SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

SadDad88

I felt betrayed and poisoned by my psychiatrist. 

A little short brief history. Two years ago I had a series of panic attacks. GP suggest Lexapro, so I take 10mg and panic gets extremely worse. Kept on that dosage for almost a week and suffered from 24/7 panic. After many trips to the ER, I saw my now psychiatrist which prescribed 1mg a day clonzepam, (Benzo).  Anxiety and panic started to reduce but after reading about benzos, I wanted to get off. I tried buspar later that year of 2017, it seemed to work for a while but then I experienced muscle rigidity and weakness. So doc stopped that med this early August. I definitely had withdrawal from Buspar, which included, anxiety, agitation, depression, changes in body temperature, tremors, etc.

So my pysch suggest an ultra low dosage of Lexapro again. I expressed my hesitation with great concern because of previous usage of the same medication. He assured me it would help and that since is was an ultra low dosage .5mg oral solution I would feel no side effects whatsoever.  Eventually every week I would increase it by .5mg. I almost made it two weeks before things spiraled out of control. I woke up with my hamstrings and glutes super tight (which started happening to a lesser degree when I started) it was then followed by leg agitation, like RLS which then encased my entire body. I couldn't stop trashing around. I had extreme short term memory loss, denationalization, brain fog, anxiety, very odd mental state change, shaking, tremors and probably more things that I can't even remember.  I quit that pile of s**** medicine and filed a grievance. 

My question is, how long is this crap going to last? I made it to almost two weeks on a "low" dosage which seemed to affect me severely. Its been about two weeks since I stopped.    Since stopping, I've had extreme muscle contractions, anxiety, depression (which I never get) malaise, a great sense of mental and physical sickness, waking to my hands vibrating and other odd feelings. I'm seriously pissed off at my doctor. It was even written in my medical record as that med possibly as me having an allergic reaction to it.

I did have an amazing day on Friday, no symptoms whatsoever and it was refreshing. It then started back up with depression, anxiety, etc.

Anyone experience this kind of crap? Any help or suggestions? Thanks all.

-Lexapro 10mg March of 2017 for about 7 days. Insane panic  upon first dose.

-Clonazepam 1mg daily to counter the insane panic from Lexapro. March of 2017

-Reduced Clonazepam from 1mg to .75mg over 5 months. December 2017-April 2018

-Buspar October 2017 to August 2018. Discontinued due to rare side effects. Extreme withdrawals

-Switch to Valium in June 2018 from Clonazepam.  15mg daily. 

-Current meds, 15mg Valium daily. Pretty sure I hit tolerance.

-Tried low dosage Lexapro again mid October 2018. .5mg daily for one week, then 1mg daily for the second. Made it almost two weeks before madness ensued. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, SadDad.  I'm sorry you're going through this.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.

Your instincts were correct.  You had an adverse reaction to the Lexapro.  The following link addresses how long it will take for these symptoms to go away.  Unfortunately, there is no set answer and recovery can take quite some time.  In many ways, recovery from an adverse reaction can be very similar to withdrawal, and the symptoms you describe are in line with that.

Immediate adverse reactions to SSRIs? How long for recovery ...

It's a very encouraging sign that you had a good day on Friday.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems

It's important to try and remain as calm as possible and not to panic.  Avoid street as much as possible.  It's important to learn and use Non-drug techniques to cope

You might find these helpful:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes)

Edited by ChessieCat
removed white spc

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• ChessieCat changed the title to SadDad88

I'm really confused if these are ssri withdrawal or something else. Can anyone relate to these?   I had a severe reaction to Lexapro and stopped after two weeks. Been off two weeks just about. Feel like utter garbage. Had one day of complete normancy, which is so rare.

I have sharp stabbing pain in my brain in different areas at random times. 

Fizzy feelings in my brain, kinda like zaps

I feel like every couple of days I have what seems to to be the start of cold, sore throat, etc, but it never develops.

Today I had a what felt like a sharp spike that was driven through the left side of my brain, it felt like my left eye had dark spots for a split second. I was slightly having confusion, feeling sick to my stomach and a general sense of malaise. I'm feeling tired and fatigued tonight. Also having tension headaches everyday. 

Every doctor I see or talk to say it can't be due to ssri's.... Ive never experienced this before.

Thanks all

-Buspar October 2017 to August 2018. Discontinued due to rare side effects. Extreme withdrawals

-Tried low dosage Lexapro again mid October 2018. .5mg daily for one week, then 1mg daily for the second. Made it almost two weeks before madness ensued. 

• Moderator Emeritus

To be able to assist members we need your drug history.  Please create a drug signature using the following format:

Please make it nice simple by following these instructions (NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you):

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Administrator

SadDad, some people have fairly immediate adverse reactions to SSRIs such as Lexapro and when they come off, have symptoms very similar to withdrawal syndrome -- but it's the dysregulation caused by taking the drug, from which recovery will be slow and gradual, very much like recovering from withdrawal syndrome.

It's too bad your doctor persuaded you to stay on the drug despite your adverse reaction. We have several people here in the same situation. As Gridley suggested, please read Immediate adverse reactions to SSRIs? How long for recovery ...

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

"Is it always going to be like this?"

Withdrawal dialogues & encouragement

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Magnesium in particular can relieve muscle tension. Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) baths and magnesium oil to rub on your legs might help. There's also gentle stretching, acupuncture, physical therapy, hydrotherapy, chiropractic, and osteopathic manual therapy (if you can find it). See Important topics about tests, supplements, treatments, diet

At least it seems you're sleeping. Be sure to keep regular hours and nurture your sleep, this will help you recover. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks Altostrata,

I defiantly experienced a lot of severe adverse reactions to Lexapro, even at a "small dosage" Pdoc even told me I shouldn't feel a thing. Boy was he wrong! 

I'm still feeling those "brain zaps" little fizzy feelings in my brain from time to time. Also horrendous headaches. Feels like someone power slammed an axe into my skull splitting my brain in two. Also a lot of random pins and needle or stabbing pain in my brain. Can't be anxiety!

I just want to know when this crap will end. I have a family to take care of and I am feeling like utter garbage. :(

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/12/2018 at 5:50 AM, Gridley said:

It's a very encouraging sign that you had a good day on Friday.

19 minutes ago, SadDad88 said:

I just want to know when this crap will end.

That is a question that many members of SA ask.  We would love to be able to give an answer but it is an unanswerable question.  Unfortunately we just don't know.  Healing isn't a linear process.

On 12/4/2015 at 2:41 AM, apace41 said:

Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR steel structures are trying to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were trying to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and trying to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while life is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made.  

Links have already been posted above to the non drug techniques.  Please read through the posts in this topic are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

On 5/22/2018 at 5:13 AM, brassmonkey said:

There are only two supplements* (see note at bottom of post) that can be of use to some people, but other than that there is nothing much else we can change.  This is where the coping toolkit comes in.  There is a myriad of things that can be done to mentally ease the symptoms, too many in fact to try and list here.  But they do make a difference and with practice can change the course of recovery for the better and provide tools for a lifetime of dealing with things.

The last of the four keys, but probably the most important thing is Acceptance.  We have found ourselves forced into a position that no one should have to go through.  Yet here we are and there’s not much we can do about it. That gives us two options, we can fight against it, scream, shout and beat our chests, or we can accept the position we are in and do what we can to make it tolerable while we work our way out of it. In short “making the best of a situation that is not our preference”.

Hi Sad

Have a look at my topic.

I started like you and i was on the same drug. Lexapro is what i believe caused my issues. 

You can see my behaviour pattern, all i do is fight against my symptoms. I ask the same questions over and over. Its normal however from my experience not helpful. You only get the same answers here on SA. As nobody knows when you will feel better. They just know you will 1 day. 

Try to look at my thread and absorb some advice from there. Also as hard as it is try to utilise the topics. 

I wake up early each day and think " not again" but some how i get through the days. I have done for 6 months. I was on meds alot longer than you. 

You have to tell yourself and your family you are not well. Just like if you broke your ankle? You would have to take care of it and things would have to change for a while. 

Everything your doing is normal BUT it does not help the situation. So i have learnt. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added link to Leo's intro topic

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've added the link to Leo's topic in his post

On 11/14/2018 at 9:19 PM, ChessieCat said:

I checked out the withdrawal checklist and I just about had everything on it! These last few days have been incredibly hard. I'm wide awake now because for the last 4 hours I've been on the verge of a panic attack. I had brain zaps, horrendous headaches and my stomach is cramping so bad. I'm trying to cope... 

I'm so incredibly pissed that this is happening. Has anyone successfully sued because of medication damage? Lexapro was listed asme having an allergic reaction to it, but they prescribed it again...

3 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi Sad

Have a look at my topic.

I started like you and i was on the same drug. Lexapro is what i believe caused my issues. 

You can see my behaviour pattern, all i do is fight against my symptoms. I ask the same questions over and over. Its normal however from my experience not helpful. You only get the same answers here on SA. As nobody knows when you will feel better. They just know you will 1 day. 

Try to look at my thread and absorb some advice from there. Also as hard as it is try to utilise the topics. 

I wake up early each day and think " not again" but some how i get through the days. I have done for 6 months. I was on meds alot longer than you. 

You have to tell yourself and your family you are not well. Just like if you broke your ankle? You would have to take care of it and things would have to change for a while. 

Everything your doing is normal BUT it does not help the situation. So i have learnt. 

I'm in the same boat Leo, my story started with a handful of panic attacks that now when I think back, coukd of easily been coped with. After my first Lexapro pill, ot was like hell opened up and swallowed me. I had reaccuring panic 24/7 and eventually placed on a benzo because I went to the ER 5 times in one week. It was hands down the most horrific experience of my life.

I'm positive that the ssri damaged me. I've never been the same since. Things have improved but nothing as near as it once was. So here I am again, after being reassured Lexapro, takin at a small dosgae would do no harm. I was hesitant but tried. I wish I hadn't because thr nightmare started again. This is how I know for a.fact it was Lexapro that caused this and not my own issues. 

Take a look at Aeromans success story. Also take a look at Santinos. 

Read all the success stories. Im having a bad day today with depression that i never had but what do i do?

Go back on meds and be poorly or take hope in that if i stay off long enough i will get the old me back. 

I go with the evidence - meds harm people and make them worse. 

Sucess stories show with time people go back to the way there once were. 

Im going with option 2. 

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, SadDad88 said:

Has anyone successfully sued because of medication damage?

Don't know any details.  You couldn't post in their intro topic and ask this member for more information:

• Moderator Emeritus

You could write a submission to the Scottish Parliament.  You don't have to be from Scotland.

urgent-request-make-a-submission-to-the-scottish-government-re-harm-done-dependance-and-withdrawal-you-dont-even-have-to-be-from-scotland

And you might consider what is involved:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17355-legal-action-anyone/

They should be hung by there prescription pads!

Its about proving the wrong doing. Proving you have been hurt, due to poor practice.

Did they offer tapering advice? Did you have wash out time? Were you given the meds when it was known you had issues prior?. Did you have follow up appts to check on progress?.

NOT " i was put on meds and now im harmed". Thats not proving anything. Did the Dr hurt you by doing something that he would not have done for the other 4 million people. 

Can anyone relate to these symotoms from withdrawals?

-sharp stabbing pain in the stomach on and off.

-sharp stabbing pains in your brain, random areas that come and go suddenly. 

Also, when do symotoms usually peak when you taper or jump off your dosage?  I know with benzos it oeaks around two weeks.

Thanks all.

Evwr3y Dr  i talk to tell me these issue arnt ssri related, but i never had them before i tried lexapro and quit within 2 weeks. Hit hard with symptoms two weeks later. 

2 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

They should be hung by there prescription pads!

Its about proving the wrong doing. Proving you have been hurt, due to poor practice.

Did they offer tapering advice? Did you have wash out time? Were you given the meds when it was known you had issues prior?. Did you have follow up appts to check on progress?.

NOT " i was put on meds and now im harmed". Thats not proving anything. Did the Dr hurt you by doing something that he would not have done for the other 4 million people. 

So it was written in my medical history that I had an allergic reaction to Lexapro when I first tried it last year in 2017. My pysch doc knew about it, mentioned it to him several times and expressed my concern when he said that an ultra low dosage should work fine. He was wrong!

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear SadDad,

Alto is right in saying that your doc did you a great disservice by adding a second medication instead of removing the first offending medication.  You are right to feel betrayed, and any doctor who states that psych meds "can't do this" is just plain wrong.  Alto is also right in identifying that some people have immediate adverse reactions to psych meds, others have delayed adverse reactions, others develop tolerance withdrawal, and yet other people seem to do fine until they try to withdraw off of the psych meds.  It is an absolute, total, and complete gamble for how people will react to these meds.

Sadly, the only cases doctors are familiar with are the people who seem to do well with psych meds, because those are the cases that medical and pharmaceutical literature emphasize.  There is a SMALL, growing movement of doctors who are beginning to accept that psych meds do damage, and there is a SMALL body of medical literature that's beginning to acknowledge what we in the online support groups already know: that psych meds may help some people, but those same psych meds can and do absolutely slaughter the health of a great many people.

As far as your symptoms go, please know that so many people on this site have been where you are.  I can tell you for a fact that I've been where you are, including muscle contractions, spasms, brain zaps, body zaps, and a constant feeling of having the flu.  My body has improved greatly with time.  This living nightmare DOES get better.  Recovery is not linear, like it would be with a broken bone.  Recovery also takes different amounts of time for different people.  But it IS true that things get better.

Log on here as often as you need.  Freak out on this site as often as you need.  Lay around and rest as often as you need.  Do "mindless" things, like watch TV, as often as you need.  Be very gentle with yourself.  That is key.

Four years ago, I was in a wheelchair due to the severe physical damage caused to me by psych meds and psych med withdrawal.  Then, I became able to use a walker.  Eventually, I graduated to a cane.  Four years ago, I was physically unable to feed myself and had to be spoon-fed by my parents.  I had to re-learn how to dress myself.  That's how extensively the meds and withdrawal damaged by body and cognitive abilities.  Doctors were cruel to me, calling me crazy, and telling my parents that they were enabling my delusions.  Finally, we found a GP and a psychiatrist who did not blow me off as crazy, but who took the time to investigate my case and who read the notes from the hospital that clearly stated that the psych meds had done this to my body.  The new GP and psychiatrist believed me, and familiarized themselves with medical literature where other cases like mine had been reported.

Over the past four years, I've hung on to life like a dog with a bone by my bare teeth, and I'm on this site today to tell newcomers like you to HOLD ON BECAUSE YOU WILL GET BETTER.

There is an additional website that helped me greatly, too:

https://beyondmeds.com/2015/03/20/reciprocity-thank-you/

I'm sorry this happened to you, but I am SUPER encouraged by the fact that you said you had a good day on a Friday.  It may seem like a small thing, but having a good day like that is a sign of healing and progress. 

Can you clarify in your signature whether you are still on any meds?  That info will help us all respond to you.  BTW, I'm not one of the admins here, and I don't have as much knowledge as they do.  I'm just a psych med survivor.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

Hi SadDad88,

I can definitely relate to the gut issues you've been having.  This is IBS...have had it for the past 2 months but it seems to have calmed down - FINALLY.

The stabbing head pains, not so much.  Sometimes have headaches.

I would assume it's WD (brain and gut being linked).

TC,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

On 11/18/2018 at 11:45 AM, Junglechicken said:

Hi SadDad88,

I can definitely relate to the gut issues you've been having.  This is IBS...have had it for the past 2 months but it seems to have calmed down - FINALLY.

The stabbing head pains, not so much.  Sometimes have headaches.

I would assume it's WD (brain and gut being linked).

TC,

JC

Thanks for the reply JC,

What's interesting is the stabbing pains went away... for now. I had the same exact symptoms coming off Buspar (another supposedly mild anti anxiety med) The stabbing  pains in the head sort of subsided. I'm feeling slightly better but damn, I had a bad weekend. Near panic attacks, weird vibration feelings like if my body was in a small earthquake. Visual weirdness and strange mental states which I can't even began to describe what they are like.

I've had some serious headaches for sure, tension and some that are just unreal.

Take care friend. Hope you are well.

On 11/17/2018 at 6:51 PM, WiggleIt said:

Dear SadDad,

Alto is right in saying that your doc did you a great disservice by adding a second medication instead of removing the first offending medication.  You are right to feel betrayed, and any doctor who states that psych meds "can't do this" is just plain wrong.  Alto is also right in identifying that some people have immediate adverse reactions to psych meds, others have delayed adverse reactions, others develop tolerance withdrawal, and yet other people seem to do fine until they try to withdraw off of the psych meds.  It is an absolute, total, and complete gamble for how people will react to these meds.

Sadly, the only cases doctors are familiar with are the people who seem to do well with psych meds, because those are the cases that medical and pharmaceutical literature emphasize.  There is a SMALL, growing movement of doctors who are beginning to accept that psych meds do damage, and there is a SMALL body of medical literature that's beginning to acknowledge what we in the online support groups already know: that psych meds may help some people, but those same psych meds can and do absolutely slaughter the health of a great many people.

As far as your symptoms go, please know that so many people on this site have been where you are.  I can tell you for a fact that I've been where you are, including muscle contractions, spasms, brain zaps, body zaps, and a constant feeling of having the flu.  My body has improved greatly with time.  This living nightmare DOES get better.  Recovery is not linear, like it would be with a broken bone.  Recovery also takes different amounts of time for different people.  But it IS true that things get better.

Log on here as often as you need.  Freak out on this site as often as you need.  Lay around and rest as often as you need.  Do "mindless" things, like watch TV, as often as you need.  Be very gentle with yourself.  That is key.

Four years ago, I was in a wheelchair due to the severe physical damage caused to me by psych meds and psych med withdrawal.  Then, I became able to use a walker.  Eventually, I graduated to a cane.  Four years ago, I was physically unable to feed myself and had to be spoon-fed by my parents.  I had to re-learn how to dress myself.  That's how extensively the meds and withdrawal damaged by body and cognitive abilities.  Doctors were cruel to me, calling me crazy, and telling my parents that they were enabling my delusions.  Finally, we found a GP and a psychiatrist who did not blow me off as crazy, but who took the time to investigate my case and who read the notes from the hospital that clearly stated that the psych meds had done this to my body.  The new GP and psychiatrist believed me, and familiarized themselves with medical literature where other cases like mine had been reported.

Over the past four years, I've hung on to life like a dog with a bone by my bare teeth, and I'm on this site today to tell newcomers like you to HOLD ON BECAUSE YOU WILL GET BETTER.

There is an additional website that helped me greatly, too:

https://beyondmeds.com/2015/03/20/reciprocity-thank-you/

I'm sorry this happened to you, but I am SUPER encouraged by the fact that you said you had a good day on a Friday.  It may seem like a small thing, but having a good day like that is a sign of healing and progress. 

Can you clarify in your signature whether you are still on any meds?  That info will help us all respond to you.  BTW, I'm not one of the admins here, and I don't have as much knowledge as they do.  I'm just a psych med survivor.

Wow Wigglet, 

I'm absolutely shocked but not surprised that you went through such a horrendous withdrawal,. How are you doing now? I can totally agree with you that these meds, including benzos can absolutely wreck your CNS. Unfortunately I am familiar with benzo withdrawal and how it feels. The Lexapro issues made me feel very different than what I experienced on benzos. These meds should be illegal imo. I felt better before prescribed meds and would trade everything for those panic attacks I had. All I needed were the coping techniques, instead the dr threw Lexapro at me, without even telling me anything about it. I was naive and thought to myself, "Cool, this is stop the panic" I couldn't be more wrong, it opened up hell and it swallowed me whole. That is why I was placed on  a benzo, which I still take today. I know all the ends and outs of benzos after the first Lexapro nightmare. I was able to get down to 15mg valium a day from 20mg over 5 months, from Dec last year to mid April this year. Had to put things on hold because of possible horrible reaction to Buspar, and some life events.

I'll add the ongoing Valium treatment to my signature.

H8 mate,

Hope your managing with coping techniques and you read my thread. 

You been on a benzo quite some time? How much you taking and how often? 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, SadDad88 said:

How are you doing now?

I am so much better that it really seems like a miracle!  My parents (with whom I live) and I talk often about how crazy it is to think about what I was like four years ago versus now. 

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:51 AM, SadDad88 said:

Thanks for the reply JC,

What's interesting is the stabbing pains went away... for now. I had the same exact symptoms coming off Buspar (another supposedly mild anti anxiety med) The stabbing  pains in the head sort of subsided. I'm feeling slightly better but damn, I had a bad weekend. Near panic attacks, weird vibration feelings like if my body was in a small earthquake. Visual weirdness and strange mental states which I can't even began to describe what they are like.

I've had some serious headaches for sure, tension and some that are just unreal.

Take care friend. Hope you are well.

Hi SadDad,

I can tell you my IBS has subsided (for now)…..spending a week with my MIL and the anticipation of starting a new job (among other things) triggered a REALLY bad episode.  Anyway, its all CNS related, and it sounds like yours is on fire (bodily vibrations , visual changes and the mental states).

A couple of weeks ago, at a doctor appointment, I was convinced she was going to refer me for colonoscopy, endoscopy etc., but no, she had bothered to look through my medical history and attributed it to my enemy - stress and anxiety.

I do get nasty headaches, right-sided with pain behind the eye, and sometimes other painful ones too......WD, stress/anxiety?? its all related.

Take care too my friend, do as much as you can to help calm your CNS.

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

So I've been experiencing fluctuations in muscle tension. For example, my jaw would get tight, 30 minutes later it goes away but I have an onset tension headache. Then that goes away about a hour later followed by jaw tension. Lol, this is by far crazy! Has anyone experienced this?

Side note, has anyone had tension in their glutes? I'm getting some horrible dull aching in my glutes and down my hamstrings followed by either cold feeling feet or numbness. 

Edited by SadDad88
Spelling

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on this site.  Before creating a new topic, please search to see if there is one already.  Thank you.

I like to use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  For example:

survivingantidepressants.org muscle:  tension-pain-twitches-excruciating-spasms-in-muscles-and-joints

survivingantidepressants.org jawface-jaw-tongue-muscle-tension-and-pain-bruxism-teeth-clenching-tics-tmj

survivingantidepressants.org coldbody-temperature-dysregulation-fever-chills-shivering-too-hot-too-cold-flashes-flushes

survivingantidepressants.org numb paresthesia-pins-needles-numbness-tingling-burning-sensations-aka-neuropathy

survivingantidepressants.org headachemigraines-headaches-neck-ache-pain-and-head-pressure

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

There are many existing topics on this site.  Before creating a new topic, please search to see if there is one already.  Thank you.

I like to use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  For example:

survivingantidepressants.org muscle:  tension-pain-twitches-excruciating-spasms-in-muscles-and-joints

survivingantidepressants.org jawface-jaw-tongue-muscle-tension-and-pain-bruxism-teeth-clenching-tics-tmj

survivingantidepressants.org coldbody-temperature-dysregulation-fever-chills-shivering-too-hot-too-cold-flashes-flushes

survivingantidepressants.org numb paresthesia-pins-needles-numbness-tingling-burning-sensations-aka-neuropathy

survivingantidepressants.org headachemigraines-headaches-neck-ache-pain-and-head-pressure

Thanks Chessie!

So in my signature ive been taking 15mg daiky of valium.

On my original post to this site, ive experienced a horrible reaction to a low dosage to lexapro.  Im still dealing with a lot of symptoms as of late  and it seems in the past two weeks they have increased. 

Ive experienced hostility,  runny nose, diarrhea, pain in my legs, muscle cramps all over, dizziness, depression, agitation, horrific headaches, brain sizzles or zaps. 

My question is  to thise who have experience with benzos is, could increasing my intake help reduce ssri withdrawal symotoms?  I literally cant afford to lose my job over this, my job entails a lot of driving as well as other possible hazardous situations. 

Im prescribed 15mg daiky which ive held since April.  But also another 5mg per day for breakthrough anxiety.

Thanks all

• Administrator

-Current meds, 15mg Valium daily. Pretty sure I hit tolerance

You have been on a benzo for quite a while. Why did you make this switch from clonazepam to Valium?

Please be aware that one of the side effects of benzo use can be depression.

What times of day do you take Valium? Do you take any other drugs? How's your sleep? Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

This was only a month ago. You are still recovering from the adverse reaction.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:51 PM, SadDad88 said:

Side note, has anyone had tension in their glutes? I'm getting some horrible dull aching in my glutes and down my hamstrings followed by either cold feeling feet or numbness. 

Do you spend a lot of time at the computer or sitting down? When your system is sensitized by an adverse drug reaction, you might have aches and pains from poor posture habits or lack of exercise that you would otherwise get away with.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

On 11/25/2018 at 12:20 PM, Altostrata said:

You have been on a benzo for quite a while. Why did you make this switch from clonazepam to Valium?

Please be aware that one of the side effects of benzo use can be depression.

What times of day do you take Valium? Do you take any other drugs? How's your sleep? Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

I made the switch from cPam to Valium due to what my pdoc thought was sensitivity to serotonin. I was taking 30mg Buspar a day along side .75mg cPam a day. I was experiencing muscle rigidity and weakness upon taking the dosage within 1-2 hours. cPam has a serotogenic affect he explained and could be causing excess serotonin or something along those lines. It's the only benzo that does that apparently. Anyway, I feel it was the Buspar personally. After I tapered down, the muscle issues seem to stop and my burning feet symptoms subsided. I ended up having pretty bad withdrawal from Buspar which I will talk about later in this thread.

Do you spend a lot of time at the computer or sitting down? When your system is sensitized by an adverse drug reaction, you might have aches and pains from poor posture habits or lack of exercise that you would otherwise get away with.

Sort of, even before all this medicine garbage, I've noticed I constantly have to adjust how I sit because my lower back hurts from time to time. For example, watching a movie at a theater, I'd constantly adjust myself. You're probably right! I've notice this symptom twice before. First was when my pdoc had me go up to 50mg buspar per day. The pain or agony was beyond measure. As soon as I lowered to 30mg, it stopped. Second time I noticed it was two days after starting this last round of super low dose lexapro. It now comes and goes. I haven't noticed it in 3 days thus far.

You're right. I am absolutely slammed by symptoms now. About two weeks after stopping, everything increased symptom wise. Yesterday I had a meltdown. I was driving and had the urge to hit the center divide on the freeway and kill myself, it was then followed by extreme agitation and panic.  It felt as my mind was melting and I was about to die. Not a normal panic attack that I am used to. Today I've had heart palps all day long. Had to leave work due to them as well as being dizzy and feeling intense head pressure. I went to the Dr, mainly to get a note for work and my BP was 155/108 with a pulse of 90's. (Usually its near 60 at rest) Normal BP for me is 130/85. 

I'm going to go on a rant here, if anyone cares to read or even reply. It will be a good way to vent for me.

I feel my Pdoc is an absolute moron. I messaged him yesterday with everything that I mentioned above I believe. All the adverse reactions from the ultra low dosage of Lexapro and how I have been feeling as of late. Some symptoms as of late have included the following.

-Internal vibrations all throughout my body and brain

-Visual distortions

-Confusion

-Strong heart palpitations with high BP and pulse lasting for hours or even the entire day

-Panic attacks

-Diarrhea 

-Stomach pain, like stabbing (lasted for about 4 days, gone now)

-Extreme agitation where I feel the need to move my body

-Extreme rage, anger and irritability for no reason

-Shaking upon waking probably due to cortisol rushes

-Jaw and head tension that comes and goes rapidly

-Instantaneous muscle contractions of my neck

-Muscle spasms and twitches

-Memory loss

-Dizziness

-Insomnia

-A few instances where I felt like I couldn't help but sleep. It was like a sudden onset of Narcolepsy 

-Weird mental states that I can't even explain

-Depression

-Possibly Catatonic feelings, staring spells and lack of emotion or movement ( I seriously thought these were seizures of some sort)

-A few other things I can't quite recall

So all of these mimic but to a greater degree when I was taken off Buspar of this year in early August. I experienced all of these but with Lexapro, it's more intense. Now I know the normal literature for Buspar is that no one really has withdrawals. I found that to be false and have read several accounts of people withdrawing from it. The good news was about 2 months later I was feeling better. The symptoms slammed me 9 days off Buspar. With Lexapro I felt it about two weeks off.

So as to why my pdoc is a moron? He just replies as if I am stressed out and perhaps I should see a therapist more often. I KNOW MY BODY, I know what I am feeling is not normal anxiety. Literally at the dr today I felt mentally fine but my heart was racing and my bp was pretty high. The stabbing pains I get in my head and the crushing headaches I get have never happen to me before. This guy won't listen, or he just doesn't care. He told me that it can't possibility be the Lexapro. I had enough and I am switching pdocs (not that it would help at all) I don't more meds. I just want to heal from the Lexapro and then slowly taper off Valium.

I'm sure people on here probably can relate. Sorry for all who have been damage by SSRI's Benzos and all those pysch meds out there. Truly I believe they are evil, that Drs don't exactly know how they work. The brain in so complex and they don't fully understand it.

Thanks for listening

• Moderator Emeritus

Rant away SadDad, 

Yes, you’re spot on. Doctors n psychiatrists don’t seem to have a clue about withdrawals. There are sooooo many accounts of people being in withdrawals n the doctors say you need to go back on your meds or you need to up your meds because you’re original symptoms have come back or now you have some other psychiatric condition. 

I was actually given a ton of ECT because of the severe akathisia n suicidal tendencies I had but little did I know at the time that the meds were causing the symptoms. They fried my brain because of something they actually caused.

My problems started with chronic pain n I was put on n off meds, cold turkeyed etc. it was horrendous. I didn’t have any psychiatric problems. 

We can’t change the past though, all we can do is look forward. Being angry doesn’t serve a purpose, it only hurts us. We have to somehow find peace with what has happened to us n focus on what we can actually do to help us cope with these withdrawals. I’m going through a bad wave at the moment but I’ve found a hundred ways to distract myself. I hope you have lots of distractions too.

I only go to my psychiatrist to get a script for my meds n I water titrate them. We are pretty much alone in this journey when it comes to doctors.

I’m so sorry you are going through this too💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Has anyone else felt a state of unresponsiveness? I feel like there is a weight in my head and I stare off into space with no thoughts going through my head. It's very distressing.

• Moderator Emeritus

On 11/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, ChessieCat said:

Before creating a new topic, please search to see if there is one already.  Thank you.

derealization-or-depersonalization-dr-and-dp

anhedonia-apathy-demotivation-emotional-numbness

• Administrator

It's very possible your psychiatrist is an idiot. A good one is very hard to find.

It sounds to me like you and Buspar don't get along at all.

We have many people here who have had difficulty going off Buspar.

I think you should seek some kind of treatment for your body aches and pains, even a gentle daily stretching regimen. Physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, osteopathic manual therapy are all possibilities -- but ultimately, you'll have to adopt some physical activities to counter your bad posture habits.

I still need this information: