reflux much worse. So for 10 years I was on a double dose of omeprozole and so far I went down to 1/2 a pill AM and still a whole pill PM and am also taking another OTC pill, too. so zero progress. 🙄

I think I am sleeping more but also having nightmares and having much more trouble getting going in the morning. Overall I'm hoping it's good but it's so inconvenient. 

This move was such a huge change. No job, most of my "stuff" is gone, living with someone in her house adjusting to her routines. She works at home so I am pretty much never alone here.

I guess given all that I am doing pretty well?

I keep thinking if I just get a job I will feel so much better but the whole time I keep thinking the next step is the charm. "if I just..." get the moving sale over with, get out of the house, get to Colorado...the fact is, there isn't a real "ending" in this change. I just have to accept where I am, right now.  ACCEPTANCE is hard! 

I started seeing a new concierge doctor yesterday and he suggested me taking Deplin so I am reading up about that and - oh, good - SA has a thread about it. 😊

oh, hell, the thread about Deplin is making me anxious. or the fact that it is snowing and I promised to drive somebody somewhere and the traffic here scares me. I hate to back out but am thinking she should just take a taxi, it's not like she can't afford it. I wish I had told her yesterday.  but the Deplin thread, too, because I have anxiety about many of the issues mentioned like cardiac and taking PPIs and I forget what-all. 😟

RANT:  how am I supposed to get a job when I can't think?? it's been a week and a half and I made one new resume and applied for two jobs with it plus Cosco, which doesn't take a resume. Now I need to make/ finish two more resumes for 2 different kinds of jobs I will be applying for. it takes me FOREVER to write/rewrite them. 

I started fish oil yesterday so I guess I had better not start B12 again as well...my new doctor sent me home with a sample of Deplin which I think I won't take for now. I see him again in 3 weeks. I didn't understand why he wanted me to take it when the sample was small enough he said it wouldn't be enough to tell if it helped - but I think he said he was going to give me more information about it and couldn't find it, but he found a sample and that at least we could find out if it made my stomach hurt. I'm a bit unclear about this. but I think maybe I should have the test first? I wonder what the cash price is for the test. 

ETA:  I JUST realized why I have been putting off updating my signature here: it's just the same as working on my resumes: all the dates and the thinking! 😋

I'm going to do it RIGHT NOW! 

OK, my signature is updated if not necessarily any more clear. I can't tell.

@Altostrata  I am feeling more than a little needy this morning.  since I just started on fish oil yesterday,  should I not also take more D3? I had been taking 2000 IU but bumped it up to 5000 yesterday after seeing my new doctor and just realized maybe I shouldn't make two changes at once. 

I really don't want to drive this morning in the snow and the traffic. :blink:

why do the boldings/italics I put in my signature not show up?

Edited by JackieDecides
ask question about signature

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

I shouldn't make two changes at once. 

It's best to make only one change at a time so you can gauge the effects.  You might want to back down on the D to your previous 2000 while you settle in with the omega.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

thank you, Gridley. 

• Mentor

how are you doing today Jackie?

you've got a lot of changes in your life and a lot to process, while still recovering...

you are really doing great.

it's ONLY been a week and a half and look at all you've done. it's such a big change, give yourself time to settle in and adjust. 

I know it doesn't feel that way or seem that way but for all that you've got going on, you're handling it so well.

thank you, Happy2Heal, I do forget it will only be 2 weeks tomorrow since I've been here so the fact that I'm not used to the traffic or unpacked/organized isn't so surprising.

my biggest accomplishment is I made 2 new resumes (for two types of jobs, neither of which I even know if I could handle for sure right now) and I want to do one more before today is over that will be for "non-skilled" jobs. I need to be working soon as much for the routine and getting out of the house as for money! 

things WILL get better because of course they will.

• Administrator

Hi, Jackie.

Don't worry about MTHFR and folate, eat fresh vegetables.

It's best to take some vitamin E with fish oil, it keeps the omega-3s circulating. 400IU vitamin E per day is sufficient.

If the weather is bad, you might want to supplement a bit of vitamin D3 because you're not getting sun. Vit D3 is a daytime vitamin, take it early in the day. You might find it stimulating. As Gridley reminded, see how you do with the increased omega-3s before you add in D3.

Omega-3s are best taken in divided doses throughout the day.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

On 5/10/2019 at 12:32 PM, Altostrata said:

eat fresh vegetables.

I will try.

It's best to take some vitamin E with fish oil

good info, thank you

Omega-3s are best taken in divided doses throughout the day.

again, good info, I asked my doctor if I should take it at a certain time or with food and he said it didn't matter.  doesn't mean he is right.

Don't worry about MTHFR

@Altostrata     you don't think it's worth taking the test?  

Not that I am going to have health insurance any time soon, it looks like.  Even though I have only been job hunting for the two weeks I've been here I was very sad this morning to get an email telling me one company that had liked my resume enough to send me an "online assessment" had scored it and decided there was no reason to go forward with an interview.

It's one of those companies that is always hiring and after taking the assessment I failed I had felt really good about it. so I was "counting my chickens" and am very disappointed. ☹️

I got out for some sun and exercise in Garden of the Gods this weekend and should feel great about it but...I really don't.  So, back to job hunting while not feeling great. 

On 5/7/2019 at 9:34 AM, JackieDecides said:

so zero progress

Oh how frustrating! I have many drugs to come off of so I am trying to just take it a day at atime.

2001- Klonopin 0.125 mg.  2011- increase to 1 mg.  2018- increase to 1.5 mg 

2010- Trials of SSRI's, several.

2011- Saphris 5 mg. CT. 6/2017- retry Saphris 5 mg sublingual, begin taper August 2020 10% taper with scale, and final taper liquid sublingual, August 2019- taper complete!

2011- Geodon 20 mg. Begin taper Sept 2019. 10% liquid taper. 2020: December-5 mg. 2021: Jan-4.5mg. (held Feb.for vacation). March-4mg. Apr-3.6mg. May-3.2mg. June-2.8mg. (Held July for vacation). Aug-2.4mg. Sept.- 2.2mg. Oct. 2mg. Dec 2022 - Taper complete!

2011- Gabapentin 300 mg to present- 2020. Increase 2023 to 400mg.

2014- Vyvanse 20 mg, 2020- Vyvanse 5 mg. Increase August 2022 20mg

2016- Lithium 300 mg, June 2016 - FT.

2017- Cogentin 0.5 mg. June-August 2019- off Cogentin.

2021 - Hydroxyzine 30mg. Holding.

Omeprazole 20 mg and holding, Omega 3's/fish oil, Magnesium

• Administrator
2 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

you don't think it's worth taking the test?  

Unless you have serious heart problems or in a high-risk pregnancy with certain symptoms, it's not worth taking an MTHFR test. Eat fresh leafy greens.

Hello Jackie

Hope you're getting more settled in your new home and in the new surroundings.  I think it's amazing that you were able to do your resumes - even in the best of health I find them very challenging and frustrating - great achievement.

Take time to let yourself settle, it's a big move you made (another amazing accomplishment).

Wishing you all the best

Neroli 💜

2006 Citalopram 20mg on and off to 2013.  April 2013 - July 2014  Sertraline, Venlafaxine, Fluoxetine, Mirtazapine v. bad reactions. July 2014 - CT Mirtazapine.  July 2014 - February 2016 Medication free, long term w/d.  February - July 2016 Fluoxetine.  Medication free, long term w/d syndrome.  2017 Jan physical breakdown.

2017 February - March Escitalopram, Nortriptyline instated.  Lorazepam, Zopiclone PRN.  April 2017 Lithium Carbonate 250mg 1 wk. 14 August 2017 finish cross to Diazepam 22.5mg daily, stop Zopiclone

Tapers:

Diazepam 

2017 21 August - 30 Dec 21.25mg to 14.5mg 2018 6 Jan - 11 May to 12mg.  2 June updose to 12.25mg - hold. 2019 (0.5mg cuts) 12 Jan - 28 Dec 12mg to 10mg 2020 (0.25mg cuts) - 25 Jan - 29 Dec 9.75mg to 6.25mg 2021 *May have bungled dose and accidentally took 1mg more for about a month (7.25mg), so 4 Jan started again at 6.5mg; 19 Jan 6.25mg; 1 Feb 6.0mg; 23 Feb 5.75mg; 9 Mar 5.5mg; 23 Mar 5.25mg; 9 Apr 5.0mg; 6 May 4.75mg; 13 May 4.5mg; 6 Jun 4mg; 12 July 3.5mg; 2 sep 3.0mg; 15 Sep 2.5mg; 1 Nov 2mg; 15 Nov 1.5mg; 16 Dec 1mg; 26 Dec 0.5mg; 2022 1 Jan - OFF

Escitalopram - 2022 1 Mar to 9mg; 29 Mar 8mg; 24 May 7mg; 21 Jun 5mg; 19 Jul 4mg; 1 Sep 3mg; 23 Sep 2.5mg; 31 Oct 1.5mg; 22 Nov 0.5mg; 2023 1 Jan 0.25mg; 1 Mar OFF

Nortriptyline  2018 90mg to 2020 1 Dec down to 72.5mg; 2021 20 May 70mg; 8 Jun 67.5mg; 24 Jun 65mg; 31 July 60mg; 12 Oct 55mg; 23 Oct 50mg; 2022 13 Jan 40mg; 22 Jan 30mg; 29 Mar 20mg; 26 Apr 10mg; 3 Aug 5mg; 23 Sep 2.5mg; 2023 1 Jan - OFF

5 hours ago, neroli said:

I think it's amazing that you were able to do your resumes - even in the best of health I find them very challenging and frustrating - great achievement.

thank you. the thing is they aren't very good and I need to do better. 

I do have one job interview today (on the phone) and after that I need to really get busy. Everything is so much harder than I expected it would be and I don't think that is going to go away even after I get a job. 

real life with feelings: it's hard. 

• Mentor
4 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

thank you. the thing is they aren't very good and I need to do better. 

I do have one job interview today (on the phone) and after that I need to really get busy. Everything is so much harder than I expected it would be and I don't think that is going to go away even after I get a job. 

real life with feelings: it's hard. 

It certainly is hard! Good luck with the interview

R

= medication taken now

2007 quetiapine to March 2019 200mg

2019 quetiapine March to present 225mg 

2007 citalopram to present 40mg 
2018 March Abilify 5mg  
2019 Abilify February rapid taper over 3 weeks from 5mg to off

2019 March Clonazepam as required, taken very occasionally, then taken 0.5mg for 2 days 28th and 29th March, now phased out

2019 1st April reinstated Abilify 0.5mg / day 

2018 to 2020 Liquid B12 2g twice daily (diagnosed B12 deficiency) 

2020 July reduced quetiapine to 200mg

2022 October began taper of Abilify

I hesitate to post this but I did get offered the job. Everyone around me congratulates me and so forth but it is a job I really don't want. it is low pay, second shift (that will mess with my sleep, which has been going so much better), and stressful

however! I think I can do it anyway and hopefully it won't be for long. it's even possible I could get another job before it starts, which is not until June 10th. (they have such high turnover they have a training class every month and just started one)

things I am grateful for this morning:

I live in a beautiful state and this week I was able to walk 4 miles. I got tired, but I could do it.

I have enough money to get by, a place to live, enough food, and a car that is paid off.

I have a chance to re-organize my entire life with more order and simplicity. I'm struggling with it but I can do it. 

there are lots of jobs out there and I can get anther, better one, at some point. maybe even soon. 

I had insomnia last night BUT it's been a lot better generally and I did get in a good 4.5 hours. that's so much better than nothing! 

there is a job on the federal website (usajobs.gov) that I am qualified except it's not open to the public. a woman who knows about all things military (even though she is a civilian she has worked for them a lot over the years) says I can apply as a disabled person. I am very stressed about trying it but am going to anyway. I have been disabled, it's true, although I hope it is temporary. but it's a scary layer on top of not knowing how the job would be anyway - working for the army would be so different from anything I've done before! I know this is why I had trouble sleeping last night, just thinking not even about the job but the application process. I'm all 😮 about every part of it , but I have to try. 

On 5/19/2019 at 12:10 AM, JackieDecides said:

I did get offered the job. Everyone around me congratulates me and so forth but it is a job I really don't want. it is low pay, second shift (that will mess with my sleep, which has been going so much better), and stressful

This is so encouraging, JackieDecides, you are able to get work.

On 5/19/2019 at 12:10 AM, JackieDecides said:

there are lots of jobs out there and I can get anther, better one, at some point. maybe even soon.

and you can see possibilities for other, perhaps more suitable work.  Great news.

I admire you for getting yourself out there so soon after your move and in spite of the drug damage effects.

Best wishes to you

Neroli 💜

Tapers:

Diazepam 

thank you, Neroli, I appreciate your supportive words.

I got my shift changed to days which means my two days off won't be in a row (Wednesdays and Sundays off) but I think that's better than working evenings just when sleep has been going so well for me. it's 75 cents less an hour but that's not as important as sleep, right? 

I found a job to apply for with the army (!) but it is not open to the public. it is, however, open to people with disabilities and while I would not have thought of this by myself an internet friend with experience working as a civilian for the military tells me I can "self identify" as such due to my anxiety. 

so I am going to try this but it's kind of strange and worrisome (like everything is, of course :huh:) and if anyone has any advice about this I'd appreciate it.  If you don't know about this, can you think of anyone who does? my plan is just not to lie about anything so what could go wrong?  @Altostrata

• Administrator

I think it's a good idea to nurture your sleep, Jackie. As for the job with the Army, all you can do is try and see what happens.

I have found since moving out of state I am sleeping MORE (that has to be good, right?) but I wake up more often and I have very vivid dreams. don't know what that's about but I think, overall, it's a good thing. 

I have a hypnosis CD I frequently listen to when I go to sleep and one of the things she says on it is that my subconscious is listening no matter if I pay attention or not or if I fall asleep.

I don't think this is true. It feels like hypnosis only helps if I am awake and paying attention to it.  

• Mentor
On 5/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, JackieDecides said:

I got my shift changed to days which means my two days off won't be in a row (Wednesdays and Sundays off) but I think that's better than working evenings just when sleep has been going so well for me. it's 75 cents less an hour but that's not as important as sleep, right? 

oh I'm glad you were able to get the shift changed, I think sleep is very important for recovery.

I have a friend who was raised in the military, all army, I believe, I will ask her if she knows anything about that sort of position you mentioned. she may know something about it. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/15/2018 at 12:29 AM, JackieDecides said:

thank you for posting this as I have many, many supplements and Ashwaganda is one of them. I have the True Veda brand but don't find anything when I search on it at consumer labs...? 

I know I need to stop taking new and more pills and just cut back to a couple and only add stuff one at a time as the good people here suggest. but I can't help feeling "I paid for this, it's a waste not to take it" 🙄

Just want to make sure that you see this post:

4 minutes ago, JanCarol said:

@JackieDecides  If you can't find your brand on Consumer Labs, and you are concerned about potency, then choose one of the brands which are on the list.

Consumer Labs has revised their Ashwaganda report.  They said that 3 cases in Iceland with NOW brand Ashwaganda (the one I use) have resulted in liver injury and elevated enzymes.  2 cases in the USA, one with NOW, one with Nature's Plus.

It is now not recommended for people with liver disease.  I'll be tapering off it, not because I have liver disease specifically, but that I have fatty liver, and was on enough drugs that my liver is probably not happy with me.  Many of us are probably in this boat, as a lot of the drugs are metabolised in the liver.

It is also not recommended for people with kidney disease, so I'm definitely coming off it, since my kidneys have not been the same since lithium.

Consumer Labs emphasises that these cases are rare, but they err on the side of caution.

In general, the fewer supplements you can take, the better.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

thank you, @ChessieCat I had not seen your post.

when I moved to Colorado I left behind 90% of the supplements I had bought including Ashwaganda, so that was probably good. 

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for stopping by my thread. I know that the brain fog and cognitive issues can be one of the most frustrating aspects of withdrawal, but you seem to be dealing with it amazingly well. 

Good job with the move! I read somewhere that moves can be just as traumatic as the loss of a loved one so go easy on yourself. 

Peace, love and healing. 

PatriciaVP@AbleWriterSays My Intro

Zoloft 150-200 mg- on and off between 1998 and 2004.

Lexapro 40 mg - 2004-2013 30 mg 2013 - August 2015 20 mg August 2015- September 2015 15 mg September 2015 - October 2015 10 mg October 2015 -Nov. 1 2015. Nov. 2015 increased dose to 12.5 mg to stabilize. Dec. 28 2015 11.25 mg March 29, 2016 10 mg. August 1, 2016 9 mg. October 23, 2016 8.1 mg. Nov. 29, 2016 7.5 mg. Feb. 25, 2017 7 mg. April 9, 2017 6.5 mg. June 2017 6 mg. Aug. 2018 5.75 mg March 2019 5.5 mg Apr. 2019 5.25 mg. June 2019 5 mg Sept. 2019 4.75 mg Nov. 2019 4.5 mg Dec. 2019  4.25 April 7 2020 4mg 

Depakote 1000 mg 2008-2013  750 2013-Dec 2015 500 mg Dec 2015 to Feb 2, 2016. Sopped completely Feb 2 2016.

Adderall 40mg 2004-Feb 29, 2016. Feb 29,2016 - reduced Adderall to 20 mg based on pdoc's recommendations. March 29, 2016 - Reduced Adderall to 15 mg. April 30 reduced Adderall to 10 mgs. May 28, 2016 reduced Adderall to 5 mgs.June 8, 2016 stopped taking Adderall due to extreme agitation.

Amphetamine 20mg 2008 - 1/16. 1/16 - Stopped Amphetamine completely because pdoc did not renew script.

WWW.PSYCHFREE.NET