jaxlin: protracted withdrawal

jaxlin

Hello

I am new to this site so not sure what I'm doing! Was wondering if anyone out there is experiencing symptoms after 3 years? 1184 days off antidepressants and still suffering with depression and anxiety. I just keep thinking it might be better tomorrow. I can deal with the physical symptoms, though they have improved, but the insomnia and emotional feelings are still a problem. some days worse than others but always there. 

Edited by ChessieCat
deitalicised font

I Started on Seroxat around 1999 ( not sure of the dose) and was advised to switch to Prozac 20mg around 2009. I started to reduce my dose in February 2013 over 3 to 4 months not knowing any better. As symptoms got worse my Doctor prescribed Citalapram 20mg which helped but by 2015 I wanted to be drug free so I started to reduce gradually as I thought, I didn't know then anything about withdrawal symptoms neither did the doctor it seems. since then I have been using only natural remedies and supplements plus a clean plant based diet some fish and pure water.

• ChessieCat changed the title to jaxlin: Protracted withdrawal
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi jaxlin and welcome to SA,

Unfortunately what you are experiencing is not uncommon.  We have many members here experiencing or have experienced the same thing.

You might find this topic helpful:  are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

To help us out please create your drug signature.  This allows us to see your history at a glance.  This will appear below each of your posts and makes it easy for us to see your drug history at a glance.  Please make it nice simple by following these instructions NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you):

•  dates, ALL drugs, doses   PLEASE INCLUDE HOW YOU STOPPED YOUR DRUG (did you taper or cold turkey)

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

The only supplements which SA recommends are Magnesium and Omega-3 Fish Oil.  Try a small amount of each, one at a time to see how you respond.

You might find these helpful:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Sleep problems - that awful withdrawal insomnia

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR steel structures are trying to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were trying to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and trying to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while life is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made.  

This is your own Introductions topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.  We encourage members to visit other members' topics so they can support each other through their recovery.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi @jaxlin 

I'm glad you found this place and hope you post more. 

Jackie

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• 2 months later...

@jaxlin how have you been feeling?

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to jaxlin: protracted withdrawal

Hi Jackie

Thank you for your post.

Not been good over Christmas and new year but have improved over the last week or two. I have taken advice from this site and cut out most of the supplements I was taking, I must have tried everything over the last three years- big mistake I think- anyway just having magnesium and have found serrapeptase really helps with the aches  and sinus issues. I managed a five hour sleep last night which is good for me, often lucky to get two hours together.

I think this must be a window! my communication is non-existent normally.

I hope you are doing better also, you sound like a kind person who deserves to be well.

Sorry for my late response

jaxlin

I Started on Seroxat around 1999 ( not sure of the dose) and was advised to switch to Prozac 20mg around 2009. I started to reduce my dose in February 2013 over 3 to 4 months not knowing any better. As symptoms got worse my Doctor prescribed Citalapram 20mg which helped but by 2015 I wanted to be drug free so I started to reduce gradually as I thought, I didn't know then anything about withdrawal symptoms neither did the doctor it seems. since then I have been using only natural remedies and supplements plus a clean plant based diet some fish and pure water.

3 hours ago, jaxlin said:

I think this must be a window! my communication is non-existent normally.

yay for a window!!

some times when I think "I feel terrible, am I even getting better?" I remember when I first found this place and posting was SO hard. just putting together coherent sentences and then having to edit and then looking back and realizing how stupid I sounded. 

apparently, writing is hard!  now, even when I feel bad I can still write

at least you are making changes and in a window. 

what is the weather like in Yorkshire? I picture clouds and rain. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi jacklin, 

Great to hear you’ve had a few good weeks. Yes, it’s amazing how different supplements can affect us during withdrawals. I’m glad you got rid of the ones that were affecting you. Most of us are so sensitive to lots of supplements.

I take serrapeptase as well, it’s helped me a lot with a health issue. I’m glad it’s helping you too. I don’t know if it could have adverse affects in withdrawals, but I’ve never had a problem with it. It sounds like it’s benefiting you too. Do you take it with nattokinese? The two work together symbiotically.

Wishing you all the best on your continued recovery.💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Jackie I think I may have spoken too soon, came back down with a bump, now wondering if withdrawal happens after stopping supplements as well...though less severe.

The weather in Yorkshire changes as often as my symptoms, by the hour sometimes, today we had bright sunshine and wind, I'm always hyper-sensitive to bright flickering sunlight and feel calmer on a dull cloudy day, is that just me?

I hope things are easier for you now.

Hi Carmie

Thank you for your reply.

I Wouldn't be without serrapeptase I usually take it when I wake at least once through the night. I have noticed the nattokinese but not tried it yet  will look at it next time I need to buy some.

Thanks again and best wishes to you all

On 2/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, jaxlin said:

I'm always hyper-sensitive to bright flickering sunlight and feel calmer on a dull cloudy day, is that just me?

it isn't me, but everyone is different. and we are changing, also, as I used to think snow was beautiful but after two days of frightening winter driving this week, the snow this morning is making me worry about driving tomorrow. ☹️

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jaxlin, 

(Autocorrect keeps wanting to change your name😄). Just curious as to why you take the Serrapeptase during the night when you wake up? Is it just for the fact that you have an empty stomach then? 

Yes, our symptoms can certainly change from hour to hour, or minute to minute. Kind of like the weather in Melbourne, Australia.

Take care💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Hi Carmie

Yes the night time seemed the safest to take serrapeptase well away from food. I use it  as an anti-inflammatory alternative and found it really helped with muscle pain and so aid sleep, for a while anyway. I haven't tried to do without it yet, maybe I will and see if it makes a difference to other symptoms.

Insomnia is the worst, if we could cure that it would help with all the other symptoms I think.....

best wishes from a wet Yorkshire  

59 minutes ago, jaxlin said:

Insomnia is the worst, if we could cure that it would help with all the other symptoms I think.....

something that is really helping me get through my current anxiety is knowing I had bad insomnia last...November, I think - and I got through it. 

so I am hoping it's the same with anxiety - it's awful but eventually it goes away. I  have to not fight it and keep on going to work regardless.  with mixed success but that's better than no success! 

Hi Jackie good to hear that you managed to get over insomnia, just to know it's possible helps.

If you can beat insomnia you can beat anxiety and will be stronger for it in the end..... have to keep telling myself 'if it doesn't kill me it'll make me stronger'

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

jaxlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jaxlin, 

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much with insomnia. Sometimes it’s just time that is the healer. Do you have a good routine of going to bed at the same time every night even if you can’t sleep? Is your room darkened? Have you tried magnesium? ChessieCat will send you some links. 

So you found the serrapeptase helped you sleep a bit because it eased your muscle pain. Is it not easing your muscle pain anymore? 

Well seeing your are in wet Yorkshire, I’ll send you some sun from sunny Queensland ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️😎

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks Carmie it's not so much the muscle pain anymore, it's anxiety that wakes me sometimes after only an hour or two... though it has improved since stopping the many supplements I was taking.

After years of not being able to stay awake when on anti-depressants I now consider four/five hours a good night.

Got the sunshine. Just having the warmest sunniest February on record.

Thanks Chessie will take a look at your tips now!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jaxlin, 

How has your sleeping been this week? I’m glad stopping all your supplements has helped a bit. I tried taking magnesium once and it really ramped up my symptoms. I haven’t been game enough to try another type as yet. A lot of people do really well on magnesium, but the one I took didn’t like me.😁

Take care💚

Hi Carmie

I have followed Chessie's advice using white noise, eye mask, cool room etc. have tried melatonin in the past but it didn't seem to help me. Sleep varies depending on what's going on, the slightest upset stays with me for hours. I listened to a podcast by Trudy Scott about Gaba, she suggested supplementing may help with sleep so have been taking a small amount over the last 3 nights - it seems to be helping but too soon to know for sure.....

Thanks for asking I appreciate it!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jaxlin, 

I’m glad you’re sleeping a bit better.💚

Edited by Carmie
Typo

• 2 years later...

@jaxlin

How are you?

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jaxlin, 

Yes, how are you doing? How is your insomnia?

Sending hugs🤗

Hi Leo

Still not out of the woods but coping better with symptoms, or learning to live with them.

I have felt almost normal for the last eighteen months but only because the whole world has been isolating..... (my normal) making it easier for me to get out with fewer people around. I haven't been afraid of the virus-maybe withdrawal has made us stronger!

Just by typing this shows an improvement I would not have been able to do this two years ago.

Thankyou for asking, I hope you are well and improving too.

jaxlin xx

Hi Carmie

Thanks for your message. 

My sleep has imroved over the last six months, after trawling through pages and pages on this sight and trying many different remedies people have suggested, I came across taurine and cautiously gave it a try. I noticed  a gradual improvement maybe getting two hours, then four and now five or six on a good night.....don't think I'll ever get back to twelve hours though when on the pills.

Many thanks again to you and SA for all your valuable information.

Hugs

jaxlin

Hi Jaxlin,

Your storyline is similar to mine and was encouraging to read.  Like most people in our situation, I look for posts that have similar backgrounds and symptoms.  The insomnia, depression and anxiety still plaque me after two years off meds.  I will have some windows, usually short lived.   Nearly every night I wake with an intense array of baseless negative emotions (heart palpitations, depression, anxiety, shame, guilt, etc.)  How have your mornings been and do you still experience depression and anxiety?  

Thanks for posting

Snow

- Diagnosed with MDD and PDD at 35 // Celexa (20 yrs), last 8-10 yrs. was at 80 mg

- Tolerance (SSRI poop out) Aug. 2017

- Aug 2017 - May 2018 (Poly drugged: Cymbalta 20 mg, Proxac 40 mg, Lexapro 40 mg, Trintellex 20mg, Trazadone 150, Klonopin 1.5)

- Dec. 2017 - Jan 2018 Cold Turkey (1.5 months) - Tried Ketamine Infusions

- Zero quality of life for 5 months after Ketamine

- Started slow taper of all meds - May 2018

- Off all meds (Aug. 2018)

- Zero quality of life for 4 months - three months after final taper

- Treated by Psychiatrist, 2 Func. Med. Doc., 2 Nutritionist, 1 Specialist for hard to treat cases, 1 tapering org, 2 counselors

- Diagnosed with high free copper levels - Took over 1.5 yrs to get under control.  Noticed some but minimal change.

- Numerous supplements - made symptoms worse or did nothing. Current: 250 zinc, 600 mg NAC, Mag 800 mg, Mang, Selin. Moly

- Have had over 75 symptoms.  Most have abated.  Still suffer with severe insomnia and daily depression or anxiety

Hi Snow

So sorry to hear of your suffering, insomnia makes all other symptoms worse. I remember well the dread of night time, endless hours ruminating and trying to understand what was going on - SA helped me realise the cause and motivated me to get well, having no appetite I make sure what I eat is healthy, I take a multivitamin and mineral mornings-75mg aspirin and 250mg of Taurine at night, I often manage 4 hours, aching muscles wake me then I take serrapeptase which usually gives another 2 hours sleep. Mornings are still my worst time, like you the anxiety, guilt, shame racing heart - it seems to be common amongst survivors, I push myself to get up on waking and tend to feel better afternoon/evening.

Depression is less of a problem now I feel more in control things are gradually improving, I never thought they would so don't give up hope! 

I haven't seen a doctor in 6 years don't trust medicine anymore. Current worldwide circumstances is probably making anxiety worse for all of us I think.

I hope you soon feel better I'm sure you will!

jaxlin

Hi Jaxlin,

Thanks for the note.  I think you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that the depression and anxiety (along with insomnia) are the worst symptoms.  This is the same for me and makes life unbearable.  I'm two years off all meds and the waves of depression and anxiety still cripple my ability to function.  I wish there was something or someone that could help (and I've tried a bunch) but it seems that the only thing that will help is time.    

- Diagnosed with MDD and PDD at 35 // Celexa (20 yrs), last 8-10 yrs. was at 80 mg

- Aug 2017 - May 2018 (Poly drugged: Cymbalta 20 mg, Proxac 40 mg, Lexapro 40 mg, Trintellex 20mg, Trazadone 150, Klonopin 1.5)

- Treated by Psychiatrist, 2 Func. Med. Doc., 2 Nutritionist, 1 Specialist for hard to treat cases, 1 tapering org, 2 counselors

- Diagnosed with high free copper levels - Took over 1.5 yrs to get under control.  Noticed some but minimal change.

- Numerous supplements - made symptoms worse or did nothing. Current: 250 zinc, 600 mg NAC, Mag 800 mg, Mang, Selin. Moly

- Have had over 75 symptoms.  Most have abated.  Still suffer with severe insomnia and daily depression or anxiety

I am new here too. I am surring from protracted withdraw from quitting zoloft cold turkey sept 2020.  Insomnia, weight loss, IBS all started this past June. I was doing ok before June, then bam.

Have major corisol spikes that keep me from sleeping.

Help

1995 -2008 Zoloft 100-200 mg prescribed by Psychiatrist for depression

5 mg Klonipen prescribed for social anxiety

2008 Zoloft 100 mg Psychiatrist no longer took insurance, started getting Zoloft prescription from OB/GYN

2009 weened myself off of klonipen ( do not know how I did that)

2018 Zoloft 50 mg Weened myself. Getting prescription from new PCP

2020 Zoloft 25 mg weened myself

quit cold turkey mid sept 2020

quit cannibis late June 2021

Aug 2021 Hydroxyzine 25 mg  - for sleep

Withdrawl symptoms: Started Mid June 2021; insomnia, IBS, loss of appetite, cortisol spikes, major anxiety

Suppliments: Seriphos for cortisol spikes, Lactium, Theanine, tryptophan, GABA, Omega 3, Vit B, C

Yes Snow I think you're right time is the main healer. I also believe that our body heals itself given the chance. i hope you have a better day today....jaxlin  

Hi Jax and Relief,

Thanks Jax,

Relief; from your signature it seems like you are still on meds and trying to taper.  SA has very sound counsel on how to taper that lessens the intensity of the side affects and can shorten your time to heal.   Some of the veteran moderators can help you in this process.  The nice thing about SA is that we speak a language that only we seem to be able to truly understand.  The language of withdrawal from psychotropic medications.  

Blessings to you in your healing!

No I am not on a taper. I quit 25 mg Zoloft cold turkey back in Sept. 2020.  I did not know about tapering. I jsut took myself off of it. I did not feel bad until the end of June 2021.  I am so confused. From everything I have read here, I should have been having withdrawl symptoms sooner. Maybe because I had been on the drug for so long, it took that much time to show itself. But here it is and it is rough.  I have had some really scary days recently.

2008 Zoloft 100 mg Psychiatrist no longer took insurance, started getting Zoloft prescription from OB/GYN

Withdrawl symptoms: Started Mid June 2021; insomnia, IBS, loss of appetite, cortisol spikes, major anxiety

Suppliments: Seriphos for cortisol spikes, Lactium, Theanine, tryptophan, GABA, Omega 3, Vit B, C

Hi Relief,

I'm sure and sorry to hear about the intensity of your symptoms.  It just absolutely sucks.  When I was at zero quality of life, I would be told by support mentors that withdrawal will not kill me and I will heal - we just don't know how long it will take.  For me, the "it won't kill you" statement wasn't encouraging because I didn't want to live another second in the emotional state.   Withdrawal from psychotropic drugs (PD) can create some confusing, bizarre and intense symptoms as we both know.  I listened to an expert on PD withdrawal and she said the withdrawal from PD "can" be more severe and intense than withdrawal from psychoactive drugs (i.e. heroine, cocaine, opioids).  In my situation and many others I have read about ... this is an understatement.  From my interactions and readings, CT (cold turkey) "can" create more intense withdrawal symptoms.  In addition, it is not uncommon to have delayed symptoms in withdrawal.  I emphasize "can" because it is not the case for everyone.

Praying for "relief" :), windows, a speedy recovery and complete healing. 

Last, I don't know your whole story but when you are feeling able, it would be good to post your drug and taper history and tell more about your situation so moderators can give you some tools to help you through this process of healing.  You do this in the "Introduce Yourself" section.

So from all that I have been learning, stay the course is the preferred option.  I just don't know if I will be able to endure this for months on end. Its crazy to me that I really did not have any noticeable symptoms for 9 months then the worst of the worst symptoms hit me. I am starting to feel a little depression creep in now too. I am seriously considering that I might have to get back on meds, but the stories I have read are really scary. I don't want to risk feeling worse for a longer period of time AND then have to withdraw all over again. 

I have been using Benadryl for sleep the last few nights and I know that I cant keep doing that for much longer. This is pure torture.

I really don't know what to think.   I have almost 1 year of no medication under my belt and I would hate for that to be all for nothing. But I feel I am losing myself to this.

@lookingrelief

Mine were very mild after stopping the drug. I had months of well being. The hell (i am still in) stared at 13 months off. Crazy cruel.

But i know is wd as i feel exactly the same in a past attempt. This is NOT my pre ads condition

@jaxlin may i ask you about the appetite? I have zero. Did it come back for you at least in windows?

06/2012 - 02/2015 CIPRALEX 10 mg (for somatic abdominal pain + reflux) - prior to this NOT any significant episode of anxiety/depression

on medication: emotional-sexual numbness, total inability to cry, +8 kg, fatigue -> abdominal pain gone

02/2015 - 1/04/2015 tapering from 10 mg to 0 mg doctor advised

05/05/2015 huge anxiety, burning skin sensation, panic, fear, not able to cry again, never-had-before insomnia, totally lost appetite, little loss of vision in one eye, sweating, chest pain, short breath, restlessness, accelerated heartbeat, mild akathisia legs-feet

30/05/2015 reinstated 8mg (I was suggested 5 mg here)

middle 07/2015 general improving

10/2015 start disastrous too long taper 7mg  11/2015 6mg  12/2015 5mg 1/2016 4mg  2/2016 4mg  3/2016 3mg ->FAIL back to 4mg .... 8/2016 3mg 8/2017 2mg  (short wave in summer '17) 8/2018 2mg stable  8/2019 1mg  1/2020 0.6 mg 

1/APRIL/2020 0mg FREE!

7/2020 - 10/2020 MILD WAVE(mostly anxiety, poor sleep)

6/2021 - 9/2021 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, deep depression, internal restlessness, anhedonia)  0.125g triazolam  2 times

18/03/2022 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, PAIN in muscles and nerves, arms and right leg,cannot exercise,hard to walk) 0.125g triazolam 3 times

7/5 rein 0.1mg

@Marta How long have you been without medication at this point in time? I have no appitite, but force myself to eat. I have lost too much weight. Down to 88 lbs. The cortisol spikes cause most of the trouble. Insomnia, anxiety, IBS, diareaha, high blood pressure. Trying to keep that under conrtol is proving difficult. I dont feel I can last too much longer. I have a tele health appointment with a phyc dr. on the 17th.  I am scared to get back on meds, but I am scared if I dont.

@lookingrelief many thanks for the answer.

I am 16 months off, i had a mild wd immediately off escitalopram and now a very delayed severe wd wave. I am in hell since 8weeks.

Insomnia is the only thing that got a bit better after 5 weeks, i am doing a very strict schedule and take 0.5mg melatonin.

Did you tired it?

But the sleep is surely agitated.

For the rest i have all what you have copy and paste.

Anxiety, depression, heart rate disregulated, total loss of appetite, total inability to access to good emotions (zero windows), morning terror, fatigue, sometimes reslessnes, yes also diarrhea (this syntmom is one of the least annoying), full acne that i never had (idc). The sexual side totally numb, I don't even think about it in these conditions.

I also don't feel i can last longer. I was hoping to see windows but it's "thick" if i can give you an idea with this term. :(

No afternoon/evening relief as many people here.

I really don't want to go back however i am desperate as you and i considered it. What holds me is that i don't want to go through this again and again, because I am very prone to this bad withdrawals even with micro dose i cannot escape.

Sorry if I don't have a good tip, just i totally completely relate. If you want let me(us) know about your decision after seeing the doctor.

All the best. :(

06/2012 - 02/2015 CIPRALEX 10 mg (for somatic abdominal pain + reflux) - prior to this NOT any significant episode of anxiety/depression

on medication: emotional-sexual numbness, total inability to cry, +8 kg, fatigue -> abdominal pain gone

02/2015 - 1/04/2015 tapering from 10 mg to 0 mg doctor advised

05/05/2015 huge anxiety, burning skin sensation, panic, fear, not able to cry again, never-had-before insomnia, totally lost appetite, little loss of vision in one eye, sweating, chest pain, short breath, restlessness, accelerated heartbeat, mild akathisia legs-feet

30/05/2015 reinstated 8mg (I was suggested 5 mg here)

middle 07/2015 general improving

10/2015 start disastrous too long taper 7mg  11/2015 6mg  12/2015 5mg 1/2016 4mg  2/2016 4mg  3/2016 3mg ->FAIL back to 4mg .... 8/2016 3mg 8/2017 2mg  (short wave in summer '17) 8/2018 2mg stable  8/2019 1mg  1/2020 0.6 mg 

1/APRIL/2020 0mg FREE!

7/2020 - 10/2020 MILD WAVE(mostly anxiety, poor sleep)

6/2021 - 9/2021 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, deep depression, internal restlessness, anhedonia)  0.125g triazolam  2 times

18/03/2022 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, PAIN in muscles and nerves, arms and right leg,cannot exercise,hard to walk) 0.125g triazolam 3 times

7/5 rein 0.1mg

Hi Marta

Like you I often don't want to eat, so I make soups or smoothies to get some nutrition when I can't face a meal, I think of it as a medicine that will help with healing. I do have some good days now so it will improve for you as well. I know that's hard to believe when in the thick of it though......hope you feel better soon. jaxlin