Ibnabu

Formula of healing time

Ibnabu

After thinking deeply about the issue of healing I found a formula of the time it takes to heal from antidepressants. This formula does not apply to stopping ct.

The formula is (healing period=  (dose in mg/tapering time in yesrs) + length of taking the drug in years + (age in years/20).

Mod Note:  Please read this topic 

Edited by ChessieCat
added link

dj2010
1 hour ago, Ibnabu said:

Hi,

After thinking deeply about the issue of healing I found a formula of the time it takes to heal from antidepressants. This formula does not apply to stopping ct.

The formula is (healing period=  (dose in mg/tapering time in yesrs) + length of taking the drug in years + (age in years/20).

this looks like a really accurate formula lol, you make this up yourself?

Ibnabu

Yes dj2010,

I made this myself. Is it strange? You do not believe it? It's up to you.

Hope u will heal Soooon.

Ibnabu

powerback
2 hours ago, Ibnabu said:

Hi,

In my opinion this way too symplistic (i dont mean offence),there are loads of variables to each persons situation .

Peace.

Ibnabu

Yes indeed power back, these are: age, period of tapering, dose. What more variables you mean. 

dj2010
5 minutes ago, Ibnabu said:

Yes dj2010,

I made this myself. Is it strange? You do not believe it? It's up to you.

Hope u will heal Soooon.

Ibnabu

super, now i know the day that I will be healed, will jot it down in my calendar

bluepm

I think we can be  scientific  by taking survey based on your  equation plugging in the numbers . there where suveries done in bezo community by age and number of  months to recovery. but there  have be strict compliance to certain parameters.    at the benzo community state any wear to 6 month 18 months  but between 0 to  18 months can be shear hell with improvements along the way and the there  odd cases that it takes  years to  recover   that is max  and mean cases.   But SA has different mythology for tappering then BB community .   I agree SA that is no fast rule  for recovery time no body wants give false hope  to anyone. 

ChessieCat

Please read this topic: 

Songbird

Recovery happens gradually over time.  Some of it happens during the slow taper, as the body adapts to the dose reduction.  There are so many factors involved, it just isn't possible to predict a timeframe.

Altostrata

I haven't seen any basis for a prediction of healing time for an individual.

Conventional wisdom says the following are at higher risk for longer recovery:

- Those who go off suddenly (cold turkey or close to it)

- Those who have been on the drugs for many years

- Older people

However, these are just suppositions based on perhaps faulty common sense. There's no definition of "higher risk" -- what does that mean? I have seen no evidence in journals or anecdotally that these conditions are predictive. There's very wide variability of individual tolerance for dosage reduction. Some people recover within weeks, some within months, some take years.

One thing is clear: Cold turkey off psychiatric drugs is a very, very bad idea. If you've been on a drug longer than a month, going cold turkey begs the most severe acute withdrawal symptoms. No one has any idea how bad it can be until they experience it. It's so bad, we don't even have the words for it. Don't do it.

Ibnabu

Do we heal at the end?. This is my question. I been asking this question many times without clear answer. Do heal at the end???? Regardless of the time it takes. Do we heal after 5 or 6 or 10 years? Do all symptoms disappear at the end????