Adili13

Need support please beause I'm feeling discouraged

Adili13

Just really feeling discouraged and hopeless with where I am at. Was wondering if there was anyone I could talk to try and lift my spirits up a bit

anthony 

sadandconfused

Hello, 

I'm feeling the same way and just feeling completely out of hope so I hear you.. What's going on with you? 

JackieDecides

go ahead, Anthony, talk to us.

I wish I had something smart to say. you already know that out of hope is temporary, right?   I am sorry you are both in a bad place. 

lalala
13 hours ago, sadandconfused said:

Hello, 

I'm feeling the same way and just feeling completely out of hope so I hear you.. What's going on with you? 

Im also not feeling great, the physical symptoms are killing me the bad sleep, exhaustion, what's up with u  ?

sadandconfused

I'm so sorry, mine is also some physical symptoms but also the worst emotional agony I've ever felt in my life 

lalala
On 11/1/2018 at 3:59 PM, sadandconfused said:

I'm so sorry, mine is also some physical symptoms but also the worst emotional agony I've ever felt in my life 

sorry just saw your post,  So you don't take meds any more? That's good, I understand,  I was like this last weekend crying feeling there is no point...

Do you live with family? What do you feel?

Jill28

Hope it’s ok to jump on this thread. I am in acute and Need some support too. 

Anyone around? 

WantoffVen

Yes I'm here. Is this your first time posting? Normally if you to introduce yourself and your situation you go to Introductions and Updates. But what do you need now?

Jill28

No- not first time.

had lots of help. 

I’m in acute and with severe symptoms. Any words of encouragement?

JackieDecides

yes, Jill

this is temporary!  it's impossible to feel really bad and believe in things getting better (at least, that's how it seems) but you can't trust that. all feelings are temporary.

and people care. please post more about how you are feeling, right now, today 

sadandconfused
On 11/3/2018 at 6:39 AM, lalala said:

sorry just saw your post,  So you don't take meds any more? That's good, I understand,  I was like this last weekend crying feeling there is no point...

Do you live with family? What do you feel?

No I've been completely off pills for the second time for about a month and a half now and no improvement. I'm sorry :( my crying spells have been one of hardest parts of this all because I can't even pretend to be okay and I feel like such a mentally weak person. I really hope it's the withdrawal and not the real me. I live with my boyfriend and my family lives pretty close by :) how about you? How are you feeling? 

lalala
On 11/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, WantoffVen said:

Yes I'm here. Is this your first time posting? Normally if you to introduce yourself and your situation you go to Introductions and Updates. But what do you need now?

On 11/4/2018 at 10:55 PM, Jill28 said:

No- not first time.

had lots of help. 

Hi Jill what drugs  did you come off...? what are your symptoms  ?  how are you feeling?  

Jill28

Prozac

every symptom possible. 

The worst is the pacing.😢

i feel terrible- no sleep, pacing, no tv, can’t read, nothing. 

xyz
7 hours ago, Jill28 said:

Prozac

every symptom possible. 

The worst is the pacing.😢

i feel terrible- no sleep, pacing, no tv, can’t read, nothing. 

it will calm down, know this in your heart.

i had akathisia for 3 months, and thought that i would never make it.

i spent 5 straight days with 0 sleep.

i paced and paced the house like a zombie and each time i laid down i had myoclonic jerk, cortisol surge like i was jumping from a high rise building and i heard songs in my head.

i had loud Tinnitus, like i was in airplane

take a cold shower for 15 second and do something physical to burn the excess of cortisol. this is really important to reset the nervous system. i learned this therapy.

and then DISTRACT

tell yourself that this is only temporary. i know it is hard, but you will come out of this wiser and stronger.

you are building resiliency to stress.

lalala
On 11/4/2018 at 10:55 PM, Jill28 said:

No- not first time.

had lots of help. 

what are your symptoms?

Jill28

Agoraphobia- housebound 

severe anxiety 

cant read or watch tv

pacing non stop

can do nothing but walk and stare.😢

Mostly just very terrified at what’s going on.

JackieDecides
6 hours ago, xyz said:

it will calm down, know this in your heart.

this!

what you feel is temporary, tell yourself this as often as you need to. if you don't believe it, practice pretending to believe it even if just for a moment. 

trust us instead of your current feelings.

6 hours ago, xyz said:

do something physical to burn the excess of cortisol.

this is seriously an excellent idea.

there are many things I have tried for anxiety (meditation/self-hypnosis CDs, etc) that didn't have any affect at all BUT

when I first worked out hard (I jog and do jumping jacks on a mini-trampoline, it can be anything but you need to work hard enough to sweat), and then did slow stretching and THEN tried the other things I noticed the combination really helped. 

and example of "other things" is a breathing exercise  like  Dr. Weil's 4-7-8 breathing exercise.

on that page Dr. Weil seems to promise it will work right away - like magic! - but I recently read his book Spontaneous Happiness where he is more realistic - he believes it is very helpful but over time. not after trying it a time or two! 

anyway, that's just an example. 

Edited by JackieDecides
add more

JackieDecides

@Adili13

Anthony?  hope you come back and tell us how you are doing.   also @sadandconfused  update us even if nothing has changed.

Jackie

Adili13

Hey Jackie. 

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I am doing a little better actually. One day at a time. I was frustrated bc I wasn’t sure how I would keep working, but I’m feeling a tiny bit stronger/more stable now. So will continue to work and continue my taper in a week. Thanks for asking. How are you??? 

Peace,

anthony 

lalala
On 11/7/2018 at 12:51 AM, sadandconfused said:

No I've been completely off pills for the second time for about a month and a half now and no improvement. I'm sorry :( my crying spells have been one of hardest parts of this all because I can't even pretend to be okay and I feel like such a mentally weak person. I really hope it's the withdrawal and not the real me. I live with my boyfriend and my family lives pretty close by :) how about you? How are you feeling? 

sorry for delayed post wasn't doing well myself  not sleeping enough... the crying is just temporary I had that, how are you feeling otherwise?

I live alone  and have some support from friends family I have to taper benzo...

Jill28

Anyone around? 

Acute and unbearable symptoms. Need support 

ButterflyHope

@Jill28 hi i'm here, for emotional support anyway- whats the hardest symptom you have right now? im in the middle of a wave and keep telling myself it will pass although its hard to remember.

Jill28

Well- hard to pick. Anxiety is the worst but I’m also housebound and can’t read, watch tv, or do actually anything. I walk around block quite a bit and spend time praying. I have anhedonia and absolutely no feelings- couldn’t cry to save my life. Tapering off lunesta and sleep is awful and wake up with cortisol rush and need to pace for hours. Some depersonalization and honestly very suicidal.

scared out of my mind. 

Thank you for reaching out. What’s your worst?

Jill28

Wanted to see if anyone is in this situation or know that I will be okay...

was in Zoloft withdrawal. Psychiatrist put me on 10 mg of Prozac- severe reaction on 3rd dose (aug 24).

by October 20, I became completely housebound, severe anxiety, suicidal, hypervigalent to sounds, can’t read, watch tv, no emotion, some depersonalization, no appetite, and insomnia. My day consists of sitting in bedroom getting on and off phone. 

Is it possible to heal from this kind of trauma?

any advice is deeply appreciated.

ButterflyHope

I agree anxiety is the worst for me too- Ive been lying on the floor and breathing lavendar oils to try and calm myself, listening to sounds of the sea. It sounds like rubbish but i found if it reduces it by a certain % its worth it. Does the anxiety come and go? mine seems to come in waves, very intesne and makes me vomit but then subsides. When its worst and i cant do anything either, have you got some headphones and listen to some relaxation or hypnosis, anything to get the message into your mind tht it will pass. Annoyingly Ive had to use a tiny amount of diazepam when i havent had enough sleep for a whle and its too intense. It gives me some rest.

I get the cortisol rush too although i always think its cos im genuinely anxious about something in my life, does tht happen to you? Cos the mind does funny things and starts to get intensely frightened about things in my life, but if my body was calmer i wouldnt be thinking about it.

Also do you have  a helpline where you are? In the uk we have the samaritans, i didnt think it would help but when i was in a real grip I rang them and talking outloud to someons for an hour or so did again reduce the intensity down so that i could cope with it. Obvioisly we cant remove it as its real and its intense but thats why i look for anything that takes the edge off.

Do you have anyone in your life supporting you?

Jill28

My mother in law has moved in but she’s 78. 

Im scared to death and honestly very suicidal. 

Mom completely housebound too. Are you?

yes- I get the awful cortisol rush wake ups too.

i feel my life is over.

brassmonkey

Hi Jill-- it's best to ask questions about your personal situation on your intro thread.  that way we have all the information available and can better understand the situation before making any recommendations.

Brassmonkey

ButterflyHope

@Jill28 i live with my husband, i can get out bt not when its at its worst. How long have you felt quite this bad? Its good you have someone there with you.

I know how you feel its honestly terrifying bt please remember this is the hardest thing you will ever face, if you can just get through it there is light on the other side and life isnt this hard, this is temporary, your mind will trick you but trust everyone on here and not your mind which is being compromised. What do you do when its the most intense to help or get through it at the moment?

Jill28

I go outside and run up and down street. I am in acute as this all just started. 

I was In withdrawl from zoloft and then my doctor put me on Prozac and on the third dose, my life in ended.

i am completely nonfunctional at the moment.

i don’t have waves or windows. Just dead inside. Trying to taper off lunesta at moment.

Jill28

Oh ... ok. Sorry about that. 

Mom still new and learning the site. Thx for understanding!! Will do.

ButterflyHope

are you still on prozac or just lunesta?

Jill28

Lunesta but tapering. Also they started me on klonopin that I want to taper too.

I have no feelings 

JackieDecides

7 hours ago, Jill28 said:

Is it possible to heal from this kind of trauma?

absolutely yes

everything bad that is happening is temporary

7 hours ago, ButterflyHope said:

In the uk we have the samaritans, i didnt think it would help but when i was in a real grip I rang them and talking outloud to someons for an hour or so did again reduce the intensity down so that i could cope with i

I'm so glad you found something that helped; the samaritans sound like an excellent organization

Adili13

Hey everyone. Feeing very down and depressed today. The pressure/pain in my head has come back and I’m feeling frustrated because I’ve been holding at this dose for six months now. It’s 20 mg, not even a low dose, and figured I would be stable by now. It’s also very annoying bc when I used to take Lexapro years ago, I was predominantly on this dose or lower and had no problems. I’ve only been on Paxil a year and seems it’s ruined my life (been on ssris for ten). Anyway, I’m going to continue my taper in a week bc I don’t wanna wait forever. At this rate, feel like I’ll never get off this drug. My main goal is just to get to 10 mg and stabilize. I started tapering from 37.5 CR last January. Not really a taper though, just two big drops.

any advice would really be appreciated. Feeling extra hopeless today  

Anthony 

Adili13

Anyone out there? 

Jill28

I’m here if you around.