JackieDecides

JackieDecides: off Lexapro, tapering omeprazole

JackieDecides

thank you all for the kind thoughts, my house and day and life seem incredibly empty right now. every routine is off, most of the objects here remind me of her. I also keep thinking I hear the jingle her tags made when she shook herself.

I'm not making any decisions, just washing dog blankets and kind of making things tidy.  I found out Bunny's end of the couch is actually more comfortable than the one I've been using for years as my weight has made it sag and the footrest doesn't work right. so I am moving down to her end. 

again, thank you. 

Gracee

Oh god Jackie.  I wish I could give your a hug.   I don't cry but am choking back tears.   

Carmie

Hi Jackie, 

I just read your post. I really am so sorry that you lost your dog, that’s heartbreaking. I want to send you lots of hugs🤗🤗🤗🤗

JackieDecides

thank you both!  although it's hard, I had been thinking of maybe relocating or at least downsizing and there is no doubt moving is easier without a pet. 

I have a couple hard weeks to get through with work but Spring weather should be here by the end of the week and thing are going to get easier, I just know it. 

I have considered just renting a room in someone's house and even being a live-in caregiver!  I took care of my Mom at the end of her life and it was the last time I felt consistently useful. you'd think have a job in therapy wouldn't have busy-work but it sure does. anyway, lots to do and think about. 

there's times I think I can never have another dog if for not other reason than the vet bills which is heart-breaking BUT someone pointed out I could foster and then the shelter pays the bills, that could work for me. 

Carmie

Hi Jackie, 

I hope all goes well with your downsizing or relocating, and yes, fostering dogs is a lovely idea, but at the same time still a lot of work when you’re not feeling well. There are pros and cons to everything, aren’t there?  I’ve watched YouTube videos where they foster dogs, they always need people to help.

Wishing you all the best with your future plans💚

Gracee

Hi Jackie,   Fostering a dog is a wonderful idea.   The companionship will be priceless. Wishing you the best if you decide to relocate.   I know you are not happy with weather conditions where you live

xyz

jacky, i am so sorry about your dog.

i hope that whatever you are feeling right now will pass soon...

sending you hugs!

neroli

Hello JD

So sorry to hear about your dog.  Very sad.

On 3/12/2019 at 2:57 AM, JackieDecides said:

I have a couple hard weeks to get through with work but Spring weather should be here by the end of the week and thing are going to get easier, I just know it. 

Good, bring on Spring and making driving easier for you.

Sending you best wishes

xxx Neroli 💜

JackieDecides

I know I need to update my signature as it's not current but I am too tired and down tonight.

I have been having high blood pressure and my doctor increased my Ramipril from 5 mg a day to 5 mg twice a day.  the nice thing is, the anxiety I'd been having (which had gone down some from last month when it was 24/7 😕)    pretty much went away. 

but now I am depressed. I was a bit and then lost my dog so that's natural, but it seems to be worse the last two nights. I hope my body adjusts to the new dosage soon.  I just took my BP and it is down to  137/77  which is really good for me. last week I would come home from week, do some relaxation and deep breathing and then take it and it would be 155/95. 😧   I have had it for decades, though, I don't think it's anything to do with going off lexapro. 

I have been getting more used to my dog being gone but it's still very hard to come home to an empty house. 

RusTW

Hi Jackie I just wanted to say hi and wish you a good day today. It's nice we got warm weather now right. I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Sending you positive vibes I hope you start feeling better soon wishing you some good windows

JackieDecides

this morning I got anxious because my weight continues to go down, unplanned. when I saw my doctor last week she was a bit worried about it but I said I thought the loss had stopped. but it hasn't.  it might just be the anxiety, don't you think?

this afternoon an old friend said yes to my asking if we could be roommates!  this is excellent news, as I think what I need more than anything is to not be living alone. 

but this means relocating out of state and I've decided I am just going to take what I can fit in my little car - getting rid of 99% of what I currently own. a bit scary! so I am all wound up about that. 

but it's good news, in general. I needed a new job anyway, might as well look in a big city as in this little one where I couldn't find anywhere affordable to live and where I only have acquaintances, not a real friend. 

Carmie

Hi JackieDecides,

Wishing you all the best with your move. I’m happy you will be moving in with your friend. Your spirits sound like they have lifted a bit.

Take care💚