Needtoheal30: 13 months withdrawal intrusive thoughts

Needtoheal30

Hey there I’m new to this site I been struggling for almost 13 months from 3 weeks of antidepressant and 22 months from benzodiazepines total . I was feeling okay for 4 5 months then I took antidepressants for 3 weeks then boom I get hit with crazy sexual and violent intrusive thoughts crazy stuff dr dp hit me after 2 months of that.i feel much better now but I still get waves and windows. I really don’t now if this is withdrawal or what sometimes dp gets bad  sexual intrusive thoughts and violent get bad I feel 90% on windows anyone heard of this stuff?? Need help now 

2013 to December 2016 Xanax  6-8 mg would not take daily would stop Xanax for a week or so then start again.                                           August 2017 8 months into withdrawal  took doxepin  for 1 week and remron then stoped. Then withdrawal started like crazy 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Needtoheal30: 13 months withdrawal intrusive thoughts
  • Administrator

Welcome, Needtoheal.

What antidepressant were you taking, at what dosage? When did you go off drugs? How did you go off?

What are your symptoms now, apart from intrusive thoughts?

See The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Neuro-emotions

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I took them for 1 week  then got hit crazy with withdrawal mane unbelievable.I was reading about adverse reaction mostly intrusive thoughts some dr dp insomnia dreams. 

2013 to December 2016 Xanax  6-8 mg would not take daily would stop Xanax for a week or so then start again.                                           August 2017 8 months into withdrawal  took doxepin  for 1 week and remron then stoped. Then withdrawal started like crazy 

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Altostrata said:

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

We ask all members to create a drug signature.  Please follow these guidelines:

Please include the following information.  Please be as accurate as possible about the dates and doses.  Please make it nice simple by following these instructions (NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you).  Please update it whenever you make a change:

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

This link takes you straight to your own drug signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Any advice anyone ??

I took doxepin for 1 week and Remron is it possible to have withdrawal symptoms after only 1 week of this drug ?? Need help 

How did you react to the doxepin and then how did you react to the remron (please check the spelling on that one so we know what you actually took)?

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

The Remron wasn’t bad from what I remember. After I took the doxepin started feeling out of it dr,anxiety then intrusive thoughts started coming like crazy. I was arlready in Benzo withdrawal but wasn’t even noticeable intall I took those antidepressants 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Can you have adverse reactions from doxepin?
  • Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Needtoheal30 said:

I took doxepin for 1 week and Remron is it possible to have withdrawal symptoms after only 1 week of this drug ?? Need help 

This post has been merged from a new topic but has ended up before BrassMonkey's response.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

How did you come off the xanax. slow taper, fast taper, CT?

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I came off it ct I felt a lil withdrawal it bothered me but wasn’t that severe really new nothing about withdrawal 

What you're feeling is pretty normal for the situation.  When a person  comes off of any psych med cold turkey it leaves their body in a highly sensitized state.  The CT is also usually followed by a "honeymoon period" that will last from a few weeks to several months before there is a major crash.  It appears that the end of your honeymoon period corresponded with the use of the ADs.  So the start up of the ADs, the end of the honeymoon and the highly sensitized body all added up to give you a really bad experience.  The benzo CT alone will take more than 13 months to resolve, throw the AD start up and stop on top of it and it's going to be a while before things get back to normal.

I think you've already read my essay "Are We There Yet....." That pretty well sums up what is happening.

Brassmonkey

Ye thanks a lot for ur advice i read ur post are we there yet about 100 times already lool. So you think i had a adverse reaction to the ad ? Or just the CT  or both .you think 2 to 4 years normally u recover from this.  You helping people is amazing your great person . God bless u