☼ TedB: am I dumb or what?

TedB

Hi, I was on 50mg of sertraline for 4 mths. I'm 53 years old and consider myself pretty intelligent. I allowed a Dr to let me think the medicine would help me be able to cope 

on some UPCOMING things that I shared with her...that my life was pretty overwhelming. I have an 88yr old Mother that lives with me, she had had a recent stroke and just her

years of life coming to a close and needing to deal with that....my last child of 5 was going to be going away to college so I was GONNA be an empty nester.....my daughter that has my grandchildren was GONNA be moving further and I was loving them being 7 miles away. ALLLL of those things were coming in the future - NOTHING had happened and she put me on it as a precaution. Im still soooo mad that I took it.

SOOO...4 mths on, I had nasal congestion the whole time, no sex drive & my sleep was messed up. The 1st mth I felt so beyond WEIRD on it. Very disconnected and kinda floating feeling. I pretty much cold-turkey'd off of the 50mg. I was ok for the 1st 10 days. Then the VERY DAY we moved our son in to his dorm...my life stopped as I knew it. I had crazy dizziness, TOTAL exhaustion feeling, just barely could put 1 foot in front of the other. Slept for days that 1st week or 10 days. My brain just felt weird - I just really dont know how to explain it. I had a few brain zaps but mine came with fast motion of my head sideways or up and down - so i did NOT do that. I could move my eyes sideways or look up...it was awful. In the night i couldnt turn over much because it would send me into vertigo spin.

NOW...all of that mostly has gone - I'm 3 mths into WD! But the dizziness hasnt left. It's not like the beginning where I couldnt walk anywhere straight - I ran into everything. But my head just feels weird. I'll go shopping (never by myself because I don't think I can drive) and I will feel good -- but then the next time I'll feel floaty the whole time...

My question that I asked -- am I dumb... I've had some xanax that when I have to do something important I take 1 and I don't even know if it helps but I'm desperate to feel normal... Is the Xanax starting some of my WD all over again or making me hold on to the dizziness. In 3 mths I've probably take 8 & they are low dose (not sure what mg) -- but am I shooting myself in the foot?? I've also had some numbness around my lip, nose, eye - that's hung on and my tongue is slightly numb and burns some. I think alot of that is anxiety. Anyways - I appreciate anyones thoughts. Im soooo beyond grateful my WD havent been mental - all physical. I just found SA and Im gonna be praying for you all. Took sertraline for 4 mths and i'm beginning my 4th month of this WD junk. Blessings to you all!!

Edited by Altostrata
added line breaks

Only daily prescription drug I take - Amlodipine-Benaz 5/20mg - for high blood pressure

March 21, 2018 - 50mg of Sertraline

July 16, 2018 - stopped cold turkey

July 16 - November 25th -- 0.5mg Xanas - took only 9 times 

• ChessieCat changed the title to TedB: Am i dumb or what?
  • Administrator

Welcome, Ted.

It sounds like you had a mild adverse reaction to sertraline from the start, then you had some acute withdrawal symptoms, which indicate your nervous system had adapted to the drug.

Your nervous system is still unwinding from the influence of the drug. Fortunately, it sounds like the worst has passed and you're slowly recovering. This may take some months.

However, your upset nervous system might have become sensitized to drugs and even some supplements and foods. If I were you, I'd stay away from Xanax, quite often it causes more problems, such as rebound anxiety or sleeplessness. Avoid alcohol as well.

For the time being, you might use Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms to manage your very understandable worry about your symptoms.

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you for your input. I indeed put the Xanax away...it goes to show you we'll do anything to feel "normal". My sleep is so good now! I slept so much in the beginning and then a switch flipped and I had insomnia - which I'm well acquainted with because of my menopause days... But then a switch flipped and my sleep is really good. I mean...5-6hrs is all I get but that's been for YEARS! I take a blood pressure pill and that makes me sleepy, mid morning, so I have the privilege of being able to nap - so i DO!

I've heard if benadryl can help with dizziness - is that wrong? I've taken that kinda like i did the Xanax...trying anything when I just gotta feel normal. But I certainly don't want to do that if it's hurting me. 

This site is awesome - WOW, so much info!

Only daily prescription drug I take - Amlodipine-Benaz 5/20mg - for high blood pressure

• Administrator

What other drugs are you taking? If more than one, please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

The blood pressure pill may be causing your dizziness. When was the last time you had your blood pressure checked? You might not need the drug any more, or you might do fine with a lower dosage.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Alto,

I just take a blood pressure medicine and it does keep it good - I ck it and it doesnt go too low. A side effect to the bp medicine is dizziness - could it be that I'm now sensitive to that medicine too and it's my problem? Hmmm....it's a mystery! I know not to stop taking it. 

And I have not known about that Drug Interaction Checker - that's awesome. Thank you!

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, TedB said:

I've heard if benadryl can help with dizziness

One of the side effects is dizziness.  See:  https://www.rxlist.com/benadryl-side-effects-drug-center.htm

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

LOVELY...yeah, not gonna take those anymore...

I'm not sure where to go with a question so I thought I'd come back here...where I started. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, I had some pretty yucky withdrawals right off. Next week will be 4 very lonnnng months since the withdrawals started. I feel like some things like the dizziness have gotten so much better but just this week I have very mild numbness on my right side. Nothing like, I can't feel my limbs - but as I run my hand over my leg, it feels the weird feeling. No pain or even tingling. My forearm feels cold is really the most annoying. The last 2 days I can't shake being very weepy. I don't know if its the sadness from just life stuff - watching Pres. Bush's funeral - knowing that Christmas is soooo soon and I have all 5 of my kids coming and my AMAZING 4 grandkids - and I just have NO idea how I'll feel while they are here. 1 daughter is coming home from Israel for the holidays. I think the stress of "things coming up and the unknown" - it really effects me. My brain has had moments the last few days that it has felt OFF - that buzzing feeling that was here in the beginning.  My question - is this all normal? Am I gonna be ok? I need reassurance that this is all withdrawals. I ready about acceptance the other day and I can do that, knowing I have a husband that will wait on me hand and foot, I don't have a job and I have faith in a healing God that is my ONLY hope at this point.  I want to be a blessing to people, even on here, I want to tell people that they will get through this...and the last few days...I'm feeling weary. The very last thing I want to do is worry my 5 children that something is wrong with Mom and she'll never be the same again. So if anyone can give me some encouragement - I swear I'll pay it forward 1 day.  I was taking B-12 and I stopped because I was writing down times and I feel like I felt weird after that. Other than that - fish oil, vitamin E and very little magnesium. And then my daily blood pressure medicine. I'm soooo frightened to even take ibuprofen...is it ok to take that if i need it?  I appreciate all you moderators soooo much! What a godsend this forum is... Thank you!!

• Moderator Emeritus

TedB, you will be okay again. I know it probably doesn't seem like it! But you absolutely will be okay again.

Wow, my heart goes out to you that you're experiencing this after taking Sertraline for such a short time.

It should be okay to take ibuprofen if needed. Of course, monitor how you feel after taking it, but we don't often hear of problems with ibuprofen. I know wd makes us so scared to take any medicine at all. 

I promise, promise you that you will heal from this. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Thank you SkyBlue -- I think I have working against me that I ignorantly just went off of 50mg of Zoloft, COLD TURKEY!! Dear God, if I had it to do over again...I would! 

• ChessieCat changed the title to TedB: Am I dumb or what?

I've had a couple of bad days...I think this is what y'all call a wave? Starting mth 4 of wd and thought I was getting better. Today I had 2 brain zaps. Haven't had those since the beginning. I looked at my calendar and I had to take prednisone and amoxcillian for an ear issue - didn't know then what I know now. I've been off of it 10 days but about day 7 of being off the steroid these new wd started (some numbness on my right side) and just an overall weird feeling again in my head. And then today the zaps!! Is this a wave? Did i do it to myself? I'd love some input because I truly thought since I was on the 50 mg Zoloft for 4 mths...that all this would be gone at 4 mths...pretty silly of me I'm now seeing. Not sure if the anxiety is coming from just having new symptoms and was so wishing it was close to ending or if the anxiety is from wd... Still hanging tough...I'm a tough lady that refuses to lay down and let this crap win!! I did spend the evening researching how to reinstate... (i got weak for a sec.) I appreciate this site so much and if theres anyway to give to support the people that take time to help - point me the way!! And if i was RICH I'd take us all on a shopping spree... : )

Yesterday my day started with my awesome Hubby, our 5 kids, 2 son-in-loves and our AMAZING 3 grandANGELS - kids and grands showed up around 10am!! They're the people I love the very MOST!! No stresses from them! My daughter is home from Israel and our son is home from college! They love me and semi understand what I'm going through... My problems started with just not wanting any of them to know that the turning from side to side of my head in the living room...was making my head feel very off...and then that began anxiety. Then I'd get up to help with something and the more I would bend -- the more it would effect my dizziness - does ANYONE else have that happen?? This dizziness is so much better after 4 mth but still there. I went from the feeling of being on a rollercoaster to the feeling of walking on a cloud and my eyes can't catch up with my motions ((ANYONE else.) But not always - usually with lots of motion and when i say lots...I mean lots for someone in WD! So, all of that brought on anxiety which brought on symptoms more. My mouth got uber DRY & burns some in that level of anxiety (ANYONE else have that.) 

Then came the evening last night. We all 12 loaded up in vehicles and headed to my side of the family's Christmas party. I have 8 siblings - we have lots of kids - our kids are now having lots of kids...so when I say lots...I mean 50+ in a not so HUGE home. The anxiety hit me on the way...the dizziness to the car and in their house - was BAD...I almost was shaking! I found a perfect spot to sit - where I could see my grands play and where Santa (my hubby) would come to sit when he came for all the kiddos. I got to that spot and I never moved...3+ hrs - my hubby and my 6 sister waited on me hand and foot. I sat because it was the safest for me. But as soon as I made it there...the anxiety subsided and I kept my head forward and I had pretty good victory!! I came home exhausted and within 10mins my son had friends over that are home from different colleges and we had another hour or so of talking/visiting. I went to bed feeling so accomplished with all the things I had conquered with the state of mind that is still just off... 

Yesterday was probably my busiest day of the holidays and it had it's moments of being scary as HELL!! The rest of our get togethers are with my 11 people and Im believing God that they will go off without a hitch!! Does anyone else experience heightened wd when stress enters? I did yesterday afraid and at the end...I was so proud of myself... Merry Christmas to whoever reads this...I'm praying for us all during this season because Im really thinking that Im not alone...

• ChessieCat changed the title to Christmas stress = WD in full swing?
  • Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, TedB said:

Does anyone else experience heightened wd when stress enters?

Yes, this is very common.  Withdrawal sensitizes our nervous systems.  Any stress, even good stress can cause our symptoms to increase.

There are many existing topics on this site.  I like to use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  For example survivingantidepressants.org dizzy:

dizziness-vertigo-light-headedness-rocking-or-swaying-sensations

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 month later...

Hi:

Just checking to see if the toothpaste and mouthwash helped any?

Hope so😊

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Frogie, so sorry I missed your above question. YES, it did help! Of course nothing helped for hours...but it is for the most part GONE!

I have a new question for anyone...well a few questions -- I took zoloft for 4 mths - cold turkey'd - started having horrible dizziness within a week/10 days. The dizziness was dreadful! I couldn't walk straight for weeks - after that it was better but still it was there. It seemed to hit me worse with stress or when I did a lot of bending - like cleaning up toys or picking things up - it was like it got my head swirling. I didn't feel confident to drive because any turns would make it feel like i could spin. SOOOO...I just drove FOR THE 1ST TIME - in over 5 mths...I went to Target and spent over $500 - haha!! I'm 5 1/2 month since my cold turkey - and the dizziness is NOT gone but it's so much better!! The dry mouth/burning tongue - is SO MUCH BETTER!! I'm a positive person so my glass is always 1/2 full. I think the enemy to this situation has been when I forget how far I've come! That 1st 6 days when I couldn't get out of bed and when I did I hit everything because the dizziness was so bad. I couldn't roll over in bed without the spinning! 

Well just as soon as some things clear up now I'm dealing with diarrhea and some stomach pain. Didn't think anything of it but I'm on day 5 and it could be a bug but I'm a bit leery of that.  Also, the numbness and muscle pain continues to be all the way down my right side. From my shoulder to my toes. I even have some swelling in that knee and ankle. The pain is always a different level, each day. And the swelling goes up and down. 

I'm creeping up on 6 mths of withdrawals when I only took the poison for 4... I'm hopeful and I pray for the ones who have so many worse withdrawals... but i fight to not get weary!! I look forward so much to LIFE & being able to drive myself to see my grandkids & planning a vacation - and really I look forward to the simple things - showering not feeling like a big event or cooking and cleaning being the worst thing to think about!! 

Also, is there any members names that I can look up that are like me and weren't on the drug for very long but suffered with withdrawals?

On 2/3/2019 at 11:20 AM, TedB said:

Frogie, so sorry I missed your above question. YES, it did help! Of course nothing helped for hours...but it is for the most part GONE!

I have a new question for anyone...well a few questions -- I took zoloft for 4 mths - cold turkey'd - started having horrible dizziness within a week/10 days. The dizziness was dreadful! I couldn't walk straight for weeks - after that it was better but still it was there. It seemed to hit me worse with stress or when I did a lot of bending - like cleaning up toys or picking things up - it was like it got my head swirling. I didn't feel confident to drive because any turns would make it feel like i could spin. SOOOO...I just drove FOR THE 1ST TIME - in over 5 mths...I went to Target and spent over $500 - haha!! I'm 5 1/2 month since my cold turkey - and the dizziness is NOT gone but it's so much better!! The dry mouth/burning tongue - is SO MUCH BETTER!! I'm a positive person so my glass is always 1/2 full. I think the enemy to this situation has been when I forget how far I've come! That 1st 6 days when I couldn't get out of bed and when I did I hit everything because the dizziness was so bad. I couldn't roll over in bed without the spinning! 

Well just as soon as some things clear up now I'm dealing with diarrhea and some stomach pain. Didn't think anything of it but I'm on day 5 and it could be a bug but I'm a bit leery of that.  Also, the numbness and muscle pain continues to be all the way down my right side. From my shoulder to my toes. I even have some swelling in that knee and ankle. The pain is always a different level, each day. And the swelling goes up and down. 

I'm creeping up on 6 mths of withdrawals when I only took the poison for 4... I'm hopeful and I pray for the ones who have so many worse withdrawals... but i fight to not get weary!! I look forward so much to LIFE & being able to drive myself to see my grandkids & planning a vacation - and really I look forward to the simple things - showering not feeling like a big event or cooking and cleaning being the worst thing to think about!! 

Also, is there any members names that I can look up that are like me and weren't on the drug for very long but suffered with withdrawals?

Hi Ted:

I’m glad I could help with the dry mouth. It helped me.

I can’t answer every one of your questions, but I had horrible diarrhea for months. I finally had a colonoscopy. Everything was fine, not even one polyp. But the dr told me to take Metamucil. I’ve been taking it and I think I might have had it a few times since. Nothing like I had before.

Don’t know if that helped or not, but the mods are more experienced than me. That’s just what helped me.

Let me know.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ted, 

All these symptoms sound like withdrawal symptoms. I had a burning mouth for quite a while, but it went away. I remember having severe nausea when I came off one of my meds, I can’t remember which medication. I think I may have had stomach pain too. I was put on and off so many that most of my past is a blur. I’m always dizzy, but that has a lot to do with my illness. I can’t stand very long in one spot at all.

You asked if there any members that have only been on the meds a short time and are having problems. Check out eymen’s thread. 

Wishing you all the best in your continued recovery.💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Thank you again for the recommendation - Frogie 

Thanks Carmie -- I think the stomach issue is a virus...my Grandkids came down with it the day they left my house and my family are all so freaked out that I will get sick from something else...other than withdrawals...she didn't tell me incase I didn't get it. Little did my daughter know, it made me spiral with anxiety that this was another blasted withdrawal. I'm grateful to God that it's something that will go away quickly. I think having this virus has made some of my withdrawals a little heightened. I understand that's pretty typical.

It's really hard to have been such a strong woman for over 50 years that figured out everyones issues in my family of 7 and now I really can't handle much stress of their lives. They're all grown but I've been a stay at home Mom for 33 yrs till my #5 child left for college last Fall. I know I will get better and I'm trying to see the good in that maybe I need to not quite be so involved and let them figure things out. But as many Mom's, I love to be needed. Tomorrow I celebrate 36 AMAZING years of marriage and I'm praying that I feel good enough to shower and go do something with my hubby - that doesnt include any food, haha!  

Again, thank y'all soooo much!! This site has been a Godsend to me.  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ted, 

Glad to hear it’s just a virus. If that’s the case it should go. Viruses do tend to ramp up our symptoms, but we do eventually stabilise again. It’s a shame you weren’t told earlier on that your grandkids had it, sometimes people trying to protect us from certain information just makes things worse. 

I don’t stress anymore when I get new withdrawal symptoms as I know they will eventually pass. In the past before I knew about the different withdrawals symptoms I was always concerned that I had new health problems. Now I think, it’s only withdrawals. I’ve had earaches and toothaches, I had a burning mouth for a long time. They were all symptoms that came n went. 

Hope you manage to have your shower n have a nice time on your anniversary. 💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• ChessieCat changed the title to TedB: am I dumb or what?
  • 4 weeks later...

After over 6 LONNNNG months the dizziness I suffered from, it's finally gone for the most part!! It was debilitating and left me feeling very isolated because I couldn't drive. I write this because during my time I hung on every post about dizziness and I'd love to bring HOPE to someone. I seriously never thought it would leave - it was truly the longest months of my life. It still comes back when I'm under stress or if I'm very active. But for the most part I don't feel it anymore. After months of getting up to go to the kitchen or restroom - at 1st I'd feel spinning, then I'd feel like I was floating. I couldn't make the turn into my kitchen without feeling like I was spinning. At times I felt like I could stop it if I could get ahold of my brain. My brain at that time just felt off. I did have brain zaps but not that often. They would happen with fast movement up or down of my head so I was very cautious...always!! I could sit and be totally fine. But driving...if I was a passenger and looking at my phone, I was totally fine. But looking at the road...it was just too floaty. BUT, thank you God, it's 90% BETTER!! I just never thought that would happen!! I'm left with nerve stuff on the right side of my body. All the way down it just feels weird - not numb but numbish, pins and needles feeling. My muscles on that side hurt and my joints ache. I also have swelling on that side of my body in the knee area and ankle. No redness or tightness, it's just larger.  I have the burning skin on my forearm and the top of my hand. Putting the heating pad or wearing clothes that covered that area up, helps so much. It comes and goes. Places on both sides of my face are cold feeling but not to the touch. I've had tinnitus off an on...that's NO FUN!! I had burning tongue for months and still do some & dry mouth soooo bad. Above are some ideas to help with that but the best thing I tried was biotene moisturizing spray, it really worked great but nothing was very long-lasting.  

It amazes me now that I don't take the smallest of things for granted. Looking up...I don't take for granted. Reach for something high, I couldn't do without my head feeling weird. I couldn't stand long because of exhaustion...now I can wait on my keurig coffee or toast to pop up or doing the dishes!! It's just crazy the smallest things are now done naturally. Oh what we take for granted...

I don't know if it was because I was only on the poison for 4 mths...but I didn't have as many mental issues - mine were the physical things. I'm so grateful for that. I think depressed feelings came mostly because I had NO control of WHEN the dizziness would LEAVE. I'm grateful for this site and all it's wisdom. I don't know how long your journey has been or will be but I believe 1 word we can all keep on the forefront of our mind...HOPE!! I pray I'm not far off from a success story...I can't wait to write THAT!!!

• Administrator

Thanks for that good news, TedB.

Are you still taking the blood pressure drug?

Did you ever try fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You can rub magnesium oil on sore joints, it might help relax them.

• Administrator

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Oh I love that SUN!! In some strange way I feel like I've earned it, haha!

I'm still having to take the blood pressure meds...but I'm hoping that as I lose weight, I can drop that. Fish oil and magnesium really made me anxious the couple of times I tried it. I haven't tried it again but I think I will because both of those are things I took before. I haven't tried magnesium oil...I think if it was unbearable, I'd try anything but it's really not that bad. I think of myself as a pretty tough Grammy...haha! When my grandkids are over and they sit on that side of me...it's kinda a problem.

I look forward to writing my story! All I can think of is something good has to come from this time...I know personally things have been soooo put in perspective but giving someone HOPE, will always bless my heart. Thank you for all the time and help you give to us - it's truly been a lifeline for me. At the beginning of all this I had so much hope that it would never last months...if I could make it to 6 weeks or 3 mths or that magical 4 mth mark (which was how long I took the zoloft) - I was obsessed with the time it was robbing from me and my amazing family...but as soon as something left...something else would come. If I had it to do over again I would tell someone to NOT get down or obsess about the time because it only adds hurt to your recovery time. But the dizziness being gone the last couple of weeks has given me a new hope!! 

• Administrator

Excellent insights, Ted, thanks.

Please put your blood pressure drugs in your signature. Are you taking them for withdrawal anxiety or did you have high blood pressure before sertraline? Exercise can help high blood pressure.

DONE---And I've been taking bp meds for probably the last 5+ years. I need to get some weight off and for sure exercise. Genetics aren't my friend in this area too but I need to do my part.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi TedB, 

Glad you’re doing so well. It’s lovely to read when people are doing well, we will all get there one day. Thanks for sharing💚

• 4 weeks later...

HI Ted,  Thank you for the long note on my thread in early March.  That was very kind of you.  I hope you are doing well.  I'm finally feeling better at least for today.

-Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep