Well done!

xyz
8 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

I survived my first day at my new job!!!  😊

kuddos!

see...

was it worth all the stress?

JackieDecides

are you saying the stress is optional? because it doesn't seem like that....I try NOT to stress as much as possible, I really do. 

I hope to get better at it.

today I am grateful I know my new manager and what the facility looks like and should know at least somebody on my schedule today. maybe more than one. so it will be better than yesterday. 

I got good sleep again last night and I am very grateful for that. honestly think I got at least 7 hours, maybe even 7 1/2? that's great. that should never get old! 

xyz
19 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

are you saying the stress is optional? because it doesn't seem like that....I try NOT to stress as much as possible, I really do. 

No it is not... Sorry if I made it sound this way. This is something that I usually ask myself after fact and try to remember for the next time.

You will see that once you settle down in your living and working situation,  things will get a lot better.

And you seem to find work easily (to me) so this is re assuring, right?

Glad you were able to sleep. Hope this will be more and more of a trend from now on.

JackieDecides

Day 3 at my new job, the first two went okay but after I got home I sort of fell apart: one day I had potato chips and chocolate covered pretzels for dinner, and last night I had wine. 

So, not ideal behavior.

My goal for today is pretty easy: after work don't have any candy or wine.

And hopefully get in a walk as soon as it cools off.

Today I'm grateful that I'm not back at the jobs I had in Colorado! They were harder than this and lower pay.

10 hours ago, xyz said:

And you seem to find work easily (to me) so this is re assuring, right?

This was true in Colorado Springs but the jobs were minimum wage and I couldn't survive on them.

This job is for real! 😲

there is a big change in the way Medicare pays for therapy in nursing homes coming up October, and there's probably going to be a lot fewer therapy jobs at that point.

So I really need to make this work!!!

RichT

Hi Jackie,

i’d just like to say ‘well done’ - you’re coping with so much change at once it would be difficult for anyone to manage, let alone someone suffering from wd!

Rich

JackieDecides

today I am grateful that I have a big tomato grown at work (by the therapy patients) to eat. it tastes so much better than any from a store. 

I am grateful for how beautiful this neighborhood is: huge healthy trees, some amazing gardens to see, no two houses are the same or even close. 

work is going OK. I'm not so great at home but hopefully that's temporary. work is OK and that's more important right now. 

Happy2Heal

glad that work is going well!! yay!!

and happy you got a nice fresh tomato, yay!!!

and it won't be long before your new place feels more like home

you're doing wonderful, staying grateful in the face of all this stress and all the changes you've gone thru.